Assassins Among Us - Day Three

Started by persephone325, March 14, 2014, 11:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blythe

Blythe knows that someone must be the first to cast a dreaded vote. He is not sure of his vote and knows he could be voting up someone innocent. He says, uncertain and hoping he is not making a grave error, "MabFaerie, are you perhaps guilty of poor Silver's demise? If you are not guilty, I am most sorry for making this most egregious mistake with my vote."

Elandra

Elandra steps forward, standing beside Blythe, unsure her own vote would be a grievous error, but knowing that someone killed poor Silver, "I think the guilty individual might be Remiel and not MabFaerie."
~~~ ONs & OFFs ~~~ Requests ~~~

Zelric Miras

"I hope this is not an omen of our new sheriff's career." He looked over Silver's body with slight amusement, it was a trouble that deaths had started again. It was dangerous for all of them, including himself. "Perhaps Phaia has a clue about what happened."

yugi006

Looking at the dead body he shook his head. Who could have done this to her. He scanned the room to see who might be one of the assassins. "Lisar were you the one that killed Silver?"

Starlequin

"You'll be hearing from my attorneys about this!" Starlequin shouted as he stormed out of Chang's Dry Clean Emporium. The glass door rattled behind him as he slammed it shut and stalked out onto the street, fuming. Over his shoulder draped the remains of yesterday's suit, wrapped in one of Chang's tarpaulin bags.

"That grubby little... person," he muttered, crumpling the bill and stuffing it in his pocket. It would be rather satisfying to burn it when he returned home, he decided. Perhaps it would serve as tinder for the funeral pyre of his poor ensemble. How fitting. For a few streets Starlequin pondered simply donating the clothes to one of Whitecourt's many charities, but thought better of it before he was halfway home. While a duller eye might find nothing at all wrong with the outfit, perhaps even overlook the 1.3cm-wide spot of soot that still marred the right sleeve, Starlequin simply didn't have the stomach to do something so heartless as release such an eyesore on some poor, unsuspecting unfashionable soul. No, quite clearly the entire suit had to be destroyed for the good of the city.

Another crowd blocked his path as he meandered through the center of town, and Starlequin's inattentive ears picked up such words as "dead" and "mystery". He sighed as he attempted to circle around the rubberneckers only to be barricaded at every turn. An exasperated groan escaped him as he muttered to himself, perhaps loud enough for anyone in earshot to detect.

"For heaven's sakes, didn't we do this yesterday? Surely this town isn't so gauche as to perform the same spectacle twice in as many days. Perhaps someone ought to discuss things with that SunshineSparkle, to find out if there's any danger of a future encore..."
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

Josietta

Josi was not sure she was exactly the one for the job as it seems whoever was killing had chosen the Sheriff for a reason. She could only hope it wasn't her that was next. She glanced over toward Ithnuul then to Sunshine Sparkle.

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

Phaia

Phaia was starting to think that she would never be able to finish  a simple morning run without finding another horrid sight. Fitted cotten gym shorts hugged her shapely butt as her long tanned legs had a sheen of sweat from the run. A simple white tshirt did little to hide the swell of her breasts nor did the base ball cap hide her green eyes. Those eyes widen in surprise as some man she had barely seen around town pointed a finger at her...what did she ever do to him anyway. All she had wanted was a nice quiet town to be able to enjoy nature.

She then was elbowed by some man in a suit that cost more then her car who gave her a distant and arrogant look. Rattled and annoyed she spoke up. "That one there he looks far to good to be such I think we have to look closely at Starlequin, it seems to me that he is far to concerned about his suit then the lost of a citizen of the town"

Valerian

Once again, the town was in chaos, and Val soon realized why -- poor Silver was dead, killed in the night, and no one seemed to know who to blame.  Not that she had any better ideas herself, but it was alarming, to realize that everyone except the killers themselves was just as confused as she was, and she found herself hesitating over what to do.  But she had to choose someone as a suspect, it seemed, and she looked over at Leorobin warily.
