The Town of Elliquiy (Reboot) <Interest Check>

Started by NaughtyKitty, January 13, 2013, 06:34:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NaughtyKitty

So I tried to get this game up and running once already and while it did get up, it didn't run very far.  But I'd like to try this again. 

The Town of Elliquiy is a medium sized down on the coast of Oregon.  It isn't terribly far away from Portland (which is to the south)...giving the residents access to the facilities there.  Being where it is, there is plenty of rain in the summer with warm temperatures.....snow in the winter.  Life for the residents is mostly what you would expect.

Obviously there is more to the town that meets the eyes of an outside....and I'm curious if anyone would like to become a resident of our fair town. The plan is for this to be something of a free-form game....as real life would be.  Each player is responsible for their own story and how it mixes and mingles with the stories of the other residents.  Of course, there will be some ground rules in place as to the town itself and the sorts of people that live in it (normal laws still apply....we'll not have an axe murderer running around offing people).

People will have the ability to create their characters, pick a career, and pick a place to live.  They can be married or single....Heterosexual, Homosexual, Bisexual, Transexual....or any number of other things.  However, they must all be human.  No shapeshifters or aliens.  It's present day, America.

There will be maps and listings of business....and some NPCs.  This will all be developed if and when we have a basis going for the town.

So is anyone interested in playing with me?

The original town OOC thread can be found here:  Click Here
Original Character Index here: Click Here  - just to give you an idea of how characters were made before
Original Town Locations Thread here: Click Here - just to give you an idea of the previous game structure

I really do think this has the potential to be quite fun.  The town itself is a a backdrop for everyone to write against.  There's no plot arcs or storylines.  But it is a small town, so keep in mind that like in real small towns everyone will know everyone else's business. lol.  I'll most likely make new threads for everything since this is to be a reboot.  But I wanted you all to see what I was thinking before!

Current Links:

Character Index 2.0:  Click Here
OOC Thread 2.0: Click Here
Locations Thread 2.0: Click Here

Players/Proprietors Needed/Wanted: (By no means a full list)
Teachers
Nurse
Waitress
Computer Repair Man
Pizza Delivery Guy
Liquor Store Owner
Chinese Restaurant Owner
Cable Repair Man
Dog Catcher
Trashman
Appliance Salesman
Used Car Dealer (or new car dealer)
Gas Station Owner
Coffee Shop Owner
Florist
Newspaper Owner/Writer
Novelist/Writer

If you think of something not on this list...by all means use that.  Just check in the Character Index and make sure it's not claimed already (ie, can't have 12 doctors in a little bitty town).

Arion

Intriguing idea.  I love the Oregon countryside; I'd like to participate in this, if it gets off the ground.
"The flesh surrenders itself.  Eternity takes back its own.  Our bodies stirred these waters briefly, danced with a certain intoxication before the love of life and self, dealt with a few strange ideas, then submitted to the instruments of Time.  What can we say of this?  I occurred.  I am not... yet, I occurred."     -Frank Herbert

"I've rambled with the worst of them, fell in love with a harlequin, saw the darkest hearts of men, and I saw my self staring back again, and I saw my self staring back again."    -Bartholomew, The Silent Comedy; If you do not think that this is one of the greatest songs ever written... You.  Are.  Wrong.

<a href="https://www.f-list.net/c/arion99">My F-List

NaughtyKitty

Arion...feel free to go ahead and put together a character for the game.  The basic character sheet can be found in the first post of the old OOC thread.  I'll be reprising my old character for the game. 

Assuming you decide to come play, welcome to Town.  :)

Interested

Character Name: Jake Shepard

Sex: male
Orientation: bisexual
Job: College student/heir
Played By: Interested

Appearance (With or without a picture)
Sleek, tanned, muscular with brown hair and green eyes, he wears denim jeans and a white T-Shirt.

Height: 5'11
Weight: 170 lbs
Body Type: Muscular, sleek and athletic
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Green
Distinguishing Features: N/A

Personality He's kind of an extrovert, he loves to make friends and socialize, and is known as a polite person.

Obsession with oral sex, particularily as the one giving fellatio.
Ballbusting, though not necessarily castration
Degradation
Humiliation within proper environments.

He likes chinese food, and is into Fantasy movies, role playing games, etcetera.

b]Dislikes:[/b]
He isn't into anything gross, (PM me for questioning on this) such as scat or urine. He doesn't like nonconsentual violence.
Absolutely Nots: I'm going to have to dwell on this.

History:

Jake was born 22 years ago in California. He lived a happy childhood but experienced horrifyingly bad tween and teen years. Despite all that he has a good relationship with his gaurdians and family. Jake is an heir for a rich family but he has always managed to be friends with most people who he set his mind on having some kind of interaction with. Eventually throughout ages 16-22, he has had TOO many boyfriends and girlfriends. Most people just use him for his body. This has turned to be an unusually weird predicament for him.

bubby

I just want to pop in and say YAY WESTERN OREGON! That is all.

