Malleus Maleficarum [Puritans, Supernaturals, Witchcraft and more! | LGBTQIA+]

Started by Faustus, December 28, 2016, 11:18:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Sakura

Bookmarking. This game sounds like fun.

Can I reserve a face claim please?

Mayra Suárez

I have work off tomorrow so I'll be able to go back and reread everything and work on my concept for a deviant lovely Witch.

Hazy Sky

Sakura! So good to see you. Hope you're keeping well.  :D

Edit: I'm thinking about a supernatural character to start with.  Going to do some reading up.
Looking for and accepting new stories.

Current earworms
Kallax
The Midnight
WOLFCLUB

CurvyKitten

Color me interested. I was wondering though, would a human that has a spirit or something trapped in it still be considered a human?

Lady Sakura

Quote from: skyre on January 02, 2017, 02:35:43 PM
Sakura! So good to see you. Hope you're keeping well.  :D

Edit: I'm thinking about a supernatural character to start with.  Going to do some reading up.

Good to see you too Skyre. I've been doing good, starting the New Year off right! I have missed you! How is the mini me doing?

Faustus

Quote from: Lady Sakura on January 02, 2017, 02:24:43 PM
Bookmarking. This game sounds like fun.

Can I reserve a face claim please?

Mayra Suárez

I have work off tomorrow so I'll be able to go back and reread everything and work on my concept for a deviant lovely Witch.

Face Claim reserved for you, Lady Sakura! :D She is on hold until Jan. 9th~

Quote from: CurvyKitten on January 02, 2017, 02:41:27 PM
Color me interested. I was wondering though, would a human that has a spirit or something trapped in it still be considered a human?

Not in terms of the Supernatural vs Human count (like the example of creating a supernatural creature, then your second character must be human before you can make another supernatural, etc). However, in general they are still considered human since they are not a creature (like how Witches are humans, technically) if that makes any sense?

I may have muddied that slightly. It's just after lunch for me and I'm a bit drowsy from it. Forgive me. xD

“You may my glories and my state depose,
But not my griefs; still am I king of those.”

ON's and OFF's || Plots and Ideas || A/A's and Owed Posts [Updated 02/12! Please see.]

VioletPanda

Ooooh Bookmarking!

Lovely to see you again, Faustus! I'll send you a sheet in a few days when I get home from Christmas with relatives?  ;D

And I'm thinking of playing a Witch trying to deny thier true selves.  :)  Or maybe just a too-curious Puritan.
Current Muse: Meh, not super driven right now

My A/A PageMy O/Os

Captain Whitebread

Quote from: VonDoom on January 02, 2017, 12:13:24 AM
I'm not certain how quickly I'll be able to work up a profile, but since Vincent Price is already taken, I'd like to reserve Peter Cushing.

Battle of the hatchet faces.  I almost went with Cushing.
There are nights when the wolves are silent and it the moon that howls.

Faustus

<3 Hello, VP. Take your time~

Update Note: Recently added the "Spellbook" in the World Building section of the first posts. It should be helpful for those who either are/are considering/will be playing a Witch character in the game. I'll be tallying the male vs female ratio in just a bit, along with a race/species and sexuality chart for easy referencing. Following all of that, I'll let everyone know what we're in the most dire need of as we begin this game!

(Hint: It's probably Puritan humans. We're definitely short on those.  ;))

Of course, under no circumstance is anyone forced to create that particular type, but its helpful to know what your numbers are beginning a game! :D Thank you everyone who has shown interest thus far! Please feel free to express more, submit characters, and join this band of people~ We're quite friendly.

ON's and OFF's || Plots and Ideas || A/A's and Owed Posts [Updated 02/12! Please see.]

VioletPanda

Hey Faust, is there a way Puritans can help Witches even though they do not have magic? If my character wanted to help a Witch, could they somehow contribute by gathering supplies or *gasp* planting items on targets of spells?

My A/A PageMy O/Os

Faustus

Well, yes, a Puritan could help a Witch and most inadvertently do on a regular basis for the ones that live inside the Magna Anglia colony. Whether or not that Witch has chosen to be forthright and open with the Puritan is up to those players, of course. Most of them probably won't be willing to trust a Puritan due to the religious upbringing.

Captain Whitebread

I'm planning a Puritan priest character who is going to have to come to terms with the fact that he's a white witch, if that helps.  I'm trying to find a female Wampanoag character who is willing to A: seduce him and B: introduce him to white magic

VioletPanda

I can see a Puritan possibly seeing white magic as divine intervention of some kind. :)
  I was looking for interaction still. I'm still deciding if I should do a witch or Puritan or Witch or maybe even a Puritan who is a Witch. Could our characters build off each other perhaps? :)

My A/A PageMy O/Os

Kuroneko

Quote from: Captain Whitebread on January 02, 2017, 04:20:59 PM
I'm planning a Puritan priest character who is going to have to come to terms with the fact that he's a white witch, if that helps.  I'm trying to find a female Wampanoag character who is willing to A: seduce him and B: introduce him to white magic

Just a note that the Wampanoag have a different 'magic' system altogether ;)
Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

Captain Whitebread

Micah has no awareness of the magic within him, except for what he always assumed was a connection to the the divine.  He's been a pastor for decades and discovering he's actually on the wrong path is going to mess with his head.

