Family of Blood [Recruitment closed. Incest, Politics, Ex, MxM]

Started by Roen, August 21, 2015, 01:40:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roen

Quote from: Caehlim on August 23, 2015, 02:23:36 AM
What's your opinion with Marcus Hedbrandh, does he fit the role alright? I have trouble judging since I normally select faceclaims on the twinkier side of the fence.

He fits perfectly, Caehl, you should definitely pick him if you want to.

Come and Write with Me! (O/Os and Ideas)
Even the oldest of sights has a moment of rebirth.
-Nathan Alterman.

Orange Marmalade

Quote from: ShatteredSymphony on August 23, 2015, 02:41:37 AM
Oh, I would love to see how that would go down.

I think the main point is it has to be someone who cleans up nice, and probably presents themselves that way to the world at large - someone who would be respected by some of the world's most powerful (and rather stuffy) business leaders. Leto is probably good for that since he can pull this off for business meetings while keeping the bad boy stuff for weekend parties and at home?

Vael the Destroyer

Well... I uh... might have something in my mind that long haired, scruffy Jared Leto would work perfectly for. Don't know how well it's going to go down, and I don't know if everyone is going to agree with it, but it's pretty much how I imagine the Heir being if I'm writing for him.

Roen

Quote from: lockepick on August 22, 2015, 05:59:37 PM
Hardly a religion expert, but I believe: I would say the 'In God We Trust' in America refers to Christian religions. Original Puritans were an offshoot of Protestants, but over time, it's sort of mutated and branched off and come back to Catholicism. I would say that most modern Christians in the US are Catholic, over the other options.

Having said that -- Catholicism is kind of boring. Not a lot of smutty sexy rituals there. Could I offer an idea that the Bludgotts have changed the 'state' religion over the generations? Something more Animist or even a Folk/Ethnic religion would be a lot more fun -- gives us a lot more options for rituals and cult behavior. A modernization of the Greek or Norse Gods as ideals to aspire too, and less literal deities, might be fun. Though I admit, it might make the whole thing into a more fantasy route though, and less realistic.

Haven't forgotten about you, Locke!

I too want to keep this game on the realistic side, so we'll let America stay Christian, and the priest's position will be within a Christian church, Cathollic sounds great.

However, we can definitely give the traditions and rules of the family a Norse/Greek theme when we make them ;D Sounds good?

-Nathan Alterman.

Roen

Quote from: ShatteredSymphony on August 23, 2015, 02:55:40 AM
Well... I uh... might have something in my mind that long haired, scruffy Jared Leto would work perfectly for. Don't know how well it's going to go down, and I don't know if everyone is going to agree with it, but it's pretty much how I imagine the Heir being if I'm writing for him.
Oh dear. I'm sorry if I made it sound like I'm criticizing your choice, Shattered. Both of your choices, Leto and Waine, would be great.

I might advise and I might offer pointers for your consideration, but at the end of the day, I'd much prefer my players to go with their gut feelings and personal truths.  :D

-Nathan Alterman.

Caehlim

Name: Beorn Blutgott (Named for the fourth son of Ragnar Lodbrock in the Norse story Ragnarssona þáttr)

Age: Early twenties (Can be adjusted to fit in appropriately between The Kaden and the Third-born)

Family Station: Fourth Born Master

Sexual Orientation: Gay

Appearance Adjustments: Picture is accurate.

Faceclaim: Marcus Hedbrandh

Place of Living: Prefers to stay with the family. Not well suited for life on his own.

Bio: Beorn was raised from birth with the expectation of being a Master. Every field of education was open to him, the best tutors made available and for a brief while some of the best private schools money could buy although it was soon discovered that school was not the place for him. He didn't fit in with other children and he was returned home to private tuition. He technically has no formal qualifications, (although a family endowment of a new wing to a university allowed him to receive an honourary degree). He studied everything and was fascinated with the world.

It was when he noticed his own deteriorating mental health that he focused his effort on understanding himself and his family, eventually moving more into medical science and then genetic engineering. He believes that inbreeding and the genetic engineering of the Blutgotts is responsible for his paranoia. He's not sure if he can cure it, although he does prescribe himself a variety of drugs to attempt to keep himself sane and level, however he believes he can cure it in the next generation. When finally his brother (whichever one it is) takes over and starts a new generation, Beorn will stay on with the family long enough to help screen the next generation for problems.

He runs the scientific department of the Orion Biotechnologies, a corporation in which he also owns a controlling interest of 51% as part of his family's assets. While it is a small part of their family's vast empire, it is a fine enough addition to it that it's notable and not a bad achievement for a fourth born. The company has its own CEO, to save Beorn from needing to run the day to day operations (which he would be terrible at), however Beorn is in charge of the board of directors. He has also arranged seats on the board of directors for his brother Adam, the Kadan, in case he needs a second opinion and Adam is available. It gives him his own lab and assistants to work on whatever research projects he likes and keeps him busy. The company also makes a decent income to go back into the family coffers.

