[Game Full] Dark Hersey

Started by TheKhan, January 21, 2012, 12:08:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aybara

I'd advise you to get a character posted in short order then! Any ideas what you are thinking about playing we have an assasin, cleric, guardsman and psyker.

Aoife, you're aware that there's a Rogue Trader called Hadrack Fel who operates in the Koronus Expanse? He's talked about in the Rogue Trader Core book and Lure of the Expanse.

Aoife

I am.  No real intended relation, but it could be a common derivative.  Great great great uncle or some sort.

Kevben Battleheart

Think I'll make a Arbitrator or a Adept.
The Saga of Battleheart (O/O's)The Vault of Victory  ♥
The World of Adalern (currently closed to critiquing)
Tell one your thoughts, but beware of two. All know what is known to three.
Thought for the week: Harden your soul against decadence, but do not despise it for the soft appearance of the decadent may be deceiving.

TheKhan

It's useful when one of your players decides to be your own personal minion  ;D

I don't think there are any questions asked that Aoife hasn't answered, but if I missed one, let me know. Everything looks good to me. Four of the five spots filled so far.

Aybara

Just a heads up Khan, I'd be interested in getting a few elite advances later on that will suit my character background. Mostly I'm thinking of common lore Rogue Traders, not necessarily something that's going to come up in the plot but still it might be useful. Obviously he'll be wanting to be able to figure out how to fire his bolt pistol with at least a chance of success sooner or later but there are a few other advances he needs to flesh out. I should be writing down Ma'kao for the Dynasty, Lee is just the current rogue traders name.

I'm going to chance my arm a little, in the Rogue Trader system if you pick up the same skill trained in character creation twice it goes up to +10 if it was a skill you had no alternative choice in taking. I just thought I'd ask since noble/cleric doubles up on a few skills and no harm in asking if you're up for house ruling it!

For Vendetta enemy the Ma'kao dynasty doesn't have any outstanding rivalries that I can find so I was thinking possibly some merchant/administratum adept/crime lord who lost business because of the Dynasty and they seek revenge however it can't be too splashy or too high up the food chain in the Dynasty as the reprisal could be a serious problem so they're going for Jon as he has a real connection but not enough worth or value that his death is worth a war. I'd be thinking they wouldn't know he is working for the Inquisition. It's just an idea.

Cold Heritage

Quote from: Aoife on January 23, 2012, 02:29:13 AM
Also as a secondary suggestion, your guardsman, while strong and tough, has no capabilities in ANYTHING.  What this means is you're effectively going to be standing around bored for about 80% of game time, as DH isn't really a super combat-centric type of game. Plus, you're INCREDIBLY suggestible to any sort of influence. An average person could claim the sky is made of candy and you'd believe them.

That just makes him the sort of flawed character with weaknesses that makes games fun.
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

Kevben Battleheart

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Character Name: Sandalphon
Home World: Cantus
Career Path: Arbitrator
Rank Path: Trooper

Build: Well built
Height: 1.90m
Weight: 90kg
Skin color: fair
Hair color: blonde
Eye color: green

Quirks: Aquila tattoo
Sexuality: Heterosexual
Partner Preferences: He doesn't really care on this as he's more focused on his job than pleasing himself.
Personality: Solid, unyielding and definitive in all things.
Imperial Divination: "If a job is worth doing its worth dying for." Gains the frenzy talent.
Ordo of Interest: Hereticus

Characteristic Scores:
Ws: 16
Bs: 12
S: 15
T: 13
Ag: 10
Int: 12
Per: 13
WP: 13
Fel: 10

Wounds:12 (8+3+1)
Fate: 1
Insanity: 0
Corruption: 0

Skills:

Speak Language (Hive Dialect)*
Speak Language (Low Gothic)
Literacy
Common Lore (Adeptus Arbites)
Common Lore (Imperium)
Inquiry
Drive (Ground Vehicle - 100)
Swim (100)

Talents:

Basic Weapons Training (SP)
Melee Weapon Training (Primitive)
Quick Draw
Rapid Reload (100)
Sound Constitution (100, +1 wound)
Frenzy

Traits:

Accustomed to Crowds*
Caves of Steel*
Hivebound*
Wary*

Equipment:

Shotgun and 12 shells
Club
Brass knuckles
knife
Chain coat
Uniform (good quality clothing)
3 doses of Stimm
Injector
Arbitrator ID
chrono
lho-sticks

What will you sacrifice? In the service of the Emperor I am willing to sacrifice everything, even my immortal soul.
What do you desire? Honestly? I want power, so that I may use it to condemn heretics to death and send their souls screaming into the warp.
What do you hate? Heretics and witches, foul scum tying to destroy the Imperium from within and subjugate every soul to Chaos servitude.

