Maverick's Hotel & Saloon [Extreme/Non-Con/Supernatural]

Started by Mr Self Destruct, October 18, 2023, 01:52:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Self Destruct

It's official, folks! We've begun! The story thread is here. All approved characters are welcome to post their introductions and get this story started!

Kendra

And fabulous that my character has been approved!
:D

Face Claim:  Keira Knightley

Name:  Nell - Ellen O'Dea
Sexuality: Does not have the luxury - she is all things to anyone willing to pay the right price
Role: Harlot, whore, soiled dove
Possessions:
  • gold plated locket - a cheap trinket gifted by a regular
  • the dress on her back and one other.
  • the meagre savings she has made on her back
  • sometimes the clap, sometimes an unwanted pregnancy - thankfully these are treatable
  • small hand pistol that fits snugly into her garter.
Background & History:

Nell was born to Frannie O'Dea, a Wyoming saloon dancer with dreams of the father making an honest woman of her. He didn't, and when the abortion didn't go as planned, Frannie found herself shackled with a daughter and out of a job. She began to turn tricks at a large settlement camp belonging to the railroad. No one cared that a baby was nearby when they did their deed. By the time Nell was five years old, Frannie had died of gonorrhoea and one of the soiled doves belonging to the settlement took the child in.

Nell was a bonnie thing, blonde/brown hair, brown eyes and the sweetest smile. She learned how to pick a pocket, climb a tree, whittle with a knife, play the banjo, sew a button, light a fire and cook over the naked flame - all before she was even seven. But the railroad settlement continued to move and eventually Nell got tired of moving with it. She wanted to stay some place, find roots for herself, find a home even though she had no idea what that was exactly.

It was a hard life, but eventually Nell did find her way to a town as the railroad settlement passed through. She stayed behind and looked for work everywhere, doing anything. But a dirty kid with a foul mouth and cheeky smile was not likely to get good employment by anyone of note in the town and so Nell found herself at the town's hotel. She watched the girls on the balcony calling to any one that passed by. One such woman caught her eye and beckoned to her. Agnes Hill took Nell in and she became an errand runner for the 'ladies' helping with any thing they could possibly need for their toilettes or dresses.  She didn't get paid but she got a roof over her head and food in her belly.

At twelve she knew that men were looking at her the way that they looked at the painted ladies, and it was getting sure hard to stay out of their way. By fourteen she was considered a woman, had bled, had been broken, had an eye blackened. The friend she thought she had in Agnes had only been a ruse, the woman didn't have friends and Nell learned the hard way that a soiled dove had no one but herself to rely on. When the stage coach came through, Nell paid for a seat beside the driver the only way she knew how and got herself out of that town.

It didn't matter though, no matter where she went it seemed the only place open to her was what between her legs got her. She was a tough little thing, she had to be and by the time she was seventeen she was handy with a gun as well as handy with a switch blade. She had regulars who taught her how to protect herself, especially when they weren't about. She had regulars who thought they were in love with her, and others who just wanted her to shut up and take what they gave. She learned to play them all, do them all and save a few coins in the mean time. By twenty one she found herself moving on again and continued to do so until now ... the age of twenty three with her only dream being a fresh bath and an ice pack between her legs, a strong whiskey and five minutes of peace - Nell finds herself at Maverick's Hotel - answering an advertisement looking for women. Were her fortunes about to change? She didn't think so, she was born into this life and she knew deep down that she would die this way too.

Hellion

Kendra

Thanks Hellion, hopefully she'll earn Maverick's a bit of money :D

Nowherewoman

In case there's room for one more, just sent in a character draft.
My eyes are a window to the storm that's getting close.

more me here now!  (O/Os, ideas and junk): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=215830.0

and mea culpas  (A/As): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=221151.0

Rustic

And character approved!

Face Claim: Scott Eastwood
Name: Ryder Hudson
Sexuality: Heterosexual
Role: Deputy
Possessions:
  • Clarence - an all-white horse with some specks of black - nearby usually
  • White hat that's turned grey from use - on him
  • 1860 Colt Army Revolver - on him
  • Winchester Model 1866 Rifle - at home
  • Father's pocket watch - on him
  • Father's hunting knife - on him

Background & History:
Ryder Hudson grew up in a fairly good home. His father was a retired sheriff, now running a farm that Ryder and his older sister Sandra helped run. So he's no stranger to hard work. His father was always working, even until late at night, and the only real way to spend quality time with the man was to work with him. So naturally Ryder grew closer to his mother, and his older sister who helped in taking care of Ryder, since there was a ten-year age difference.

It was one fateful night when they were all settling in to eat when fifteen-year-old Ryder heard yelling from the barn. He rushed out with his father's pistol fearing the worst, and good thing because out from the barn emerged a big burly man with blood all over him. Ryder fired, killing the man with a lucky shot to the temple when the other five shots missed entirely. They found his father, sliced open in the barn. They later found out from the Sheriff that this was a man that his father put away and had just escaped from prison, looking for revenge.

