Writing Prompts

Started by Spero, January 29, 2015, 12:40:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spero

When I was first becoming a member I think the best part was waking up to new Writing Prompts. They helped me think and gave me ideas to the kind of roleplays I wanted to request when I became a full member.

The Rules

-Answer the Writing Prompt given to you by the person Above you.
-Submit a Writing Prompt of your own for the next person to answer.
-As with all public areas, keep your answer PG-13 at the most.

I'll start:

What is your favorite word and why?
RP Status: Seeking New Roleplays // Muse Status: Active and Around // Mood Status: Hopeful
CRAVING!: Dark Fantasy & Warhammer 40k Roleplay! Please PM if you want to RP~

Midwest Man

Love. I like the feeling it brings within myself, and others. It has various degrees, love of a: friend, relative, a style of writing, music, most anything...even food. I enjoy exploring it in role-playing and how others see love as well. I use it as a name or nickname: Hello, love, how's your day been? And it can be so intense and it's worth experiencing, even if not reciprocated.

As this is a role-playing forum many have played characters in different situations and different personalities. Do you have a character you have come to enjoy playing on a regular basis?

Crimsonbella

While I have characters that I love playing, I don't tend to reuse them for a different story unless I change something about them. Despite loving a character I don't want to feel as if I'm simply rehashing everything I've already written. Perhaps it's me but I never want to feel as if I'm stagnating while I write, nor do I want to bore myself with a character I've grown attached to.

Would you ever create a roleplay based upon a real life experience that you've had, good or bad, and why?
O/o Thread Slightly outdated.

VioletPanda

I would totally make a roleplay out of the LARP group I helped start! The group was amazing at first. It was like a second family to me, I had a lot of great friends and we went on so many cool adventures! My character was an elven barbarian, and at the time I played, I was dubbed 'the littlest barbar' because I was all of 4'10 and a ball of foam swinging fury :)

Lupine Moon for the win!

Now let's see...Ah!

What is your favorite type of conflict in a roleplay and why do you prefer it over others?

Current Muse: Meh, not super driven right now

My A/A PageMy O/Os

Verasaille

My favorite type of conflict is one of two very different personalities who clash hard in the beginning and then are forced to work together against a common foe. They are forced to cooperate and in so doing learn more about themselves as they learn of their enemy.

Sometimes this turns into intimacy, but it does not have to. Sometimes changing a foe into a friend is much more interesting.

All right, Who do you admire as a writer? Write a story that is part of that writers famous series, just a short vignette.
I have gone off in search of myself. If I should get back before I return, please keep me here.