One Crew to Rule it All (Fantasy Gangland) - Closed for now.

Started by Revenent, August 16, 2012, 08:31:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Revenent

NOTE: If you read this topic before the Closed sign went up and were interested or working on a character, you can still post an application, even if you hadn't posted in the thread yet. Honor system.

Recruitment
Gehenna (Gang HQ)
OOC Thread
Character List
Lilith's Cave (Gang HQ) [Old]
Middle City (Gang Activities) [Old]
Character Thread [Old]

===

The Setting:

Welcome to Middle City, where even the angels aren't sacred. A bright metropolitan core surrounded by layers of crime and poverty, humans aren't the only race here. More than any other, this city is a melting pot for races from all over the world, from dwarves and elves, to orcs and goblins, nymphs and fairies, and even our winged friends from Heaven and Hell. The city is practically owned by the more than half a dozen gangs that operate within it, divided up more by species than anything else. The dwarves run the underground, the elves run the rooftops, the angels own the business sector and the Middle City Paladin Department, and everything else is so much battle and bloodshed over control of a few measly drug and whorehouses.

Maybe you were part of one of these gangs; maybe you were an independent career criminal, or maybe you never even wanted to be pulled into this kind of filth. But now a former member of the Brothers Fallen, the local demon mafia, is calling together men and women of all races and skills. It sounds like he wants to form a new gang, but can anyone really expect to build up any turf in a town where you get shot or burned with magic for walking down someone else's sidewalk? Couldn't hurt to check it out, though...

The Gangs:

The Gravediggers: The dwarven clan, whose turf lies in the subways, sewers, and maintenance tunnels under the city, plus whatever they can dig out themselves. These bearded bangers excel at breaking into even the most well-defended ground-level bank vaults, so robberies are a huge chunk of their income.

The Striders: The elves, who excel at marksmanship and make their bases mainly on the rooftops all across the city. Being friends with all living creatures and wildlife, it's rare to find a Strider without a vicious doberman, Rottweiler, or pit bull as a companion.

The Unleashed: This gang is run by an elite group of centaur, but they take in all variety of sub-human riff-raff, including your more animalistic cobolds and werewolves, to your lesser nekos and kitsune. They make great drugrunners. They spread like the plague throughout the cities sub-human slums.

The Maidenhood: An almost entirely female gang of nymphs, elementals, and Fae folk, they're actually a lot more threatening than the other gangs give them credit for. One shouldn't trifle with creatures of magic. Their main business is in prostitution (sometimes of their own members, who are usually willing).

The Brothers Fallen: A mafia-like group led by a family of demon-possessed gangsters, this is the second-most powerful gang in the city, if only because they accept even the worst of the worst: dark wizards, necromancers, vampires, soul-snatchers, they're all here.

The Light of Dawn: The most powerful group in the city, they've managed to pull in a huge number of do-good followers from across the state thanks to their guise of good-will and charity. In reality, this group of angels is corrupt as Hell (pun intended) and practically owns the city's entire business district. Thanks to their army of knights, paladins, and priests, not even the Brothers Fallen can loosen their grip on the city.

Us: That story hasn't been told yet, has it?

Info:

So after some difficulties that involved a few members wandering off, some important (and some falling off the site completely), this RP is not only open for business again, but we've decided to do a full reboot so we can have a whole swath of new dynamics between characters, and since the old one didn't get too far along to make such a thing difficult. The setting is more important to know than the plot right now, as that will become apparent as the RP progresses. If the concept interests you, or you're tentatively interested, but have some questions, here's the place to make it known. If you don't have any questions, feel free to post up a character for approval using this format:

[b]Name:[/b] Self-explanitory, I hope.

[b]Age:[/b] See above.

[b]Race:[/b] If it hasn't already been mentioned in the original post or throughout the topic, just go ahead with it or ask me about it. I'm generally pretty lenient about what I'll allow.

[b]Appearance:[/b] Clothing, physical details, specific qualities that stand out, etc. Feel free to either write it or use an image.

[b]Sexual Preference:[/b] Any and all are welcome. If you want to leave it blank until you've had a chance to feel the character out, go ahead.

[b]Former Gang:[/b] If applicable. If you want to say your character was previously in another gang, or currently is and has to be recruited, take your pick. If you want to make up a gang that they were in, like before, just go for it or check with me.

[b]Gang Position:[/b] Are they a leader, a soldier, a hitman, a dealer, an ambassador, a spy, a healer, a drug alchemist, a weapons-maker, or the ever-popular prostitute? Not limited to just what's listed here, either.

[b]Weapon of Choice:[/b] If you're character is a fighter of any kind, tell us how they bring the pain. Can include blades, bows, gun, magic, or whatever else you can think of. Feel free to include a class, if you wish.

[b]Additional Skills:[/b] From negotiation skills and sneakiness, to non-combatitive magic and alchemy, any abilities your person has that don't directly involve spilling blood, unless they're an interrogator. :P

[b]Personality:[/b] Feel free to be vague here. I know I tend to change my character's personality as I use them more, so just give a general idea of what they might be like, at least at first.

[b]Bio:[/b] How they ended up in the city, what they did with the other gangs, how they ended up falling out, why they're here now, and whatever other details you might find important. Anything from one paragraph to ten is fine, as long as you're willing to elaborate more as the RP goes on.

[b]Theme Song (optional):[/b] Just for a bit of extra fun.

Happy trails. ;)

MzHyde

By full reboot, what do you mean? Are you just recruiting new folks to come in, or is the whole story starting over?

Revenent

We're starting the whole thing over, since the story at that point was partly reliant on some people who ended up disappearing, plus we were early on, so it's easier for new players to join in, and it's easier than us figuring a way to write the missing players out.

Kaisude

persephone325

This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Lithium

I'm very interested as long as the group is kept to a reasonable size. Checking through the old Character Thread, I counted about 17 characters, which in my opinion is simply unmanageable and dooms an RP to failure from the start. >.>

Pink Professional

Quote from: Lithium on August 17, 2012, 04:38:19 AM
I'm very interested as long as the group is kept to a reasonable size. Checking through the old Character Thread, I counted about 17 characters, which in my opinion is simply unmanageable and dooms an RP to failure from the start. >.>

I do agree this was one of the main problems. That and letting one or two characters become over-important to the story.

Sadly, hindsight is 20/20, and a bitch no less.

Hi by-the-way. I am Pink Professional, aka PP. I'm one of the original cast members and the one who suggested a full reboot for all you lovelies. I look forward to meeting you all and greeting you all in greater depth.

*Gives his finest Wolfy grin*

Zaer Darkwail

I am interested also, interesting premise. Kind bit like shadowrun setting? Anyways need ponder on concept....

Revenent

Quote from: Lithium on August 17, 2012, 04:38:19 AM

Believe me, if all of those people were still involved, I wouldn't be recruiting again. Of those players, I would say only about six are currently reliable, with a couple more promising posts but not for sure reliable.

However, despite what Pink said, I really don't think even a group that size was truly unmanageable, especially for a game with this scope. Firstly, for a while, people were mainly able to manage interactions between each other just fine to keep the replies flowing and wait for their involvement as the main activities were set up.

Secondly, I seek to recruit an above-average group on the assumption that the same thing will happen that happens in literally every other group game: people will wander off without a word. That happened, of course, but because a scene dragged on too long that focused on a single player, and none of the others were interacting on their own, we lost a bit too many, in an error I certainly won't repeat.

Now, is the amount of players we currently have already a reasonable amount for running a game like this? It's possible, but my players think getting a few more would help reinvigorate the game, so I'm going to trust in their judgment on this one. At the very least, we're running very low on the lady front. :-)

If you join, I will find a role for you to fill. Don't have any doubt about that.

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on August 17, 2012, 05:48:07 AM
I am interested also, interesting premise. Kind bit like shadowrun setting? Anyways need ponder on concept....

*checks Wikipedia* Yes, very similar. ;D Just in the 21st century, and elves, dwarves, orcs, fae, and all the others have existed for just as long as humans. I imagine that around the world, there are nations/continents filled with each race, with America (or whatever country Middle City is in) acting as the same sort of cultural melting pot it does in the real world. Angels and demons operate on the different rules, of course; they probably only appear in places of extreme sanctity, or extreme impurity (guess which our city is).

Lithium

Fair enough, it is your game after all and you've had the experience of running it once already so you're in the best position to know what would work best. =]

Pink Professional

Don't get me wrong, the game was incredibly fun when it was up, and I do hope this one will be equally joyous. It's just that there were a lot of Niche groups, for lack of a better term. You could flit between the Elementals sitting in the corner, and the people at the bar and a certain loner Vampire... *Grumble grumble grumble*

As long as we don't get imbalances in power and what not...As long as no single character gets too much power or focus, then I think we'll have a smooth, enjoyable process.

Also, whilst you people are drumming up mental images of characters and such: I'll be remaking, updating and expanding on my character. I'll be sure to post that up soon, should any people require inspiration.

Revenent

Quote from: Lithium on August 17, 2012, 07:24:38 AM
Fair enough, it is your game after all and you've had the experience of running it once already so you're in the best position to know what would work best. =]

I'm always willing to take other people's opinions into account (which is why I'm rebooting in the first place). I'm just going to see if this works out for the best now.

Quote from: Pink Professional on August 17, 2012, 07:28:57 AM
Don't get me wrong, the game was incredibly fun when it was up, and I do hope this one will be equally joyous. It's just that there were a lot of Niche groups, for lack of a better term. You could flit between the Elementals sitting in the corner, and the people at the bar and a certain loner Vampire... *Grumble grumble grumble*

Well, it's not like we could just have everyone sit in one big group. Even though it was slow starting, it really wasn't a long period over which those groups had their conversations. That's the problem with group games: most of them take absurdly long amounts of time to even get past the first day of in-game time, depending on how the game is styled.

