The Misfits: The Trappy Adventurers (D&D 5e)

Started by Argent Adonis, April 16, 2017, 03:39:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeflint

I would love to join this game if you have need for a meat head Dragon Girl. 😍

Been really wanting to play a dragon girl for awhile.

Jan's General Info, The F-List , On’s & Offs, absenteeism & BB Color Codes

Argent Adonis

Okay, sorry for the delay guys; work has been a real pain and general fun wrecker these past couple of days.

Welcome Bibliophillia, Knarfy, and jetflint!

So far, we have a core of 4 characters, so I think there's room for another 2 or 3 (allowing for dropout), but in the case of traps and their friends, I think the more the merrier! If you've got some ideas, feel free to throw them up.  So far the roster, provided they're still in, appears to be:

Kathyan - Yuan-ti Sorcerer (female)
pdragon - Tiefling Monk (trap)
RedPhoenix - Human Barbarian (trap)
Sain - Aasimar Cleric (trap)

Also, remember that there's room for Hyscrown's servant for anyone that's interested.

I will be working on getting the game up and going in the two or three days, but we'll have a sedate start, so character sheets won't be an urgency until  adventuring starts proper.
Ons & Offs: F-List | Visual Aid (updated 09.04.17)

Argent Adonis' RP Request Thread

jeflint

I'd certainly be interested in the servant Post if possible. 😊

RedPhoenix

I'm still in, looking forward to playing quasi-gender-bent Red Sonja! =)
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs | Canon in Red
I move the stars for no one.

Kathyan

Still here as well and this is the picture I'll be using for my character by the way

So maybe she is considered another trappy boy or maybe they are all considered flat girls lol, also as a wild sorceress I suggest she could temporarily and randomly change her or others gender or become more femenine as well (among other stuff >:) )

jeflint

Here's the image I was planning on working with for my Dragon Futa.

Also... if anyone's interested I created a D&D type player sheet for a campaign that didn't last long. It gives us a starting point if anyone's interested.

[float=right][img height=400]https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/bd/13/90/bd13901a4e48972844752f10bc30a831.jpg[/img]
[spoiler=NSFW option][img height=400]http://rule34-data-012.paheal.net/_images/d339993ad01c4a5182b8aee59fd63c9f/409777%20-%20Cyzra%20Dark_Elf%20Dungeons_and_Dragons%20drow.jpg[/img][/spoiler][/float]
[b]Name:[/b] Celes Starfall
[b]Age:[/b] Adult (125)
[b]Class:[/b] Rogue
[b]Concept:[/b] The Rogue who wants to live
[b]Race:[/b] Shadow Fey
[B]Size:[/B] Medium
[B]Height:[/B] 5'7"
[B]Weight:[/B] 105 lbs
[B]Measurements:[/B] 32B-23-33
[B]Gender:[/B] Female
[B]Alignment:[/B] Neutral with evil tendencies (Murder for money is kinda evil)
[B]Creed:[/B] "If the Pay is There I Do Not Care"
[B]XP Earned:[/b] 3
[B]XP Spent:[/b]

[table]
[tr][td] [B]Str:[/B] 11 +0 [/td] [td] [B]Level:[/B] 1[/td] [td] [B]XP[/B]: 0[/td][/tr]
[tr][td] [B]Dex:[/B]17 +3 [/td][td] [B]BAB:[/B] +0 [/td][td] [B]HP:[/B] 9 (1d8+9) [/td][/tr]
[tr] [td] [B]Con:[/B] 13 +1 [/td] [td] [B]Grapple:[/B] +0 [/td][td][size=8pt]All stats are without adjustments for race[/size][/td][/tr]
[tr] [td] [B]Int:[/B] 16 +3 [/td] [td] [B]Speed:[/B] 30' [/td] [td][url=https://elliquiy.com/forums/dicebot.php?u=59148][size=8pt]3 sets of 4d6 took Best set[/size][/url][/td][/tr]
[tr] [td] [B]Wis:[/B] 12+1  [/td] [td] [B]Init:[/B] +3 [/td][td]Favored Class: Rogue (+1 Skill Point per lvl) [/td][/tr]
[tr] [td] [B]Cha:[/B] 13 +1 [/td][td] [B]CMD:[/B] +13 (10 +BAB +/- Str +/-Dex +/-Size +Misc) [/td][td] [B]CMB:[/B] +0 (+ BAB +/- Str +/- Size) [/td][/tr][/table]

