News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Recip E!s with Despickable & Xandi

Started by Autumn52, July 15, 2010, 10:38:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autumn52

May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

White Light be upon you if that is your wish

Katrina

I'm looking for a good potato wedges recipe.  Anyone got one?

Autumn52

All I do is:

Cut the potatoes into wedges and par boil them just for a few minutes. Then I take them out of the water and let them dry on a wire rack, dry and cool. about half an hour.
Next I toss them in either olive oil or melted butter and add my favorite spice blend, Lawry's season salt, and bake them for about 30 minutes on 400 until they have a crisp exterior.
Love these.

Hope you like them.
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

Serephino

Mediterranean Mac'n Cheese

12oz macaroni cooked
1lb Italian sausage
1pkg cream cheese
1tsp sage
1/2tsp thyme
1/2tsp pepper
1 can diced tomatoes
1/2c grated parmesan

Brown sausage.  Dice cream cheese into cubes and add to pan.  Stir until cheese is melted and mixed in.  Add remaining ingredients.  Stir in macaroni.   

Autumn52

I made these from scratch this morning. Will ice them when they cool slightly.

YUM

Serephino

Mexican Hashbrown Casserole

1lb ground beef
diced onion and peppers
1 can diced tomatoes
1pkg taco seasoning
8oz cream cheese
frozen hashbrowns thawed
2c shredded sharp cheddar

Brown beef.  Add onion, peppers, tomatoes, taco seasoning, and cream cheese.  Grease 9x13 baking pan and put potatoes in pan.  Top with beef mixture.  Sprinkle with cheese.  Bake at 350 about 20 mins.

Serephino

Pumpkin Chili

2c chicken broth
1 can pumpkin puree
1 1/2tsp cumin
1/2tsp chili powder (or more to taste)
1/2tsp cinnamon
1lb ground turkey
diced onion
1tsp garlic
1 can white beans

Brown turkey in skillet with onion.  Mix all ingredients in slow cooker.  Cook on low 6 hours.

Serephino

Taco Tater Tot Bake

1lb ground beef
diced onion
1tsp garlic
1 packet taco seasoning
1 can corn
2c shredded mexican cheese
1 bag tater tots
1 can enchilada sauce

Grease 9x13 baking dish

Brown beef.  Add onion, garlic, taco seasoning, and corn.

Put tater tots in greased baking dish.  Spread beef mixture on top, then cover with enchilada sauce.  Sprinkle with cheese.  Bake at 350 20 mins or until heated through.

Sabby

My winter charred onion and chicken soup, only with some tomato soup added to the usual chicken broth to make it a bit richer.

Autumn52

OMG all those yummy recipes look so good. *prints out to try*

Okay I had to share this. I saw on Pioneer Woman's website about how to make cold brewed coffee for iced coffee. I don't know about you but I can't stand spending $5 for a Starbucks coffee so I thought I would try it. Let me tell you, it is wonderful. Here is all I did:
1 cup of Folgers coffee grounds
8 cups of water

Put in a bowl with a lid and stored in refrigerator over night. This morning I used some paper towels to line my fine mess strainer and drained the coffee grounds out. Next I found a quart jar to store my cold brewed coffee in and what didn't fit in my jar I used to make my very own Vietnamese coffee. Just add sweetened condensed milk to your cold brewed coffee until desired sweetness and pour over ice. It is delicious, don't beat yourself up over using sweetened condensed milk because this is how I justify it; I normally use half and half and an equal in my hot coffee it doesn't take much sweetened condensed milk so I am saving money and probably my half and half. I am not kidding you I think I have found my newest addiction. You really have to try this. Walmart has sweetened condensed milk for less than $2 a can and one can will last probably 3 to 6 months.

Autumn52

Homemade Cinnamon Rolls

Rolling them up:

Cutting them to the size you want:

Before they rise:

After they rise

Final product *I took three off the tray and delivered them to friends*

These are delicious and even though they take some work it is worth it. I wish you could smell the house. MMMMMMMM

The Lioness

OKOKOK...so I used to have a food blog for a while...I actually stopped writing it as soon as I joined E. There is only one recipe I keep going to that blog for, seeing as I don't have the measurements written down anymore (I really should fix that), and that is for my Grandma's Pineapple Pork Chops:

Grandma's Pineapple Pork Chops

6-8 boneless pork chops (Grandma likes bone-in as they are cheaper)
1/4 c flour
1 tsp salt
pinch of pepper
1 tsp ginger
1 tsp paprika
1 c unsweetened pineapple juice
5 T brown sugar
2 T cider vinegar (regular vinegar works in a pinch)
1/4 c crushed pineapple, drained

1) Mix dry ingredients (except brown sugar) together and coat chops.

2) Brown chops in a little oil in a deep fry pan.

3) Once browned on both sides, turn heat down a little and cook until chops are almost done.