MzHyde

Name: Shizuru

Race: Demon

Appearance: A few inches over six feet tall, Shizuru usually stands a head above the rest of the crowd. Her bat-like wings and spiraling horns, coupled with her constantly relaxed (and perhaps bored) demeanor make her a fairly intimidating sight to behold. The same could be said of most demons, but where most hellspawn intimidate with snarling, growling, and menacing, Shizuru manages to do so with an unnervingly calm and quiet demeanor. Her eyes are an unnaturally bright golden color and looking into them, one can tell that she is a being of unnatural origin and power. Her eye color is also the only thing she cannot change about herself with her limited shape-shifting ability, so any form she takes will have those strange golden eyes. Her manner of dress varies, usually something casual; a dress shirt, leather pants and boots, and a tie are her usual fare. If she's in the mood, she'll wear a jacket as well.

Sexual Preference: Bisexual (Women Preferred, Very Picky With Men)

Former Gang: None. While Shizuru has worked for most of the gangs in the city at some point, it is only as a gun-for-hire. She hates taking orders from others and will only take jobs she feels like doing and even then, only if the price is right. She is notoriously wishy-washy and has a habit of switching sides if the mood strikes her, ie; if the people she's working for rub her the wrong way or if something happens that makes her change her mind. Despite this, her reputation is mostly good and she is viewed as an expensive, finicky, but reliable and capable mercenary. If word on the street is that Shizuru has been hired, it's a sure sign that a gang is in a desperate situation that can only be solved with a frightening amount of violence.

Gang Position: None; Freelance

Weapon of Choice: Koryu; a katana created by a famous Japanese swordsmith explicitly for Shizuru around 1200AD. The name means 'Little Dragon'. It is her most treasured possession. She has tempered it with some of her blood, endowing the blade with a fraction of her demonic essence, allowing it to cut through mortals and supernatural beings alike.

Additional Skills:
-Supernatural Being: As a demon, mortal weapons reduced effect on her. She can take an enormous amount of punishment. Her strength and speed are both above peak human. Her claws can cleave stone, she is fast enough to chase down any human, and with her strength she could heft a small sedan with ease.

-Fire Manipulation: Shizuru can do a lot of showy things with fire. Summon it, manipulate existing flames, shape it, or even cause flames to trail behind her as she moves. Her greater powers are sealed away while she is in the mortal realm, so she won't be causing any firestorms, but she can still light an object on fire with the snap of her fingers.

-Conjuring, Minor: Again, with her magic mostly sealed, she is relegated to smaller feats. She can summon just about anything that is the size of a bedroom or smaller. The caveat is that the object cannot be too complex. If it has moving parts, it needs to be relatively small. A motorcycle is the most complex object she can muster. A full bedroom set for a romantic evening, by comparison, would be much easier for her.

Personality: Shizuru possesses a mellow and somewhat cynical personality, reflected by her easygoing (and at times bored) facial expression. Shizuru practices a tough love approach with those she cares about, causing her to be stern yet loving towards them. Though she tends to stay out of other peoples' business, if she feels like she needs to take matters into her own hands, she will do so. She's not afraid to use brute force when necessary. She has a romantic side, but that tends to be reserved for her lovers. She's embarrassed to be caught getting all 'lovey dovey' around other people. In a lot of ways, Shizuru is like a cat; she comes and goes when she pleases and tends to wander off when bored. She rarely listens to others and prefers her freedom above anything else.

Bio: Shizuru is a demoness that has been bouncing back and forth between the mortal realm and the underworld for thousands of years. Sometimes she is summoned (sometimes mistakenly) and sometimes she manages to find a way over herself. These trips usually lasted anywhere from a few months to a year or two; her longest was in ancient Japan, where she stayed for a few hundred years, first from 600AD to 700AD and again from about 1200AD to 1650AD. In that time she developed a frightening reputation for herself thanks to her swordplay and a touch of fire-based showmanship. In those periods she accomplished many great deeds; training Tomoe Gozen, training under Miyamoto Mushashi, fighting under Oda Nobunaga, and even being mistaken for Amaterasu.  Shizuru often pines for those quieter, much simpler times. Times where she could walk for days without seeing a single building. Frankly, she considers most technology to be an eyesore (though she has a soft spot for cars and motorcycles). These days she finds rather little to do. She still works freelance, but, as stated above, her prices are exorbitant and gangs tend to leave her alone unless the situation is desperate. Today she owns a bar with no name, behind an unmarked door, in a nondescript building, down a plain staircase. It is a quiet place to have a good drink. No radio, no TV's, no cellphones. It is open when she feels like it.

Theme Song:http://youtu.be/G9bHNph1zcQ

*I'm aware she may seem very powerful, but she is also a very old demoness with thousands of years of experience. She will also be doing very little or no fighting unless the story really calls for it. Her role these days is mostly as someone who gives advice and she has such a colorful reputation she tends to intimidate by merely being present anyhow. Her bar can be a neutral ground where all the characters could converge to converse and interact.

Revenent

Shizuru - Approved

A new character thread is up, so you can go ahead and put here there. If any of you are concerned because you don't know who in the old thread isn't taking part anymore, and you had a character idea similar to one of them, keep an eye on the new character thread or just ask me and I'll let you know if the niche is open.

Pink Professional

As I said, I'm pretty much filling out my sheet again: Adding detail and expanding on points I wasn't previously happy with. The finished product will be up before the hour is done.

Edit: And here we are: One updated character sheet, for all you lovely roleplay people.

Name: Jack 'Jackyl' Mason.

Age: Physically and permanently locked in his late 20’s. He’s lived for around two centuries.

Race: Werewolf

Appearance:  In his human disguise, Jack Is a rather average man. He is a meagre Six foot tall, with a handsome yet easily ignored face; angular, thin, with stubble lining his chin. His skin is a dark olive. It has a strange feel to it, almost like it’s thicker than a human’s skin should be. A slight hint of what lies underneath. His body is above average for a human, handsome, thin, and reasonably muscular: But again, he remains easy to ignore or forget, and even easier to underestimate. His hair is a shaggy mess of brown strands, uncontrolled and unkempt. His eyes are a bright green colour, glinting with intellect and brilliance. On his left forearm is a rather prominent scar: thick and jagged, to the more experienced fighter type criminals, it’s an obvious knife wound, indicating a thick jagged cut that would have taken a fair time to make. Not the work of a single cut.

The Lycanthropic form has multiple stages of transformation, depending on a variety of factors including the Lunar cycle, his level of control, to name a few. It can vary from a more literal form, in which he takes the appearance of a large wolf with Thick brown fur, matted with odd shades of maroon and reds. At other times, he can take on a form closer resembling that of the typical film Werewolf. Size varies in this form, depending on aforementioned points, but the main points remain the same. His bulk will rapidly increase; his face becomes that of a dog, with sharp teeth, strong claws and a physique that could cripple a Minotaur. The smallest he will be in this form is slightly over Ten foot tall, the size of a normal Werewolf’s peak, and his own peak being at least double this. He becomes a mountain of muscle and fur: retaining the same brown furs.

Sexual Preference: Bisexual, with a strong lean towards women.

Former Gang: Currently unaffiliated and Incarcerated: He ran a reasonably successful gang of his own for a while, close to 40 years ago: Until he was busted after a sting operation.

Gang Position: Both forms of Jack have variable roles to play. Capable as both a thinker and a do-er, Jack has a charming versatility. If you want a scientist, Jack’s human form works well with that, and if you want a Juggernaut of destruction, the beast is happy to oblige.

Weapon of Choice: Jack as a human is pretty mediocre as a fighter. He is skilled with small arms, able to blast holes at a far enough pace to be above the average cannon fodder, yet compared to the career criminals, he is a modest shot, to say the least. The same could be said for his close quarter combat skills: He is slightly above cannon fodder levels, but against a seasoned fighter: He’d be easy prey.

Yet the obvious advantage is Jack’s transformative state. A Lycanthrope has no need for any man-made weapons, since his natural weapons are so damn potent. His claws can rend through flesh and bone. His fists are like clubs, and his fangs are deadly to a point. He is strong, fast and dangerous. Offering normal opposition little chance of survival. Sadly though, control can quickly become an issue. And prolonged transformation can unleash ‘Hyde’.

Hyde is Jack’s second personality. Created during a freak incident prior to his self-induced transformation into the Lycanthropic monster that he is today, Hyde is the manifestation of Jack’s ID. His only purpose is to self-service in every way possible. Greed becomes a major habit, and Hyde will emanate unto what it desires. Be it food, flesh or the glory of the hunt. Hyde has far greater combat ability than Jack himself, but his uncontrollability can make him a liability. The only known way to pacify Hyde is through appeasement or, if given enough time, Internal enslavement. Long story short: when Hyde comes out, he’ll either get what he wants, or rampage around for a time until Jack comes to the fore.

Additional Skills:

-Scientific Mind: Jack was and has always remained a man of science.  Born into the industrial age, he was surrounded by progress and, at one point in his life, gave that progress life himself. His ageless self has kept up to date with the scientific processes of the modern world, and has adapted as such. He has skills with computers, the art of medicine and other sciences.

-Extraordinary Willpower: Dealing with Hyde, his second personality, Jack has had to bolster his willpower to a superhuman level. Combine that with dealing with the Full moon’s curse, and you have an ungodly amount of willpower inside Jack.

-Regeneration: One of his curses most renowned gifts, Jack has a great regenerative gift. If the wound is made by anything other than; Silver, Werewolf venom or wolf-bane , or if the ‘wounds’ leave him with less than 20% of his original tissue, then he can, over a period of time, regenerate his wounds. This might take anything from a few seconds to a few days, but it’s a daunting task to kill Jack Mason without extensive preparation.

Personality:  Jack is an oddity. At face value, he is slightly arrogant, fairly witty and more than a little self-centred. His desires are generally quite linear; food, alcohol, sex and power. He doesn’t appear to have much motivation. Yet when one delves a little deeper, Jack is an delightfully twisted contradiction, riddled with crippling personal issues and a few personality disorders that could easily get him sanctioned in a white jacket. Overall though, Jack is a reasonably lazy, witty person: He takes delight in showing off, especially to the people who interest him most.

Bio: Born before the dawn of technology, Jack Mason lived in an era of glorious industrial revolution, as a human. His life was normal and he had a certain talent for scientific arts. He was poised to lead the future of technology, especially revolving around the supernatural creatures that dominated so much of the world. He worked under one of the early incarnations of the light of dawn, working on a project long since lost to the worlds.
Sadly though, knowledge is power and, if any one group could gain more information than another: More power than another, the status quo would be misbalanced. Controlling the city and even more than that would be a much easier task. Eventually, the Brother's Fallen, the only group that could compete with the Light, decided that letting the Light have such an advantage wasn't quite in their best interest. A squad of hunters were sent to retrieve Jack's research...Along with Jack's head.