Goals: Beorn cares nothing for inheriting the Blutgott family throne and merely wishes to survive the coming politics and retire happily ever after.

Censored Goals
This is why I write my notes in code, brother.

Personality: Beorn is paranoid, both from the reality that he is surrounded by dangerous political individuals and because the gifts of imagination and pattern recognition written into his genetic code make him hyper sensitive even to dangers that aren't there. This is something that has grown worse over time as he's been exposed to the family business. He's smart enough to realize that he's paranoid but doesn't know what to do to control it.

Despite his paranoia he has trouble being attentive to everyday events usually too busy concentrating five steps ahead or on complex problems. It leaves him in an absent-minded haze and he clings to routine to keep himself in control. He leaves notes for himself, but suspects that others might read or modify them, so always leaves them encrypted with elaborate cyphers that he expects no one else can break.

He tends to be the case example of whether it is possible to be too intelligent for a Blutgott Master. Capable of amazing scientific genius when concentrated on a task, but then will grow distracted or obsessed by an unrelated question. The discoveries he has made, rarely what was intended, have been remarkable though.

Kadan Requirements: In his paranoia the family Kadan is the only one he trusts completely. Even in their teens he depended heavily on his little brother taking comfort from his presence and trusting his reassurances. While he can get through tasks without the Kadan (and has to when Adam is otherwise occupied) everything takes at least twice as long as he has to double-check everything. Having his brother there makes things simpler.

When they're alone he likes the Kadan to be a caregiver to him. Check up on him from time to time to make sure he remembers things like eating, drinking and sleeping. He sleeps much better when Adam puts in into bed and better still when Adam joins him. He likes the Kadan to watch his food being prepared and to hand it to him himself, where possible or assure him that it's safe if he can't hand it over personally. He expects the Kadan to order him about for his basic needs and has no problem with the Kadan telling him to do something. If Adam tells him to change his tie before going out in public, he would, assuming that Adam had a good reason without even asking what it was. In public he needs the Kadan to hide just how much he helps Beorn and to help him foster more of an air of independence, especially amongst anyone outside the family.

More intimately, when alone, he would like the Kadan to be caring and affectionate. Combining brotherly affection with more intimate care and contact. When they're alone he likes the Kadan to be protective and tough, taking on a lot more dominant and masculine characteristics. In a lot of ways being more of a "daddy" than a brother or Kadan. This is only in private as he prefers to keep up a stronger front around other members of the family and a much stronger act still in public.

In public his brother is meant to appear to be his personal assistant, a perfect corporate executive who gets things done at Orion Biotechnologies on behalf of his obviously less worldly brother. Amongst the family it's not much of a secret that Beorn is heavily dependant on Kadan, but he at least tries to seem more like the boss within the pair around the others.

Skill Set: Beorn is a scientific polymath. Any field of science that he dedicated his life to, would be advanced a decade or so by his contribution. However this has little use on a day to day basis as this is skill in long term research and development rather than practical matters most of the time. His speciality and most frequent obsession is genetic engineering, particularly that of the Blodgott family.

He is also qualified as a doctor, probably his only practical skill outside of research. While technically not licensed he is fully capable of taking care of most forms of medical treatment including surgery.

He is also gifted as an artist, thanks to the creativity and imagination of a master. He works in paint or sketches in charcoal or pencil. This is purely a hobby for him however and none of his work has ever been shown to the public.

Strengths: Genius.
Hyperaware and vigilant.
Excellent reflexes.

Weaknesses: Paranoid.
Forgets about trivial matters like eating, drinking, sleeping or other minor life-necessities.
Poor interpersonal skills.

Hard Limits: These are listed on my On/Off page.
My home is not a place, it is people.
View my Ons and Offs page.

View my (new)Apologies and Absences thread or my Ideas thread.

Orange Marmalade

Very nice! Will have mine done shortly :) working out the final details.

Caehlim

Quote from: Orange Marmalade on August 23, 2015, 07:53:49 AM
Very nice! Will have mine done shortly :) working out the final details.

Excellent, can't wait to see what you come up with.

rotburn

Alight Roen.

It was inevitable that I came over to check out your own thread starting up. Have to say, it's quite delicious! *waggles eyebrows*

Anyone begging for a sadistic but fair father figure?

Roen

Beorn Blutgott
Quote from: Caehlim on August 23, 2015, 07:41:28 AM
Name: Beorn Blutgott (Named for the fourth son of Ragnar Lodbrock in the Norse story Ragnarssona þáttr)

Age: Early twenties (Can be adjusted to fit in appropriately between The Kaden and the Third-born)

Family Station: Fourth Born Master

Sexual Orientation: Gay

Appearance Adjustments: Picture is accurate.