[table]
[tr][td]          [/td][td][b]Total[/b][/td][td][b]Base[/b][/td][td][b]Mod[/b][/td][td][b]Misc[/b][/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b]Fort:[/b]  [/td][td]+1    [/td][td]+0   [/td][td]+1  [/td][td]+0    [/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b]Ref:[/b]   [/td][td]+5    [/td][td]+2    [/td][td]+3  [/td][td]+0  [/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b]Will:[/b]   [/td][td]+1    [/td][td]+0    [/td][td]+1  [/td][td]+0    [/td][/tr]
[/table]
[b]Notes:[/b]

[table]
[tr][td][B]Armor:[/B] 10(Base) +4(armor) +3(Dex) +0(Size) +0(Nat) +0(Misc) = 17[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][B]Touch:[/B] 13 [B]Flatfooted:[/B] 14[/td][/tr]
[/table]

[B]Spell Res:[/B] None
[B]Dmg Res:[/B] None

[table]
[tr][td][b]Weapon[/b][/td][td][b]Damage[/b][/td][td][b]Crit Range[/b][/td][td][b]Misc.[/b][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Rapier[/td][td]1d6+0[/td][td]18-20x2[/td][td]Plain Rapier, nothing special[/td][/tr]
[/table]

[B]Abilities:[/B] Sneak Attack (1d6), Trap finding,

[B]Feats: [/B] Combat Expertise, Improved Feint (Bonus Feat),

[table]
[tr][td][b]Skill Points[/b]: 8(Class)+3(Int)+1(Favored Class) = 12  [/td][td]Max Ranks: 1[/td][/tr][/table]
[b]Skills[/b]          [b]Total[/b]  [b]Ranks[/b]  [b]Mod[/b]  [b]Misc.[/b] 
Acrobatics     +7      1        +3    +3 
Bluff              +5      1        +1    +3 
Climb            +4      1        +0    +3 
Diplomacy     +5      1        +1    +3 
D. Device      +7      1        +3    +3 
Escp Artist    +7      1        +7    +3 
K. Local         +7     1        +3   +3
Linguistics    +7      1        +3    +3 
Perception    +5      1        +1    +3 
S. Motive      +5      1        +1    +3 
Stealth         +7      1        +3    +3
Swim           +4      1        +0   +3
[B]Background Skills[/b]
[table][tr][td][b]Skills[/b]          [/td][td][b]Total[/b]  [/td][td][b]Ranks[/b]  [/td][td][b]Mod[/b]  [/td][td][b]Misc.[/b]  [/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Strip Tease[/td][td]   +5  [/td][td]    1      [/td][td] +1  [/td][td]  +3  [/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Masseuse [/td][td]   +5    [/td][td]    1      [/td][td] +1  [/td][td]  +3  [/td][/tr][/table]
[B]Notes:[/B] Celes's Preferred Class is Rogue and gains 1 extra skill point per lvl, Celes's bonus skill is for her perform/profession skills
[B]Languages:[/B] Common (Starting Language), Sylvan (Starting Language) Abyssal, Draconic, Undercommon, Elven, Dwarven, Orcish, Giant

[table]
[tr][td][b]Equipment[/b]:  [/td][td][b]Weight[/b][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Rapier:  [/td][td]2 LBS[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Chain Shirt:[/td][td]25 LBS[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Non Desc Clothing:[/td][td]2 LBS[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Silk Rope:[/td][td]5 LBS[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Small Mirror:[/td][td].5 LBS[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]String:[/td][td]1 LBS[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Chalk:[/td][td]1 LBS[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Her Lover's Ring (Cursed Artifact):[/td][td]0 LBS[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b]Total weight Carried:[/b][/td] [td]36.5 LBS[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b]Money:[/b][/td] [td]0 GP, 5 SP, 0 CP[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b]Jewels:[/b][/td] [td]Shiny Pearl (100GP)[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b]Weight Capacity:[/b][/td] [td]0-38lbs (light)[/td][td]39-76lbs (medium)[/td][td]77-115lbs (heavy)[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][b]Push/Pull:[/b][/td][td]575lbs[/td][/tr]
[/table]