I’d also like you do include the following three pieces of information.

Three rumors you’ve heard about an Inquisitor(s) of the Wandering Conclave.
- One hears a lot of weird things. I've heard that most of the in the Wandering Conclave are more of the Radical side, using stolen tech against its creators.
- I also heard that they find us quite expendable, and so don't think twice about the situation they put us in, only that we get it done and if we fail, just send in more acolytes until the mission is complete.
- I've also heard that they don't like failure, and if you find that you have failed them in some fashion that you should expect a sever punishment or you might just simply disappear.

Two possible traits you’d like to see in the Inquisitor who chooses you as Proven Acolytes.
- I'd imagine him as a bit of an odd fellow, talking in third person and eating rather odd things like Rose petals.
- I also see him being all modded up with cybernetic enhancements and the like.

One unsolved case or mystery that ties into the character’s history that they insist on pursuing.
- Being an arbitrator, even just a simple trooper, one encounters plenty of case's that either are solved or unsolved. One such case for Sandalphon was that at the Precinct he was a part of took on a case where people were being killed at random. One night a nobleman would be found dead in his bedroom, the next night a con artist would be found dead in the alley. There we no connections with how these people were related, but all were noticed to have had their eyes gouged out. The murders stopped after awhile and so the case was classified as unsolved due to the lack of evidence linking anyone as a suspect.

Here's all that I've got done so far, just to see if I'm doing everything right or not.
Thought for the week: Harden your soul against decadence, but do not despise it for the soft appearance of the decadent may be deceiving.

Muse

Gak!  Never, ever fall asleep in the middle of writing a game application! 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

TheKhan

Kevben: A quick glance looks good, although I need to you have the background and questions filled out before I take you with us.

Muse: Fifth spot is still open.

MiaKage

Quote from: Aybara on January 23, 2012, 07:30:50 AM
Bah I'm well used to astropaths, as long as she can send interstellar messages and is soul bound to the Emperor there'll be no problems... you are an over sized psychic radio right? Just kidding, he wont burn her at the stake, I don't think he'll have ever met a Sanctioned Psyker that wasn't an astropath and without FL Psykers he'll just assume she can and be a little confused if she can't. He's going to be fairly accepting of her as the Inquisition knows what it's doing as far as he is concerned however he wont react well if she tries to heal him with the warp born energies.

Hmm, I'm not exactly sure how Astropaths act, but from my understanding Sanctioned Psykers aren't all there, just not right in the head type a deal.  Hoping it will be an interesting role to play  ;D

And don't worry~ Warp born healing doesn't hurt! I Promise  O:)
On/Off
A scorpion and a frog meet on the bank of a stream and the scorpion asks the frog to carry him across on its back because the scorpion cannot swim. The frog asks, "How do I know you won't sting me?" The scorpion says, "Because if I do, I will die too."
The frog is satisfied, and they set out, but in midstream, the scorpion stings the frog. The frog feels the onset of paralysis and starts to sink, knowing they both will drown, but has just enough time to gasp "Why?"
The scorpion replies: "But, little frog, I can swim."

Aoife

Ayba, according to word of god, yes, skills stack to their +10 version if taken twice at character creation, irregardless of which system this occurs in.  If you receive Common Knowledge (War), twice, it would become a +10.

Mia, Astropaths are basically space phones with the ability to open your mind to the universe.  It doesn't end well for the other party ;) Sanctioned Psykers are deemed relatively 'safe' Psykers, and then tortured and mutilated with the ideal towards serving the Imperium.  By the way, did you roll up your sanctioning side effect?

Cold, if you're happy with it, it's all good.  Just pointing that out.

Kev: We're using point buy (100points to distribute, no more than 20 in an attribute).  As is, you're actually missing 4 points from your characteristics, so it'd be beneficial to you.  Also think you still need to spend your 400 starting xp - consider looking at the Book of Judgement, great stuff for Arbitrators.