Faceclaim: Marcus Hedbrandh

Place of Living: Prefers to stay with the family. Not well suited for life on his own.

Bio: Beorn was raised from birth with the expectation of being a Master. Every field of education was open to him, the best tutors made available and for a brief while some of the best private schools money could buy although it was soon discovered that school was not the place for him. He didn't fit in with other children and he was returned home to private tuition. He technically has no formal qualifications, (although a family endowment of a new wing to a university allowed him to receive an honourary degree). He studied everything and was fascinated with the world.

It was when he noticed his own deteriorating mental health that he focused his effort on understanding himself and his family, eventually moving more into medical science and then genetic engineering. He believes that inbreeding and the genetic engineering of the Blutgotts is responsible for his paranoia. He's not sure if he can cure it, although he does prescribe himself a variety of drugs to attempt to keep himself sane and level, however he believes he can cure it in the next generation. When finally his brother (whichever one it is) takes over and starts a new generation, Beorn will stay on with the family long enough to help screen the next generation for problems.

He runs the scientific department of the Orion Biotechnologies, a corporation in which he also owns a controlling interest of 51% as part of his family's assets. While it is a small part of their family's vast empire, it is a fine enough addition to it that it's notable and not a bad achievement for a fourth born. The company has its own CEO, to save Beorn from needing to run the day to day operations (which he would be terrible at), however Beorn is in charge of the board of directors. He has also arranged seats on the board of directors for his brother Adam, the Kadan, in case he needs a second opinion and Adam is available. It gives him his own lab and assistants to work on whatever research projects he likes and keeps him busy. The company also makes a decent income to go back into the family coffers.

Goals: Beorn cares nothing for inheriting the Blutgott family throne and merely wishes to survive the coming politics and retire happily ever after.

Censored Goals
This is why I write my notes in code, brother.

Personality: Beorn is paranoid, both from the reality that he is surrounded by dangerous political individuals and because the gifts of imagination and pattern recognition written into his genetic code make him hyper sensitive even to dangers that aren't there. This is something that has grown worse over time as he's been exposed to the family business. He's smart enough to realize that he's paranoid but doesn't know what to do to control it.

Despite his paranoia he has trouble being attentive to everyday events usually too busy concentrating five steps ahead or on complex problems. It leaves him in an absent-minded haze and he clings to routine to keep himself in control. He leaves notes for himself, but suspects that others might read or modify them, so always leaves them encrypted with elaborate cyphers that he expects no one else can break.

He tends to be the case example of whether it is possible to be too intelligent for a Blutgott Master. Capable of amazing scientific genius when concentrated on a task, but then will grow distracted or obsessed by an unrelated question. The discoveries he has made, rarely what was intended, have been remarkable though.

Kadan Requirements: In his paranoia the family Kadan is the only one he trusts completely. Even in their teens he depended heavily on his little brother taking comfort from his presence and trusting his reassurances. While he can get through tasks without the Kadan (and has to when Adam is otherwise occupied) everything takes at least twice as long as he has to double-check everything. Having his brother there makes things simpler.

When they're alone he likes the Kadan to be a caregiver to him. Check up on him from time to time to make sure he remembers things like eating, drinking and sleeping. He sleeps much better when Adam puts in into bed and better still when Adam joins him. He likes the Kadan to watch his food being prepared and to hand it to him himself, where possible or assure him that it's safe if he can't hand it over personally. He expects the Kadan to order him about for his basic needs and has no problem with the Kadan telling him to do something. If Adam tells him to change his tie before going out in public, he would, assuming that Adam had a good reason without even asking what it was. In public he needs the Kadan to hide just how much he helps Beorn and to help him foster more of an air of independence, especially amongst anyone outside the family.

More intimately, when alone, he would like the Kadan to be caring and affectionate. Combining brotherly affection with more intimate care and contact. When they're alone he likes the Kadan to be protective and tough, taking on a lot more dominant and masculine characteristics. In a lot of ways being more of a "daddy" than a brother or Kadan. This is only in private as he prefers to keep up a stronger front around other members of the family and a much stronger act still in public.

In public his brother is meant to appear to be his personal assistant, a perfect corporate executive who gets things done at Orion Biotechnologies on behalf of his obviously less worldly brother. Amongst the family it's not much of a secret that Beorn is heavily dependant on Kadan, but he at least tries to seem more like the boss within the pair around the others.

Skill Set: Beorn is a scientific polymath. Any field of science that he dedicated his life to, would be advanced a decade or so by his contribution. However this has little use on a day to day basis as this is skill in long term research and development rather than practical matters most of the time. His speciality and most frequent obsession is genetic engineering, particularly that of the Blodgott family.

He is also qualified as a doctor, probably his only practical skill outside of research. While technically not licensed he is fully capable of taking care of most forms of medical treatment including surgery.

