(Interest Check)Dangerous, Wicked Games: Las Vegas, Nevada|Mercyverse|

Started by Diablerie, April 07, 2013, 05:52:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caela

Got a rough working outline sketched out in the spoiler up there, let me know what you think Hekate.

She'd likely be one who could be swayed into rebellion, though it would take some work. Mostly she wants to be left to her own devices and not caught up in some war not of her own choosing.

Diablerie

Quote from: Caela on April 07, 2013, 10:29:53 PM
Hekate, do you have an age or power level cap on the supernatural characters? Working on a fae woman, but not sure what limits you might have in mind and don't want to make someone that we can't use. :)

Shannon Jamerson

Appearance:

Name: Shannon Jamerson
True Name: Sinann

Apparent Age: Usually appears as a young blonde of no older than 25

Race: Fae

Powers: Shannon was once revered as a Goddess of the River Shannon. As such she has all the powers associated with her connection to fresh waters. She can summon any creature who abides in fresh water, can manipulate water in many fashions (freezing, heating, slowing/increasing currents etc.) and can even become a part of a body of water if it's large enough to hold her mass and can actually clean a body of water of pollutants if it isn't too large.

Weaknesses: Iron, sea creatures are beyond her control but she can understand them, salt water is harder for her to manipulate than fresh water, all of her Powers are diminished as Humans have, mostly, forgotten who she once was.

Career: Works the night shift maintaining the tanks at the Shark Reef Aquarium in the Mandalay Bay hotel (despite the attractions being marine creatures she still finds the connection to so much water soothing in a place as dry as Vegas).

Personality: Shannon is a kind intelligent, seemingly, young woman. She is diligent in her current choice of career, never once calling in sick or missing a night of work. Most that know her have only good things to say, though the will mention that when she loses her temper, it truly goes and that getting on her bad side is not a good idea. Like any older Fae, she lives by rules most Humans would never fully understand, and being as old as she is, she has developed patience and an eye for the long game beyond Human comprehension. She doesn't think this makes her better than Humans, merely that it makes her perspective entirely different than theirs.

Background History: Most of the Humans she works with believe she was raised somewhere in the Midwest and came to Vegas strictly to work in the Shark Reef, drawn my a love of, and interest in, Marine creatures.

The truth is much longer than that.

A Granddaughter of Lir, human myth says that she sought knowledge from a sacred well without observing the proper rituals, or after being told no, and that the well rebelled and sent it's waters rushing forth to drown her, thus creating the River Shannon and making her the Patron Goddess of that River at the same time. The truth is far enough back in the past that not even she truly knows it anymore but if asked, she would say that it was far more likely she started out as a River Fae and that Human belief and worship, elevated her to something more.

Even her age is an estimate. She counts it from the time she started paying attention to the passing of time, not from an actual date of birth.

Originally she was bound to her River, unable to travel far from it, or the Humans who worshiped her there but as time, and Human memory, waned she found she was able to move further and further from her place of origin and as her worship faded entirely, she became free to roam the world. Her freedom came with a price however as the reach of her Power waned as well. All still there, their scope and reach diminished; she considered it a small price to pay.

For centuries she roamed the Earth, searching, learning, watching kingdoms and empires rise and fall. Initially it was easy enough, simply take a horse and go. A new place, a new name, new customs and languages to learn and plenty of time to learn them. Over the last century however, it had started to become more difficult. Humans gave over the use of natural materials and their computers started cataloging people. It was beginning to make simply disappearing and taking to a new land harder...until the Grey Lords outed them all. Oh granted, only the pretty, those who wouldn't frighten the Humans too badly, like herself, but it certainly made moving about easier again. And being able to admit she was Fae had certainly opened up some prospects.

She'd barely had to interview to get the job at the Shark Reef when she'd admitted she was a Fae with an affinity for water. Hell they'd practically fallen over themselves trying to give her, what they considered, a better but she enjoyed working nights, being able to commune with the creatures she worked with, and not having to show off for the Humans.

