Quick question on Elliquiy Etiquette

Started by OberTitan, September 13, 2016, 09:29:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OberTitan

Is it customary here on Elliquiy to send a PM informing a writing partner of a new post in a thread, or is it not considered necessary?

Inkidu

I'd consider it poking. Maybe once after initial post is made, but it should drop off after two or three posts in the game. There are other ways for partners to keep up with replies, and constant messages that you posted can come off as pushy and obligatory.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Oniya

Most people keep track of their threads through either the Bookmarks feature or through the Show new replies to your posts feature.  Past their first response in the thread, no additional messages should be required to inform them of a new post.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

OberTitan

Alright, cool. I always get a bit paranoid when I move to another online community, it's so easy to break the unwritten rules that no one ever bothers mentioning. Thanks Inkidu and Oniya!

Thesunmaid

I personally like the Notify feature. It's like being a little kid and having something come in the normal mail with your name on it. I am like ooooh something new and possibly sexy to read!
Some mornings its just not worth chewing through the leather straps.
Current Status for posts: Caught up (holy shit) Current Status for RP:looking for a few

Beguile's Mistress

Quote from: Thesunmaid on September 13, 2016, 11:06:54 AM
I personally like the Notify feature. It's like being a little kid and having something come in the normal mail with your name on it. I am like ooooh something new and possibly sexy to read!
It's my favorite, too.  I don't have a lot of time, usually, to spend f5ing and often forget to look thinking I'll do it later and then get interrupted again or fall asleep.  Notifications arrive, make me smile and sit there looking at me until I can pay attention to them.  If only they would whistle now an then they would be perfect! :D

Stone

Today I learned there's a notify feature.  O8)
The sphere was solid with Plunkett, and only waited for someone to be in; like, like the meaning of a word waiting for a word to be the meaning of. - John Crowley, Engine Summer.

To manipulate a man is a careful project. Too light a hand, and he follows his own whim; too heavy a hand, and he will turn on you. - Thief II: The Metal Age.

Beguile's Mistress