It was that day Ryder knew what he wanted to do, to take up his father's old legacy and become a Sheriff. As early as he could, he joined up with local law enforcement. His mother ended up setting him up with a respectable woman, Portia. He didn't feel strongly about her, but he wanted to make his mother happy, so they got engaged. He was loyal to her and planned the rest of his life with her. A simple life. He also kept himself clean, not just physically but morally. He wanted to do good by being good.

When he turned 23, and they were about to marry, unfortunately, Portia came down with tuberculosis and passed away. He had grown to care for her, so this devastated him at the time. But now at 25, he got over this chapter in his life and is now focusing on his career.

Hellion

Quote from: Rustic on November 06, 2023, 12:45:37 PMAnd character approved!

Yusss, Riley's brother from another mother! They even share the same first letter XD

But srsly, awesome character. I'm sure him and Riley will be working together at some point.

Nowherewoman

And approved:

Face Claim: Quannah Chasinghorse
Name: Sarai Three Thunders
Sexuality: heteroflexible
Role: wanderer; herb-woman; gun or guide for hire
Possessions:
Everything she owns fits on her person or the back of her horse:
Clothes pack
Bedroll and canvas lean-to canopy
beaded pouch containing herbs and firestarting kit, plus whatever money she might have on hand
sewing/beading kit
Remington .44 revolver and ammo; plain leather holster
Smith .50 breech-loading carbine; saddle scabbard
8" Bowie knife with cross-notched grip; beaded sheath
Miscellaneous tribal jewelry

Background & History:
Sarai was got on a Choctaw woman, the 'country wife' of a railroad engineer surveying up and down the Red River. Her birth came through blood and rain, during one of the worst storms on record, one that left drowned cows washed miles from their starting points.  Two years later, her mother died the same way, trying to give birth to her little brother in another lightning-laced downpour.

Her father, a decent enough man, tried to do right by her, but the black luck kept rolling. His surveying partner died of snakebite, the engineering firm he represented went bust, and he took to drink, finally dying by bizarre accident when a mule started from the crash of heat lightning and kicked his head in. Then twelve, Sarai was taken in by a missionary couple, who believed regular prayer, enforced fasting, and liberal application of a switch were the way to get the Devil out of a half-Red girl, all the while using up the small amount of money her father had left her, spending it on her 'care'.

She didn't stay long. Though the rumors that she burned the missionaries' house down with them in it is the harshest of falsehood.

At some point between then and now she met up with her mother's people, or some distant relatives, and learned some, at least, of the ways of the Plains, and was given the name 'Three Thunders', drawn from her life story. Now a woman grown, she moves uneasily between the worlds both White and Red. Earning a thin living as a trail guide, herbalist, and occasional mail rider, she has a reputation as a plain talker, a shrewd bargainer- and a harbinger of bad luck to come.

more me here now!  (O/Os, ideas and junk): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=215830.0

Mr Self Destruct

So many interesting characters! We could use a few more players, of both genders, if others are interested!

Greenthorn

I'll get my post out tonight or tomorrow... playing catch-up everywhere!

Rustic

Seems we have 6 character sheets, that should get us a big board, right?

Hellion

Yeah, you all took off quickly but I'll have a Riley post up by tomorrow

Janeilbennett

Got approved, enjoy!

-

Name: Kathy O’Reilly
Sexuality: Heterosexual
Role: Whore/Bar Waitress

Possessions: 6 changes of clothes (1x saloon wear proper, 1x formal evening wear, 2x day dress wear, 2x bar waitress wear, appropriate undergarments for all), some books, hygiene, mementos stored separately in one travel trunk of a medium size.

On person she keeps some matches, a .41 Cloverleaf and a pocketknife in her apron pocket.

Background & History: Kathy is a curvy redhead just under 30, who's more experienced in dancing and serving up drinks than craftily seducing people in the backroom. She's opinionated, lust-driven and clever. Aside from some social charms, Kathy can throw a good kick or punch if needed, and mesmerize an onlooker with a whisking of skirts. She specifically plays off of being an unchaste version of those who walk in town, playing off of men's loneliness as a lewd, down to earth sidekick.

The daughter of Irish immigrants, her family settled in Carthage, Missouri before the Civil War. She grew up in a simple but providing family on the outskirts of town. While growing up the town was abrasive, and didn’t take kindly to her fiery nature. None offered her a hand and was deemed a troublemaker or a loose woman. Kathy was lusty, opinionated and not afraid to step out of atypical sensibilities for a becoming woman. The red hair didn’t help, marking old superstitions of witches and scoundrels with such a mane.

Things took a dip when her parents abandoned Carthage just before the start of the War. Kathy made her own way further west to get her own space, finding out quite quickly how to fit into the pecking order of things. She found work and travel for a year with a performing circus, picking up some skills along the way; namely to ward of unwanted attention.

It was here that Kathy learned some of the arts of seduction, and discovered the dance known as the cancan. It wasn’t long before she was joining the circus’ showgirls in their routines, and she had started to call this place home. Her desires started to drive her to whore on the side, making an interesting observation that certain men preferred the unobtainable. It started to morph into becoming her own; look common and everyday, be sultry beneath. It was more daring to wear a day work dress with the bodice open to show the corset, rather than strut around in showgirl wear. It did the trick.

