Sept of the Emerald Glade (Big Game) [Any Gender Players Wanted]

Started by Josietta, February 07, 2011, 01:12:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latooni Subota

Normally I'm more of a Geist or Mage girl myself, but I gotta admit . . this has my interest. I just need to relearn a lot of Werewolf terminology since at the moment I'm actually playing a Forsaken in an IRL chronicle, so all the terminology and info in my head is for the Forsaken. Phew, been ages since I cracked open an oWoD book. I'll get to re-learning things, and see what I can do for a concept.
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

LunarSage

Great to have you on board!  The more the merrier!  We'll be here to answer any questions any of you might have.  ;D

Also, books won't be necessary.  Everything you need to know for this game is in the Information Thread for your convenience.  :-)

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

Latooni Subota

Hm. Are we allowed to go for one of those Guardian slots, or no?

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

LunarSage

Josietta

Having an established character gives reason for it to be a guardian of the caern. :)  Its also easier to get into play.

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

Latooni Subota

Actually, nevermind. I'm not gonna go through with this after all. I can't wrap my head around oWoD terminology and fluff, especially since I have an active nWoD Werewolf so i'm constantly getting the REALLY different fluff being pumped into my noggin'.

LunarSage

Awww no worries.  If you ever change your mind, we'll be here.  :-)

Dhi

Wow! I'm very interested. I've done OWoD Werewolf before as a player and as a storyteller, and had a great time. I've been reading my Werewolf stuff again since the anniversary book was announced, and jonesing to play.

The character I have in mind is a Silent Strider from the Muslim middle east, who escaped the plight of women there with her first transformation and journey into the dark roads of the umbra. She fled to America, the land of the free, but ended up a Canadian citizen with only a temporary visa into the US. I see her as an umbral guide, inspired by Harriet Tubman to help abused women to escape their situation, especially in her native part of the world. If your vision of the umbra supports taking mortals through the gauntlet, that would be something I'd like to explore. If not, it's no big deal!

For inspiration I'd probably use the Silent Striders tribe book, Rage Across Egypt, and Umbra Revised. If possible I'd like to take Tsetse Fly as my totem, to emphasize the protective, vengeful side of the Silent Striders.

I see that you're looking for a female character and I hope it's not a problem that any character I play is going to be a lesbian. It's not really satisfying for me to play a straight character. If this means losing honor/being nagged by elders for not meeting her obligation to have children, I can live with that. It could be interesting.

Does that sound okay?

Josietta

Quote from: Dhi on October 28, 2011, 02:38:59 PM
Wow! I'm very interested. I've done OWoD Werewolf before as a player and as a storyteller, and had a great time. I've been reading my Werewolf stuff again since the anniversary book was announced, and jonesing to play.

The character I have in mind is a Silent Strider from the Muslim middle east, who escaped the plight of women there with her first transformation and journey into the dark roads of the umbra. She fled to America, the land of the free, but ended up a Canadian citizen with only a temporary visa into the US. I see her as an umbral guide, inspired by Harriet Tubman to help abused women to escape their situation, especially in her native part of the world. If your vision of the umbra supports taking mortals through the gauntlet, that would be something I'd like to explore. If not, it's no big deal!

For inspiration I'd probably use the Silent Striders tribe book, Rage Across Egypt, and Umbra Revised. If possible I'd like to take Tsetse Fly as my totem, to emphasize the protective, vengeful side of the Silent Striders.

I see that you're looking for a female character and I hope it's not a problem that any character I play is going to be a lesbian. It's not really satisfying for me to play a straight character. If this means losing honor/being nagged by elders for not meeting her obligation to have children, I can live with that. It could be interesting.

Does that sound okay?

Hello there! 

Your character concept is perfectly fine :) 

Just be sure to read the Information Thread .

This isn't a system game per say, so actual stats and such aren't used. While we do have "gifts" we are calling them 'powers' and each starting character receives 5 powers plus one power for their auspice or tribe. These "powers" are to reflect your characters talents and abilities not just standard "gifts" like you'd see in a oWoD system game. IE if you are a master in the arts of kendo, that would normally on a system game sheet be listed as a secondary skill in martial arts/brawl, however in this game it would be included in your powers list (which are looked at on a case to case basis along with supporting history).

Make sense?