[b]Appearance:[/b] Celes has the untouched beauty of her fey heritage. Her skin is a dusky grey hue and she is often mistaken for a Drow, something Celes will neither admit or deny. Her piercing red eyes seem to follow those around her and even when her face is at ease her eyes have the look of someone ready for trouble. She is seen often smiling or grinning at those around her. She has long white hair, her partners know that the curtains match the drapes, that she treats carefully. When on the duty she wears dark grey's and blacks to help her blend into the shadow and takes special care to hide her hair. When she's off the clock she wears eye catching clothing. When she's pretending to be a Masseuse she often only wears the barest of clothing. She has a slim elven body with proper curves for an elfen individual as herself. She is slightly taller than the average elf at 5'7" and enjoys lording it over those shorter elves she comes in contact with.

[b]Personality:[/b] Celes has a personality that can be best described as mercurial. In the heart of battle she can be cruelly sadistic, frequently going for the kill and dragging out the battle as long as she could, for battle is where she feels most alive. When on the clock nothing will stop her from accomplishing a mission. When she's hanging out with the very few friends, really people she has freely invited to join her in drinking, she is a good and jovial person. As if every second could be her very last moment. She does not concern herself with grudges or petty revenge and has worked with past enemies, it was just business. Celes has no qualms about murder or robbery and will do anything if you pay her ridiculously low fee, she always however gets the right to choose her mission and only picks the ones that seem fun or challenging. Because of her race, not drow, Celes must live to the fullest because someday soon her soul will be consumed by the very shadows in which she makes her living. Her biggest fear is her greatest ally. The shadows are always calling to Celes and there's a chance that her soul will be fletched away little by little and when her soul is gone can Celes still claim to be the same person? Can she even claim to be alive?

[b]History:[/b] Celes does not talk about her past or much of anything from her hundred odd years of live. Celes was born into a family that in order to survive made a very poor choice. Her ancestors to protect themselves aligned themselves with demons who lived in the shadows. In exchange for their souls they would be given the power to protect themselves when the world broke. Any wizard could have told them the folly of making deals with demons. But the damage was done and now the entire race lived with the curse. Their soul did not belong to them, it was merely on loan until such as a time, normally death, that the demons decided to collect it.

Celes had her brothers and sisters ripped from her grasp as one by one the demons claimed them. Leaving the young woman to find a way on her own. She lived for a time in the cracks, flitting from shadow to shadow and stealing what she needed to survive. She'd been born in the big city and there were so many disgusting and sick orphans no one paid attention to her. Until she murdered someone for bread. Celes's life changed that day for the better, if she spoke about this period.

With an almost indifferent attitude towards life she became a thief, a decent one but where she excelled was assassination. Celes had a knack for slipping from shadow to shadow and ending the life of whomever paid her price. She didn't charge much for assassinations and she came to known as the cheapest assassin in the guild. She killed to fill a hole in her soul, a hole that could not nor would ever be filled. She always maintained to take the most difficult and fun jobs. Members of her profession expected Celes to die any day from the way she acted.

With a steady supply of good money and  work she became a regular at the bars, often paying handsomely to the bards to compose gay ballads, and naturally she splurged on all those who drank. There would always be more work and more money. Besides she couldn't take it with her so why should she keep any of it? Many considered her the worst of the worst. She had no morals or qualms about killing, robbing or fighting anyone. And she made plenty of enemies but if the contract said not to kill, she didn't kill. She was a stickler for following the rules, because as she sardonically would put it that's what got her into this mess.

Celes always had a string of lovers, one in almost every bar, but there was one she frequented most frequently and she grew to be very attached to one individual. She even considered giving up her way of life to settle down, though she refused to have children because she would not bring more of her kind into her cursed existence. What Celes didn't realize is she'd made many enemies in her time as assassin, bounty hunter, thief and all around criminal scum. When word got round that she was planning retirement and would be marrying her enemies poisoned her wedding feast, killing everyone but Celes who happened to be allergic to eggs and did not eat the cake that was prepared. Everyone died in a painful manner. Celes never did find out who had plotted to kill her and her loved one but she vowed she would get vengence.

She spent years running down leads and never turned anything up. Finally she realized that it was part of her curse and couldn't be happy. She was relagating herself to an unhappy life when she heard about the transformations and the wizards attempt to become immortal Celes knew she had to kill him for his power and to ascend herself. Now with the fear of the world constantly morphing Celes's blood is invigorated. Finally a moment to live for!

[b]Temptations:[/b] Celes hopes that by journeying into the tower she will gain her cure from her curse. Transformations entice her, surely they magic is strong enough to break a curse she inherited. Celes's thinking is she cannot have her soul consumed by the darkness if she is no longer a Shadow Fey. Her fearless nature means there is nothing that will dissuaded her from her goal.

[b]Temptations:[/b] Celes hopes that by journeying into the tower she will gain her cure from her curse. Transformations entice her, surely this magic is strong enough to break the curse she inherited. Celes's thinking is she cannot have her soul consumed by the darkness if she is no longer a Shadow Fey. Her fearless nature means there is nothing that will dissuaded her from her goal. With her knowledge of traps she figures of all the adventures in the maze she will be the one to claim the reward.

[B]Transformations:[/b] Sent in a PM

[b]Dream Sequence:[/b] Her long dark night had come to an end, the copper smelling liquid that she stood waist deep in had no end but that didn't dissuaded her. Thick red liquid was as thick as honey, sticking to her and sinking into her clothing. The slogging continued as the sun slowly rose over a lone hill. Her feet sunk into the muck under the liquid, sucking her down, making each step a herculean effort. The faces of her friends and lovers appearing in the swirling ruby like liquid. A low keeling whine pierced through her skin and sending a chill through her soaked bones. The sun's rapid decent with the rising tide of boiling liquid cooked her alive yet no relief could be found for her freezing bones. Her skin peeling and flaking on one hand and rotting and becoming worm infested on the other. A scream wailed up in her throat but sound could not shatter her stone vocal cords. Each and every belabored step bringing her closer and closer to the hill and it's looming stone service. Someday she would climb upon this mountain. But it seemed to get further and further with each tick of the clock. Her joints stiff and creaking. The world grew black and empty as her eyes rotted in her sockets... Her end as always absorbed by the darkness that lived in her.