Sadly for the hunter demons though, Jack was less than a useless soul. He managed to escape death that day by purposefully injecting himself with the Lycanthropic gene. No one knows why, but the gene itself was incredibly potent, forging Jack into some unnatural alpha of the Lycanthropic kind. The demons were not prepared, nor were any other scientists, and Jack’s first transformation left a bloody trail throughout the facility. No one survived, except the newly corrupted Jack.

The Transformation left Jack in an interesting place. No longer human, and no longer fully in control, Jack fled the world’s sight for a century: Striving to gain some control over his form. He was fairly successful, and over that century, gained a fairly high loathing for the Brother’s fallen.
Jack made a home of Middle city, when the equilibrium of power amongst gangs was in a state of volatile shock. Gangs were forming and being crushed daily. And Jack made a name for himself with his own ‘pack’: A gang which went by the name ‘Smiling moon.’ Jack caused a lot of havoc, disturbing the equilibrium and shaking the foundations of Middle City’s underworld. His bias against the Brother’s Fallen became clear in his pack’s actions; Multiple raids on their business, multiple assassinations of the Brother’s key members, and a lot of turf wars. Sadly, like so many men, Jack was a creature of habit, and a creature of vice. He made common trips to a certain Maidenhood brothel and, sadly for him, it was used against him.

Being paid a sizable fortune, the Maidenhood worked with the Brother’s Fallen in an attempt to assassinate the wolf. Even to this day, rumours surround the events like fireflies; some say that Jack slaughtered more than twenty of the Brother’s finest assassins, and that he fucked his way through the entire brothel, and that he consumed more alcohol than most men do in a year that night. All that is known officially is that the assassination was a failure. Jack lived, but was arrested in the aftermath and thrown in jail for 50 years so far. Prison staff members say he is reported to have a ‘violent streak’, what this really means is that several assassination attempts whilst in prison have resulted in fatal failure for the would be assassins. To this day, Jack remains in Prison, destined; it seems, to rot for eternity, a warning and a matyr. With a hatred for the Brother's Fallen that can only be sated with blood.

Jack

Werewolf

Theme Song: Disturbed - The Animal [Official Music Video] (A rather easy one really)

Revenent

Jack Mason Redux - Approved

Very nice improvements, PP. I look forward to seeing Jack in action again.

Pink Professional

MzHyde

Holy crap that's a big werewolf. He may need to watch where he shape-shifts or he's going to get his head stuck in the ceiling.

Pink Professional

He is a clever cookie too!

well...mostly. Jackyl is clever anyway.

Pink Professional

-Double Post-

As a side note, I love both new characters. Interesting people are always cool. If we have all our characters being of this calabre, I'll be pretty damn happy.

Sadly though, Jack seems to be out of luck somewhat.

Healergirl

Lovely setting.  Everybody is in a gang, then?  It occurs to me that a mutually agreed safe ground for meetings and negotiation is useful, with an honest broker as middle(wo)man.   

A bar or road house would work.  Owned by somebody not terribly enthusiastic about the fact that her place has been chosen for such things, and keenly aware of what can happen to people caught in the middle when tempers flare.  But protection, real protection not just the scam?  Her place gets it.  And business is steady.  But when things break down and the gangs really go to war all bets might be off because well... she knows a few things about everybody, and nobody really wants her to tell such things to anybody.

Pink Professional

Interesting you should mention that. In the previous itteration, we had a bar controlled by an NPC, known as Lillith's Bar. The premise that an actual character could control the bar is pretty interesting actually. It obviously adds interesting dynamics in the form of relationships with characters, romancability, brib-ability (Not sure if actual word >_>)

I can't speak as a GM, but as a Roleplayer, I'd say that sounds like a fantastic idea!

Cold Heritage

I was thinking of a werebear, but do you think that steps on your toes, Pink Professional?
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

Pink Professional

I personally don't think it steps on toes. As long as it fills more than just 'I am mr Smashin' stuff'.

As long as the character is interesting, do whatever the hell you like!

AribethAmkiir

I thought all the characters were eventually going to join or form one gang?

MzHyde

*raises hand* Shizuru owns a bar. It is named, legally, 'a bar' because when she was filling out the paperwork she didn't care enough to come up with anything creative and so, under 'Name of Establishment:' she wrote 'a bar'. Colloquially it might be known as 'Shizuru's' or something, but it has no name as far as she's concerned. She's also old enough to know things about people, especially her customers. She's also old enough and has reputation enough to not be screwed with, so it might make a good neutral territory.

Pink Professional

They are, or will be. Yet the premise of Healer's character being the Bar owner in which the gang has a main hideout in makes her an effective part of the gang.

Revenent

(Advance apologies if I'm too brief or don't answer everybody with this reply. I'm posting from a phone at the moment.)

Actually, Pink, Lilith's Cave was owned by Marchosias (my character and the guy forming the guy, so our new folks know). It was the last bit of his property and information network that wasn't taken out by the Brothers.

I don't have a problem with it being someone else's bar or whatever that serves as the initial hideout, but it's going to have some pretty steep security demands (letting Marc secure the place with enchantments, putting Danny on guard, having Rixx around for information purposes, etc.).

Alternatively, he could just set up a small pocket realm in one of the back rooms and use that as a secret hideout.

Healergirl

Forget it.  My character conception is being directly poached by MzHyde, and I don't want to write with somebody like that.  I'm out.

Cold Heritage

Unless I missed something, MzHyde's character's been up, with the bar, hours before you posted in the thread.

Revenent

MzHyde

Um, I know you said not to discuss it, but let me just say my piece. Cold Heritage is right. I apologize if I made it sound like I was stealing ideas, but I'm not. I didn't mean for it to come across that way. I merely suggested that the meeting place be Shizuru's because she already owns a bar. You can see it mentioned right there in her bio posted in this topic. If you were in the old game and had that idea then I apologize 'cause I didn't read through all the old character profiles fully. It's just a misunderstanding, so there's no need to drop out. I hope this resolves the issue. :)

Revenent

Yeah, I thought it was about that, but since you had put that Shizuru's had a bar right in her bio, I just wanted to make sure there wasn't some other situation. And since Healer hasn't replied to my PM, I guess there's not.

No, MzHyde, she wasn't in the previous game, so don't worry, you're fine. Just an overreaction based on a jumped-to conclusion (not to sound too harsh toward Healer, it's just that ignoring PMs is a huge pet peeve of mine).

Anyway, approved folks, feel free to jump over to our OOC if you want to discuss ideas, as I want to keep this thread mostly contained to profile applications and questions from those interested. If you're not approved yet, but have an idea you need to discuss that's central to your character, you can jump over there as well.

Healergirl

Revenant, I have not received your PM.

And I accept that there was a misunderstanding to a degree.  But only to a degree, MzHyde's post smacks very strongly of me-tooism.

But with two players starting off on the wrong foot and her's being the older character,  it's best that I not play, I think.

MzHyde

Um, I wasn't. I was just trying to make a suggestion. No offense meant.  ???

Revenent

Healer, at first glance, I wasn't even aware your post was implying that you wanted to make the character to run such a bar; I just thought you were suggesting the sort of setting that would make a good hideout. So I can't blame Hyde for making that assumption as well and suggesting her own character, who has a bar. And since I hadn't even approved the concept of someone else's character owning the hideout, no one really has claim to that.

I really do wish you would reconsider, though. I'm sure MzHyde wouldn't mind giving your character the chance to run the hideout, and if you still feel they're too similar for your liking, there are plenty of other options for what to do with a character. This is a fantasy RP, after all.

Kaisude

I'm drawing a blank on a character, but I know it has something to do with a vampire male, gang or not gang related. I just a need some sort of direction. Nevermind I got one. :P

Cold Heritage

I couldn't make a werebear work without feeling like I was stomping all over PP, so I gave this a shot. I'm not entirely happy with it, either, but it's to the point now where I feel if I work it anymore it'll just get worse, not better.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Name: Adam Smith

Race: Masked Killer

Appearance: Adam is seven feet and four inches tall, and he weighs four hundred and twenty-seven pounds. There is none of it that is slack-bellied. He has broad shoulders and every inch of him is covered in thick, chorded musculature. His skin is very pale, and his pigmentation is fair in general. His hair is a shade of blond that no one will believe can be achieved without the aid of a bottle, and his eyes are a shade of blue so faint as to almost be colourless. Adam has high cheekbones, thin, pale pink lips, a broad jaw and wide chin. There are no obvious scars beyond the small, tiny ones a normal person accumulates during their lifetime. His hair is slicked up into a mohawk and the sides of his head are close-cropped.

Adam wears size twenty-five steel-toed boots that go up to mid-calf and are matte black in colour. He typically wears very loose cargo pants in a dark colour slung that ride just an inch below his waist. A white tank top is the top of choice for Adam, couple with a bullet-resistant vest. The colour of his top may change from day to day, but white predominates with grey as a close second. He wears black, fingerless gloves much of the time. Over his face he wears a mask. It is an off-white, almost bone colour. It is similar to an air-soft mask or an old-style goalie mask, and it is made of anti-ballistic ceramics. There is a mesh weave that hides and protects his eyes.

Sexual Preference: Heterosexual

Former Gang: The Brothers Fallen

Gang Position: A soldier.

Weapon of Choice: A steel rod with a rubber grip to form a handle on one end and razor wire wrapped around the business end.

Additional Skills:

-Mad Monk 2KXII: You can beat him, stab him, cut him, shoot him, blow him up, poison him, and Adam just keeps on coming. It still hurts, but that does not bother Adam that much. Along with this incredible robustness, Adam is preternaturally strong and seemingly indefatigable.

-Deathful: Even though Adam possesses an enormous resistance to damage on par with higher tier supernaturals, he can still die. He has died several times already. But he comes back. Sometimes his body will self-repair (if the damage is not too severe). Other times his body will simply disappear, and Adam will re-appear in another location (his bedroom, an alleyway, behind the people who killed him).  So far he has never resurrected anywhere outside the City limits. Hours, days, he will return. The longest thus far was seven days after being dismembered and his murderers dispersed to the four corners of the city.