Kevben Battleheart

Quote from: Aoife on January 23, 2012, 03:54:18 PM
Kev: We're using point buy (100points to distribute, no more than 20 in an attribute).  As is, you're actually missing 4 points from your characteristics, so it'd be beneficial to you.  Also think you still need to spend your 400 starting xp - consider looking at the Book of Judgement, great stuff for Arbitrators.
Lol, wish I had said book, but I'm sure I can find something on it online somewhere.
Actually found a PDF file to use for the time being, until I actually go out and buy the book. Can see what you mean with all that it has Aoife.

Muse

is the Wandering Conclave preixisting, or are we making the inquisitors up as we character build? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Kevben Battleheart

Done and pending approval or disapproval from ya Khan.

Muse

She's not as fugly as a stereotypical tech priest, I hope that's okay. 
Still need to swap the Las Pistol for a quality SP piece.  Be back tonight.

Character Sheet

Character Name:      Rhia
Home World:      Gunmetal City 
Career Path:      Tech Priest
Rank Path:      Technographer

Build:         Wiry
Height:         1.65
Weight:         55KG      
Skin color:      Pink with chrome "Tatoos Up the sides of her head (and around the back) up the jowels to the corner of the lips, and all down the arms too the finger tips." 
Hair color:      Her hair has been replaced with a long mohawk of revolving multicollor fiberoptic lights. 
Revolving Multi-Color Fiberoptic Light
Eye color:      Crystaline amythest. 

Quirks:        Well, she's a tech priest who cares about her looks and refuses to accept chem geld? (It wasn't so uncomon in Gunmetal City.) 
Sexuality:       Bisexual
Partner Preferences:    She enjoys dalliances with her girlfriends, is more conseravative with male contact.  Unbenkownst to her, her player enjoys all manner of non-con scenes. 

Personality:      "Life is short, enjoy yourselves.  I enjoy my work, the company of my friends, and the chance to see new marksmen in action.  Some of the other priests of the omnisiah don't understand my outgoing nature, and my fellow acolytes usualy find me anoying and creepy.  That's okay.  The ones worth my time will get used to me.  Life's too short not to have fun."
   "The best time to laugh is when you've just ducked a bullet.  That and when you're firing back.  There's nothing that let's you know you're alive quite like the smell of acrid powder and ganger scum's bullets shattering on the wall by your head."   

Imperial Divination:   There are no civilians in the battle for survival. 

Ordo of Interest:    The priests of the Omnisiah have sent me to serve the inquisitors.  I will go where I am needed. 

Characteristic Scores:
27    Weapon Skill
44   Balistic Skill
30    Strength
30   Toughness
30    Agility
36    Intelegence
24    Perception
33   Willpower
33    Fellowship

Wounds and Fate Points:
3  Fate
3  Fortune
11 Wounds

Skills:
36%  Common Lore: Tech (Int)
30%  Drive Ground Vehicle (Agi)
36%  Speak Languege: Low Gothic (Int)
36%  Speak Languege: Metalican Hiver Dialect (Int)
36%  Secret Tongue: Tech (Int)
36%  Trade: Scrimshawer (INt)
36%  Tech Use (Int) (+5 with guns)

Talents: 
Electro Graft Use
Rapid Reload
Technical Knock

Weapon Proficiencies: 
Basic Weapon Training (Las)
Electro Graft Use
Pistol Training (Las)
Pistol Training (Solid Projectile)
Weapon Training (Primitive)

Equipment:
Metal Staff
Las Pistol and 1 Charge Pack
Las Carbine and 1 Charge Pack
Knife
Flack Vest
Glow Lamp
Data Slate
Mechancius Robes and Vestments (Good Quality)
6 Spare Parts
Vial of Sacred Machine Oil

What will you sacrifice?  What do you hate? 
--I really don't understand what everyone is so obsessed about.  Bad things are like bad people, you drill a few dozen holes in them so they can't hurt you or your friends, fix what you can of what they demolished, and then get on with your life. 
--People say I'm not very machine like because I love.  Maybe the Omnisiah just chose to take my hate instead.   

What do you desire?
--To do well at what I do, that which the Omnisiah has chosen for me, and that which I have chosen for myself.  Inquisitor vedis thought I was the right part to complete an acolyte team.  I fit together between people and machines.  I maintain that relationship, lubricate the interactions.  That's why I'm here instead of a less social member of my brohterhood. 
--That and not all of them know their way around a pistol like I do. 