Of course now they were at War, or at least not on good terms, with the Humans of America and most were contained to their reservations. She had a pass to continue working at her job but only because her nature meant that, if she were forced to remain in the desert, it was likely she would fade. Or so she let everyone believe. Even a small amount of water would sustain her, and human technology (plumbing in particular in her case) certainly allowed for a free enough flow of water that fading wouldn't actually be a problem. She'd become used to her freedom over the centuries however and wasn't willing to give it up simply because some Lord was fool enough not to protect his family properly.

Off to bed, will fill this in, in the morning. Have a lovely night all!

Wow, that is truly magnificent Caela! I approve her!

Callie Del Noire

Kuje

Well, if someone wants to bring back a old character.... I think Hekate wouldn't deny the character as long as some changes are made to fit it into the plot she's working out...  :)

Diablerie

Kuje

Name: Shawnee Dakota Fisher

Race: Walker - Chinook

Powers (If any): Aura reading. Ghost sensing and talking. Rarely visions/psychometry. When she managed to read auras, wolves tend to be the color of their species, a lot of browns, greys, reds, whites, or blacks. The nature fae are so many shades of greens and browns but other shades, depending on if they were nature fae or other species of fae. Of course, she couldn't aura read any fae that has protections that block/mask their aura. Witches had auras that closely matched humans but they also had protections that could mask their auras, if they knew how to. White witches tended to have a silver color to her and black witches have a dark color. Walkers, like her, had auras in the shape of the animal the shifted into. Vampires scare her the most, they're dark blood red.

Career: A Waitress back in Portland, Oregon and she was learning how to keep some of the books of finances. In Vegas, she's unemployed and or looking for work. Although, she's been thinking about trying to talk to new age/pagan shop owners to see if they would be willing to give her a chance at being a medium so she could help clients answer their questions by her new power to see and talk with ghosts.

Personality: A little flighty at times. More wise than intelligent, but not to say she's dumb or stupid. Values hearth and home. Cares deeply for her family, and others. Dislikes those that really try to boss her around, within limits. If she feels like someone is doing it to rile her, she'll mouth off to them unless she knows that it wouldn't be wise to do so. When she's really stressed, she turns to drinking beer instead of water.

Appearance : Blue eyed. Blonde. 5Feet 5inches. (See pic) It's still a mystery why she's blonde and blue eyed when the rest of her family are dark skinned, black or browned haired, and brown eyed.

Background History: She was home tutored on the reservation, so she's never been to any of the public schools or gone to college. Growing up on the Chinook reservation in Northwest Oregon, she spent most of her time outdoors, fishing along the coast or helping the tribe when they wanted to get her out from underfoot.

It wasn't until she was a teenager that she learned that she could shift into a owl. While out fishing, when she wasn't supposed to be, a storm came through and as she panicked, she shifted to get away from the sinking boat. Now, she tends to keep her ability a secret. Only her mother, father, and grandmother know that she has been touched by Owl. Her mother and grandmother trained her to be able to sense what others can't see because owls are said to be able to sense what others cannot. Her oracle power has changed and rarely does she receive visions like she used to but now, due to her family teaching her new ways to harness that oracle power, she can sense and talk to spirits/ghosts.

She hasn't done so yet since she's only been in town for a little while but one of her interests is visiting the Las Vegas Indian Colony. She's mostly interested in seeing what a desert tribe is like instead of her tribe since the Chinook way of life is based around the ocean and bounty that comes from the ocean.

Shawnee's Pic:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Shawnee as Owl:

Caela

I'm glad y'all like her. Now I need to go hunting up a decent picture for her Fae form. :)

Photo

I am extremely interested. A three character option is hard to resist! I'm catching up on the reading in the original post to build my characters. Note: I haven't read the mercyverse but I will research that as well to help the plot rather than create an odd cancer within it.
Apologies and Absences

MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA

Caela

Quote from: Photo on April 08, 2013, 04:08:01 PM
I am extremely interested. A three character option is hard to resist! I'm catching up on the reading in the original post to build my characters. Note: I haven't read the mercyverse but I will research that as well to help the plot rather than create an odd cancer within it.