Personality: Adam is a somber, introspective young man, much given to doubt. He has few moral compunctions, but these will not stop him from performing tasks he finds distasteful. The pleasures of the flesh do not motivate Adam as they do other men: food has no taste, liquor provides no escape, drugs no thrill, and the curve of a woman elicits no lust. His spirit  is unwilling, though flesh is strong and he can bring himself to violate a woman if it is asked of him, though he derives no pleasure from it. There is no spark of warmth inside Adam, no dreams for a better, kinder world. He does inflict pain because he wishes for his pain to be inflicted upon others; it is simply all he knows in this world, and has no inkling that there is anything else.

The mask is somewhat crucial to his activity. If it were destroyed, another would suffice. But without it he is listless and irresolute, unwilling to do much and without motivation.

Bio: The neighborhood that Adam was born and raised in belongs to the Brothers Fallen. As a boy, he ran messages and packages for the street-level Brothers. When he got older he took on more responsibilities, carrying a piece and getting involved in extorting protection money or petty thefts. He participated in a soul-eroding series of violent acts until he was as dead on the inside as a zombie was on the outside. The soul-stealers had no interest in the shriveled, wretched thing within Adam. He started wearing a mask at sixteen, and the one he wears now is not the one he wore then.

Adam broke away from the Brothers Fallen when he ran afoul of a necromancer who consumed the souls of underlings to fuel his longevity. Adam had no soul to steal, and took umbrage at the necromancer's presumption. The fire he set in a very sumptuous penthouse, and the fifty-odd corpses he left, made the 6 o'clock news, although Adam was no identified as the perpetrator and so his fifteen minutes of fame were ascribed to an unknown psychopath. The Brothers sent men to take revenge for this act, and they believed that it was over after Adam was tortured for 73 hours, dismembered, and his remains scattered to the four corners of the city. His killers then died over a period of four weeks after Adam died, torn apart by bare hands.

He was recruited into the Gang some time afterwards, picked up as muscle along with a bunch of other guys who fancied themselves hard men. They are dead now - they were not as hard as they fancied themselves.

Theme Song (optional): Kick Ass Score Track 21 Big Daddy Kills

Healergirl

Revenant,

I gave a thumbnail sketch of the character motivation and attitude in my post, but yes, I was not as clear as I should have been. 

As to what MzHyde did:  Piping up that she had a bar and her character was a logical choice for Knowing Things about people.  And not saying that she was offering a base of operations or other help for my character.  If that can't be read as an attempt to elbow someone out of a position, I'm tempted to ask you how you would write such a thingl

This is an apology to MzHyde:

Intent is the key.  And after reading your PM,  I don't think that you intended to crowd me out.  I'm sorry for that, and I should have raised my concerns with you by PM, not detonated and gone public until I was sure what you had in mind.

CarnivorousBunny

Holy cow, I am so in! Are you guys still looking for characters?

There are WAY too many possibilities! 

I'm considering making a Mananangal, which is a Filipino version of a vampire.  Like a werewolf she has two forms, her human disguise and then her true form, which is a torso with wings.  While in her true form she is stealthy, powerful and frightening, but her lower half can be stolen.  Without her lower half, she will die when exposed to the sun.  While in human form she has next to no powers, but she cannot be killed; making her a fantastic spy, assasin or scout.
But a character like this will be a full-on support character.  Compared to the profiles I've seen she will be over powered quite quickly.

Hmm is there any sort of character you guys would like to have, or need right now?  It might be easier for me to focus if I knew what the game needed right now.

third edit: Screw it, I can't wait.  I'm making a character now *___*
my  o&o and a&a
Current Status: Back on E, but still busy.
Sworn to the Oath of the Drake.

MzHyde

It's totally okay Healie. Welcome back!

I love Cold Heritage's character concept of the Voorhees-like slasher character too. That's pretty cool.

TaurusBeresford

I wouldn't mind including a character that has been a vetenarian and through some bizarre accident involving a bovine, became a living minotaur, who has been captured by one of the gangs to use his abilities on their people as a makeshift doctor. He could even have a natrual healing talent that speed healing that he is quite unaware of happening.
I would give [you] the answer if I could, but I be a simple bull, and no bull anywhere has ever given a 'straight' answer!

The Tail of the Tauren

CarnivorousBunny

There will be some editing done for sure.  I really need to go to bed right now, so I rushed the personality and the bio.  I hope you like her. :P

Dumaya
Name: Dumaya

Race: Sigbin, a shadow vampire from the East.

Appearance: Dumaya is not exceptionally tall or intimidating.  Standing at a below average height of 5'3, Dumaya seems to look up to everyone except the dwarves, and her body is very small and petite.  Despite this, there is something very unsettling about her.  Perhaps its her vacant, crazed eyes, her impish grin, or the smell of rotting blood in her breath, but not many like to stay in her presence very long.
Her skin is dark, like smokey quartz, and her hair is even darker like onyx.  Her eyes are a deep, dark brown.  She has retractable claws that can extend to about four inches, and a tail tipped with a heavy blade-like appendage that she swings around as if it was a yo-yo.
In the rare times when Dumaya is out in the day, her form seems to be more ethereal, and every now and then there seems to be a subtly, uncomfortable shifting in her very shape. While the sun does not physically hurt her, light is simply not her natural habitat and her body has a hard time adjusting to it.

Dumaya wears whatever is given to her, she does not care how she looks.  The Unleashed provided her with light and incredibly durable armor; she is not one of those beasts that can regenerate or heal at unnatural rates.

Sexual Preference: Heterosexual

Former Gang: The Unleashed.

Gang Position: From her very first day Dumaya established herself as thee number one drugrunner and an indispensable assassin.  Her ability to manipulate shadows makes her an incredibly capable at these jobs night.  She is sometimes used as a spy, but she's not nearly as clever as she should be to make this a regular job.

Weapon of Choice: While Dumaya's bladed whip-like tail and poison tipped claws are more than enough, she always likes to have a few aces up her sleeve.  She always has at least one concealed vial of some new drug or poison. 

Additional Skills:
Shadow Walking: Dumaya can use shadows as portals; she just has to know exactly where she is going.

Poison Gas Cloud: While not necessarily lethal (unless exposed to for long periods of time), it stinks (unbearably so!) and burns one's skin and eyes.  She claims that the source of the stench comes from the fear, anger and resentment in her victims' blood, even those from 200-300 years ago.

Invisibility: As long as it is dark, Dumaya can shroud herself completely within the darkness, disappearing from sight.

Personality: "Ignorance is bliss", and Dumaya is the living embodiment of that statement.  A little dull, and plenty ignorant, she always has a smile on her face.  Having been a familiar for more than fifty percent of her life, she has had no real goals for herself other than to have fun.  Luckily, she enjoys pleasing those she admires, and she derives perverse pleasure from killing and fighting.

Bio: Dumaya was bonded to a witch who traveled to Middle City around 50-80 years ago. It was ignorance that killed the witch as she wandered in to the territory of the Gravediggers.  Luckily the tunnels had enough shadows to allow Dayuma to escape with her life.
After weeks alone, confused and scared in a strange place, Dayuma grew weak, and eventually reverted to her animal form to conserve energy.  After that rumors spread of a strange, exotic, blood drinking animal was wandering the streets.  The killing were random, there seemed to be no connection between the victims, other than massive blood loss.  This beast was obviously unaffiliated, and dangerous.
Some gangs, such as The Striders and The Unleashed sent people to investigate.
A dead elf and several wounded warriors later, intel missions soon became hunts. 

It may have been luck or fate, but the team sent by The Unleashed had a creature from the east as well, a Tikbalang.  When they found Dumaya, the Tikbalang saw her potential use.  It was easy to catch Dumaya's attention and get her to listen; all the Tikbalang needed to do was greet her in their native tongue.  They were able to bring her back to their headquarters with everyone unharmed.

Thankful to be taken care of and of use again, Dumaya served The Unleashed with blind loyalty and fearless determination.  In only a matter of months she established herself an indispensable tool to her gang, and she cultivated and deep friendship with Sandata, the Tikbalang that found her. She was happy for half a decade, but then tragedy struck.
A year ago, Sandata was framed and killed without any proper investigation.  He was executed as an example before her eyes, and many others.  Ever since then Dumaya has been less than enthusiastic about serving The Unleashed, but she feels she doesn't have any other place to go.

Theme Song (optional): Saeed by Infected Mushrooms

Dumaya

credit for the image goes to Matoel Grande.
Animal Form

credit for the image goes to rcmtrue.
my  o&o and a&a

Revenent

Adam Smith - Approved

The idea of a supernatural slasher-type character isn't something I would have come up with, Heritage. Very neat idea.

Dumaya - Approved

I like her a lot, but keep in mind she has to have some excuse to come to the recruitment of our new gang, unless you want her to stick with the Unleashed at first (keeping in mind how this would limit your interaction, probably).

Quote from: Kaisude on August 18, 2012, 01:58:55 AM
I'm drawing a blank on a character, but I know it has something to do with a vampire male, gang or not gang related. I just a need some sort of direction. Nevermind I got one. :P

Looking forward to it. ;D

Quote from: TaurusBeresford on August 18, 2012, 11:38:30 AM
I wouldn't mind including a character that has been a vetenarian and through some bizarre accident involving a bovine, became a living minotaur, who has been captured by one of the gangs to use his abilities on their people as a makeshift doctor. He could even have a natrual healing talent that speed healing that he is quite unaware of happening.

Works for me. We could always use more support-types.

Lycan Queen

I've been looking at this thread with interest, and I have a few character ideas. However, is there a gender imbalance right now? Or do you need a specific race represented? This will help me decide who I use.

