Interest check - Werewolf boarding school -

Started by LamentingQuill, January 18, 2017, 11:53:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SweetSerenade

Mmhmm my female student is more likely going to have a rough time finding someone of interest. I'm picky lol

Bakemono Shiki RP(Lovely Siggy Layout is thanks to Amaris)

LamentingQuill

Quote from: Amarlo on January 23, 2017, 01:35:57 AM
Fantastic! This has a vaguely Carpathian feel to me that just seriously hits a craving I've had for a long time right at the spot! I'm seriously looking forward to this. ^^

As for the college's recruitment check list, would there be any other requirements these girls would have to meet to be eligible? Also, how exactly would they be tested for compatibility?

Basically aside from being compatible, they want females that have graduated high school and academically qualify for college. Sarcina will offer bucket loads of majors, they have everything.

As for how the girls being tested, any doctors visit would have been enough that involved bloodwork, the werewolves have spies in place all over the globe to check blood samples for compatibility. Fertility has gotten so bad among their ranks, that it's become a serious concern for the future of the werewolf species, they either have to do something now with current virile generation of males or succumb to fading away into nonexistence.

LamentingQuill

Here are the clans thus far, I am not sure where to put the main location of some of the clans, like where the reigning alpha of each clan hails from and makes a home for his clan. Let me know if you guys have suggestions.

Lunarclaw-
Worshipers of Mother Moon

Reigning Alpha: Ithilrin Myst {LamentingQuill}

Among the oldest established clans, the Lunarclaw wolves are devout worshipers of the moon and are known for their scholars and great intellectual minds. These wolves follow a creed of peaceful methods first, brute force second only when no other logical civilized options are available.
The Lunarclaw are very private and try to stay out of other clan disputes, unless of course the topic at hand is truly important and impacting to their species as a whole.

The Lunarclaw clan have always had a... brittle, for lack of a better word... relationship with the wild Direfang clan. They are not about to go to war, but the relationship certainly isn't ideal either.

The Lunarclaw view the young Direfang clan as being too wild and unpredictable, too dangerous and unrestrained.

The Lunarclaw founded the Sarcina Academy as a symbol of hope for their declining species, they can save their race and educate them at the same time, what could better than that?

Lunaflame-
Worshipers of Father Sun

Reigning Alpha: Available

The Lunaflame wolves praise and worship the sun for warming the earth and making it possible for life to thrive and flourish. These wolves are as vibrant and passionate at the burning star they revere, they are also widely known for being among the most compassionate and generous of the clans.
They are famous as well for producing some of the absolute most breathtaking fireworks seen at any event throughout all the werewolf clans, anyone whom is anyone gets their fireworks from the Lunaflame.

The Lunaflame  has been rumored to have a somewhat iffy view on the chilly Glacierclaw clan, they seem as kind of cold and distant, which make the cheery Lunaflame a little nervous.

Direfang-

A very young clan established little under a century ago, the Direfang wolves are a primal and fierce clan, they are well known for being particularly aggressive in numerous ways from the vigorous intensity of their hunts, the brutality of young males butting heads for the 'top dog' spot and the legendary fierce passion of a male pursuing a desired potential mate... getting in the way of a Direfang wolf trying to mark a female is highly discouraged.

The Direfang clan is well known for selling some of the very best choice meat to the butchers of the various werewolf clans, there are no hunters better than the Direfang.

The Direfang have a tentative relationship with most of the clans, a lot of them wanting to give them a shot and yet remain wary at the same time of the unpredictable young clan... except for the Lunarclaw wolves... there is little love lost there.
The Direfang view the Lunarclaw as being stuck up and weak, too busy burying their snouts in their books and intellectual pursuits to better themselves as fierce proud warriors capable of protecting and providing for their clan.

Glacierclaw-
Worshipers of Jack Frost

Fun Fact: Long, long ago, the werewolf founders of the Glacierclaw clan found the deity of ice and snow trapped in a ring of enchanted fire, which was steadily beginning to weaken him... his beautiful silvery white hair starting to resemble the hue of sickly straw and his glistening pale skin usually just lightly kissed with delicate pink starting to look like wet paper...

