News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Pathfinder game ((interest/recruitment))

Started by Harukajunko, March 18, 2015, 12:36:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chulanowa

I think we're missing an arcane caster in the current lineup - unless you count the skald, I guess, but it's just a gnome, so it doesn't count  ::)

Ixy

I think someone's making a wizard... I'll write up a sorcerer and an alchemist just in case

TheHangedOne

Hey all. If at all possible, I'd really like to keep Touched by Divinity. But, if someone else wants it badly enough, I'll make the switch.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

eBadger

Ugh.  None of the others seem to fit at all, but swapped to Child of the Crusade, which I can sorta leverage in with the Machine qua Crusade. 

Muse

Um... 

I think I have Touched by Divinity too? 

(By Sarranrae.) 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

eBadger

Harukajunko, you may want to modify the first post to let peeps know we're looking for more, what the adventure path is, list the character creation rules and give a tally of what we've got so far.  When recruitment threads reach about this length I think people tend to assume they're full, or they just don't have the patience to read through everything to find out the status. 

Chulanowa

Almost... there... Just need to decide on a race. -Flails-

eBadger

Chulanowa

Gno  ;D

I'm looking at Human, Half-elf / orc, or Tiefling. I was a little tempted by Dhampir, but goddamn they have so many hurdles to jump.

"I lay on hands."
"okay. You explode."

eBadger

Chulanowa

At the moment I'm looking towards the redemption theme mentioned in the AP, and the various angles that can be approached from.

My main struggle is character image, though. I usually build ideas around images, y'know find something that makes me go oh cool! And thing is, i'm kinda picky about images, i just roll my eyes at like, giant bulky MMO swords and plate armor with high heels andthree foot spikes with skulls on them on the spaulders. Who does that?

eBadger

Ah, yeah, I getcha.  I usually start my characters from an image; I have a couple libraries of them and just look through until one pops out with a personality.  It periodically makes for gnomish skalds or android hunters, but at least potentially fun ones....

If that's your dilemma, though, I'd go with human.  Definitely the easiest to find an image for even if you discount all the wacky fantasy armor types. 

DarkNevaeh

I'm finishing up my Human Wizard this weekend.  I think I went with Child of the War or whatever...the one that makes me an orphan.

Snake

Well we have a fair mix at least. :3 Even with my Paladin serving mostly as ranged power.

RubySlippers

Is there room for a Cleric or Druid? Or better a Druid or Cleric ADDING Rogue in at 2nd Level.

Pockets

Is there room for more? If so, I have a couple ideas if I can get a character/class listing.
08/02 - New A/A Update

Chulanowa

One note - Since it looks like there's going to be a selection, why not hold off on selecting campaign traits until after the characters are chosen? That way, if people go with say, Child of the Crusades, they can decide how they're related to another character with that trait (so there's not, like, a goblin and a half-elf with it... "Cousins!") Decide what deity is speaking to them through Touched by Divinity (Shyalaman plot twist - GOZREH!) that sort of thing.

Second note - Just noticed it was 20 point buy and not 25-point buy. That does narrow some things down at least! Surely takes Dhampir out of the running, damned constitution penalty...

Muse

Ruby, I've applied with a cleric, so a druid might fit better. 

Of course, you can never have too many clerics! 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Harukajunko

Yeah I am Going to say that I am cutting of flags for interest for now, so all those people interested you may post up what will be your characters So Ixy, Dark, Chulanowa, Ruby and Pockets

Ixy

Pockets

I'll probably bring a Fighter based Archer who will eventually go Arcanist then Arcane Archer. If I'm stepping on your toes, Snake, I've got other ideas.

Haruka, if this doesn't work let me know via PM so I'll get it faster. Meanwhile I'll work on building the character.
08/02 - New A/A Update

DarkNevaeh

Pockets

Name: Arrick
Character Sheet: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=143395

History: Arrick’s birth is shrouded in mystery. All that is known is that one day Queen Telandia Edasseril, appeared at court with an infant held carefully in hand. It was apparent that the child was elven born but was not an elf. The Queen decreed that a home be found for the child and that he was to be raised no differently than any other elven child.

Arrick was accepted into the home of Elanelis Yildale and his wife. He was loved as if he had been born into their home and raised in the same way as any other elf. Despite this, Arrick always knew he was different from everyone else. That became much more apparent when he hit adolescence and his skin tone shifted and he found himself more adroit than other kids his age.

Shortly after he turned 110, he was abducted by Elven cultists who were foolish enough to worship demonkind. He managed to survive the ordeal but it left its mark on him. His sleep was not as peaceful as it had once been and he took to his studies with a hunger that was almost disturbing to his Elders. But nothing about his studies was deemed dangerous so he was allowed to pursue them.

Finally it came time for him to choose a path and he chose the bow as he had a knack for it that seemed almost surreal. His hatred of demonkind led him to the Tanglebriar where he felt that not only could he learn more about demons but also do some good on that front. He’s spent the last decade living near the Tanglebriar hunting and killing everything that sides with Treerazor.

But recently word has come through Kyonin that there has been another call for a crusade to close the Worldwound and his surrogate parents suggested that he go answer the call as he might learn more about the ritual that he survived. Their logic was that Treerazor would be dealt with in time and was currently contained. But his mother, who was a Seer had had visions that the Worldwound would need to be closed and soon or the Golarion was in grave peril.

So he took a year to craft new armor and a new bow before he set out for the Mendevian front. There he plied his trade as a bowyer and an armorsmith in the hopes of helping until he could find a more direct role in dealing with the Worldwound.

Sexuality: While technically a virgin, Arrick is attracted to the female form and while he can find the male form asthetically pleasing, he just does not find any sexual urges towards other males.

Note: Still working on the character history and such but for the record he's an elven born Azata-blooded Aasimar
08/02 - New A/A Update

eBadger

Still here and interested, just chilling quietly til we're ready.

Chulanowa

Paladin of Sarenrae, with doors open for multiclassing somewhere down the way. I was stumped on backstory for the longest damned time, but i'll get it all together here in a bit. Still a bit wobbly on race, but getting there!

Not another aasimar, let me tell you  :P