NaughtyKitty

Just curious....but why would a rich college student be living in a town that's basically in the middle of no-where?  Not saying no....but the town is small...and there's not a college there.  So I would ask that you come up with a plausible reason for Jake to be there.

Quote from: Interested on January 13, 2013, 08:00:30 PM
Character Name: Jake Shepard

Sex: male
Orientation: bisexual
Job: College student/heir
Played By: Interested

Sleek, tanned, muscular with brown hair and green eyes, he wears denim jeans and a white T-Shirt.

Height: 5'11
Weight: 170 lbs
Body Type: Muscular, sleek and athletic
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Green
Distinguishing Features: N/A

Personality He's kind of an extrovert, he loves to make friends and socialize, and is known as a polite person.

Obsession with oral sex, particularily as the one giving fellatio.
Ballbusting, though not necessarily castration
Degradation
Humiliation within proper environments.

He likes chinese food, and is into Fantasy movies, role playing games, etcetera.

b]Dislikes:[/b]
He isn't into anything gross, (PM me for questioning on this) such as scat or urine. He doesn't like nonconsentual violence.
Absolutely Nots: I'm going to have to dwell on this.

History:

Jake was born 22 years ago in California. He lived a happy childhood but experienced horrifyingly bad tween and teen years. Despite all that he has a good relationship with his gaurdians and family. Jake is an heir for a rich family but he has always managed to be friends with most people who he set his mind on having some kind of interaction with. Eventually throughout ages 16-22, he has had TOO many boyfriends and girlfriends. Most people just use him for his body. This has turned to be an unusually weird predicament for him.

Interested

Hmmm. You have a point. I really don't know what kind of professions are available in a town like that so I just gave him "College Student".

Arion

Eugene is only a couple of hours away, and it's a college town.  Perhaps that's where he attends classes?  Or he could even take online courses.  Just some ideas.
"The flesh surrenders itself.  Eternity takes back its own.  Our bodies stirred these waters briefly, danced with a certain intoxication before the love of life and self, dealt with a few strange ideas, then submitted to the instruments of Time.  What can we say of this?  I occurred.  I am not... yet, I occurred."     -Frank Herbert

"I've rambled with the worst of them, fell in love with a harlequin, saw the darkest hearts of men, and I saw my self staring back again, and I saw my self staring back again."    -Bartholomew, The Silent Comedy; If you do not think that this is one of the greatest songs ever written... You.  Are.  Wrong.

Interested

Quote from: Arion on January 13, 2013, 09:02:56 PM
Eugene is only a couple of hours away, and it's a college town.  Perhaps that's where he attends classes?  Or he could even take online courses.  Just some ideas.

Thank you Arion. Good idea.:)

bubby

HE SAID EUGENE!!! *squeal!*

Ok I'll stop stalking your thread. Sorry.

NaughtyKitty

lol. Why don't you join our little town, Bubby?  You're obviously fond of the location.  :)

Arion

Quote from: bubby on January 13, 2013, 09:12:22 PM
HE SAID EUGENE!!! *squeal!*

I've had occasion to visit Eugene several times over the years.  Always wanted to climb Spencer's Butte and have a picnic up there :)

That aside, working up a character.  Now, since this is going to be a reboot of your old idea it's okay to perhaps double up on something that was previously established, yes?

bubby

*Blush* Cuz I live there.

I'm sure you'll get enough interest in your thread without 'lil ol' me involved. With no zombies or vampires or dragons or crazy cybernetic elves, with lotsa guns or swords, it's not for me. Lol!

NaughtyKitty

Quote from: Arion on January 13, 2013, 09:35:36 PM
I've had occasion to visit Eugene several times over the years.  Always wanted to climb Spencer's Butte and have a picnic up there :)

That aside, working up a character.  Now, since this is going to be a reboot of your old idea it's okay to perhaps double up on something that was previously established, yes?

Yep...pretty much everything's back up for grabs.  'Cept my character's stuff!  lol

Quote from: bubby on January 13, 2013, 09:37:47 PM
*Blush* Cuz I live there.

I'm sure you'll get enough interest in your thread without 'lil ol' me involved. With no zombies or vampires or dragons or crazy cybernetic elves, with lotsa guns or swords, it's not for me. Lol!

Ya know....given the interest in zombies, vampires, dragons, and cybernetic elves....you could always play the town's resident writer.  Perhaps our very own version of "JK Rowling Meets Stephen King." (King lives in a little town in Maine...lol)

NaughtyKitty

Quote from: Interested on January 13, 2013, 08:52:10 PM
Hmmm. You have a point. I really don't know what kind of professions are available in a town like that so I just gave him "College Student".