We wouldn't let you create a cancer in the story! That's no fun for anybody. A number of us have read at least a few of the books, some have read them all (finally got the most recent one from the library!!! woohoo! lol) so don't hesitate to ask if you have questions. :D

Photo

that was mostly a joke. :)

I'll think I'll have two walkers and a witch, if that's ok with everyone?
Apologies and Absences

MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA

Caela

Quote from: Photo on April 08, 2013, 04:47:43 PM

It's Hekate's permission you actually need but that sounds fine by me.

I made a Fae already, am thinking I am going to make a new Omega Wolf. A new character for a new game and entirely different than the old one. :D Hehehehe I think I will give this one a bit of a sharper edge (though not too much since being an Omega in the first place is partly personality) and fewer ties to the Fae.

~bounces off to type~

Will probably make my third a Vamp since we don't have any yet.

Caela

Stephanie Chamberlain

Appearance:

Name: Stephanie "Stephy" Ann Chamberlain

Race: Werewolf; Omega

Powers/Position: As an Omega Stephy has the ability to soothe and calm any Wolf not actively engaged in a fight for Dominance. She is the natural arbiter of the Pack and (like all Omega's) helps maintain order when the Dominant's in the Pack are letting their tempers run high. Standing outside the Pack Hierarchy, her involvement is never a threat to ranking which is often a help in itself. When that alone isn't enough she can use her ability to spread calm through a room of Wolves with this closest being the most effected. Even those Wolves who are old and whose Wolves are about to take over, can be calmed by the presence of an Omega, though it would take her constant presence to keep them from going insane.

Career: Child Psychologist

Personality: Stephanie has always been a natural arbiter. Even as a child she was the one other kids (even many older than herself) ran to for solutions to problems they wouldn't take to adults. As she grew, the ability to solve or help people work through problems grew and she was naturally drawn to the growing field of psychology. Kind and with an optimistic view of life she is drawn to children and enjoys her current work with them.

Kind as she is, like any Wolf, she can have a temper but it tends to flare and die almost as quickly. She isn't the sort to seek vengeance for a harm done to her but will, instead, simply cut the person causing her pain from her life. Most people that know her like her and find disappointing her far more worrisome than angering her.

Background History: Stephanie actually was born in 1929 and raised in New York City, though few people would ever think of her as a "city girl". Her parents weren't wealthy but they weren't poor either. Solidly middle class they did the best they could for their daughter in the the hope that she would, "Marry Up". Always strong willed, Stephanie nearly spoiled that plan by making it clear that her goals were further reaching that simply getting married and popping out grandchildren.

She demanded, and worked hard for, an education at a time when most women didn't aspire so high. She wanted a doctorate in Psychology but that was beyond her initially and she settled for becoming a teacher and marrying a Psychologist; which satisfied her mother's desire for her to marry well. She actually did love her husband and actually gave him two children (twin girls) before the fateful night that changed her life forever.

Out camping with her small family (both she and her husband loved the outdoors) they had no idea that their campsite was near land frequently used by a Wolf Pack to run on the full moon. The Pack had no idea that anyone was camping that night and were chasing down a Wolf who had gone mad, planning to corner him in a ravine less than half a mile from where they were. The crazed Wolf caught there scent and veered toward them, rampaging through their campsite before the rest of the Pack caught up to him, killing Stephanie's husband and two children and mauling her before he was pulled away and slaughtered in turn by a Pack simply, "Taking care of business".

Someone in the Pack, to this day Stephanie can't remember who, recognized the potential for what she could become, if she lived without going mad, and demanded that they take Stephanie back to their encampment to be cared for. Grieving, trying to heal from such traumatic injuries, and trying to reconcile everything people were trying to tell her, as well as the massive pain when the Changes started and she couldn't control them at first, nearly did her in. More than once she heard whispers that she, in turn, might need to be put down, Omega or not.