TaurusBeresford

•   Name:  Taurus Beresford (since it's going to be a new character might as well use what I normally use.)
  •   Race: Formerly human, now he is some kind of crossbred Minotaur type.
  •   Appearance: He is not exceptionally skinny, as he used to work out regularly at the local gym, but he isn't overly muscle built either. He retained his dark brown hair on top of his head, though it stays quite mussed up as the shape of his head no longer supports traditional hairstyles. He gained fur over his whole body which is colored consistently with the bovine he was somehow fused with when he was a human.
  •   Sexual Preference He had been married before his accident, but having been shunned from his previous existence he is now exploring "other" options.
  •   Former gang He doesn't really have one, as he was typically allowed limited free range to do his job.
  •   Gang Position: He will be viewed as a healer of wherever he ends up being a part.
  •   Weapons He is capable, if cornered, to use his scalpels and various other instruments as precision strikes to important areas of a body when necessary.
  •   Additional Skills: He has a healing touch that, unbeknownst to himself, is capable of making wounds heal at twice the normal speed, or for that matter degrade at the same speed if technique used was for harm. He also is an expert at anatomy and knows where everything should be on most normal beings.
  •   Personality: If given a reason other than personal harm, he will generally try to help anyone who needs his services. If he feels protected by a group of people he will have a sense of loyalty to them, so long as he doesn't feel forced to do things or else. If he feels threatened, he is likely to cause an unseen harm in the person(s) he is near during the ordeal.
  •   Bio: He grew up in a rural town, and went to a college to learn all that there was about being a veterinarian. However, at some point a weird accident happened on a farm where he was vaccinating cattle. A huge explosion cause both the cow he was working on and himself to be heavily damaged, and that is when his healing ability began. The problem was that, he didn't know how to use it yet, and parts of the cow that were on him began to repair on him along with his regular body, the end result was a combined dna that over time forced his body to develop into his current state. He was shunned from his previous location because of it, and he had been a wanderer for a few years until he came accros this large city with weird creatures. He eventually tresspassed on (x) gangs land and upon inspection of his bag, they figured him to be a doctor.
  •   Theme If desired, one could probably think of the theme from House, M.D.
I would give [you] the answer if I could, but I be a simple bull, and no bull anywhere has ever given a 'straight' answer!

The Tail of the Tauren

Roxy Rocket

Quote from: Lycan Queen on August 18, 2012, 02:04:25 PM
I've been looking at this thread with interest, and I have a few character ideas. However, is there a gender imbalance right now? Or do you need a specific race represented? This will help me decide who I use.

I'm in the same boat. I know a little urban fantasy but if someone wants to make some suggestions about what's needed in the group dynamic I'm all ears and a bit of nose even.

Of course, you might be full up. Ho hum if so.

MzHyde

Revenent

Quote from: Lycan Queen on August 18, 2012, 02:04:25 PM

Gender imbalance? Not especially, though it's hard to say while I wait for the pre-reboot people to make it clear eho's still taking part (some of them have responded in PMs, but have not as of yet gone beyond that). Just make whatever you feel like, and we'll make it work. As for races, I'm pretty sure last time it was mostly demons, fairies, and elementals, though we did have an elf, a centaur, a satyr, and some others. I don't think we had much representation for the classical races like dwarves, elves, or orcs (or humans), but I don't want to stifle creativity. I would suggest just doing something you haven't seen anyone else do yet, and you'll be fine.

Quote from: Roxy Rocket on August 18, 2012, 02:56:29 PM
I'm in the same boat. I know a little urban fantasy but if someone wants to make some suggestions about what's needed in the group dynamic I'm all ears and a bit of nose even.

Of course, you might be full up. Ho hum if so.

We're not full yet. I'll keep it open a bit longer. :-)

Taurus Beresford - Approved

Huh, your character and username's last name is the name of my street. O_o Just noticed that.

TaurusBeresford

Lol, it's the name i chose when  creating my second life character. It was one of the choices i could pick from. the breed is hereford, so it was a close match.

The Tail of the Tauren

Roxy Rocket

AribethAmkiir

Might need to work on some things.

Ariel Al'kiir

Name: Ariel Al’kiir

Race: Angel

Appearance: Ariel is a divine beauty who appears to be in her mid-twenties.  Ariel has gone to great lengths to meld her appearance into an appealing persona for those she has to interact with.  Brown hair, blue eyes, and tanned Caucasian skin allow her to pass for nearly human.  Of course, there’s little she can do to dull her aura which draws the eye and grants her an exotic, otherworldly, look.  While her white wings are ever present, she can make them invisible and intangible at will, hence allowing her to wear normal humanoid attire.  Ariel leans toward bright solid colors, such as white or pale blues, and dresses most frequently in a woman’s tailored business suit (formfitting slacks, low-cut blouse, and jacket), with inch high dress shoes.  Her brown hair, which falls to the middle of her back, is typically tied into a ponytail or up in a bun.

Sexual Preference: Someone who is redeemable. 

Former Gang: The Light of Dawn

Gang Position: Ariel has served as a soldier, strategist, and ambassador in the Light of Dawn.

Weapon of Choice: Though quite capable in battle, Ariel prefers to resolve disputes with words and not bloodshed, even demonic blood, unless she has to. It’s a preference which stems from a belief that all life is precious.  If she must fight, she prefers to get in close using a divine broadsword created by holy light.  She’s also known to carry a silver plated Berretta which is believed to be mostly for show and very few actually know how accurate she is with it.

Additional Skills: Like all angels, Ariel is capable of healing the wounds of others with spirit energy (or magic).  Having, quite literally, a voice of an angel it is quite difficult (but not impossible) to ignore what she has to say.  She possesses divine strength and durability.  Further, she can see into the soul of a person and know if they’re simply misguided or truly evil. 

Personality: Naturally kind, compassionate and caring, Ariel has had to learn to be guarded, jaded, and untrusting in order to survive life in middle city.  She has slowly learned to turn a blind eye to corruption and even embrace it, at times, as a necessary evil (something that grates against her conscious).

Bio: Ariel was assigned to Middle City only a few short years ago, after she ruffled the feathers of the wrong angel.  At first, she thought Middle city to be a worthy goal, a place where good was actually winning over evil and corruption.  She was taken in like so many were by the outer appearance of The Light of Dawn and eagerly worked to further their goals and ambition.  It didn’t take long, however, for Ariel to discover that things weren’t as shiny as it appeared.

Since then, she has slowly compiled evidence against her fellow angels and is waiting for a time to be able to present her findings to a higher court.  Passage from the earthly realm, however, is limited, controlled, and restricted by the powers that be within The Light of Dawn.

Forced to wait and bide her time, she’s kept an eye out for people who could help her ultimately tear down the Light of Dawn.  She has made a few friends, mostly amongst the unaffiliated who she watches over like a Guardian Angel.

Theme Song (optional): None

-fixed

CarnivorousBunny

Quote from: Roxy Rocket on August 18, 2012, 07:40:26 PM
Hmm.

I don't think I'll join after all.

What made you change your mind?

Quote from: Revenent on August 18, 2012, 01:23:12 PM
Dumaya - Approved

I like her a lot, but keep in mind she has to have some excuse to come to the recruitment of our new gang, unless you want her to stick with the Unleashed at first (keeping in mind how this would limit your interaction, probably).

She isn't really bound to anybody, so as long as she can be convinced that, 1, there will be more fun on the other side, and, 2, her new boss(es) would be more superior than her current gang's, she'll be glad to change sides.

edit: I could also have The Unleashed off her Tikbalang friend unjustly, which shakes her loyalty to them.  There are many ways to have make Dumaya leave.  It won't be a problem :)
my  o&o and a&a

Cold Heritage

Nice character, Aribeth! I am happy to see you interested in this game, and hope you get approved.  :-)

Revenent

Ariel Al'kiir - Approved

Though it is actually "Light of Dawn," dear. ;)

Quote from: Roxy Rocket on August 18, 2012, 07:40:26 PM
Hmm.

I don't think I'll join after all.

I am also interested in knowing why. You kind of owe us a reason, now.

AribethAmkiir

I'll edit.  Not sure how I mixed that up.  Too many things going on at once, maybe.

Chaosfox

SO I read through your story or read the recruitment thread this looks interesting is it still open by any chance ?
There is no Order only Chaos and all the joys that it brings. 
This way too On's and Off's

Thorn14

CarnivorousBunny

Quote from: Chaosfox on August 19, 2012, 01:30:32 AM
SO I read through your story or read the recruitment thread this looks interesting is it still open by any chance ?

I think so.  Reverent has said nothing about closing the recruitment any time soon, plus there seems to be an imbalance between male and female characters.
my  o&o and a&a

Chaosfox

Ok I will Have a character sheet up Monday at the latest.  Have a couple of ideas rolling around my head right now.

Roxy Rocket

Re: Roxy's Reasons

Oh, you know. Too lazy to piece together the setting from old posts and I can't come up with the same type of characters.

Revenent

Quote from: Chaosfox on August 19, 2012, 01:30:32 AM
Quote from: Chaosfox on August 19, 2012, 02:10:25 AM
Ok I will Have a character sheet up Monday at the latest.  Have a couple of ideas rolling around my head right now.

Yep, though I may close it soon. Anyone who's already read the thread and been interested (even if they only lurked) before I close it can still make a character, though. Don't feel the need to rush, though. I'm still waiting to hear from some of our old players.

Quote from: Thorn14 on August 19, 2012, 01:46:16 AM
This does sound neat.

Are human mages okay?

Of course! I was actually hoping we might get at least one human, since they seem like such a novelty now. :-)

Quote from: Roxy Rocket on August 19, 2012, 06:56:17 AM
Re: Roxy's Reasons

Oh, you know. Too lazy to piece together the setting from old posts and I can't come up with the same type of characters.

Don't worry about the old posts or characters. The setting (or tone, at least) is mostly crafted by the players, and with such a large amount of new people, I doubt it'll be exactly the same this time around.

TaurusBeresford

heh, my character used to be human, isn't now, but I usually do not like playing human types, it's too much like reality most of the time. I get easily tired of content that is mostly sexual in nature. character development and interaction in the daily lives strikes my interest much more, heh.

The Tail of the Tauren

Healergirl

A character proposal:

Name: Carol Neathawk 

Race:Human

Appearance:  Tall brunette with short hair, athletic build, small bosom - looks downright flat-chested unless nude.  Typically wears a t-shirt of assorted colors with a light leather jacket, jeans, and hiking shoes with very sturdy soles that give her a good footing on whatever ground she is on.  She is always armed.

Sexual Preference: She doesn't talk about it

Former Gang: Undercover police operative. 