4) While chops are cooking, mix brown sugar and wet ingredients together (a mason jar works great for this!). Add crushed pineapple to wet ingredients and mix.

5) Once chops are almost done, pour in wet mixture and cook until bubbly hot and chops are cooked through. If desired, add more crushed pineapple.

Serve on top of egg noodles

TIP: My grandmother typically serves this dish as is, but I found that the sauce was a bit too thin to stick to the egg noodles much. I like to thicken it up with a little corn starch and water to the desired thickness (like a pasta sauce thickness). Hubby by far liked the change as well

Please let me know what you guys think of it if you ever try it out. It's a great weeknight meal too!
♥ Poems ♥ Story Ideas ( Updated 3/20/24) ♥ Ons/Offs ♥ F-List♥ A/A (Updated 1/23/2024)♥ Art ♥ My Kingdom ♥

♥Posts owed: 1/1 ♥ Posts completed: 0/1 ♥ Pending: 0 ♥
♥Status: Open ♥

Ralhend

A bag of this:

two cans of diced tomatoes
two cloves of garlic, minced (twice what it calls for on the bag)
One sliced Rutabaga
four pounds of sliced eckridge skinless sausage 4x what it asks for on the bag)
6 bottles of water
one white onion (diced)
and the juice of one lemon
Salt and pepper to taste.

I cant get enough of the stuff
Post Rate: (Lethargic)
Request Thread/ Ons and Offs /A/A Thread
Active Stories on E: (Extremely Selective) 3/3 Discussions/Caged Bird/Maiden Voyage/Shattered Mirror/
Other Games E : (Taken) 1/1 /Chessgame 1, Mimétisme vs Ralhend/

Autumn52

Quote from: The Lioness on September 12, 2015, 04:49:57 PM
OKOKOK...so I used to have a food blog for a while...I actually stopped writing it as soon as I joined E. There is only one recipe I keep going to that blog for, seeing as I don't have the measurements written down anymore (I really should fix that), and that is for my Grandma's Pineapple Pork Chops:

Grandma's Pineapple Pork Chops
6-8 boneless pork chops (Grandma likes bone-in as they are cheaper)
1/4 c flour
1 tsp salt
pinch of pepper
1 tsp ginger
1 tsp paprika
1 c unsweetened pineapple juice
5 T brown sugar
2 T cider vinegar (regular vinegar works in a pinch)
1/4 c crushed pineapple, drained

1) Mix dry ingredients (except brown sugar) together and coat chops.

2) Brown chops in a little oil in a deep fry pan.

3) Once browned on both sides, turn heat down a little and cook until chops are almost done.

4) While chops are cooking, mix brown sugar and wet ingredients together (a mason jar works great for this!). Add crushed pineapple to wet ingredients and mix.

5) Once chops are almost done, pour in wet mixture and cook until bubbly hot and chops are cooked through. If desired, add more crushed pineapple.

Serve on top of egg noodles

TIP: My grandmother typically serves this dish as is, but I found that the sauce was a bit too thin to stick to the egg noodles much. I like to thicken it up with a little corn starch and water to the desired thickness (like a pasta sauce thickness). Hubby by far liked the change as well

Please let me know what you guys think of it if you ever try it out. It's a great weeknight meal too!

I am making my list for a few things at the grocery store and was wondering if you use fresh ginger or ground ginger? I can't wait to try this. Thanks for the recipe.

Quote from: Ralhend on September 13, 2015, 11:09:22 PM
A bag of this:

two cans of diced tomatoes
two cloves of garlic, minced (twice what it calls for on the bag)
One sliced Rutabaga
four pounds of sliced eckridge skinless sausage 4x what it asks for on the bag)
6 bottles of water
one white onion (diced)
and the juice of one lemon
Salt and pepper to taste.

I cant get enough of the stuff

I love that as well Ralhend. I have made it a hundred different ways but with the sausage is by far my favorite. Thanks for sharing. Enjoy.

* hugs for sharing recipes I love to try new stuff.*

Recently I have been experimenting with donuts. I will post my recipe once I have perfected it. I am still working out a few kinks in the methods of frying and so forth.

The Lioness

Quote from: Xandi on September 14, 2015, 05:44:22 AM
I am making my list for a few things at the grocery store and was wondering if you use fresh ginger or ground ginger? I can't wait to try this. Thanks for the recipe.

I love that as well Ralhend. I have made it a hundred different ways but with the sausage is by far my favorite. Thanks for sharing. Enjoy.

* hugs for sharing recipes I love to try new stuff.*

Recently I have been experimenting with donuts. I will post my recipe once I have perfected it. I am still working out a few kinks in the methods of frying and so forth.