[spoiler=Character RP CD]
[table][tr]
[td][font=impact][size=14pt]Track Name[/size][/font][/td][td][font=impact][size=14pt]Artist/Album[/size][/font][/td][td][font=impact][size=14pt]Meaning[/size][/font][/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Angels And Demons [/td] [td]Akair Kaida & Yoshino Aoki - Breath of Fire III OST [/td] [td]Ancient Pacts[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Cannibal Fantasy [/td] [td]Damon Albrn & Michael Hyman - Ravenous OST[/td] [td] Born to be consumed[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Parn No Te Ma [/td] [td]Kaze No Orchestra - Record Of Lodoss War OST[/td] [td] Making the most of damnation[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]The End and the Beginning III [/td] [td]Yoshino Aoki - Breath of Fire IV OST[/td] [td] Life's not so bad if you don't care[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Palanthas[/td] [td] Dragon Lance - RPG Scores[/td] [td] May I take this life?[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Strolling in the Town[/td] [td] Koichi Sugiyama - Dragon Quest VII OST[/td] [td] You've gotta cute face, wanna sleep together?[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]I Want This World[/td] [td] Slayers - Slayers OST[/td] [td] You can't outrun the darkness[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Two Hornpipes (Tortuga)[/td] [td] Hans Zimmer - Pirates of the Caribbean OST[/td] [td] You don't live forever[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Delita's Theme[/td] [td] Hitoshi Sakimoto - Final Fantasy Tactics OST[/td] [td] You say murderer like I care[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Spanish Nights[/td] [td] Blackmore's Night - Under a Violet Moon[/td] [td] Barkeep! Wine for my friends![/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Martha's Quest[/td] [td] BBC National Orchestra of Wales - Doctor Who OST[/td] [td] You think you can send me to my maker?[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Apostle of an Evil God[/td] [td] Sega - Dragon Force OST[/td] [td] You call that a stab? Let me return the favor.[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Balrog[/td] [td] Street Fighter - SF II Instrumental Album[/td] [td] I've killed, now let's dance[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Trail of Blood[/td] [td] Nobuo Uemastu - Final Fantasy VII OST[/td] [td] I can't fill this hole...[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Rain of Stars (Instrumental)[/td] [td] Kaze No Orchestra - Record of Lodoss War OST[/td] [td] Is there an end to my dreams?[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Time Only Knows[/td] [td] Stuart Chatwood - Prince of Persia Sands of Time[/td] [td] Let's just wait here..[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]DVD Menu Music [/td] [td]Yu Yu Hakusho - Yu Yu Hakusho DVD Music[/td] [td] Why must everything crumble?[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Another Miracle[/td] [td] Alan Silversti - Death Becomes Her OST[/td] [td] I must break this curse! [/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]In The Land of Twilight, Under The Moon[/td] [td] Yuki Kajiura - .Hack//Sign OST[/td] [td] Let's dance we only have a little time[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Ora[/td] [td] Robot Carnival - Robot Carnival OST[/td] [td] I'm sorry I did this to you[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Cry Little Sister [/td] [td] Gerald McCann - The Lost Boys OST[/td] [td] Here I lay my beloved to rest [/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Beowulf Main Theme[/td] [td] Alan Silversti - Beowulf OST[/td] [td] You took the only one to love me![/td]
[/tr]
[tr][td]The Dark and Endless Dalek Night[/td] [td] BBC Orchestra - Doctor Who OST[/td] [td] Nothing will stop me from breaking this curse[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Dormaguez - Great Battle in the Vast Sky[/td] [td] Koichi Sugiyama - Dragon Quest VIII OST[/td] [td] The thing about curses...[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Gently As She Goes [/td] [td] Alan Silversti & Robin Penn-Wright - Beowulf OST[/td] [td] they can sometimes be broken in unusual ways[/td]
[/tr][/table]
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Edit Log]
13/03/17 - Added Height & Weight, moved Langs under Skills, Added Jewels, Added Misc Magic item
[/spoiler]

Knarfy

Hmmm... Question:

Is any of the unearthed arcana stuff up for consideration? Obviously subject to approval, but some of the class archetypes are pretty neat and I'd like to give them a try.

They don't really come into play until later levels, so there's time to think about it if you're not sure. ;3
Godbound: Erry day I'm shillin' it
My O/O thread
Why isn't Knarfy posting? - probably because he is lazy
"The most iconic hentai is essentially Lovecraftian, in that it portrays sexual pleasure as beyond human comprehension, to which the only possible response is a descent into hedonistic madness." - Anonymous

Bibliophilia

Milaelen 'Aelen' Quinrona

Sexuality: Slutty

Personality:  Aelen is not what one expects if they know, or have heard of, the Moon elves.  Quite sociable and sweet, always eager to make a new friend or engage in a bit of derring-do, he seems incapable of grasping the difficult concept that life is hard and not everyone is a trustworthy person.  Despite the difficulties he's faced, he remains unerringly optimistic and convinced that there is more good in the world than bad.  This doesn't mean he is a coward or unwilling to take up arms when necessary, just that he prefers to try and befriend his foes, if possible.  He's a sucker for anything pleasing to the senses, such as sweets, soft fabrics, warm skin and pleasant smells.  Some have called him vain in the past, and it's true he prefers to always look and smell his best, loving nothing more than a hot cup of chocolate and a warm, honeysuckle-scented bath at the end of the day.  But, he's willing to sacrifice good looks and personal comfort when it is needed, whether it means getting messy pushing a cart through the mud or looking foolish in order to distract onlookers so that a companion can flee.  He's not very clever, can be easily distracted and, as said, tends to believe everything he is told.  However, he's also fiercely loyal, mostly honest and a sympathetic shoulder for his friends.  (Even when he does lie, which is rare, he's terrible at it, and never remembers the lie he invented, so is constantly making up new ones.)
History:

Argent:  I want to start him off with a broken rapier, and I'd prefer to change his chain mail to scale mail, so he can use it without the movement penalty.  I'll understand if you'd rather I chose the leather and bow combo...but, I see him more as a Dex-based melee fighter and not so much a bowman.  Let me know, and I can tweak if necessary.