The deity pleaded with the wolves to help him, he said his brother, a deity of heat and fire was jealous of him and the glittering beauty of the snow, so he sought to do away with him forever... the wolves were uncertain at first if the should trust a deity, but quickly aided him anyway, snuffing out the fire with nearby snow and freeing Jack Frost.

The deity, now restored to his wintery magnificence, was so grateful that he placed his blessing upon the clan of winter thriving wolves, he told them that they would always retain his favor so long as they continued to show all the love and reverence they always had for the ice and snow.

The other clans are skeptical of this tale, but the Glacierclaw stand by the story.

The Glacierclaw wolves are a very mysterious sort, making their home in the deep wilds of Alaska away from the prying eyes of humans... and most other wolves, the Glacierclaw are immensely private and closed off, a thousand times more than the Lunarclaw ever have been.
Legendary for beautiful snowy white hair and bright blue eyes in human form and the most dazzling sparkling white fur with a chilling piercing gaze in their wolf form, some might say the Glacierclaw clan have the loveliest wolf form to behold... each strand of fur sparkling like it's been freshly dusted with new fallen glittering snow.

Most tend to be rather distant and seemingly slow to trusting others outside their clan, but it's rumored that when this sacred trust is earned... you have an invaluable.. and loyal friend to the end of your days.

Bramblethorn-

Wise and nurturing, the Bramblethorn werewolves are the closest thing to a pacifist that any of the werewolf clans can get, the abhor violence and stand firm against it unless all options are exhausted and brute force becomes necessary to save their life or someone dear, but even then... they will not take a life if it can be avoided.

Life... life is sacred to the Bramblethorn, it is a gift from the Earth Mother, she whom bestows and nourishes all life on the planet, the preservation of life is the Bramblethorn most precious and ironclad belief.

The Bramblethorn clan are also famous for being the best farmers in the entire world, even some human cities get produce from them and never know it, it had made the pockets of the Bramblethorn quite deep. Not vegetable or fruit in the world can compare to the taste of something grown by Bramblethorn hands, no flower can stand to the perfection of Bramblethorn flower's beauty.

The Bramblethorn are not exactly cozy with the Glacierclaw clan or the Direfang clan, one favors the produce hating cold and the other has little regard for snuffing out a life that gets in their way... at least, this is how most of the Bramblethorn view them.

Amarlo

Thank you for answering my questions so speedily. ^^

I like what I'm seeing so far, and if you need more worship ideas there's always the Morning and the Evening stars! :3

Edit*

Also, how do the wolves age? What are their abilities? Would the human girls be able to have some sort of latent untrained psychic type ability? Or other peculiarities? o.o

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

LamentingQuill

Quote from: Amarlo on January 23, 2017, 02:29:44 AM
Thank you for answering my questions so speedily. ^^

I like what I'm seeing so far, and if you need more worship ideas there's always the Morning and the Evening stars! :3

Edit*

Also, how do the wolves age? What are their abilities? Would the human girls be able to have some sort of latent untrained psychic type ability? Or other peculiarities? o.o

Stars would fall in with the Lunarclaw clan, the whole night sky thing and what not, the cosmos.

Peculiarities... No, the girls are strictly human. I'd say yes, but then girl characters would run wild with peculiarities. We'll leave that to the menfolk ;)

Aging... The wolves age slowly after hitting 18, they age roughly a year for every ten that go by. The girls will gain this as well after receiving the mating mark on their necks. Chomp, chomp! lol, just kidding... partially ;)

Anyway, I am fairly lenient on abilities for the wolves, but I will decline abilities if I see them as venturing too far into God territory.

Caela

Thinking of making one girl and one staff member...maybe a botany professor from the Bramblethorn clan. Just general musings in my head at the moment that could change entirely once character sheets are up to play with lol.

LamentingQuill

I finished all the Character sheets, I'll have them up tomorrow after I write up description with some more of the detail we've fleshed out and the rules everyone is expected to abide by.

Folks are welcome to PM me to request an Alpha, I will make sure to list your name and your character's name in the Alpha spot. I intend to take the Lunarclaw Alpha, whom is the Headmaster as well.

