A dream I had (Sort of steam-punky.)

Started by Inkidu, May 16, 2009, 01:45:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inkidu

I have had a strange reoccurring dream over the past few weeks and it's fascinating. I'm sort of a third-party observer to this whole thing and so my part in this role play is, as of yet, not entirely fleshed out. However, I'm looking for about three other people.

The premise of my subconscious is this:

There is a group of mercenaries called the Roshenberg Company (Again my subconscious) and they are travel around in a grand, if somewhat jury-rigged airship. A blimp slash clockwork thing that I will describe in further detail when I get more interest. The name of it is Atlas

They travel around an arctic landscape with short springs and summers and long winters. It's a mountainous region and often cold. It's divided into large city-states that are constantly feuding with one another.

The characters of importance:

Alright as a mercenary company there are about two hundred people on the ship but there were three besides myself that really were the focus.

Melody "Tinker": A petite sixteen-year-old girl that's always covered in soot and grease. She's the resident engineer and handles explosives, sieges, and the like for the company. She's a math genius with a penchant for books.

Starbuck "Flintlock" Blackenridge (Moby Dick): A rather jaded twenty-something with a missing eye. He's the arms expert and first mate of the Atlas answers only to sir from his crewmates. He's no-nonsense and a sense of humor is not in his psyche though he's not beyond grim irony.

Annalise "Boss-Lady" Hardlock: A twenty or thirty-something woman. A really gorgeous one at that with exception to one thing. Her right arm is a clockwork prosthetic. It's a masterwork too. Very sleek and natural looking despite being stainless-steel in nature. It's not bulky or off putting but she's still very self-conscious about it. She often tries to keep it from sight.

Captain of the Atlas and razor witted. She makes sure the Roshenberg Co. Meets her standards.

Obviously being my brain each is very detailed and describe but for the sake of role play I'm more interested that any takers follow what I've written.

I don't really expect my story to catch on but I thought it was a neat dream. I will be playing my own part in the dream of course.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

PeacethatPowerbrings

I'd love to play Melody, if that is alright, I really like the idea of her character. Hope you get more interest too, this one has some real potential.
I am filled with recollections of lives I have not lived.

transmogrify

Annalise "Boss-Lady" Hardlock sounds like a character I could really sink my teeth into - this is exactly the type of roleplay I have been waiting for.

I really hope that this one gets going!

*crosses fingers, arms, legs and toes*

Ixy

Sounds like a good set of roles.  I'm interested in participating in this... how much license are you considering allowing for personalizing these characters, and is there any chance for expanding the cast slightly

The genre of Steampunk, especially, appeals to me... so Romanticized (literally) and socially multifaceted. 

What would you like by way of application?  A writing sample?

Inkidu

Sorry about not getting back I'm trying to work E in around not only my limited interweb time but a new job as well.

Personalization, I am trying to keep it open but as long as it doesn't really mess with what I've already described I can cope.

The cast is quite expansive actually. There are over a hundred or so unique characters (When I dream, I dream big) but I want to keep it small for the above concerns.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.