P.S.  Glad to hear work is giving you a bit of a break, finally!

jeflint

Yira Firebelly tenative servant for our lord and Master Hyscrown. She's not the brightest torch in the tavern... but she's frisky.

I'm not sure exactly what the 5th ed NPC classes are... if there aren't any I might just take Bard... since I envision she works/worked at the tavern before Master Hyscrown recruited her.

Chulanowa

My brain is down to five contenders. This will require either deep thought and concept-juggling... or rolling a d5.

Bibliophilia

Aelen has something you can juggle.  Hey-o!  -snicker.-

Knarfy

Ok, I'm either going to do a Gnome as some kind of fighty hammer-wizard, or a counts-as dwarf as maybe some kind of cleric or paladin.

NSFW
My O/O thread
"The most iconic hentai is essentially Lovecraftian, in that it portrays sexual pleasure as beyond human comprehension, to which the only possible response is a descent into hedonistic madness." - Anonymous

Chulanowa

Knarfy

I've been trying to find a character to use her new design with for ages. This seems like as good a time as any :)
My O/O thread

pdragon

My beautiful tiefling monk. I hope y'all enjoy him.

Zae'el Ras'kar

full image (nsfw)

Zae'el Ras'kar

Personality: With a gentle demeanor, fluid grace, and a natural talent for quickly picking up and mastering any fighting form laid out in front of him, Zae'el at first seems like a perfect fit to become a monk. However where he excels in the physical and temperamental aspects of the practice, he has a hard time when it comes to matters of..."conduct". While his infernal blood does not pull him towards evil as strongly as other tieflings, he still has a wildness in him that simply cannot be contained within the harsh rules of a proper monastery. He is playful, mischievous, often lascivious, and has a penchant for bending whatever rules he is placed within. This "rebellious" behavior doesn't come from a place of malice, quite the opposite his rebelliousness often manifests itself in ways that are quite affectionate, he is simply a free spirit that is driven to do things his own way, more ruled by passion and fancy than by code or discipline. That's not to say he doesn't try, he does make a genuine effort to present himself in a respectful manner, most of the time, and will often recite old sayings and metaphors from his training in an attempt to appear wise and knowledgeable. Ultimately he will always try to do the right thing, even if that means taking a more "unique" approach to getting there. Also as he is a foreigner to this land, he still has some trouble when it comes to understanding the proper customs and culture of the area, leading to unintentional misunderstandings.

History: Born in the eastern land of Kara-Tur, Zae'el is a rare breed of infernal often refereed to as a "pale" or "ivory" Tiefling. Little is known of his parentage, as he was found abandoned at the gate of a local monastery when he was but a baby. Normally the monastery would have nothing to do with one born of infernal blood, let alone accept them into their fold, but they had sensed something different about Zae'el. Perhaps there was something pure about his aura, or perhaps they took his snow white skin as a sign that he was not as heavily "corrupted" as other tieflings. Whatever the reason the monks took the young boy in and raised them as one of their own.

Zae'el proved to be an amazing student, at least when it came to the physical training. He was fast, agile, seemed to pick up new lessons with ease and always showed a genuine desire to be taught. However while he was indeed more pure hearted than most tieflings, he still had a mischievousness to him that his tutors could never break. He would sneak in to the kitchens to steal wine and food, would venture out into the city at night to explore and party, and on several occasions had been discovered in the beds of fellow acolytes, helping to relieve the woes of their celibate oaths. Ultimately it became too much to bare, and fearing his influence over the other students Zae'el was sent away from the monastery. However, knowing he still had goodness and potential within himself, they did not just strip him of his status and throw him to the wolves, but instead sent him across the ocean to act a missionary in a foreign land, spreading their teachings, performing righteous acts, and perhaps one day earning the right to return to his home.