--Inquisitor Vedis is a ruthless woman with a low tolerance for failure.  Her favorites are rich in resonsibility and privlige alike, those who do not impress her are beneath her notice.  Problem is, she has a low tolerance for failure. 
--Inquisitor Michael is a genuinly good man.  When an acolyte earns his patronage, he's a patient athority and a skilled teacher.  His acolytes have the highest survival rate in the alliance and a good sucess rate.  He's also leacherous and eccentric. 
--Inquisitor Michael's henchgirl--that lythe assasin in form fitting leather--used to be a circus acrobat on Dusk.  Michael was her first lover, and when a slaneshi lord caught him, she subjected herself to the same to rescue him. 

Two possible traits you’d like to see in the Inquisitor who chooses you as Proven Acolytes.
--I lieke the idea of Michael and Vedis as foils. 

One unsolved case or mystery that ties into the character’s history that they insist on pursuing.
--The gun smuggler Taim is a mutant. I wonder who he's running his guns too?

Cold Heritage

Quote from: Muse on January 23, 2012, 04:43:47 PM
is the Wandering Conclave preixisting, or are we making the inquisitors up as we character build?

Wandering Conclave is something TheKhan made up for this game.

Also, it's going to blow my Guardsman's mind that the techpriests worship the Omnissiah and not the Emperor.

Cold, if you're happy with it, it's all good.  Just pointing that out.

Well, if my character dies, he dies, and if I get to the point where he can be wielding an eviscerator and tripping on frenzon 24/7, then it'll all balance out in the end. It's too bad Chem Warrior is for Arch-Militants.
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

Aybara

"It's ok they're just a very unusual cult that worships the Emperor in one of his forms... they're not a bunch of heretics that need to be cleansed... ok they are but we need them to keep the shinies working so we tolerate their filthy ways"

MiaKage

Mia, Astropaths are basically space phones with the ability to open your mind to the universe.  It doesn't end well for the other party ;) Sanctioned Psykers are deemed relatively 'safe' Psykers, and then tortured and mutilated with the ideal towards serving the Imperium.  By the way, did you roll up your sanctioning side effect?
Ah ok, gotcha! Yeah, I've got it under Traits.
Sanctioning Side Effects:
The horror-the horror: Your hair is pure white, you occasionally gibber quietly to yourself and you endure terrible nightmares every night.

Quote from: Muse on January 23, 2012, 05:28:12 PM
She's not as fugly as a stereotypical tech priest, I hope that's okay. 
Still need to swap the Las Pistol for a quality SP piece.  Be back tonight.

Actually, Techpriest start off their career looking pretty much normal. It's not until their later years that they start to look all weird and machine like. Just finished a book where a commissar (Ciaphas Cain) met a really attractive Tech Priest  ;D
On/Off
A scorpion and a frog meet on the bank of a stream and the scorpion asks the frog to carry him across on its back because the scorpion cannot swim. The frog asks, "How do I know you won't sting me?" The scorpion says, "Because if I do, I will die too."
The frog is satisfied, and they set out, but in midstream, the scorpion stings the frog. The frog feels the onset of paralysis and starts to sink, knowing they both will drown, but has just enough time to gasp "Why?"
The scorpion replies: "But, little frog, I can swim."

Marie Reynolds

Would you happen to have room for one more cause if so id be willing to bring a scum on board.

Muse

Character Sheet

Character Name:      Rhia
Home World:      Gunmetal City 
Career Path:      Tech Priest
Rank Path:      Technographer

Build:         Wiry
Height:         1.65
Weight:         55KG      
Skin color:      Pink with chrome "Tatoos Up the sides of her head (and around the back) up the jowels to the corner of the lips, and all down the arms too the finger tips." 
Hair color:      Her hair has been replaced with a long mohawk of revolving multicollor fiberoptic lights. 
Revolving Multi-Color Fiberoptic Light
Eye color:      Crystaline amythest. 

Quirks:        Well, she's a tech priest who cares about her looks and refuses to accept chem geld? (It wasn't so uncomon in Gunmetal City.) 
Sexuality:       Bisexual
Partner Preferences:    She enjoys dalliances with her girlfriends, is more conseravative with male contact.  Unbenkownst to her, her player enjoys all manner of non-con scenes. 

Personality:      "Life is short, enjoy yourselves.  I enjoy my work, the company of my friends, and the chance to see new marksmen in action.  Some of the other priests of the omnisiah don't understand my outgoing nature, and my fellow acolytes usualy find me anoying and creepy.  That's okay.  The ones worth my time will get used to me.  Life's too short not to have fun."
   "The best time to laugh is when you've just ducked a bullet.  That and when you're firing back.  There's nothing that let's you know you're alive quite like the smell of acrid powder and ganger scum's bullets shattering on the wall by your head."   