By the way, the unmated Alphas under the age of 40 {Would appear about 22 or so with werewolf aging miracles, lol} are allowed as well to pursue a female. The school might normally be a little iffy about letting staff participate in this, however, situations are dire and they need to get a new generation born.

SweetSerenade

I should probably mention that I'm not planning on playing an 18 year old student? Any problems if I play and 'older' College seeking student? Probably in the 20-24 range?

LamentingQuill

Quote from: SweetSerenade on January 23, 2017, 10:27:35 AM
I should probably mention that I'm not planning on playing an 18 year old student? Any problems if I play and 'older' College seeking student? Probably in the 20-24 range?

25 is the cap, so that's perfectly fine.

SweetSerenade

Quote from: LamentingQuill on January 23, 2017, 11:29:48 AM
25 is the cap, so that's perfectly fine.

Awesome! That works out perfectly fine for me then. :3 I'm excited to see how this goes. As a heads up, if you need any other help - let me know. I have experience with being an admin/mod/gm/co-gm of groups. I'm co-gm in a group that's in it's recruitment stage, as well as a co-gm in a group that's already running. A couple of your players in here can attest to that. Just let me know! I'm always available to help.

LamentingQuill

Quote from: SweetSerenade on January 23, 2017, 11:36:29 AM
Awesome! That works out perfectly fine for me then. :3 I'm excited to see how this goes. As a heads up, if you need any other help - let me know. I have experience with being an admin/mod/gm/co-gm of groups. I'm co-gm in a group that's in it's recruitment stage, as well as a co-gm in a group that's already running. A couple of your players in here can attest to that. Just let me know! I'm always available to help.

I wouldn't turn down a mod.

fireflights

I am helping her out...well if she gives me something to do to help her formulate it lol :D

I have taken the oath of the Drake

Livin in MD now.

Not taking anymore one on ones but ones already discussed with the partners.

SweetSerenade

Quote from: fireflights on January 23, 2017, 11:38:08 AM
I am helping her out...well if she gives me something to do to help her formulate it lol :D

I can see this group becoming pretty large, so having extra help isn't always a bad thing. Usually having at least two main leaders of the game, and one back up (to break ties on decisions, or to help) is usually quite helpful. I've got almost 20 years of roleplay experience (in April after my next birthday), and at least 16 or so years of that is with experience in running Rps and groups. Yes my earlier years were a bit chaotic, but I've had awhile to hone my skill and learn how to work groups. :3 )

fireflights

Yep, I agree. I run three other games on Rpol, plus one here. So I can say having 2 to 3 is good on a gm team especially if a large group comes into play.

Livin in MD now.

LamentingQuill

Plenty of mods to keep an eye on things and answer questions folks may have (pm me for my skype if you'd like a direct line to me) is a very good thing, being well taken care of makes folks more willing to stick around a game :)

LamentingQuill

My sister came by to celebrate my birthday with me, so I MIGHT MAYBE get delayed on getting everything out until tomorrow in the afternoon. That's a maybe though, I still could get it out tonight.

fireflights

Livin in MD now.

Wicked Emi

LamentingQuill

She brought me cheese sticks and seagrams Jamaican me happy wine coolers, my favorite! :D

My birthday is officially tomorrow, but today was convenient for her.

fireflights

Well then happy early birthday, enjoy your gifts to their fullest :D

Livin in MD now.

Amarlo

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

fireflights

No, their marking by their mate will give them the long life, but they will not be turned. Not that I know of at least.

Livin in MD now.

LamentingQuill

Quote from: Amarlo on January 23, 2017, 07:48:00 PM
Are the girls going to eventually be turned?

No,werewolves are born, not made in this universe, but the mating mark with bind them together spiritually and emotionally, which will have them share the longevity as well. It works out anyway, the werewolves preferred the women anyway before the fertility issues to avoid shifting while pregnant as it could harm the infant when their bodies changed from human to wolf organs and back.

Amarlo

Oki. Thanks!

For now I'd like to faceclaim Juliya Lavrova, if I may.

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Kokaine

Im debating face claims myself. A certain tall goofball of mine wants to come play >.>
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os