His task was at the same time saddening yet freeing. He would be leaving the only home he ever knew, but he would also be given the freedom to live his life without the strict rules of his tutors. As such he embraced his new duty and set off without resistance. However he discovered shortly after arriving that life was not easy for a poor foreigner in an unfamiliar land, and has been struggling just to support himself, let alone carrying out any sort of grand, pious mission.

Race: Tiefling
Level: 1
Class: Monk (1)
Proficiency: +2
Background: Far Traveler (Wandering monk from Kara-Tur)
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Languages: Common, Infernal, Shou

Sexuality: Pansexual
Height: 5'5
Weight: 115lbs

Armor Class: 14
Initiative: +2
Speed: 30'
Saving Throws: Strength, Dexterity

Passive Perception: 14
Max Hit Points: 8
Hit Dice: 1 - d8

Attributes:

STR 10 (+0)

DEX 15 (+2)

CON 10 (+0)

INT 10 (+0)

WIS 15 (+2)

CHA 14 (+2)

Proficiencies

Armor: none
Weapons: simple Weapons, shortswords
Tools: Caligraphy, Flute
Skills: Acrobatics, Stealth, Insight, Perception

Equipment:

-Short Sword (Jian)

-Explorer's Pack

-10 Darts

-Traveler's Clothes

-Flute

-Piece of jewelry (pearl headband 10 gp)

-Pouch (5 gp)

Traits/Abilities:

Darkvision: Thanks to your infernal heritage, you have superior vision in dark and dim Conditions. You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in Darkness as if it were dim light. You can’t discern color in Darkness, only shades of gray.

Hellish Resistance:You have Resistance to fire damage.

Infernal Legacy: You know the Thaumaturgy cantrip. Spells are cast with CHA
Thaumaturgy
You manifest a minor wonder, a sign of supernatural power, within range. You create one of the following magical effects within range.

• Your voice booms up to three times as loud as normal for 1 minute.

• You cause flames to flicker, brighten, dim, or change color for 1 minute.

• You cause harmless tremors in the ground for 1 minute.

• You create an Instantaneous sound that originates from a point of your choice within range, such as a rumble of thunder, the cry of a raven, or ominous whispers.

• You instantaneously cause an unlocked door or window to fly open or slam shut.

• You alter the appearance of your eyes for 1 minute.

If you cast this spell multiple times, you can have up to three of its 1-minute effects active at a time, and you can dismiss such an effect as an action.
Attributes

Range: 30 ft   
Components: V   
Duration: 1 minute   
Casting Time: 1 action   
Level   0   
School: Transmutation

Unarmored Defense: Beginning at 1st level, while you are wearing no armor and not wielding a Shield, your AC equals 10 + your Dexterity modifier + your Wisdom modifier.

Martial Arts: Your practice of martial arts gives you mastery of Combat styles that use unarmed strikes and monk Weapons, which are shortswords and any simple Melee Weapons that don't have the Two-Handed or heavy property.
details

You gain the following benefits while you are unarmed or wielding only monk Weapons and you aren't wearing armor or wielding a Shield.

• You can use Dexterity instead of Strength for the Attack and Damage Rolls of your unarmed strikes and monk Weapons.

• You can roll a d4 in place of the normal damage of your unarmed strike or monk weapon.

• When you use the Attack action with an unarmed strike or a monk weapon on Your Turn, you can make one unarmed strike as a Bonus Action. For example, if you take the Attack action and Attack with a Quarterstaff, you can also make an unarmed strike as a Bonus Action, assuming you haven't already taken a Bonus Action this turn.

Certain monasteries use specialized forms of the monk Weapons. For example, you might use a club that is two lengths of wood connected by a short chain (called a nunchaku) or a Sickle with a shorter, straighter blade (called a kama). Whatever name you use for a monk weapon, you can use the game Statistics provided for the weapon.

Weapons/Attacks

Unarmed- 1d4 (+2)

Short Sword- 1d6 (+2) piercing   Finesse, light

Dart- 1d4 (+2) piercing   Finesse, thrown (range 20/60)

What a thrill...with silence and darkness through the night....

