Correct Time?

Started by zefieyuki, March 25, 2014, 10:46:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zefieyuki

I've been fiddling with the look/layout -  time change, trying to get my correct time, but I always seem to be an hour off. I live in the eastern time, and I'm not sure how to get the correct time. any help with the numbers would be great.

The Dark Raven

Check your daylight savings settings?

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

Crimson Caine

I'm on the east coast of the US as well and get the same issue. I'm not sure if its a Daylights saving time issue. But if you go under your profile under look and layout you can offset the time to fix it.I'm not sure if that solves all of the time issues but it seems to solve post times for me.I
The pious pretense that evil does not exist only makes it vague, enormous and menacing. – Aleister Crowley
CC's O/O
CC's Request Thread
CC's Disappearing Routine (A/A)

zefieyuki

Thanks Crimson,  what do you have your number set at? I've tried 2 and its an hour off, as well as 3 and its an hour forward.

Crimson Caine

I did mine at +1 as it was showing an hour behind. So, while it is 1:14 here it was listing 12:14. Doing the plus 1 seemed to fix it.

I'M not sure the + is necessary as it disappears when I enter it.
The pious pretense that evil does not exist only makes it vague, enormous and menacing. – Aleister Crowley
CC's O/O
CC's Request Thread

Lilias

Have you tried just clicking 'auto detect'?

(Some states don't observe summer time, so that can be a factor too.)
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Feb 20) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

zefieyuki

Yeah, I tried auto time, and it's still an hour behind.

The Dark Raven

Quote from: zefieyuki on March 25, 2014, 01:12:45 PM
Yeah, I tried auto time, and it's still an hour behind.

Probably is auto-detecting the ISP's location, not your location.  (I know this because my ISP's location is in a totally different place from where I am.)

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

Valthazar

Profile --> Account Settings --> Modify Profile --> Look and Layout

Look where it says Time Offset.  Right now, it shows "Current forum time: March 25, 2014, 02:11:17 PM"

I know you are also on the East Coast, so try putting the number "1" in that box, and save that.

That should do the trick.

zefieyuki

Thanks Valth, I tried that but it still says 2:16, instead of 3:16

Crimson Caine

After you click on the button to save changes click on your general profile and see is its showing the correct time. After i did tchange it was still showing wrong in that section but as long as the one is showing in the box my general profile page had the correct time.
CC's O/O
CC's Request Thread

zefieyuki

Ok, thanks! I"ll see if that fixes it.