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Remiel

With Josietta safely ensconced in the Sheriff's position, it seemed that the residents of Whitecloak were safe from whoever had been picking them off.  However, that didn't seem to be the case for poor Silver. 

"I think we should investigate ThatRPGuy, based on absolutely no information whatsoever," he said.  At this point, he really was just picking names randomly.   

persephone325

Sunshine (4) - Star, Josi, Mab, Blythe
Mab (2) - Mr B, Sunshine
Remiel (1) - Elandra
Phaia (1) - Leorobin
Lisar (1) - Yugi
Star (1) - Phaia
Leorobin (1) - Val
RPGuy (1) - Remi
Total: 12

Not yet voted:
Lisar
Sasha
Tersius
ThatRPGuy
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

MabFaerie

Another day breaks and another crowd is found huddled outside, whispering accusations amongst one another with cautious glances from frightened eyes.
As MabFaerie draws nearer to the center of the gathering, her chest begins to tighten and a cold wind chills her to the bone.
"Who is that?" She whispers, seeing at first a glimpse of a pale, limp wrist ground level with her feet. As a nearby citizen shifts his weight from one foot to the next, effectively blocking her view, MabFaerie grows anxious. What if it's someone she knows? Someone she loves?

"Who is laying there?!" She demands as she begins to push her way through the crowd, catching another glimpse, this time of a torso, definitely feminine in shape.
Her heart pounding with anxiety, a million thoughts raced through her mind. Could it be Lady Persephone? Sheriff Josietta? Who was it? And more importantly, who had done it?!

Finding her way at last in the front of the crowd, MabFaerie knelt before the body in a rush of shock and dismay that threatened to swallow her whole.
"Silver... No." She hadn't known Silver very well, but she knew her enough to be certain that she didn't deserve to die like this. Nobody did.
"First the Sheriff, now Silver? What's happening in Whitecourt? I thought this was over! Haven't the people of Whitecourt suffered enough?"

Hearing her name muttered in the crowd drew MabFaerie's attenton away from Silvers lifeless body. Rising, she shot a glance in the direction of the speaker. Who could possibly think she'd have done such a thing? Was that Blythe that had said her name? Surely he must be joking!
More accusations began to spread amongst the crowd like wildfire, catching on the tongues of the victims and those of their attackers alike. Someone in their midst was a monster... but who?

As she turned back to view Silvers corpse, an all too familiar face caught her gaze, pausing mid-turn, MabFaerie found herself suddenly weaving through the crowd towards the man in the fine suit. She'd recognize that stupid grin anywhere! Starlequin? No. NO! It couldn't be him. He was dead! That is, he'd been exiled from Whitecourt.
In retrospect, MabFaerie should probably know better than to assume exile from one town automatically equals death, but it was definitely a form of social suicide, at least. Whitecourt was quite the popularity hotspot after all, even with it's strange inability to keep citizens alive very long.

Striding forward like a woman possessed, MabFaerie jabbed a finger at Starlequins chest and exclaimed, "You're supposed to be dead!"
After a split-second pause, she realized just how badly she mangled her statement and stammered awkwardly "....that's not how I meant that."
Lowering her tone, she hissed at him, "What I mean is, you were banned from Whitecourt! You're not supposed to be here!"

Having lost her train of thought completely, MabFaerie only barely caught the last thing that Starlequin had said before she'd brazenly approached him, something about a Sunshine Sparkle? Was that a person in town? She really needed to expand her circle of friends, she was losing track of everybody!

Without missing a beat, another figure in the crowd, Josietta, echoed Starlequins response, also airing her concerns for this Sunshine Sparkle person.
"Sunshine Sparkle? Someone so sickly sweet sounding couldn't possibly be up to any good. I agree with the Sheriff, someone should investigate this Sunshine Sparkle person more closely." 

*edited to fix a typo
The mind is it's own place; and can make a heaven of hell; and a hell of heaven.