Request Thread

Argent Adonis

Quote from: Bibliophilia on May 03, 2017, 07:28:23 PMArgent:  I want to start him off with a broken rapier, and I'd prefer to change his chain mail to scale mail, so he can use it without the movement penalty.  I'll understand if you'd rather I chose the leather and bow combo...but, I see him more as a Dex-based melee fighter and not so much a bowman.  Let me know, and I can tweak if necessary.

P.S.  Glad to hear work is giving you a bit of a break, finally!
Yeah, I think scale mail will be okay, and I'll include it among his things when Hyscrown funds them.  Now, I'm only hoping the break actually lasts!

Quote from: Knarfy on May 03, 2017, 06:51:12 PMHmmm... Question:

Is any of the unearthed arcana stuff up for consideration? Obviously subject to approval, but some of the class archetypes are pretty neat and I'd like to give them a try.

They don't really come into play until later levels, so there's time to think about it if you're not sure. ;3
If you've got something in mind from Unearthed, just let me know and I'll let you know.  Most things I've seen so far seem okay (but that said, my UA library probably needs updating)

Quote from: jeflint on May 03, 2017, 08:41:11 PMYira Firebelly tenative servant for our lord and Master Hyscrown. She's not the brightest torch in the tavern... but she's frisky.

I'm not sure exactly what the 5th ed NPC classes are... if there aren't any I might just take Bard... since I envision she works/worked at the tavern before Master Hyscrown recruited her.
As of yet, I've haven't seen a dedicated NPC progression for 5e, so for now at least, working with PC class to get something up and running will have to have to work.  As a servant-build is a 3rd level character, you could multiclass on all 3 levels to dilute the power a bit if that's your inclination.

Sain

Welcome back to free-timelandia Argent :D

(Just wanted to post something and say I'm still eager to play Andrea).
PM box is open. So is my discord: Sain#5301

Argent Adonis

Good to be back!

I've got the OOC thread set up, so anyone who is definitely sure they are joining the game can head over there and start making connections.

Chulanowa

Name: Lhii of the Three Ducks Crew
Race: Ghostwise halfling
Class: Rogue
Background: Outlander
Sexuality: Yes.
Sheet: https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1184907

Background: Lhii doesn't really know where she "came from." She knows how she was raised though; The wolves of Fharnlahn Wood are said to be particularly ferocious, but she knows them as nurturing and cautious creatures. She played with their pups, she howled with them, and when she was older, she hunted with them. Life in the wood made her ears sharp, her limbs strong, and her feet agile. She knew of the other things that came into the forest on two legs, stinking of dead skins and hot metal, and avoided them with the rest of her pack. What she didn't knows was that they knew of her too. Several groups of halflings from the nearby village clambered about in the woods looking after the rumor of a wild girl living in them, to no effect other than to find tracks.
It was her own curiosity that finally brought her back into the fold. While most of the walkers came and went, one bunch in particular stayed. And they seemed to prey on the others who visited. For several weeks Lhii watched these ones, studying them as she would a rival pack or a herd of deer. When a naked girl covered in mud and bramble-scratches walked out of the verge and began half-talking, half-growling at them, the bandits of Samm Langwhistle's Three-Ducks crew nearly shit themselves.
Things progressed quickly. Lhii would come and go, spending most of her time learning the language, aided by her ability to communicate through the mind - a strange trait the other halflings found uncomfortable but interesting to say the least. They also taught her the basic tasks of the camp, and then when she knew more, taught her the ropes of banditry. The Three-Duck Crew were not brigands or murderers by any means - they made a show of robbery, because Samm was, at heart, an entertainer, and the wood provided most of their needs. For a while, Lhii had a new home, a second pack.
All that changed when the Fire Nation local lord attacked. Baron Heugen von Hauserr never liked halflings. He certainly hated wolves, and brigands - he saw little difference between the three, in fact. After a particular dignitary of a particular noble family found himself unclothed, unhorsed, and unceremoniously dumped out of ht woods by a band of halflings using duck calls as their signal, the Baron had enough. He called up his men and all but burned the forest to the ground.
Lhii and the other halflings managed to escape. So too, did at least some of the wolves -she hopes so, anyway. But the Fharnlahn Wood is no longer home, and the Three-Ducks Crew is no longer a pack, so Lhii wanders, learning and exploring new places in a world she never imagined could be so large.