[SR4] Stainless Steel Hearts [full on up, yo]

Started by Cold Heritage, August 26, 2010, 01:13:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kunoichi

meikle

I had forgotten how much effort Shadowrun characters are to build.
Kiss your lover with that filthy mouth, you fuckin' monster.

O and O and Discord
A and A

ReijiTabibito

You're playing...an Elf Mage, right Meikle?  Charisma-based Tradition, I'm guessing?

meikle

O and O and Discord
A and A

ReijiTabibito

Actually, it depends on the Tradition you use.  Some use Logic - these are Hermetics, for the most part; others use Intuition - these are more ecstatic traditions; and yet others use Charisma - these are more Shamanistic types of Traditions.  Have a look in Street Magic. 

meikle

when i'm saying i'm making a mage

i am referring to the tradition that is referred to as 'mage' in the Shadowrun texts, as opposed to like, shamans or voudouns or whatever else

O and O and Discord
A and A

ReijiTabibito

Oh.  You're making a Hermetic.  Okay.  The misunderstanding could have been avoided if I'd understood that that was what you were saying.

meikle

Yes.  A hermetic mage.  :P  Sorry, that's a habit; I'm used to just the differentiation between mages as opposed to shamans.  Regardless, she's the brainy wizard type.

I have 14 BP left, and then I need to spend my 10 free contact points.

O and O and Discord
A and A

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

meikle

Thanks, Muse!

I have a sheet just about ready and a bunch of background to go with it I think but now I'm like second guessing my memory and going through the book etc

Trying to remember if I have to buy a special set-up for spirit-summoning and binding in my house, etc (I know you had to in 3e for example)

O and O and Discord
A and A

Kunoichi

You don't need it, you can summon anything anywhere and just need Binding Materials to bind a spirit.

Cold Heritage

Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

Kunoichi

*guesses that's a no to her request to make an AI character*

Oh well.  Guess I'll work on a regular human hacker, then. ^^;

Muse

But a lodge is needed to study for advance in magic. 

And an aspect ed domain can help. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

meikle

Hum.

I recall me 3e mage summoning a water elemental from her bathtub. :p

Anyway, I think my sheet is done.  What should I do with it?

O and O and Discord
A and A

Cold Heritage

What usually happens when people're done sheets?

meikle

Usually I ask "what do you want me to do with my sheet" and then, if we were, for example, doing a play by post kind of game, the ST would tell me "post it here in the thread" or "PM it to me"

Overall, I've never gotten the 'don't provide an answer, but instead be inexplicably rude' answer to that question.

O and O and Discord
A and A

Cold Heritage

So, if me asking how things are usually done is gonna be taken as rude, we should probably call it quits because, like I mentioned in the first post, this's my first time running Shadowrun and I'd be asking more often what the usual way of doing things is.

meikle

I definitely read it as being snarky or sarcastic -- I will apologize if that wasn't the intent!

I am not having a great day and that might be the reason I took it that way D:

O and O and Discord
A and A

Kunoichi

*is almost done with that human hacker character she mentioned*

As meikle mentioned, the usual procedure is to either PM the character sheet to the GM, or post it in an appropriate thread on the forums (this one, for example).  So, when I finalize the details on this hacker girl, should I PM her to you, or...?

ReijiTabibito

So, um, we are moving forward with this, right?  I've been agonizing over upgrading my character, and I've finally finished him...

Hello?

Anyone?

Kunoichi

*hopes once again that we haven't scared Cold off*

ReijiTabibito

Cold, no one is trying to be mean or think that what you're asking is rude.  People just are kinda used to having the GM tell them what to do when their character is ready.

Come back, Cold...we still want to play.