My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic (OOC Thread)

Started by Empyrean, August 19, 2011, 09:15:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Empyrean

HopeFox

Cool. Sorry I took so long about my response, guys. Usual RL concerns, but I can pick up my pace a bit now.
If you're such an iconoclast, where were you when we trashed Constantinople?

FazzEagle

So anyways, hope I'm not bothering at the moment, but I wanted to share an idea me and a friend of mine were discussing over MSN about this RP (yes, I sort of mentioned it to her lol ). We were talking about the Elements of Harmony the original cast possesses, and I was wondering if any of the Ponies in the RP could represent different kinds of elements that relates to friendship? I know there's some form of evil lurking around Maneflow so I was thinking that maybe it'd be interesting if the Ponies would have their own magic elements to fight it off? Here was my take on it and why I think so:

Heavy Hoof - Element of Strength (the strength from the bonds of friendship)
Despite being a show-off, he does show that he's loyal to his friends and he'd willingly give his strength to any friends in need.

Luminescent Dusk - Element of Patience (being able to stay calm and accepting to her friends)
I can see that she's a really patient Pony - especially someone who could tolerate Heavy Hoof that much, and she doesn't seem to be the kind of Pony who would mind her friends for who they really are.

Timber Crash - Element of Voice (always there to lend his voice to his friends)
For obvious reasons, the idea came from the fact that Timber Crash is kind of talkative lol But at the same time, being that way isn't bad and maybe implies that he's not afraid to speak his mind for his friends (like when they're bullied or etc).

No Mark - Element of Modesty (never thinking he's any better than any pony)
No Mark is shy and sometimes awkward, but he never seems to brag about his work, which is exceptionally great - a good example was how he made the mansion look good but not once did he ask to be thanked nor brag about such an achievement.

Luna - Element of Freedom/Light (always allow her friends to enjoy their own freedom/the 'light' of friendship that casts away the shadows of doubt)
This was a little tricky for me, but the freedom idea came from her being released from her imprisonment so she'd be one of those Ponies who doesn't take freedom for granted. The 'light' idea was from her ability to raise the moon to brighten the night. The element wasn't based on a personality because I figured she'd be like Twilight, whose Element was on 'Magic'.

I haven't seen much of the new Pony so this was all I got ^^;

What do you all think of the idea?

pendarious

I have to say it's definitely creative and I like it.
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

Empyrean

It certainly is creative. :) I'll think on it a bit, but I really like it and could see it coming into play.

Also, that evil around the city will be showing up soon. I want to make the intro post truly epic for you all. :)

Mac84

I am sorry for my sudden disappearance. My computer caught a nasty virus and I have not been able get it fixed yet. I'll to get the issue resolved as quickly as possible. Again I am sorry for the sudden disappearance. It is rather difficult to type a lot on my iPod.

Empyrean

Oh I understand. My computer melted down on me earlier this week and I was forced to erase everything in a reformat. We'll be here when you're ready. :)

Empyrean

Mac84

My computer is still down, and no idea when it will be up and running again. so I'll try to post as best as I can from my iPod. Please excuse any bad spelling

Also I think Fazz's idea is pretty cool.

Empyrean

I understand Mac. :)

And it seems we've lost the player of Midnight Comet? Not sure. But I'll be posting tomorrow. :)

FazzEagle

I'm glad most of you liked the idea :)

But yeah, I think the player's gone suddenly. Haven't seen him/her posting anything recently.

pendarious

after reading the description you put for heavy hoof wouldn't that make him the element of "Bonds" more so than strength?  as for NO Mark the description seems to drift more towards Element of "Reason" more so than "Voice" but that's just me looking at your descriptions.

as for missing players I think we lost sunshower, dark note, and midnight comet........
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?

FazzEagle

I was thikning that too, but I thought 'strength' suits the big guy more.

Mac84

Is the Food from the Silo Missing or tainted? if tainted I can modify my post to suit.

pendarious

I would think it's tainted but I could be wrong

Mac84

Empyrean

Empyrean

Apologies for the delay. I'll try to have something up tonight, tomorrow at the latest.

pendarious

Mac84

FazzEagle

Empyrean

Just waiting for Timber Crash's post before moving on. :)

FrostShifter

I was wondering if I'd be able to join.

My Pony:
Crysta Healer
Unicorn
A red cross in a circle of round gemstones all the colors of the rainbows
Burnt orange, brown mane & tail, blonde bangs
She travels around a lot, helping to heal those in need. She lost her home town to a flood where most ponies were lost. She just finished a short stay in ponyville and has been wondering the countryside. She carries a heavy heart and does not befriend other ponies easily.
She's a quiet pony at first but if one can worm they way in, they find out she's a sarcastic sadist down below the cuteness. She is also very loyal.

HopeFox

Really sorry about that, everypony. I must have deleted a notification or something - I didn't realise anypony else had posted. My mistake.
If you're such an iconoclast, where were you when we trashed Constantinople?

Empyrean

Frost: I have no problem with sarcasm. In what way is she sadistic though?