Mr Bigglesworth

Mr. B. had no idea who could have been to blame for Silver's untimely demise, so he tossed his 17 sided die to choose a name ... MabFaerie's number was chosen...

SunshineSparkle

Sunshine shot a dismayed look at her accusators, her eyebrows arching in confusion. She stood up and walked to the middle of the room to face all of her colleagues, she was close to these people both in and out of work contest. She just couldn't believe they were blaming her for Silver's murder.
"I can't force anyone to trust my words, you guys are wrong about me. I did nothing to Silver, we were very close to each other. Does anyone really think I can hurt a dear friend cold-bloodedly?" She met everyone's eyes, not afraid of meeting their stares. She didn't know who was guilty, she had a feeling Mabfaerie knew more than she was willing to confess.

O&O    A&A    Avatars

Blythe

Blythe frowns and says, "I have had a change of heart about MabFaerie, I do not think she is guilty. However, I do grow far more suspicious of SunshineSparkle--perhaps she is guilty and not MabFaerie."

MabFaerie

As her name was brought up in judgement once more, MabFaerie's concentration on her task at hand was lost. Those who forgot the past were so often doomed to repeat it. "My friends, my neighbors, does no one remember when this very scenario occurred some time ago? Surely it has not been so long that even the youngest among us have forgotten? Even if you were not here in Whitecourt at the time, surely your families, your lovers, your friends have told you of it? The time when darkness fell upon Whitecourt and innocent people lost their lives by the dozen? Does no one remember this?"

Shaking her head, MabFaerie took a deep breath, pushing down the emotions that swam beneath the surface, twisting her into knots all the same.
"Well, I remember. I stood for Whitecourt then and I stand for Whitecourt now. For a second time, darkness has swallowed us whole and we must be our own lights if we wish to escape it. Please, listen to reason. We cannot tear at one anothers throats and descend into chaos at every mere mention of a shadow across our backs.  We must stand together, in unison with our choices, or not at all."

Turning her attention towards Mr.Bigglesworth, her gaze softened some, "Do you truly think I would abandon the people I care for most? I have been a part of Whitecourt longer than I can remember. I have loved and I have lost and and I have lived within these walls. I beg you to reconsider your words, Mr. Bigglesworth. I am not the monster you may think of me, please... change your mind."

Glancing to Blythe, she offered a smile, "I thank you for reconsidering your stance, Sir Blythe. I am glad that I was able to convince you of my innocence. I only hope that others will continue to make the right decision in the future."
Turning back to address the crowd, she continued,
"Whitecourt needs us to be strong, especially now, in our weakest moment. I am confident that we will find the real culprit and lay this chaos to rest once and for all. For those of you who have not made a decision where your feelings stand either way, I hope that my words will have helped you along your way. I entrust my fate to the people of Whitecourt. It seems only fitting to do as such, after all."   
The mind is it's own place; and can make a heaven of hell; and a hell of heaven.

persephone325

I'd like to wrap this up Friday night, if possible.
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Galactic Druid

I'll try and have a post up this evening after my flight, once I can sit down and read and see if I can make any friends. If I can't find the time, I'll just roll a dice, either way, I'll try and have something up soon so you can wrap up.
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

lisar

Lisar looked around wearily.  She was exhausted from events of the last week.  Adding this random, seemingly senseless death was the straw that broke the camel's back.  She did not know how much more she could take, and she certainly was not up for trying to solve a homicide now. 

Drumming her long fingers on the table, she signed softly and looked at Val.  "Val, I'm sorry.  Without much to go on, I'm going to have to suggest that we put some effort into investigating you more thoroughly, " Lisar said with a hint of disappointment in her voice.

Tersius

Stepping out into the bright light of the morning, Tersius immediately noticed the gathering crowd and sauntered closer to find out what was amiss. Another death, so closely following the former Sheriff's untimely demise? That can't be good...

Tersius could also hear the crowd as people began to whisper amongst themselves, casting glances at each other furtively and casting blame on several in their midst. He did not know who had performed this heinous murder, but randomly spotting ThatRPGuy, Tersius thought that he looked rather guilty. But he'd been known to be wrong on occasion...

persephone325

Mab (2) - Mr B, Sunshine
RPGuy (2) - Remi, Tersius
Remiel (1) - Elandra
Phaia (1) - Leorobin
Lisar (1) - Yugi
Star (1) - Phaia
Leorobin (1) - Val
Val (1) - Lisa
Total: 14

Not yet voted:
Sasha
ThatRPGuy
I don't know.

persephone325

Last call for changes before the final vote(s).
I don't know.

Starlequin

With an indignant huff, Starlequin glanced at the jogging woman and waved away her ridiculous assertions. As if there were anything remotely sinister about being fashion-conscious!

"Look... miss," he stated, stifling a yawn, "I'm as terribly grief-stricken as anyone here by the tragic loss of.. er... our beloved fellow citizen. But unless you have a miracle tucked in those gym shorts -- which I suppose might be possible, given their fit --  there's very little we can do about it but dig out whoever might be responsible, and hope we do so before they manage it again. So I do hope you'll forgive me if I prefer to focus on future results rather than past calamities, hm?"

When no further remarks besmirching his character appeared forthcoming, Starlequin turned to leave. As he did so he was surprised to find himself being jabbed in the chest with a very dainty, surprisingly strong finger. A young lady with smoldering eyes glared up at him and for a moment the gentleman forgot himself in her gaze, until the harpy began her shrieking tirade.

"You're supposed to be dead!" She exclaimed, her shrill tone quickly diminishing to less conspicuous levels.

"Consider me thrilled to disappoint," Starlequin murmured, sounding calmer than he felt. As the woman continued to insist against his presence in Whitecourt, he made a mental note to change colognes; the brand he currently wore seemed capable of attracting only the most defective damsels in the city.

When she'd finished her utterly baseless protestations against him, the young woman turned to the rest of the crowd and poured forth a speech even Starlequin found surprisingly eloquent, considering it was espoused by an obviously escaped mental patient, a thought he voiced to a few of his fellow bystanders. It was almost enough to keep him lingering with the rest of the citizenry, if it weren't for the fact he had a poor, beleaguered ensemble to lay to rest. He readjusted the dry cleaning bag lightly over his shoulder and turned aside, hoping to slip away while the others were busied with cleaning up the grisly scene and deciding who deserved to swing for making it. Just a few more steps to the alley and perhaps he could take a shortcut back to his apartment to enjoy the rest of the day in peace...
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

Galactic Druid

I apologize to those of you waiting on replies from me, both in PMs and in threads. I just about passed out by the time I got in last night, and am going to work on getting caught up after cleaning up and making dinner. In the meantime, I really don't want to hold up the game longer than I have, so I [ur=lhttps://elliquiy.com/forums/dicebot.php?r=56239]rolled a dice[/url] (2 times, the first roll was an eliminated player), and am casting a vote for Sasha. Sorry Sasha!

I'll be a far more attentive player this week now that I'm home, and will be working on replies to you all shortly. Sorry again for making everyone wait!
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

persephone325

Mab (2) - Mr B, Sunshine
RPGuy (2) - Remi, Tersius
Remiel (1) - Elandra
Phaia (1) - Leorobin
Lisar (1) - Yugi
Star (1) - Phaia
Leorobin (1) - Val
Val (1) - Lisa
Sasha (1) - RPGuy
Total: 15

Not yet voted:
Sasha

And so, the townspeople gathered around SunshineSparkle's home. They angrily burst in, tearing through her belongings while forcing her outside. They kicked her from the town, only to later find that she was a mere citizen and had no involvement with the assassins whatsoever.

Night roles will get a PM shortly!
I don't know.

persephone325

Day breaks, and all is quiet.

The townspeople are all safe and accounted for, much to their surprise.

Cast your votes in bold, otherwise they will not be counted! This round will end Friday night, OR once all votes are in.
I don't know.