Kuroneko

I understand where you're going with the character. I was just noting that a native woman isn't likely to be practicing 'magic.' Instead, she'd be introducing him to a nature-centric spirituality. That's all.

Captain Whitebread

I don't care what it is called by the characters.  White magic, whether practiced by Natives or Puritans is white magic and whether the words are in latin or in a language only known to the Wampanoag, the concept is the same.

Kuroneko

Captain Whitebread

I'm not trying to be rude. 

I'm just saying what the characters call it and what the game mechanic calls it are likely going to be two different things.

Kuroneko

Captain Whitebread

Micah David Smith

Player Username: Captain Whitebread
Player Preferences: I'm easy.  Just not cheap....
Character Status: Trial

In the Deep Dark. . .
Full Character Name: Micah David Smith
Alias and Nicknames: Father Micah, Father Smith, Pastor Smith, Reverend Smith
Age and Birthdate:  March 7, 1605  (Age 34)
Identified Gender: Cis-Male
Country of Origin: Born in County Cork, Ireland

Only the mirror knows. . .
Character Type: Puritan Human - (Unaware that he is actually a White Witch)
Height: 5' 8"
Hair: Shoulder length brown hair with a closely tripped beard and mustache
Eyes: deep blue
Body Type: Micah is slender but muscular
Piercings or Tattoos? There is a small scar on the back of his left hand, the result of a dog bite when he was a child.
Other Physical Characteristics: Probably the only thing worth noting is that Micah, like all Gentiles, is uncircumcized, not that it matters.
Faceclaim: John Heard

Dig a little Deeper. . .
Personality
Micah is a kind and generous soul.  He is aware that there is darkness in the world and works tirelessly to protect his flock.  Suffering may be God's way of testing his followers but Micah doesn't see why he can't work to help people rather than allow them to carry their burden alone.  Unlike most Puritans, he does not beleive that man is inherently sinful and unworthy of salvation.  Certain people are perhaps beyond redemtpion but most are beloved of God.

History
Born a weaver's son, Micah always had a feeling that he was meant for greater things.  He joined the church and even this wasn't quite what he was looking for.  He suffered through all sorts of trials, ranging from floods to famines and through it all his faith was unshakeable. 
He saw the corruption around him and worked against it, not realizing how deep the corruption went.  It wasn't until he was assigned to sail over to the new colony that he realized that the Puritan movement was just as corrupt as the Catholic church.  Rather than allow this to shake his faith, he saw it as a chance at a new beginning.  With new souls to save and less opportunity for greed, he would have a greater chance to do good.
Little did he know what was in store for him....

Sins of the Flesh. . .
Sexuality:Heterosexual  Despite being clergy, he is not required to be celibate.   He just sees pre-marital sex as sinful and is waiting until he is married to explore his sexuality.

Are you willing to allow your character to participate in non-consensual acts? I am willing to have Micah participate in non-consensual roleplaying on a case by case basis.  He is unlikely to be

Anything Else? Micah will eventually become a White Witch, even though this will put him completely at odds with his current faith.

Developing Relationships. . .
My plan is for Micah to meet and fall in love with a Wampanoag woman who will be instumental to his discovery that he is a White Witch.  Obviously this will require the assistance of a PC because it would be really boring if I had to do it myself.

Kuroneko

*whispers* That's Gary Oldman. John Heard was in the PBS version of the Scarlet Letter ;)

Faustus

County Cork~~ PM incoming, Captain Whitebread!

In other news, barring any recently submitted character profiles, the numbers have been updated in the first posts to accurately reflect our totals. So if you're wondering about our stats, please check that~!

Caela

Quote from: Captain Whitebread on January 02, 2017, 06:15:13 PM
I don't care what it is called by the characters.  White magic, whether practiced by Natives or Puritans is white magic and whether the words are in latin or in a language only known to the Wampanoag, the concept is the same.

I'm going to be argumentative here but am not trying to be rude and if it comes across that way in text I apologize beforehand.

That being said...the concept would be entirely different. You're talking about people from entirely different cultures. Europeans tended toward a more formal, ritualistic view of magic. It was something you did to bend the world to your will not just something you were. It was also something to be feared and considered, mostly, the work of the devil. But it wasn't something that just was.

Natives, from my understanding, were much more organic. Certainly some magic was ritualistic for them but they didn't view the world as something to be tamed and conquered and magic wasn't really seperate from them. A Native woman would certainly be able to teach him how to live in harmony with the world around him but she'd be unlikely to be able to teach him the more formalized version of magic that Europeans would be accustomed to.

Captain Whitebread

Micah has no experience with 'European magic', except for various very minor encounters with 'witchcraft'.  Any magic he would be exposed to , he would assume to be the 'correct' way to practice it, whether it be organic native magic or formalized ritualistic magic. 

Consider the situation of a person learning to cook.  If you don't know you're supposed to use measuring spoons, the 'add a pinch of this and a dash of this' method would seem normal and free flowing, whereas the measuring system would seem very restricting.

I'm also not trying to be argumentative.   I am assuming ( a dangerous thing, I realize) that white magic is white magic, whether it comes from organic sources or ritual sources.

Also, PM to County Cork has not yet arrived.

Amarlo

I'm with Caela and Kuroneko on this one. I highly doubt that 'white magic' would be the same at all. What the natives would consider white magic may be completely different from what those of European upbringing would think as well. What they are both capable of would also differ, being that their mindsets of many things would be different too.

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies