Captain Malteses ideas thread (MxF, MxM, Mxalternate)

Started by Captain Maltese, April 28, 2015, 08:23:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Maltese

Would You Kindly respond only by PM, and not in this thread?

My O/O thread
My current stories

While my characters are always men (barring the occasional side character), I am open to my cowriters' characters being of any gender or variation therein. Whether or not my cowriter is of the gender written, does not bother me.

All communication in PM excepting optional OOC threads, all story posts in forum threads unless for good reasons. The smut level of my stories might be around 20%. Default style is third person past tense, but I might be willing to work with other options. My typical post is three paragraphs or about one page long. Posting speed is variable but I can't help that.

I already have some active current stories which I love to tiny little bits. My chief motivation for picking up further stories tend to be the prospect of a new story setting, a new character interaction dynamic, or sometimes simply an intriguing cowriter. I often prowl the Roleplays Wanted subforum and some times it lead to me making contact; occasionally because I love a found idea but more often because the poster interests me. If you find a reason to contact me, don't hesitate to do so, I rarely bite unless it is part of the story. The worst that can happen is that my storyload is already too heavy to add another.

My prefered potential character - where I have one - is in black.

Canons that interest me at this point:
- Atlantis: The Lost Empire (specifically Commander Lyle Tiberius Rourke vs Helga Sinclair)
- Corto Maltese: CM versus any of the canon females, some of the canon males, and OC that fit in are also good.
- Bioshock, mainly as depicted in the first game: I want to write in this world, but not any of the canon characters.
- Firefly/Serenity, Captain Malcolm Reynolds aka Mal. A man ripped between duty, anger, opportunism and convictions. I like him. I'd like to play him against Zoe, River, Kaylee, or any female OC of your choice, anyone but Inara because that road leads to more pain refreshal and drama than I need in a work of fun and fiction.
- The Good, The Bad and The Ugly. The movie that became the quintessencial spaghetti western. I would be equally happy to play The Colonel, Blondie or Tuco - all scoundrels with somewhat different styles.

Non-canon ideas (your character's gender can be male, female, or other):
- A strange voyage. Two people of our world go through a portal to a fantasy-like world, with very different motives. I'm thinking one cynical gentleman scoundrel out for gold, and one idealistic or naive gentleman scientist.
- I haven't written in a classic fantasy setting in a long, long time. Two thieves decide to cooperate to get a treasure. Scoundrel vs scoundrel galore. Fencing, theft, seduction. Think 3 Musketeers meet The Mummy? Aiming for a fun time here.
- Pirate captain finds girl hiding among his crew, after using 'him' as a toy for some time. Use continues. I suspect this will be a more smut oriented story than I usually do.
- A slice of life romance, modern era, with a pixie. It's weird but hey.
- The Hunt For Reaper Caine. A decidedly spaghetti western story, where two bounty hunters grudgingly decided to cooperate against one of the nastiest bad guys in the Old West. Clint Eastwood homeland this, but with the twist that neither of the hunters might be what they seem. While I only write male chars I'll be delighted to play against YC being a woman, a woman in drag, a man in drag, a man, what have you. The old west was called wild for a reason.

A handful of pictures inspirations that I would like to write against:
Mind that the picture refers to a type more than the actual character or person.

The below are not what they seem.

Posting status:  25th December: Up To Date 5 of 9 : last month 2, this month 5, total 38 posts for 2023.

O/O            Current stories