News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

BESM Interest check

Started by Mysterica, September 15, 2013, 05:07:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mysterica

Hello there everyone.  Two games that I've really been wanting to get a chance to try out and get a good test of are BESM and MAID, but unfortunately every time one gets started up, very shortly after the game is made, and long before anyone really has much of a chance to learn about the system the game just kinda... dies.  I would very much like to help remedy this by getting some people talking to play one, or both of these games.  New players like myself, experienced players, and prospective GMs are all welcome additions to gather here to talk about possible ideas so experienced players can have a nice time playing a seldom played game on here and new players can try to expand their boundaries.

Angie

Could I get links to these games? I'm a fairly decent improv GM, I can maybe roll the GM thing.
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

Yukina

Mysterica

Quote from: Angiejuusan on September 15, 2013, 05:26:54 PM
Could I get links to these games? I'm a fairly decent improv GM, I can maybe roll the GM thing.

Well I'll do what I can anyways.  http://www.maidrpg.com/    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Eyes,_Small_Mouth

I hope that is what you were after...

Quote from: Yugishogun on September 15, 2013, 05:28:56 PM
I'd love to play maid. :)

And welcome to you as well.  Always good to get quick responses.  Maybe we will get some more attention here and be able to do just that.

Yukina

*nods* it's a nice system which works great with roleplays. :)

Angie

Oh right, this one! Right, well, time to go find the MAID one. Not so sure about BESM, but I have been wanting to give MAID a try.
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

AndyZ

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Sethala

I'd be interested in a Maid game, though right now I don't have the time to GM one.

If no one else steps up though, I can possibly do one once I get caught up elsewhere.

Videospirit

I'm not entirely disinterested in these ideas. Just using the system itself is not much of an incentive for me though. Since two games using the same system can be vastly different.

Mysterica

Interesting.  The thing that seems to be throwing you a bit off the idea is precisely why I want to give them a try.  Different systems throw different wrenches into similar games and take them off in entirely different directions.that's what makes having so many different systems so interesting.  Every game can start off in one spot and start evolving differently.

Chaosfox

I may be up for joing in on either one of these... preferably MAID as I have never done that one before and after looking it up it looks interesting.
There is no Order only Chaos and all the joys that it brings. 
This way too On's and Off's

Videospirit

Well, neither besm nor maid imply a setting, although at least with maid you can get some idea of what kind of story to expect so I guess I'm slightly more interested in it.

Chaosfox

Quote from: Videospirit on September 16, 2013, 04:08:59 PM
Well, neither besm nor maid imply a setting, although at least with maid you can get some idea of what kind of story to expect so I guess I'm slightly more interested in it.

Besem is actually  open to many different settings I like it and it can be fun.

AndyZ

I suppose that if there's enough interest, I could try to run my ULTRA setting again.

The year is 20X5.  Various technological wonders exist, from genetic splicing, cyber-enhancements, virtual reality taken to the extreme, and rumors of harnessing latent psionic energy.  Nearly everyone has a wireless datachip implanted at the back of their neck, performing all the functions of a smartphone as well as a number of other features.  What doesn't exist, or at least the claim has been made for so long that few even question, is the supernatural.

Of course, that claim is getting harder and harder to hold together each day, when one's very memories can be uploaded into a computer and sent out over the Grid.

Tokyo exists on a Fault Line.  Most only believe such places to be prime for earthquakes, but those in the know also realize that the barrier between the worlds is also weak in such areas, especially during a major quake.

There's always a threat to the security of Japan, which is why the Self Defense Force (SDF) has a secret branch called the Unknown Lifeform Tactical and Reconnaissance Agency (ULTRA).  Originally started simply to categorize such matters, it slowly grows into its own special branch of the SDF.  Sometimes they work alongside the SDF, such as dealing with gangers with secondhand power armor, but their true mission is to stay ready for when the next quake comes and all sorts of monsters from beyond start crawling their way out of the beyond.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

kylie

Often find thsese sort of fizzle if there isn't some common idea about what it's going to do with the themes or setting early on.  You can get a bunch of wildly amusing, random characters only to find their players are also going off in 10 different directions and ultimately no one agrees on much.  Just my experience.   (Not saying that never happens with other group games. Whistles.)

I like them (at lest Maid -- haven't used the other much), but then I never seem to be particularly popular in them.  Maybe because the tops tend to keep assuming that anime-inspired should mean more or less pushover bottoms....  Myeh.

Chaosfox

Quote from: kylie on September 16, 2013, 04:18:38 PM
     Often find thsese sort of fizzle if there isn't some common idea about what it's going to do with the themes or setting early on.  You can get a bunch of wildly amusing, random characters only to find their players are also going off in 10 different directions and ultimately no one agrees on much.  Just my experience.   (Not saying that never happens with other group games. Whistles.)

I like them (at lest Maid -- haven't used the other much), but then I never seem to be particularly popular in them.  Maybe because the tops tend to keep assuming that anime-inspired should mean more or less pushover bottoms....  Myeh.

If they think that they don't watch to much Anime because I hvae seen some where the bottom type characters aren't pushovers >.<

Videospirit

Quote from: Chaosfox on September 16, 2013, 04:15:05 PM
Besem is actually  open to many different settings I like it and it can be fun.

Which is precisely the problem in me showing interest in this, I have no idea what to expect since "Let's play Besm" tells me absolutely nothing about the game except what rules will be used to handle interactions.

Chaosfox

Quote from: Videospirit on September 16, 2013, 06:51:45 PM
Which is precisely the problem in me showing interest in this, I have no idea what to expect since "Let's play Besm" tells me absolutely nothing about the game except what rules will be used to handle interactions.

I think the OP is looking to see  which system people are most interested in or if people are interested in the systems themselves for now.  Though that's just a guess

SSJ4Gojeta

I would be interested in maid once again. I only hope this one lasts longer.

Mysterica

OK...  So it looks like we've got pretty much enough people to have a Maid game if we can just find a GM for it, and the BESM idea is getting some interest as well, so perhaps it should be about time to retire this thread and create two specific searching for threads, Maid looking for GM, and BESM looking for players and/or GM.  Sound like a plan?

Chaosfox

Yukina

kylie

Provided it's a thread that says what that specific game is about, beyond the system  ;)

Mysterica

Attention, I have switched the name of the thread as now it has been proven that there is enough interest in starting a Maid game, we just need a recruitment thread now.  A link to this thread can be found here.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=185477.0

For the people interested in BESM, we could probably still use a bit more people even interested in the idea of the game before we start recruiting so we can stay here and just turn it into a recruitment thread here in a little bit.

AndyZ

We may want to have everyone post what kind of game they want, whether high school characters, fantasy or whatever.

Personally, I love games that aren't just modern contemporary, whether you use science, magic or psychic ability.