This suddenly changed just as she turned 28. The showmaster suddenly died of bad hand of poker one night, leading the head mistress in charge of the troupe. This did not sit well with Kathy, who got ousted when challenging her authority. Left to wander the road once more, she drifted from town to town perfecting her skills.

Kathy has only recently drifted into Devil’s Creek. The only saloon in town wanted a barroom girl, and here was to hoping the mistress wasn't a strict punisher as in some other establisments she's frequented. If she keeps her act on and gets by, maybe it can be a place where she can bury her head for now.

Ons and Offs
Janeilbennett is about, can be reached and only in the house when called.
Open to New RP's; please see On/Offs.
"What's with that lame outfit?"
"Hmph. I can say the same about yours."
"Marketing, marketing. Unlike you, my chest gives hopes and dreams to people."
-Macross Frontier

Kendra

Quote from: Rustic on November 06, 2023, 03:32:25 PMSeems we have 6 character sheets, that should get us a big board, right?

It does indeed.

@Mr. Self Destruct - agree - many varied and interesting characters for sure.

Hellion

Riley post up. It's lengthy, but this won't be a typical post size for those of you who don't have time to read XD

Hellion

@Rustic, is Ryder the defacto deputy in Devil's Creek?

If so, he'd probably already know of Riley, since he'd been in town back and forth for about a week, and no doubt would have spoken to Ryder at some point during his investigation.

Or, do you want to assume they hadn't met yet? Either way would work :)

Rustic

Quote from: Hellion on November 07, 2023, 02:49:16 PM@Rustic, is Ryder the defacto deputy in Devil's Creek?

If so, he'd probably already know of Riley, since he'd been in town back and forth for about a week, and no doubt would have spoken to Ryder at some point during his investigation.

Or, do you want to assume they hadn't met yet? Either way would work :)
Oh didn't catch onto that. He's a deputy under the sheriff, whoever that is.

I'll fix my post then.

Edit: fixed

Captain America

Quote from: Mr Self Destruct on October 19, 2023, 03:40:48 AMMiroque, I would recommend viewing/reading the media that I mentioned in my first post under inspirations & Homage. They'll give you a good idea. Though there's always the option to play a character who isn't American. Many ethnicity groups were drawn to the area by mining, railroad construction, and the reconstruction efforts after the Civil War. It might make it easier for you to dip your toes into it by playing someone completely unfamiliar with the place. Just a suggestion!
SWIDGIN!

Got your "Dan". :D
Skype Captain America (captainamerica_@Hotmail.com)

Feel free to pester me.

Hellion

Quote from: Rustic on November 07, 2023, 03:50:10 PMOh didn't catch onto that. He's a deputy under the sheriff, whoever that is.

I'll fix my post then.

Edit: fixed

haha, no worries. Yeah, Riley is a Pinkerton Agent, and he has been currently tracking a fugitive, which lead him to Devil's Creek. I've had him in DC for about a week no, traveling to the various neighboring towns asking questions, etc.

Maybe he and Ryder had already spoken, shared what he had on the fugitive, so if anything new comes up he'll let him know.

Mr Self Destruct

Quote from: Captain America on November 07, 2023, 04:03:55 PMSWIDGIN!

Got your "Dan". :D
Cocksuckah! Been waiting for you, Cap. Good to see you, sir!

Edit: So as to the Big Group Game question, the part of the board for that section says that it's for games over a thousand posts, and we've only just begun. I'm not terribly worried about it. If it gets big enough, I'll ask a member of staff about transitioning over to the correct section, but otherwise, we'll just continue where we're at. 

Captain America

Been busy dealing with these Pinkerton pricks and the cocksuckers from Yankton. :D
Skype Captain America (captainamerica_@Hotmail.com)

Feel free to pester me.

Mr Self Destruct

Ha! I love it. I can't wait to see what kinda chaos you're going to bring lol

Rustic

Quote from: Mr Self Destruct on November 07, 2023, 04:25:38 PMCocksuckah! Been waiting for you, Cap. Good to see you, sir!

Edit: So as to the Big Group Game question, the part of the board for that section says that it's for games over a thousand posts, and we've only just begun. I'm not terribly worried about it. If it gets big enough, I'll ask a member of staff about transitioning over to the correct section, but otherwise, we'll just continue where we're at.

That's the old rules. Now it's 6 characters. You can find the explanation on this forum, in the sticky.

Kendra

Quote from: Rustic on November 07, 2023, 04:33:46 PMThat's the old rules. Now it's 6 characters. You can find the explanation on this forum, in the sticky.
Elliquiy Group Games Overhaul

yup yup - fab new rules :D

Nell's post is up - just a side note - she has brown hair ... light brown hair - not sure where all the red-haired comments are coming from :D

I am not sure I will be able to get on tomorrow - and will be away in Scotland until late Sunday night, so Greenthorn just have Charlie give Nell instructions to follow so that your character is not held up.

Nowherewoman