He is also gifted as an artist, thanks to the creativity and imagination of a master. He works in paint or sketches in charcoal or pencil. This is purely a hobby for him however and none of his work has ever been shown to the public.

Strengths: Genius.
Hyperaware and vigilant.
Excellent reflexes.

Weaknesses: Paranoid.
Forgets about trivial matters like eating, drinking, sleeping or other minor life-necessities.
Poor interpersonal skills.

Hard Limits: These are listed on my On/Off page.

Fantastic, Caehlim! Truly!
Character approved and slot marked reserved.

Quote from: rotburn on August 23, 2015, 09:06:47 AM
Alight Roen.
It was inevitable that I came over to check out your own thread starting up. Have to say, it's quite delicious! *waggles eyebrows*
Anyone begging for a sadistic but fair father figure?

*raises hand enthusiastically*

Love to have ya, Rotburn!
Seems like we're gonna have a full group!

Funniest thing just happened, by the way. After posting the approval for Caehl's CS I saw your post just above mine and panicked thinking I somehow managed to post in the wrong thread (Rotburn and I are also about to play in another game that's still recruiting on this board) so I deleted my post and realized my mistake just a moment later, having to type it all over again, on the mobile no less :P

Serious brain fart just there xD

-Nathan Alterman.

rotburn

*Bawahaha! By the way, I did catch you putting 'Raven' in there. No worries, we both start with 'R'.  ;)

Sorry for all the confusion. I suppose I have that affect.  >:)

As for the face claim for the father, he'll need to be an older genleman correct.
Timothy Dalton?
George Clooney?

What were you all picturing?

Roen

Not to be greedy but someone a bit... Younger-looking than those two?  ::)
I'd like a good-looking-appetizing father, please!

Also, sorry for the Raven mixup, got flabbergasted over the post deletion xD

-Nathan Alterman.

rotburn

Sounds like I need to do a bit of research on hot levels... what about these blokes?

Timothy Downey
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Gerard Butler

Gilius Marini

Caehlim

If I can make a possible suggestion how about

Stephen Ritz (some NSFW)

This is purely a suggestion to meet both the apparent age and hotness quotient with a compromise candidate.

Roen

Another option would be Nathan Fillion :P

Haha, in one game I'm suggesting you use the faceclaim of a 44 year old for a 27 year old character, and here a faceclaim of a 44 year old for a 50~ year old character :P

-Nathan Alterman.

rotburn

Quote from: Caehlim on August 23, 2015, 09:54:52 AM
If I can make a possible suggestion how about

Stephen Ritz (some NSFW)

This is purely a suggestion to meet both the apparent age and hotness quotient with a compromise candidate.

See I tried throwing it into that age group and I was told: too old v_v lol
But seriously... *slobbers* nice choice

Roen

Either of the suggested faceclaims would be great, and as I've said before- you should go with the choice that works for you, it's your character :D

-Nathan Alterman.

rotburn

Well... this is the kind of person I am...
This one's for you Roen
(Inside joke included)
Dark/Sadistic/Leader/Monster/Father?

Roen

Quote from: rotburn on August 23, 2015, 10:11:14 AM
Well... this is the kind of person I am...
This one's for you Roen
(Inside joke included)
Dark/Sadistic/Leader/Monster/Father?

Oh god...

Guys...
We're screwed o.0

-Nathan Alterman.

rotburn

Well then... no one else is about and I'm in the mood for making this profile. So with the GM's acceptance I'm rolling with Mads Mikkelsen and dishing out punishments to very naughty sons.

Orange Marmalade

He doesn't register at all on my personal hot-o-meter but he certainly fits that description and role!

rotburn

Quote from: Orange Marmalade on August 23, 2015, 10:29:02 AM
He doesn't register at all on my personal hot-o-meter but he certainly fits that description and role!

Ack, I have a thing for fictional serial killers. Sorry :P

Orange Marmalade

Hah nothing to be sorry about at all :) nothing says all the chars have to be interested in all the others. Sall good!

Roen

I've always considered Mikkelsen to be extremely hot, bloody murderer and all :P On some episodes I couldn't even eat it was so sickening and I still found him highly doable :P

I'm not a fan of vore, neither am I of gore, I watched the show for the writing (and because I hoped they would introduce Starling at some point), he's no Hopkins, but he was damn good.

-Nathan Alterman.

Vael the Destroyer

I hate to do this, but for right now I'm going to have to drop my interest in this game and open up the Heir if someone else comes along and wants to take it. I'be just been in a weird headspace as of late and should really focus on what I've got instead of taking more on.

With that said, if I do feel like I have the free time I'd be more than willing to come back and express my interest in possibly playing a character outside of the family if the Heir has been taken by then.

Good luck to you all, and you know where to find me if you wish to! :)

- Symphony