Because of the trauma surrounding her initial attack and Change, the Alpha of the Pack that had found her actually petitioned to have her moved to the care of another Pack in the hope that not being around the Pack responsible for the death of her family might give her the breathing room she needed to grieve and learn control. No one liked the idea of putting down a potential Omega. She was taken in only when he promised that if she couldn't learn the control she needed, that he would come and handle putting her down himself.

To that end she was actually sent to a Pack in Northern Washington. They had purchased massive tracts of land for the Pack to use and she found the wild country, and the total lack of anything familiar, soothing in a way few other things could be. Slowly she came out of her shell and started paying attention to what the new Pack, people she didn't see as responsible for her loss in any way, were trying to teach her. Because of her grief it took longer than they normally would have given a new wolf time for, but (also because of her grief) they simply kept her isolated and as she started making progress they began to relax and eventually sent word back that she would Heal, given time.

She stayed in Washington until the Marrok put out the word that an Omega would be useful for the Pack he was sending back to Las Vegas. Having fel the urge for something new for some time, she spoke with her Alpha (out of courtesy and respect for the man who had given her the time she needed to heal and become whole again) before petitioning the Marrok to allow her to go to Vegas. New wolves in a new place would need an Omega to keep things calm and make the transition smoother and she looked forward to the challenge.

Kassandra Smythe

Appearance:

Name: Kassandra Merillene Smythe

Race: Vampire

Powers: Like any Vampire she can cloud the mind of her Prey, implant false memories and send them on their way none the wiser; heal swiftly, and has increased strength and speed. Strong enough to live on her own, she keeps only a few pets in her home, preferring to feed on the transient masses that come through Vegas. She can also make herself unnoticeable; not invisible, just a trick that turns the eyes, making you not realize she is standing there which comes in handy when stalking her prey. As a human she had the Sight, as a Vampire it still comes on her at times, though with much less regularity, and usually only for something that will effect her life in some fashion.

Career: None, Independently wealthy

Personality: Kassandra is quiet and thoughtful, watchful and wary. She's intelligent and keeps her own counsel unless asked a specific question, and while she won't lie, she has an, almost Fae-like, ability to twist the truth so that what she says, and what you hear, may not be the same thing. She can be kind, but she chooses when to be so and when to be cold, and when to show outright cruelty.

She appears to have almost no temper, but people that cross her have a tendency to have bad things happen to them.

Background History: Born in 1621, Kassandra was the daughter of a Blacksmith whose mother died having her. Having no other children her father had no idea how to raise a girl, and so he raised her more like he would a son, teaching her the more delicate skills of his trade. While he forged swords, axes, and horseshoes, she learned to make daggers and jewelry for their village. As her skill in such small matter grew, so did her reputation and though it seemed to ruin her for marriage, a skilled silver/goldsmith came to see her work and took her as an apprentice despite her sex.

Learning her craft well, she became a skilled artisan and while she didn't earn world renown, she did draw the attention of a Vampire with an eye for both pretty things, and pretty women...and she could provide both. He was careful in his feed on her, making sure he didn't use her too often, in order to not only preserve her usefulness but so that she could continue to learn more of her trade, learn to make greater and more intricate baubles for him to enjoy. Eventually, of course, the inevitable happened and in a fugue he drank to deeply. He'd drunk often enough that her Rising was inevitable, but it ended her learning because it meant they had to move from the Master she was learning from. She was too well known in the town.

She spent decades with her first Master, serving his menagerie until she grew strong enough to strike out on her own, to take, and support, her own pets. Preferring to not have the sort of followers that many had, however, she moved from one large city to another, often feasting on those that none would miss. There were always poor, homeless, transient, people; people whose death on a cold night would go un-remarked entirely and certainly whose death wouldn't be laid at the feet of a talented artisan like herself.

In fact, she liked being able to move as swiftly and with as little notice so well, that she took great care never to have more than two "children" with her at any one time. Keeping her household limited, and improving her skills over time, allowed her to amass a small fortune, under a variety of names, that would, if counted in total, make the richest of men jealous if they were aware of it. Knowing the transient nature, and value, of "money", especially as the electronic age has made actual hard currency less and less common, much of her wealth is in actual hard coin, though she also owns large tracts of land, some with mineral rights that a number of modern corporations have been paying to lease from her "family" for generations.

