Interest Check, Some System Game!

Started by kckolbe, October 22, 2012, 06:58:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kckolbe

I recently started Hogwarts: Rebuilt, in a reboot of my first GM attempt, and things seem to be going pretty well.  The success is going to my head, and I am beginning to think I am a capable GM.  If so, I'd like to capitalize on this ability.  If not, I'd like to end this delusion early.  Here are some of the ideas I am toying with (all would use some form of system):

Battlestar Galactica:  The system for this is largely already written, and I have a lot of ideas as to what I'd like to alter with the setting.  Unfortunately, I do *not* have as many ideas for plot, so I would require a co-GM to help with this as well as play female NPCs.  This game would not use any of the canon characters.

Pokemon:  I would like a more realistic and adult version of this setting, one that portrays Pokemon tournaments as major sporting events sponsored by major corporations and raking in major profits.  Pokemon, in addition to being caught and traded, are bought and sold.  As before, I would like a co-GM, though such a person could also play a character normally, provided a couple of female NPCs could also be taken over.  Really I would just need an active person to bounce ideas off of and help with the NPC load.  This could use an original system that I would design, Pokemon: Tabletop Adventures, or a light version of Pokemon: Tabletop Adventures.

Legend of the Five Rings:  I am familiar with 3rd and 4th edition, and a great fan of the setting up until the end of the Four Winds Era (1160-ish).  This would make use of some of the excellent modules written by AEG as well as some original adventures.  As before, I would like a co-GM, though may not be absolutely necessary for this one.

In addition, if there is a setting you would like to see a light system written for, I am happy to run a system for a game someone else is GMing.  Let me know if any of these appeal, what you like/dislike about each, and we'll go from there.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Muse

if you decide to run L5R, I'd be very interested.  please let me know. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

AribethAmkiir

KC!  I'd be interested in the first two, and be willing to help run your female NPCs.  I'm thinking Pokemon over Battlestar, but happy with either.

Also, I may have a game for you that I'm itching to see implemented and does require a bit of a light system.  I'll send you a PM.

TheGlyphstone

PTTA and L5R 4e are both games/systems/settings I've had interest in for a while, so consider me interested in either.

Kdyami

Playing hogwarts with you now and I'd be interested in any of these three. Not much at GM'ing. However if I come up with any ideas ill pm you.
Hey all I'm property of the U.S government and as such I may randomly disappear for a day or two.  I apologize in advance but I'll get back to you ASAP

kckolbe

Glad to see some interest forming.  I'll stay quiet as I am waiting to see what becomes more popular but just wanted to let you folks know that I am following this.

(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Intro Thread

ShadowFox89

Interested in PTTA and L5R4e too, though I would love to be able to try out the Legend system >.>

Sadly, my GM'ing skills are severely lacking.... I do have a game idea, but I doubt I would be able to run it.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

kckolbe

Well, looks like Battlestar Galactica is falling behind.  Currently leaning towards Pokemon, but not enough interest for any of them yet.

Intro Thread

Branwen

CarnivalOfTheGoat

I would be interested in L5R as well, but I'm afraid I have no interest in Pokemon or BSG.

My O/Os. My A/As.
Games I seek:
Savage Worlds of My Little Pony <- Just what it says. Free supplement for SW. (Or any other MLP RP!!! :D)
Eclipse Phase <- Posthuman grit SF, open source, downloadable from their web site. VERY deep worldbuilding.
Cold City <- Espionage meets the Lovecraftian supernatural. Allies in post-war Berlin chasing down the results of secret Nazi experiments
a|state <- Post-apocalyptic sort-of-steampunk, sort-of-high tech roleplay in a massive, decaying, broken-down city-state.

kckolbe

While L5R came pretty close, I didn't see quite enough interest in any to move forward.  I will likely test the waters again down the road.

Intro Thread