Gang Position:  Recently flipped to the side of the crew.  She may or may not be happy about this. 

Weapon of Choice:Handcuffs, a locking folding knife, a .380 automatic holstered at various places on her body as the mood strikes her.  She has friends in the armory, contacts with gunsmiths.  She carries unusual loads in her weapon as a matter of course.

Additional Skills: Superior investigation skills, a good liar, a good interrogater in that she has a feel for when people - defined very broadly - are lying to her.

Personality:  Professional in her approach to the job and a good attention to detail.  A bit moody, one gets a strong sense that her current associates are not her first choice of those she would associate with. 

Bio:  Much of her record is sealed, but she has, in the circles of those who know what she is, a reputation for going to very long lengths to get the job done  She is not a female Dirty Harry, she dislikes killiing intensely.  Kiling other humans, at least.  Of late, she has begun moving in circles the other players are familiar with, and some of the people they know do seem to be benefiting from knowing her.

Theme Song (optional): The Night Chicago Died  Paper Lace - The Night Chicago Died (Live) 

Revenent

Carol Neathawk - Approved

Very neat idea, which could be of great use to the plot later on down the line. Feel free to move her to the character thread at your earliest convenience.

Chaosfox

Here is My Character and for future reference and because I have forgotten how to do it How do you Change the  Wording on the Spoiler ar that you click to show whats there?

Name: Damon Wright The III

Race:Vampire

Appearance:

Sexual Preference: BI

Gang Position: Spy/Hitman

Weapon of Choice: Whatever he can lay his hands on though he hi best known for his handy work with blades particularly daggers and throwing knives . He always has Two throwing knives hidden on him and a long dagger that is sheathed in his boot.

Additional Skills: Lock picking, Poison usage, stealthy movement, forgery, disguises, climbing, acrobatics, and acting.
Personality:

Bio: Damon was just a regular hit man (assassin is probably better term for that time period though)  who was given a target that he did not realize would change his life. The target in question turned out to be a vampire and because Damon had been so crafty in the attempt instead of having him killed Damon was turned instead.   Soon after he was turned he Joined up with The Brother Fallen where his skills as but a hit man and spy only increased.  For over 6 Centuries worked for the gang killing targets that he was given and keeping his own leaders alive at one point he was in charge of his own squad of killers and spies. Finally shortly before his 700th birth day he had a dispute with the guild leaders and left the guild  to become a hired sword. Since then Damon has mad living doing odd jobs even though most of the other guilds had a price on his head when they heard he was a hirable agent they all took there bounties off and since then he has done jobs for all guilds though he hates working for his old guild but still will take their money if they want to hire him. 
Theme Song (optional): I will do this but I may wait till I play my character some.

Revenent

Like this.

[spoiler=What you want the clicky part to say]Blah blah blah[/spoiler]

Two things:

1. Obviously, you need to fill out the Personality section.

2. Middle City hasn't been around for 800 years, let alone the Brothers Fallen.

Fix those, and you should be golden.

Also, as some of you may have noticed, I'm closing this thread for now, under the same conditions that I stated before (which I put in the original post). If you were reading the thread before this post goes up, you're still eligible.

Chaosfox

I will get on that as soon as I can  THough can I get a time fram on how long they have ben around cant seem to find one.

Revenent

Well, the city's probably only been around for two and a half or three centuries, so I would imagine they would only be around for a hundred years or so at the most. They aren't the first demon mafia to show up, and they won't be the last.

Chaosfox

Here hope this works better if my math is wrong on my time line IM a little tired so tell me if it seems funky and I'll fix it lol

Name: Damon Wright The III

Race:Vampire

Appearance:
Damon

Sexual Preference: BI

Gang Position: Spy/Hitman

Weapon of Choice: Whatever he can lay his hands on though he hi best known for his handy work with blades particularly daggers and throwing knives . He always has Two throwing knives hidden on him and a long dagger that is sheathed in his boot.

Additional Skills: Lock picking, Poison usage, stealthy movement, forgery, disguises, climbing, acrobatics, and acting.
Personality:  Damon is the quiet sort and he does not make friends easily and usually keeps to himself unless he is discussing business with someone.  Though he is not a people person he can still be quite charming and is very cunning as he has had to use both the skills to keep alive in his life.  Damon also tends to be a little chaotic in his decisions and does not tend to care for rules laws and regulations.

Bio: Damon was just a regular hit man  who was given a target that he did not realize would change his life. The target in question turned out to be a vampire and because Damon had been so crafty in the attempt instead of having him killed Damon was turned instead.  For the  next  75 years he worked for the vampire who turned him as both a hit man and spy keeping tabs on his masters enemies and killing those his master deemed a threat.   Finally his own master was killed and Damon was able to escape and go in to hiding for 5 year he worked as a free agent till joing up with The Brothers Fallen.
For the past 45 years Damon has been a faithful follower to his guild and has been one of their top hit men until recently.  He is not sure why but he has grown dissatisfied with The Brother s Fallen and has once again gone into hiding and working as a freelance Hit man  though  most of his jobs still seem to come from his former guild.

Theme Song (optional): I will do this but I may wait till I play my character some. 

Revenent

Looks good.

Damon Wright III - Approved

I'll work on getting everything sorted and started these next few days, so anyone still working on their character should have a little time.

Trafalgar

Forgive the rushed bio :S

Name: Berenger "The Hatchet" Zharkov

Race: Human

Appearance:

Underneath the mask is a mutilated face, created from accidents in the butchers shop and fights in the blood pits under the city. His body is covered in mysterious tattoo's some portraying holy idols and other belittling politics.
Berenger is never without a cigarette and/or some form of narcotic.

Sexual Preference:
Heterosexual

Former Gang:
Independent

Gang Position:
Pimp and soldier

Weapon of Choice:
A hatchet with a blade made of obsidian
Beretta 93R "Auto 9"

Additional Skills:
Businessman- pimping out whores isn't an easy business, Berenger keeps tracks on all of his girls new and old, bestial or angelic. His pockets gush with cash, funding his brothel's all around the city and paying for his own necessities.

Brawler- Berenger is a living tank, he once stood for five rounds with a Minotaur before finally snapping off the beasts horns and placing them inside it's rectum. He can take punishment and can push his body past the limits of an ordinary mortal, only after being "blessed" of course. Most people underestimate his fighting prowess as he wears a suit and sits behind a desk most of the time.

Butcher- Contrary to most people's thoughts on Berenger, this pimp was once a butcher, owning his own meat house on Rockway Avenue. He knows the anatomy of anyone and anything, and puts it into practice when one of his girls does not cooperate.

Personality:
Berenger is a greedy man, only caring for himself and not caring how many people he has to chop up to get it all. If he has cares it his for his daughter, Larisa, a seven year old girl who knows nothing of her fathers work. To him people are a commodity to be rented to the hungry masses of the city, you find good stock, let the clients have a free ride and see if they come back for more... which they always do. Any of his girls or men step out of line they get a brief visit from Berenger's fist, the second time they lose a few teeth, three strikes and they start losing body parts. Berenger does not stand for failure if it hinders his own income.

Bio:
His father a heroine addict (soon murdered after Berenger's conception) and his mother a hooker, Berenger was popped out of his mother prematurely and dumped in the trash cans behind a butcher shop. When the owner of the shop came outside to search for rats to chop up, he found this young runt screeching for attention, the butcher at first ignored him but gave up after two weeks of the child's relentless shouts. Such determination to be heard astounded the butcher and instead of chopping Berenger, he named the babe and raised him as a son. Berenger spent his junior years as a butchers apprentice and money counter, sorting out the shops finances while his adoptive father got drunk and beat up his wife. As a teen Berenger started his rise as a pimp, when walking his girlfriend home a group of werewolves hustled the pair and jokingly said "I'll give you a fiver if you let me have your girl!", Berenger turned and simply replied; "Make it fifteen and you can cum inside her". He threw his girlfriend to the pack and received the money and went home, returning to the site to pick up his crying girlfriend and renting her to another group of horny teenagers.

Berenger also took part in pit fights at night, earning himself extra money to pay for more whores and meet new clients who would want his services. As the years went by Berenger became a notorious business man, his girls were the best stock from all different species and backgrounds. He has become both feared an loved by his girls, who receive the best treatment and the most horrific punishment for crossing "The Hacthet". His now deceased girlfriend has also given him a child who he keeps locked up in his private housing along the outskirts of the city.

Theme Song (optional): Kanye West & Jay Z (Ft. Frank Ocean) - No Church in the Wild
Oh bliss! Bliss and heaven! Oh, it was gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh. It was like a bird of rarest-spun heaven metal or like silvery wine flowing in a spaceship, gravity all nonsense now. As I slooshied, I knew such lovely pictures!

Revenent

Berenger "The Hatchet" Zharkov - Approved

If you want to put a Youtube video in a post, just post the URL. The site embeds the video automatically.

Trafalgar

Oh bliss! Bliss and heaven! Oh, it was gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh. It was like a bird of rarest-spun heaven metal or like silvery wine flowing in a spaceship, gravity all nonsense now. As I slooshied, I knew such lovely pictures!

CarnivorousBunny

my  o&o and a&a

MzHyde

Ironwolf85

I just posted my old one, I'm thinking of going a bit more low key, a post a day basicly.
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

Trafalgar

Healergirl

Trafalgar's character does have weaknesses, a very well done bit of work.

His character is also one very scary-looking SOB.  Can't wait to meet him IC.

persephone325

Quote from: Revenent on August 19, 2012, 04:46:04 PM
Like this.

[spoiler=What you want the clicky part to say]Blah blah blah[/spoiler]

Two things:

1. Obviously, you need to fill out the Personality section.

2. Middle City hasn't been around for 800 years, let alone the Brothers Fallen.

Fix those, and you should be golden.

Also, as some of you may have noticed, I'm closing this thread for now, under the same conditions that I stated before (which I put in the original post). If you were reading the thread before this post goes up, you're still eligible.

I'm still interested, but might join at a later date if possible. If I'm not allowed, I understand.
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Revenent

Quote from: persephone325 on August 21, 2012, 08:06:39 AM
I'm still interested, but might join at a later date if possible. If I'm not allowed, I understand.