Ground ginger, Sweetness. Let me know what you think
♥ Poems ♥ Story Ideas ( Updated 3/20/24) ♥ Ons/Offs ♥ F-List♥ A/A (Updated 1/23/2024)♥ Art ♥ My Kingdom ♥

Autumn52

Quote from: The Lioness on September 14, 2015, 09:22:23 AM

Great I have some of that. I just used up my fresh ginger so that is why I was asking. Thank you so much for the recipe and I will let you know how it turns out. My brother will love it I'm sure.

*HUGS*

Serephino

Italian Chicken Skillet

1tbsp olive oil
1lb diced chicken
1tsp garlic
1/2c red wine
28oz can diced tomatoes
pasta cooked
10oz frozen spinach thawed
2c shredded mozzarella

Put olive oil in large skillet.  Brown chicken if not already cooked.  Add garlic and wine and bring to a boil.  Add tomatoes and spinach.  Let simmer until liquid is reduced.  Add pasta and cheese and serve.

despickable

Quote from: Serephino on September 25, 2015, 04:32:36 PM
Italian Chicken Skillet

1tbsp olive oil
1lb diced chicken
1tsp garlic
1/2c red wine
28oz can diced tomatoes
pasta cooked
10oz frozen spinach thawed
2c shredded mozzarella

Put olive oil in large skillet.  Brown chicken if not already cooked.  Add garlic and wine and bring to a boil.  Add tomatoes and spinach.  Let simmer until liquid is reduced.  Add pasta and cheese and serve.

Hey I can make that. It seems very simple but tasty I shall give it a whirl this weekend thanks Serephino you always add some fine dishes.

“We have multiplied our possessions but reduced our values. We talk too much, love too seldom, and hate too often. We’ve learned how to make a living but not a life. We’ve added years to life, not life to years.” – George Carlin
Despickable's A&A 
Despickable's Wiki Page
[url=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=133839.0]
[/url][/url]Despickable's Ons and Offs

Serephino

Sweet and Sour Chicken

2c rice cooked
1tbsp olive oil
diced chicken
18oz jar apricot jam
1c Italian dressing
diced onion
1 small can crushed pineapple
diced red bell pepper

Put olive oil in large skillet.  Brown chicken if not already cooked.  Add remaining ingredients except rice and bring to a boil.  Simmer until liquid is thickened and/or reduced.  Serve over rice.

Serephino

Beef and Noodles

1lb stew meat
1pkg onion soup mix
1 can cream of mushroom soup
2tsp garlic
1tsp pepper
egg noodles cooked

Put all ingredients except noodles in slow cooker.  Cook on low about 5 hours.  Serve over noodles.

Autumn52

Quote from: The Lioness on September 14, 2015, 09:22:23 AM

Okay so I finally got a chance to make this recipe and OMG this is the most delicious pork recipe I have ever had. In fact my sister and I have decided to make a pork roast using the same recipe because we loved it so much. Thank you for sharing the recipe Lioness, I will be using this recipe A LOT.

I highly recommend for anyone making pork anything to use this recipe. YUMMY doesn't even get close to how good this was.

HUGS to everyone.

The Lioness

Quote from: Xandi on October 08, 2015, 03:36:17 PM
Okay so I finally got a chance to make this recipe and OMG this is the most delicious pork recipe I have ever had. In fact my sister and I have decided to make a pork roast using the same recipe because we loved it so much. Thank you for sharing the recipe Lioness, I will be using this recipe A LOT.

I highly recommend for anyone making pork anything to use this recipe. YUMMY doesn't even get close to how good this was.

HUGS to everyone.

*grins*

I'm very glad you all liked it! I made it so frequently here, my hubbs doesn't request it nearly as much as he used to. I think I overdosed him on it.

I'll be sure to add another recipe at some point, but I'm sure you're bogged down by so many suggestions. ...

Xoxo

Autumn52

Quote from: The Lioness on October 08, 2015, 04:46:19 PM
*grins*

I'm very glad you all liked it! I made it so frequently here, my hubbs doesn't request it nearly as much as he used to. I think I overdosed him on it.

I'll be sure to add another recipe at some point, but I'm sure you're bogged down by so many suggestions. ...

Xoxo

Oh please give me as many recipes as you want to. I love to try new things.

Hugs

Serephino

Sere's Creamy Italian Chicken

3-6 chicken breasts
1 jar alfredo sauce
1 jar sun dried tomato pesto
1 1/2tsp garlic
2c shredded mozzarella
1tbsp parsley

Mix sauce ingredients together.  Pour over chicken and bake at 350 until chicken is done.

Serephino

Chicken and Mushroom Stroganoff

1lb diced chicken
1tsp rosemary
1tbsp olive oil
1 jar sliced mushrooms
1 diced onion
1 1/2tsp garlic
1/3c white wine
1 can cream of mushroom soup
5 oz container plain greek yougurt
1tbs parsley
egg noodles cooked

Add oil to skillet.  Brown chicken if not already cooked.  Add remaining ingredients except noodles.  Serve chicken mixture over noodles.