Now she's come to Vegas, a large city with a hugely transient population. Her last "child" has struck out on his own and she is free to set herself up and find a new human worthy of being made Vampire...after serving her for a time of course. As always, she will have paid respect, and due homage, to the local Seethe and sought permission to remain in their city, and hunt their grounds, for a time...perhaps a decade or so, before she will move on. She pledges no undying loyalty to anyone, but always shows the proper respect for the powers in any territory she "visits".

Callie Del Noire

Caela

Something will come to you Callie, it's not like you have to make them all right now! I just have ideas running through my head is all! :D

Photo

Edited, ready for approval, I think

Name: Talulah Powma "Rain" - "Heavy Rain" - "Leaping water"

Race: Walker

Powers: Can effectively transform into a Raven at will. Rain is also sensitive to magics, and it's not difficult for her to identify vampires, fae, werewolfs, and/or witches. Further, Rain can feel death. When something dies, she senses it, no matter the distance. However, the closer she happens to be to the incident, the more intense the experience. She feels it like a sound, and a light, it's not particularly scary, or intimidating. It all depends on how much or how little Rain cares about the being that is losing it's life.

Career: Rain grew up on the reservation in Lyon county. She was fourteen when life begin to take every twist and turn for the odd. For now, We'll say that Rain is one of the best bartenders in Vegas. Customers don't particularly like her, it's her employers that benefit from her. She pours drinks properly without under or over serving. She holds her own in arguments with belligerent men. She's gorgeous, and she shares tips with the tills. She's worked all over town, but prefers to work in Casinos, the reasons are succinct as follows: People lose their entire bank accounts there, it's funny to her - Rain is a predator, and the Casino's are full of prey (metaphorically) - the men tip higher - the women don't talk to her as much as bars and clubs - drinks are more expensive, therefor, it's a better environment to work in. - Prostitutes go from one way to another, she lives vicariously through them, watching them, and hiring them on occasion. - she can smoke inside. - they wages are good. - The list goes on.

Personality: Rain is dark, demented, unfocused, and full of character flaws. She does get sick enjoyment out of other's suffering. Within this, is the idea that one must suffer in order to grow, and Rain knows this at the center of her being. The humor comes from the fact that people usually handle these situations poorly. This is more prominent in her exchange with strangers. She does exude this energy with her friends as well, typically helping through the scenarios, rather than just blowing a chuckled breathe of smoke in their face. Rain prefers a large circle of friends, for she is an intensly social woman. She has learned to appreciate company of honest folks, and she does treat her friends with utmost respect most of the time.

She's a sexual creature, and a lot of her thought-patterns revolve around getting laid. She is incredibly persuasive, and creative with her language. It almost seems like she can talk ideas into people's heads, forcing them to bide by her will. Of course, she has no real power in this sense, unless one considers her sexuality and her charisma as power. She prefers to dance alone, or with multiple partners, this is the exact opposite in the bedroom. Rain is not an artist, by any stretch of the word, she is an oppurtunist, a trickster, and devious.  Drunk, she gets angry fast, and only the prospect of middle-eastern food or sex distract her enough to drop the grudge and move on with life. See, Rain is greedy, she has never turned down food, or left her plate empty. She likes to smoke, and eat, and fuck. Money is no object to her, objects are objects to her.

She gets along better with men than she does women. She has a distanced connection with her tribe. She feels like her people have lost their ways, through no fault of their own. She feels lucky to be alive, and lucky to be as gifted as she is. But, the Paiute way is more alive in her than the collective culture that she came from. This belief is firmly held in her mind. If Rain can get away with it, she lets people believe that she's white. If the conversation arises though, she holds no shame of her own past or her ancestor's.

Appearance : Only 5'4 inches tall, obviously thin, about 121 lbs. Rain's appearance is about as accurate as the pictures in the spoiler. Rain is petite, her breasts and her hips hardly hold the shape of a woman's body. Her greatest feature is her tuned abdomen/chalice. Her olive skin tans into a light brown every spring, and it doesn't fade until the beginning of winter. The only suggested difference between Rain's actual appearance, and these two girls in the photos is that Rain's eyes are a dark dark brown. And, she would likely appear to be more native than either of these two, but she has caucassion in her blood, so not too much.
photos- be careful at work

Background History: Rain lived a sad life as a native child. She had two older brother's that each seemed to abandon the tribe when they were little. They spent their time with white kids from off of the reservation. She had chosen to associate with her people, though. It was a difficult, uneasy existence for such a young person. She was well aware of her abilities, and she had felt cursed for most of that time. Her mother was Spanish, and German. So, she was horrified to discover that her daughter turned into a crow. Her father insisted that Leaping Water was a Raven, one of the most important, and enigmatic creature in the world. He told his wife of Raven myths from other tribes in the area, for the Paiute did not have a popular myth for the Raven. She was swayed, and she stayed with her family, as dysfunctional as their future seemed to be.

Rain was told to keep her abilities hidden, however, her father was unaware of how deep her power went. Her sense of death started to scare people. She would always stumble upon creatures, or sometimes people recently deceased. Some begin to suspect her a demon of some kind. Others were more convinced that she was sent to Earth to deal with the grief of others. She didn't like either of these ideas. She started to rebel against everyone. And what she did from the ages of fourteen to sixteen will never be forgiven. Her parents begin to despise her, and Rain ostracized herself by choice before she leanred complex algebra in school.

Rain used her teenagers years like an endless well of entertainment. She moved out of the reservation, and started to make her way in the world with dirty jobs, especially for a girl her age. There were two years spent in the shadows of the evil under carriage of Vegas. She took for the desert city immediately. She worked hard, no matter what that work was. And no man could deny her sexuality. It oozed from her, so she took room and board for exchanges of sex. Officially, She was a prostitute, and a stripper the moment she turned eighteen, and she turned to hard drugs as an escape from this life-style. Her favorite substance was weed, but she also used coke, and black-tar smokable opium. Liquor made a steady appearance once or twice a day. She never spent her money on anything productive, and she eventually turned to theft in order to make ends meet. This landed her in a correctional facility for non-violent women of the tribe causing trouble in society. She's never had an official arrest or felony on her record, likely due to the fact that her tribe is protecting her.

At the age of twenty four, she entered back into the world as a functional bartender. Every now and again she has the urge to start turning tricks again. That is, the old tricks, the drugs, and the sex. Her everyday existence is a mild version of that whore that she used to be.
Apologies and Absences

MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA

Diablerie

Quote from: Kuje on April 08, 2013, 02:12:11 PM
Name: Shawnee Dakota Fisher

Race: Walker - Chinook

Powers (If any): Aura reading. Ghost sensing and talking. Rarely visions/psychometry. When she managed to read auras, wolves tend to be the color of their species, a lot of browns, greys, reds, whites, or blacks. The nature fae are so many shades of greens and browns but other shades, depending on if they were nature fae or other species of fae. Of course, she couldn't aura read any fae that has protections that block/mask their aura. Witches had auras that closely matched humans but they also had protections that could mask their auras, if they knew how to. White witches tended to have a silver color to her and black witches have a dark color. Walkers, like her, had auras in the shape of the animal the shifted into. Vampires scare her the most, they're dark blood red.

Career: A Waitress back in Oregon and she was learning how to keep some of the books of finances. In Vegas, she's unemployed and or looking for work. Although, she's been thinking about trying to talk to new age/pagan shop owners to see if they would be willing to give her a chance at being a medium so she could help clients answer their questions by her new power to see and talk with ghosts.

Personality: A little flighty at times. More wise than intelligent, but not to say she's dumb or stupid. Values hearth and home. Cares deeply for her family, and others. Dislikes those that really try to boss her around, within limits. If she feels like someone is doing it to rile her, she'll mouth off to them unless she knows that it wouldn't be wise to do so. When she's really stressed, she turns to drinking beer instead of water.