That's fine. If you're joining later, just send me a PM with your character app whenever you're ready.

persephone325

Quote from: Revenent on August 21, 2012, 09:30:43 AM
That's fine. If you're joining later, just send me a PM with your character app whenever you're ready.

Okey-dokey. Thanks a bunch. :)
I don't know.

Trafalgar

Quote from: Healergirl on August 21, 2012, 07:58:49 AM
Trafalgar's character does have weaknesses, a very well done bit of work.

His character is also one very scary-looking SOB.  Can't wait to meet him IC.

Anybody touches Berenger's daughter then they risk a trip to the butchers shop.
Cannot wait to get stuck in though!!!!

Kaisude

Hey guys kind of lack the ability to type properly in my left hand. So i will be away for some time.

CarnivorousBunny

Quote from: Kaisude on August 21, 2012, 10:29:06 AM
Hey guys kind of lack the ability to type properly in my left hand. So i will be away for some time.
:0
Hope you get better soon!

@Everyone else: I'm excited to see how everyone interacts with each other.  As a whole the cast is very interesting as well :)
my  o&o and a&a

Revenent

Gehenna (Gang HQ)

Our brand new IC headquarters is up. Introduce yourself and interact as much as you want, and I'll try to get things rolling quicker this time around.

Try not to nearly kill the other patrons this time around.

Revenent

We're opening up again! As the title says, we can use a couple more females, though I'm trying to keep the group a bit smaller now. Post quickly if you're interested (and are a reliable poster).

FallenFeather

Revenent

Cool! ;D I was worried I wouldn't get the couple more people we needed, which is a surprise, since the initial round of recruitment was so booming.

Lithium

Hi Revenent, do you think that you could post a list of which characters are still in, please? It'll help me decide if I want to join (probably do), and avoid making a redundant character.

Revenent

To my knowledge, the ones still with us are:

Marchosias (obviously)
Jack Mason
Ariel Al'kiir
Adam Smith (possibly)
Taurus Beresford (possibly)
Ayr Fairfang
Rutilus

So we definitely need a few females to even things out.

FallenFeather

I couldn't decide on a character, so I made two. Go ahead and choose one >v<

One
Name: Clarissa Rue Langford

Race: Black Dragon

Appearance:
Human:
Without the horns and tail if hiding. Also, usually clothed in various attired.
Half:
The woman. Also, just to show form. Mix human and dragon to see features such as color and face and tail and wings and horns, etc.
Dragon:

Sexual Preference: Any and all

Former Gang: None

Gang Position: Rue is a freelancer out for only herself.

Weapon of Choice: Rue prefers to let others do the fighting. However, she is fully capable with far above average human strength, on parallel with the brutish creatures.
Claws: Rue can transform any part of her body including her claws, which can slice through steel.
Tail: Rue’s tail, even in its half form can smash boulders with over a ton of force.
Blades: Despite her hatred for them, Rue can handle a blade very easily, though she prefers lighter swords and daggers.
Death Magic: Like all dragons, Rue can use magic to her element: death. Rue has the ability to use death magic, meaning incurring disease and rot. Weaker targets will rot within a span of a few seconds, while stronger targets, Rue can only target a certain area and not completely dead.
Elemental Magic: As a Black, and higher dragon, Rue is capable of using lesser dragons’ elemental magic, such as Water (healing/protection), Earth (protection), Wind(boosts/over time damage), Lightning(sudden high damage), and Fire (sudden damage and then burning). However, these elements are a lot lower in skill than one of that type.

Additional Skills: Rue uses her wit and cunning to get through situations. She is an extremely capable talker and diplomat.
White Magic: White Magic, or life magic, can heal and even bring lesser things back to life. However, as the opposite element, Rue’s white magic is incredibly weak and she prefers to use water magic to heal.

Personality: Clarissa is cunning to the point that no one really knows who she is. She can smile or cry at will, a superb actress. Long ago she had learned to hide her real emotions. Since she had emerged into life on her own, her fellow clutch members eaten or otherwise killed and parents nowhere to be seen, Rue has learned that the world is a cruel place and deserves no kindness since it returns none. Never has anyone truly gotten close to her, though she pretends to allow them only while their purpose lasts. Many of her associates theorize that though she has a cold exterior, there is a warm loving person within. So far they've all been proven wrong and Rue swears that she'll never be truly nice to anyone.

Bio: Rue goes wherever life takes her. She was born alone. Dragons lay eggs in clutches of about ten. However, when she hatched, she was alone. All other eggs were destroyed, or perhaps hatched already. Her parents were nowhere in sight. Clarissa was forced to fend for herself. Dragons have always been feared creatures, up there with demons. Rue was forced to hide among the humans in order to not die. There was this one brothel keeper that had taken her in. She felt like she had a family then.  The girls in the brothel treated Rue like their little sister, while the keeper treated her like a daughter. Rue was happy. However, one night, the brothel caught fire. Rue searched through the building only to find the keeper trapped under a beam. In order to save the woman, Rue partly transformed to lift the beam. Once free, instead of thanking Rue, the keeper backed away quickly, screaming. She kept trying to put as much distance between Rue and herself as she could, even if it meant stepping into the flames. On fire, the keeper cursed Rue’s existence, calling her a demon and a monster.

Rue’s emotions were mixed. To have had a loving family just hours before, to being called a monster by a woman she considered a mother.  The girl decided to never let humans into her life ever again, deciding that the only one she could count on was herself.

Centuries later and Rue found herself in Middle City. At this point in time, humans had become accustomed to the fantastical. Vampires and werewolves walked among man when before they were hunted. Demons and angels crossed each other’s paths. One would think that Rue would have gotten over her issue with humanity at this point, but it hardened her even more to the world.

Theme Song (optional): Soon to come.

Two
Name: Lilliana Vess

Race: Demoness

Appearance:
Human:
Demon:

Sexual Preference: Unknown.

Gang Position: Vess was an assassin. A very good assassin. There was never a target that had ever managed to escape her.

Weapon of Choice:
Weapons: Vess is trained to use every weapon available: from dirk to great axe to gun. Her preferences are an assassin’s blade, which is something between a dagger and sword. She usually dual wields said blade in one hand and a dagger in another.
Shadows: Lilliana can make shadows materialize and solidify. The shadows can become mists to hide in or unbreakable tendrils to hold down a target.

Additional Skills:
Alchemy: Vess’s poisons and potions are top notch and sell for a small fortune. She’s the best of the best.
Stealth: Due to her position as assassin, Vess can completely erase her presence. Not even a werewolf could smell her, nor a neko hear her. Very few and extremely powerful beings could figure out she’s there, and even there not quite an exact position.
Speed: Only the quickest races can outrace her. Her movements are a blur to all those but the trained.
Flight: The assassin has a great pair of wings on her back. They allow her powerful and quick flight.

Personality: Vess thinks before she acts, though she rarely does act. Everything has to be timed perfectly for her. The demoness calculates everything around her at an unnerving pace. She's always been a woman of few, but awing words. Despite being more on the quiet side, Vess is extremely stubborn, selfish, and proud. Everything is about her and only her goals are important. Even in her human life, everything was to make her own life better. She absolutely refuses to take orders from others, even if it usually means it would get her into trouble, which of course it has on multiple occasions. Vess is extremely straight forward, almost to a point of being blunt, and has absolutely no humor whatsoever, though is exceptionally good at acting like someone, or something, she's not.

Bio: Vess was born into poverty during the Medieval Ages in the country sid. Growing up practically an orphan since her mother worked the streets, either as a beggar or a companion, Vess explored on her own. At some point, she just wandered away from her mother and followed a pilgrimage to a large city when she was still very young. A child in the great would never have had a chance to survive without acquiring some basic thieving skills. Soon, however, she got caught stealing an apple from a market stall. Thankfully, a stranger saved her by paying for the near stolen apple. The man bribed the child to follow him by telling her she could have some meat. When arriving at his residence, he asked her to hand over the five other apples she stole without being caught. Denying the crime, the stranger suggested that she join him and his Thief's Guild. She would be trained and would steal for the Guild. In return, she would be fed, clothed, and sheltered. Vess heartily agreed and grew up training to be a thief.  At one point in her life, caught somewhere between child and woman, she broke into what seemed like a rich house. However, upon entering, Vess discovered it was some kind of witch's house. Fascinated, she explored and lingered, despite knowing otherwise. Once, again, she was caught by the witch once she had returned home. However, instead of wanting to punish the girl, the witch weaved an enticing tale, convincing Vess to learn her ways, explaining that she would receive a lavish life style, obtaining anything and everything she wanted. Once again, Vess agreed and started to study under the witch as well. Years went by and Vess became a woman. She had moved up from complete poverty to living as lavishly as she wanted. But it still wasn't enough for her. She wanted more. Her greed got the better of her and she did exactly what the witch had warned her against. Vess made a pact with a demon. In exchange for her soul, she would be granted the power to do and have anything. Her joy was short lived and it was soon after that the demon came to collect on his part of the bargain. Vess tried to trick the demon, but in the end, Hell won out and received another soul to own.

The demon she had made a bargain with attempted to take control over her. For a long time she fought with the demon and quickly escaped him, fleeing. For ages she fled before finding shelter with a much higher ranked demon in Middle City. Centuries went by as she plotted vengeance. She grew stronger, faster, and more powerful than she ever was in her human life. Once again, she started by stealing from demons, but being caught by one target, she became employed to assassinate another or lose her own life. Finding assassination to come easy to her, the demoness continued her thieving, but now assassinated. Vess became known within Middle City as a never-fail assassin. Vess had found out the hard way that the one that employed her originally was a member of The Brothers Fallen and she was unofficially recruited. After that, she became their shadowy assassin. It was never something she had thought she would ever do. However, her training as a thief and witch from her humanity, along with her newfound ability to control shadows, she was nearly undetectable by any. Due to her skills, she helped the gang become the second-most powerful, taking out key members of other gangs.

But within the gang, Vess could only rise so high. And her greed started to get the best of her once again. Secretly, she started making deals with other gangs to gain more glory and gold. She would even take out members of her own gang, showing that she had no loyalty to them. The Brothers Fallen eventually found out and tried to take her out. However, with her skills, Vess easily escaped them after taking out a good deal of their forces. Whenever the gang would find Vess, no small feat in itself, it would send squadrons of grunts. None returned however. Finally, the assassin sent a message back with one survivor. The orc had no arms, eyes, ears, or genitals left. With the last of his strength, he passed on her warning. If they continued sending their people, Vess would kill them all before coming after the leaders. Knowing that she could do it, The Brothers Fallen finally left her in peace.