Imperial Divination:   There are no civilians in the battle for survival. 

Ordo of Interest:    The priests of the Omnisiah have sent me to serve the inquisitors.  I will go where I am needed. 

Characteristic Scores:
27    Weapon Skill
44   Ballistic Skill
30    Strength
30   Toughness
30    Agility
36    Intelligence
24    Perception
33   Willpower
33    Fellowship

Wounds and Fate Points:
3  Fate
3  Fortune
11 Wounds

Skills:
36%  Common Lore: Tech (Int)
30%  Drive Ground Vehicle (Agi)
36%  Speak Languege: Low Gothic (Int)
36%  Speak Languege: Metalican Hiver Dialect (Int)
36%  Secret Tongue: Tech (Int)
36%  Trade: Scrimshawer (INt)
36%  Tech Use (Int) (+5 with guns)

Talents: 
Electro Graft Use
Rapid Reload
Technical Knock

Weapon Proficiencies: 
Basic Weapon Training (Las)
Electro Graft Use
Pistol Training (Las)
Pistol Training (Solid Projectile)
Weapon Training (Primitive)

Equipment:
Armor: 
--Flak Vest (Corset)
+3 Body

--Melee Weapons: 
Knife: 
--1d5+3R
--Pen 0
--Primitive
--.5kg

Staff: 
--1d10+3I
--Pen 0
--Ballanced, Primitive
--3KG

--Ranged Weapons: 

Stub Automatic
--Range 30m
--ROF S/3/--
--Damage 1d10+3
--Pen 0
--Clip 9
--Reload (Full)
--1.5kg Weight
--40 Bullets
--12 Dumdum Bullets (d10+5, Armor Counts Double)
--12 Manstopper Bullets (Pen 3)
--2 Clips Bullets, 1 Clip Dumdum, 1 Clip Manstoppers. 

Long Las (Red Dot Laser Sight)
--Range  150m
--RoF S/-/-
--Damage 1d10+3 E
--Pen 1
1 Charge Pack (40)
Weight: 5 Kg

Gear: 
Backpack
Glow Lamp
Data Slate
Mechancius Robes and Vestments (Good Quality)
6 Spare Parts
Vial of Sacred Machine Oil

Throne:  44

What will you sacrifice?  What do you hate? 
--I really don't understand what everyone is so obsessed about.  Bad things are like bad people, you drill a few dozen holes in them so they can't hurt you or your friends, fix what you can of what they demolished, and then get on with your life. 
--People say I'm not very machine like because I love.  Maybe the Omnisiah just chose to take my hate instead.   

What do you desire?
--To do well at what I do, that which the Omnisiah has chosen for me, and that which I have chosen for myself.  Inquisitor vedis thought I was the right part to complete an acolyte team.  I fit together between people and machines.  I maintain that relationship, lubricate the interactions.  That's why I'm here instead of a less social member of my brohterhood. 
--That and not all of them know their way around a pistol like I do. 

--Inquisitor Vedis is a ruthless woman with a low tolerance for failure.  Her favorites are rich in resonsibility and privlige alike, those who do not impress her are beneath her notice.  Problem is, she has a low tolerance for failure. 
--Inquisitor Michael is a genuinly good man.  When an acolyte earns his patronage, he's a patient athority and a skilled teacher.  His acolytes have the highest survival rate in the alliance and a good sucess rate.  He's also leacherous and eccentric. 
--Inquisitor Michael's henchgirl--that lythe assasin in form fitting leather--used to be a circus acrobat on Dusk.  Michael was her first lover, and when a slaneshi lord caught him, she subjected herself to the same to rescue him. 

--I lieke the idea of Michael and Vedis as foils. 

--The gun smuggler Taim is a mutant. I wonder who he's running his guns too?

[/quote]

TheKhan

Sorry Marie, it gets too unwieldy I find going beyond six players.

Muse and Kevbe, looks good. I just need a few days to finalize plot and such, then we'll get rolling

TheKhan

Thanks!

Question for everyone else. I'm considering combining Haalock's Legacy with some self made material. Have people plagued through the Haarlock's trilogy before?

Muse

Too the best of my knowledge, my GMs stories were all original. 

Aoife

I have, but I can avoid letting metagame knowledge affect my play ;)