Appearance : Blue eyed. Blonde. 5Feet 5inches. (See pic) It's still a mystery why she's blonde and blue eyed when the rest of her family are dark skinned, black or browned haired, and brown eyed.

Background History: She was home tutored on the reservation, so she's never been to any of the public schools or gone to college. Growing up on the Chinook reservation in Northwest Oregon, she spent most of her time outdoors, fishing along the coast or helping the tribe when they wanted to get her out from underfoot.

It wasn't until she was a teenager that she learned that she could shift into a owl. While out fishing, when she wasn't supposed to be, a storm came through and as she panicked, she shifted to get away from the sinking boat. Now, she tends to keep her ability a secret. Only her mother, father, and grandmother know that she has been touched by Owl. Her mother and grandmother trained her to be able to sense what others can't see because owls are said to be able to sense what others cannot. Her oracle power has changed and rarely does she receive visions like she used to but now, due to her family teaching her new ways to harness that oracle power, she can sense and talk to spirits/ghosts.

She hasn't done so yet since she's only been in town for a little while but one of her interests is visiting the Las Vegas Indian Colony. She's mostly interested in seeing what a desert tribe is like instead of her tribe since the Chinook way of life is based around the ocean and bounty that comes from the ocean.

Shawnee's Pic:

Shawnee as Owl:

*Gives the stamp of approval*

Welcome aboard Kuje!

Diablerie

Quote from: Caela on April 08, 2013, 05:20:41 PM
Stephanie Chamberlain

Appearance:

Name: Stephanie "Stephy" Ann Chamberlain

Race: Werewolf; Omega

Powers/Position: As an Omega Stephy has the ability to soothe and calm any Wolf not actively engaged in a fight for Dominance. She is the natural arbiter of the Pack and (like all Omega's) helps maintain order when the Dominant's in the Pack are letting their tempers run high. Standing outside the Pack Hierarchy, her involvement is never a threat to ranking which is often a help in itself. When that alone isn't enough she can use her ability to spread calm through a room of Wolves with this closest being the most effected. Even those Wolves who are old and whose Wolves are about to take over, can be calmed by the presence of an Omega, though it would take her constant presence to keep them from going insane.

Career: Child Psychologist

Personality: Stephanie has always been a natural arbiter. Even as a child she was the one other kids (even many older than herself) ran to for solutions to problems they wouldn't take to adults. As she grew, the ability to solve or help people work through problems grew and she was naturally drawn to the growing field of psychology. Kind and with an optimistic view of life she is drawn to children and enjoys her current work with them.

Kind as she is, like any Wolf, she can have a temper but it tends to flare and die almost as quickly. She isn't the sort to seek vengeance for a harm done to her but will, instead, simply cut the person causing her pain from her life. Most people that know her like her and find disappointing her far more worrisome than angering her.

Background History: Stephanie actually was born in 1929 and raised in New York City, though few people would ever think of her as a "city girl". Her parents weren't wealthy but they weren't poor either. Solidly middle class they did the best they could for their daughter in the the hope that she would, "Marry Up". Always strong willed, Stephanie nearly spoiled that plan by making it clear that her goals were further reaching that simply getting married and popping out grandchildren.

She demanded, and worked hard for, an education at a time when most women didn't aspire so high. She wanted a doctorate in Psychology but that was beyond her initially and she settled for becoming a teacher and marrying a Psychologist; which satisfied her mother's desire for her to marry well. She actually did love her husband and actually gave him two children (twin girls) before the fateful night that changed her life forever.

Out camping with her small family (both she and her husband loved the outdoors) they had no idea that their campsite was near land frequently used by a Wolf Pack to run on the full moon. The Pack had no idea that anyone was camping that night and were chasing down a Wolf who had gone mad, planning to corner him in a ravine less than half a mile from where they were. The crazed Wolf caught there scent and veered toward them, rampaging through their campsite before the rest of the Pack caught up to him, killing Stephanie's husband and two children and mauling her before he was pulled away and slaughtered in turn by a Pack simply, "Taking care of business".