Theme Song (optional): Coming Soon.

Revenent

Both look good, though I think Liliana is slightly overpowered, especially saying she's single-handledly a threat to the second-most powerful gang in the entire city (that doesn't fly in my canon). I think I like Clarissa a bit more, since she's of a more unique race (we've already had a few different demons) and she's versatile.

Of course, you could just play two characters if you want to and feel you could handle it. I'd have no problem with that.

Ironwolf85

no idea where I'm taking Ayr next, though I've been out for a while, been sick and in bed... and then we get hit with sandy... woooo dialup
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

FallenFeather

Ah yes the thing about that is its just in the biography, which I'm not attached to. Can change that to just still running.

But yes I've noticed we have a lot of demons. That's why I made clarissa. Plus <3 dragons. Wanted to pick a bigger dragon but I don't think that'd fit in the city. So I'll pick Clarissa Rue :3

Revenent

Sounds good to me. :-) Go ahead and post her in the character thread.

Lithium

Name: Izzyra

Age: 2 months, 25 days (mentally and physically the equivalent of a 16 year old human)

Race: Familiar (living magical construct)

Appearance: Izzy is 5'5" tall with a slim and lithe physique. She was created from a dagger that was enchanted with demonic energy, which is why she bears some resemblance to a demoness, but she's not technically one of them. In its natural state, he skin is a light olive color, but it can fluctuate depending on her mood or status, generally in red, purple and pink hues. She has ancient glyphs of power etched all over her body which just seem like black tattoos most of the time, but they burn with a fiery light that matches her current skin color whenever Izzy gets angry or excited or uses her powers. Her light blue eyes are slitted like those of a cat and react similarly to the glyphs, glowing brightly at certain times. Clothes feel kind of like a burden to her, so she rarely wears more than a tiny leather tube top, a matching loincloth and a pair of sandals.

Sexual Preference: Bisexual

Former Gang: N/A

Gang Position: Probably soldier?

Weapon of Choice: Izzyra has an affinity for just about any edged weapon, but her favorite are a set of twin falcata swords.

She can also create and control fire, but as she's still very young, her control over her pyromancy is very limited. She's just as prone to whiffing spells as she is to overdoing it unintentionally, and Izzy's only scratched the surface of her abilities, having never had a mentor or the time to master her abilities on her own, so she still has a long way to go and a lot of potential to unlock.

Her tail can also be quite deadly as it's much stronger than any of her other muscles. It's normally extremely tough and resilient, with the tip being at least as hard as diamond, not to mention razor sharp.

Additional Skills: Izzy's main talent is that she's very, very acrobatic and flexible, capable of in, out, through and over the place like some sort of flying circus monkey. It comes in handy for fighting, but also for a bunch of other things, and most of all it's fun!

Other than that, like all Familiars, she's blessed with accelerated learning when it comes to certain things, although she still has to focus and can't learn a million different skills at once. So far, other than fighting, Izzy's gotten pretty good at cooking belly dancing, two more activities that she enjoys greatly.

Weaknesses: Because she's a Familiar, Izzyra is completely susceptible to magical slave collars which are designed and enchanted specifically to control members of her race. If one happens to get locked around her neck, there won't be any way for her to fight or resist against it.

Also, if Izzyra is feeling aroused, her tail swells with blood like a sexual organ (although it doesn't visibly get larger) and softens, the edges of the tip becoming dull. In this state, her tail is extremely vulnerable and as sensitive to pleasure or pain as her clitoris would be. It's very fun in bed, but could be used against her in combat if an opponent deliberately attempts to seduce or arouse her and manages to succeed.

Personality: Easily excitable, outgoing and bubbly, but above all else, Izzyra is a slave to her own impulses and desires. She's never had the chance to learn moderation or self-control or restraint, so she'll pretty much try to do whatever she wants, whenever she wants. Good and evil, right and wrong are only the vaguest of concepts to her, she mostly just functions based off of what she likes or doesn't like. She's also nearly hopelessly naive and easy to fool, at least until she starts knowing better.

Bio: During a bloody battle against one of the city's minor gangs, the Warlock, Ayalluz of the Brothers Fallen, was stabbed in the heart by a demoniacally enchanted dagger. In a desperate attempt to save himself, he transmuted the dagger which had tasted of his own blood into a Familiar to protect him, infusing her with some of his own power in the process. When she came into existence, however, Izzyra was wild and confused, and worst of all she'd already gotten a taste of power. Like a shark driven into a frenzy by a few drops of blood in the water, she pounced on Ayalluz - who was left too weakened to control her - instead of his enemies, devouring his heart and brain and all of the magic held within.

Since then she's just been living in Middle City's underground, slowly learning about the world while getting into all sorts of trouble.

Theme Song: Venomous Vixens

Revenent

Izzyra - Approved

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, this week is a bit crazy. Go ahead and put her in the character thread, then feel free to post in the OOC or IC topics.

Ariel

Will you accept one more female Angel for Hell?

And I'm sorry but I haven't had the chance to check - have you started yet? Like, is it really far along? I do hate having to catch up. :/
Not accepting new RPs

Apologies | Ons/Offs | Finds | Requests + Rumbelle Craving

Revenent

I can take one more. It's already started, yes, but it's not very far long at all (not everyone's even met each other or the leader yet), so you should be fine.

Edrick

Name: Drulok

Race: Haunt

Appearance: Haunts resemble wolves in appearance (although with slight differences). They are grey-black in colour with dark coats of fur. The males have a deep set of blood-red glowing eyes, their piercing claws/teeth are like sharpened steel.

Sexual Preference: none

Former Gang: N/A

Gang Position: assassin

Weapon of Choice: Steel sharp claws and teeth, along with toxic saliva from their bites

Additional Skills: stalker, hunter, killer.

Personality: The haunts hunt for pleasure and food, though mostly for pleasure as they can go a very long time without eating.  They enjoy to taunt people and as their name suggests, to haunt people.  They usually do not just kill quickly, and run off into the darkness.  They are clever and calculating with people when they hunt and not, toying with them as if it was some sick twisted pleasure gained from it.  They are not all killing and hunting, they speak and have motives.  But always in the darkest and most twisted ways, closely relating to that of a serial killer in human terms.

Bio: For over a hundred years he was come down from his cave just to toy with his victims, before he killed and fed.  Though the way the city was turning out, he released he could get a more interested enjoyment of playing the gang game.  Plotting, killing, corruption, havoc, and so much more.  He had to have a piece of the action, and sought to join one of the gangs.  His obvious stealthy killing he played off, knowing all gangs need a hit man.  But he could have his own fun on the side, sure that it wouldn't be minded...even if it was, they wouldn't know.

Ariel

Not accepting new RPs

Revenent

@Uprising: Yep, go ahead, unless you have any other questions for me.

@Edrick: I'm not entirely sure what you're saying in the Former Gang section, but you are aware that all characters in this RP will be joining a new gang, and not any of the preexisting ones? Other than that, I'd honestly prefer a bit more information added to the personality and biography of the character, so I can see he'll remain interesting for more than just fight scenes.

Edrick

Quote from: Revenent on November 08, 2012, 08:30:09 PM
@Uprising: Yep, go ahead, unless you have any other questions for me.

@Edrick: I'm not entirely sure what you're saying in the Former Gang section, but you are aware that all characters in this RP will be joining a new gang, and not any of the preexisting ones? Other than that, I'd honestly prefer a bit more information added to the personality and biography of the character, so I can see he'll remain interesting for more than just fight scenes.

updated my post, made him a little more in-depth for the role.

Revenent

Ariel

Name: Stella.

Race: Fallen Angel.

Appearance: S is very petite, about 5'3". She has long wavy mahogany hair and indigo blue eyes. She has a creamy complexion and is often seen with a wry smile displayed on her rose pink lips. She likes to dress in fashionable, sexy clothes that are in style and show of her hourglass figure. She is insanly gorgeous and she knows it.

Sexual Preference: She can have anyone she wants. She's irresistable and very persuasive. She's bisexual, leaning more towards men.

Former Gang: Light of Dawn. She was unhappy, though, because she was denied permission to be a gang leader, and she loves to be in charge.

Gang Position: She was a hit-woman, weapon-maker, and was in charge of the prostitutes, as in assigning jobs to them and collecting the cash.

Weapon of Choice: Stella uses stilleto daggers that she carries strapped to her upper legs, a sword, and a bow and arrows. She's well adapted to hand-to-hand to hand combat as well.

Additional Skills: Stella is very persuasive, both with her manipulative ways and her sedu tive voice/body. She is also an excellent flier, a motivational speaker, and an amazing bad cop. She can reduce to tears in less than ten minutes. ;)

Personality: Stella is a narcissistic bitch. She really is. She hot and she's knows it, which is why she uses it to her advantage. She's also a very deceiving person, who doesn't really trust anyone and doesn't love anyone. She has sex for the pleasure only. She can be very mean and blunt about the truth, and she is very observent. If she spots your weakness, she will use it against you in everyway.

Bio: She fell from Heaven, obviously. It was a very long fall, and as she fell, the hatred in her heart grew. Hatred for God, for all the good ArchAngels, for everything.  Especialy love. She fell because she had fallen in love with a human and went down to Earth to visit him. When she attemped to return to Heaven, the Gate Angels stripped her of her holy power and cast her down to Earth. She became involved with the Light of Dawn because they are her people and they too were cast down. But as time went on and they had their way with the mortal world, Stella grew bored. She wanted to takeover al the other groups and have dominate control over the world. Her gang didn't want her t be their gangleader and Stella's hatred grew. Furious and angry, she left the gang and discovered the ____ gang, who welcomed her with open arms.

Theme Song (optional): "You Call Me A Bitch Like It's A Bad Thing" - Halestorm.
Not accepting new RPs

Revenent

Stella - Approved

I was a little concerned about having two angels join in at once, but I think yours is different enough from Aribeth's to maybe even spark some mutual disdain. ;D