Online classes I could buy....though I would still rather there be a reason he lived there.  Even if he was going to school in Eugene...that's 3.5 hours or so away.  And if he's rich, why would he live there rather than in Eugene? 

As for professions....it's a little town on a river in the Pacific Northwest.  You're going to have fishing, timber, restaurants, outfitting for the tourists...those sorts of things.  You mention something in your profile about a bad experience when he was younger.  Maybe you had an Aunt/Uncle/Godparent that lived there and you were sent to live with them?  That would at least give him a reason for being there.  It would also give a reason for your character to be back and forth between wherever he's going to school.  Maybe his relative is older and he comes back to make sure everything's ok on weekends?  Or maybe he just comes home on the weekends?  Lots of college kids do that.

NaughtyKitty

Anywhoo....once we get a few more characters going, I'll start new versions of the OOC, Locations, and Character Index threads.

Interested

Quote from: NaughtyKitty on January 13, 2013, 10:42:53 PM
Online classes I could buy....though I would still rather there be a reason he lived there.  Even if he was going to school in Eugene...that's 3.5 hours or so away.  And if he's rich, why would he live there rather than in Eugene? 

As for professions....it's a little town on a river in the Pacific Northwest.  You're going to have fishing, timber, restaurants, outfitting for the tourists...those sorts of things.  You mention something in your profile about a bad experience when he was younger.  Maybe you had an Aunt/Uncle/Godparent that lived there and you were sent to live with them?  That would at least give him a reason for being there.  It would also give a reason for your character to be back and forth between wherever he's going to school.  Maybe his relative is older and he comes back to make sure everything's ok on weekends?  Or maybe he just comes home on the weekends?  Lots of college kids do that.

Ah, okay. That's a good idea.:)

Missy

Quote from: Arion on January 13, 2013, 09:35:36 PM

Your having a picnic where? Spencer must have a rather large bum. Sorry I know that's cheesy but the child in me couldn't resist :)

Bookmarked this thread, I'll brainstorm a day or two.

eiselmann

looking to join, if any female character in her mid-late 30's needs a teenage son then my character will be up for that...not looking for incest as such but then again :-)
260916 Sigh, on the back end of my laptop dying last week and getting a new one delivered, we now have had some local flooding where I live....fortunately for me no major damage since my house is a few feet above ground, however my back yard looks like the swimming pool I don't have ...so might take a day or two to get back to posting

The Betrayal at Yalta, one of the main reasons the world is the mess it is today

My ons and offs link

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=254364.0

Nameless One

I'm interested, I'd like to have a wife (swapping, maybe?) or a very close girlfriend in the roleplay. If some player wants to portrait a married/engaged female character, please let me know. I'll post a CS as soon as I can.
It is "Torment". It is that which draws all tormented souls to you. The flesh knows it suffers, even when the mind has forgotten. And so you wear the rune always.

Ons and Offs

apygoos

Silver

O/O's  Request Thread  A/A's
Now Playing: Star - ♡ Machinedrum (A$AP Ferg Remix)
People fear what they don't understand, But then they get mad because they don't dare to do it, Everybody a shinin' star, they ain't get far so they can't prove it, Most stars foolish, full of gas, useless, Pushin' bad influence, wonder what happened to 'em?, They say hurt people hurt people, guess that is proven, They put on a mask to mask feelings, Fill the universe with mass ceilings, Most people not even tappin' in...♡

MagicalPen

I'll bite, though looks like we could use some more female participants.

Character Name: Peter Simon

Sex: Male
Orientation: Straight
Job: Resident Author
Played By: MagicalPen

Tall, dark and handsome.

Height: 6'0"
Weight: 180 lbs
Body Type: Averag, physically fit
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Hazel
Distinguishing Features: Cymru Dragon on his shoulder

Personality Attends the social scene events and gatherings but generally sticks to himself, loves his routine.

Likes: Hardcover books, fine writing pens and paper, beautiful young girls, coffee.

Dislikes: Loud, obnoxious people. people who don't read.

Absolutely Nots: M/M Scenes

History:

Born to parents who were both Professors, Peter was always given a fine education while also getting to enjoy vacations with his parents. It is there that he got his love for adventure and the great outdoors while some would say that writing was always in his blood as well. As he grew up he found that writing became his great escape when trapped at school, while he took every opportunity he could to enjoy the great outdoors, weather it was camping or cycling or kayaking. He never played school sports and always had a small number of friends, but he did have his share of girlfriends and his body was always physically healthy, though nothing god-like like some of the Jocks at school.

He eventually got his Masters in Writing and has published a few short stories. From college he immediately went into the profession of Teaching as well, just like his parents, but found that it quickly drained his energy and desire to write. So he has decided to take a Hiatus from teaching and do some soul searching instead, hoping that the small quiet town of Elliquiy will aid him in his quest to finish the novel he is working on.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games