Someone in the Pack, to this day Stephanie can't remember who, recognized the potential for what she could become, if she lived without going mad, and demanded that they take Stephanie back to their encampment to be cared for. Grieving, trying to heal from such traumatic injuries, and trying to reconcile everything people were trying to tell her, as well as the massive pain when the Changes started and she couldn't control them at first, nearly did her in. More than once she heard whispers that she, in turn, might need to be put down, Omega or not.

Because of the trauma surrounding her initial attack and Change, the Alpha of the Pack that had found her actually petitioned to have her moved to the care of another Pack in the hope that not being around the Pack responsible for the death of her family might give her the breathing room she needed to grieve and learn control. No one liked the idea of putting down a potential Omega. She was taken in only when he promised that if she couldn't learn the control she needed, that he would come and handle putting her down himself.

To that end she was actually sent to a Pack in Northern Washington. They had purchased massive tracts of land for the Pack to use and she found the wild country, and the total lack of anything familiar, soothing in a way few other things could be. Slowly she came out of her shell and started paying attention to what the new Pack, people she didn't see as responsible for her loss in any way, were trying to teach her. Because of her grief it took longer than they normally would have given a new wolf time for, but (also because of her grief) they simply kept her isolated and as she started making progress they began to relax and eventually sent word back that she would Heal, given time.

She stayed in Washington until the Marrok put out the word that an Omega would be useful for the Pack he was sending back to Las Vegas. Having fel the urge for something new for some time, she spoke with her Alpha (out of courtesy and respect for the man who had given her the time she needed to heal and become whole again) before petitioning the Marrok to allow her to go to Vegas. New wolves in a new place would need an Omega to keep things calm and make the transition smoother and she looked forward to the challenge.

Another good one, C! <3

Diablerie

Quote from: Photo on April 08, 2013, 04:47:43 PM

Welcome, welcome, Photo!

I can't wait to see the end result of your Walker! <3

I think up to now Rain is coming out very nicely, but I would like to see more of her family, powers, why does she choose Casino's to go work for them (which Casinos does she work for?), and also, do you consider her to be a sociopath?

Here's a fact that maybe you would like to integrate to your character's bio: The Paiute police do have their own police force and work with the Nevada police department, maybe if Rain has come and gone out of jail without any problems it is because the Paiute force protects the walkers a bit more.

^.^ For someone who hasn't read the books, you've got a strong grip on the concept, Photo!

Caela

Quote from: Hekate on April 08, 2013, 07:36:48 PM

Another good one, C! <3

Glad you liked her. I've the vampire done as well now. These girls are going to be fun to play. :D

Caela

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Caela on April 08, 2013, 09:10:09 PM
We need some men! lol

I'm mulling over a few ideas.. but I keep coming back to my old characters.. grr...

Kuje

CurvyKitten

Quote from: Caela on April 08, 2013, 09:10:09 PM
We need some men! lol

Yes we do, it really is the only reason I am holding off on this one. Though I am keeping an eye on it. :) Lovely characters so far.

Caela

Quote from: Kuje on April 08, 2013, 09:16:34 PM
Hekate has two males in mind, she's just gotta get them posted. :)

Hehehehehe...if they're our only men, they are going to be tired boys!

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on April 08, 2013, 09:12:39 PM
I'm mulling over a few ideas.. but I keep coming back to my old characters.. grr...

Don't stress on it Callie, the right idea will come when it's ready. I've only got mine done because I picked up the last book from the library and am excited about it.

Kuje

Quote from: Caela on April 08, 2013, 09:18:03 PM
Hehehehehe...if they're our only men, they are going to be tired boys!

Don't stress on it Callie, the right idea will come when it's ready. I've only got mine done because I picked up the last book from the library and am excited about it.

Grins. Well, one of hekate's belongs to Shawnee. :)

And at Callie. There's no restriction on updating some of your old characters if you really feel the need to do so. I kept Shawnee cause Hekate and I have been chatting about this idea for about three weeks and we're worked out some ideas between our characters. But I will probably be bringing in a second and she'll be an original idea but for now, I'm swamped with characters so she's on hold even though I know she's going to be fae.