I do hope you will join us and if you have any questions feel free to PM myself and LunarSage (our Head GM) and we'll answer everything we can for you. :)

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Dhi

Yep, I feel like I understand the freeform system you're using. It sounds fantastic. I'll get a character sheet sketched out and send it to you and LunarSage, probably this weekend.

Josietta

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

The Golden Touch

-Waffles back and forth-

I've never played this type, but Dart got me interested in this game. Hmm... If you need another female, I'm thinking about adding another group game to my lists.

"Yesterday was the easy day."
Ideas (Open) /What Floats My Boat\ Absences

LunarSage

You're more than welcome, Goldie.  Just send the sheet to myself and Josietta and we can get you (and Dhi) in character just in time for the plottage.  :-)

The Golden Touch

Awesome. I will see if I can get a character sheet done in a bit.

LittleNekodemon

Would love to play my silent strider  theurge if I knew if this game was still up and running.
One wrong move and you are going to be doing laps, solider.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=38569.25/intro
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=38905.0/ons and offs

use my ims only for role-playing- ask me here first, thankx
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=168652.0

The Golden Touch

LunarSage

Hey LND!  :-)

The game is very much still going on (a bit slow at the moment but that's understandable since it's around the holidays) and we're actually on the verge of big game status which will make things much easier.

You're more than welcome to join!  Just whip up a character sheet with our guidelines and PM it to Josietta and myself and we'll see about getting you IC as quickly as we can.  Remember to read the information pertaining to our particular game (located on the first post of this thread as well as the Information Thread linked in there as well) as we are using a modifed version of standard Old WoD Werewolf stuff. 

Welcome aboard in advance!  ;D

drezdock

I too am interested in this. I played oWOD for many years, and it still has a soft spot in my heart. I had an idea for a glasswalker, but it looked like there were already a bunch of them on the character roster. Are those characters still active, or is there perhaps room for one more?

Josietta

Quote from: drezdock on November 28, 2011, 02:17:59 AM
I too am interested in this. I played oWOD for many years, and it still has a soft spot in my heart. I had an idea for a glasswalker, but it looked like there were already a bunch of them on the character roster. Are those characters still active, or is there perhaps room for one more?

Hi there! Sure there is more room for Glasswalkers! :)  We don't hold off on any tribes that want to join. The Sept is a Sept of Unity and welcome any and all into it. We'd love to have you join us. If you could just be sure to read the Information Thread .

This isn't a system game per say, so actual stats and such aren't used. While we do have "gifts" we are calling them 'powers' and each starting character receives 5 powers plus one power for their auspice or tribe. These "powers" are to reflect your characters talents and abilities not just standard "gifts" like you'd see in a oWoD system game. IE if you are a master in the arts of kendo, that would normally on a system game sheet be listed as a secondary skill in martial arts/brawl, however in this game it would be included in your powers list (which are looked at on a case to case basis along with supporting history).

Make sense?

You can fill out the character sheet below and PM it over to myself and LunarSage (our Head GM) and we'll answer everything we can for you as far as approval or questions you may have. All the information to fill out the sheet can be found at our Info thread that I linked to you above. I look forward to seeing what you come up with. :) 

[b]Name: [/b]

[b]Deed Name:[/b]

[b]Age: [/b]

[b]Gender: [/b]

[b]Orientation:  [/b]

[b]Position:[/b]

[b]Breed:[/b]

[b]Auspice:[/b]

[b]Tribe: [/b]

[b]Hair: [/b]

[b]Eyes:  [/b]

[b]Height:
[/b]
[b]Appearance: [/b]
[b]
Animal Appearance: [/b]

[b]Likes:[/b]

[b]Dislikes: [/b]

[b]"Powers": [/b]

[b]Personality: [/b]

[b]History:  [/b]

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

drezdock

(Sigh) Unfortunately, as much as I would like too, It looks like I will be unavailable to join in this game in addition to the ones I am already participating in. Thank you very much, hope everyone has fun and such!

Aemirys

Hi Josi and Lunar....

I just wanted to formally post my declaration of interest....

I've already got  a character sheet drawn up, just need to add a couple of details.

So I'll PM it to both of you shortly.

*super excited and pumped*
★  O/Os  ★  A/As  ★

Josietta

Aemi> Look forward to seeing it! Welcome to the World of Darkness!

drezdok >  sorry to see that you can't join us but do keep us in mind if you happen to have any room in the future! :) Good luck in your other games.

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Aemirys

★  O/Os  ★  A/As  ★