Yamatai Dimension (High Fantasy Japan)

Started by Interested, September 22, 2013, 01:12:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Interested

LGBTQ Friendly
Japan 2013. . . things are going the way we know that they're going. Fast. Technology is progressing, and Japan is trying to recover from the natural disasters that have happened. Some students, exchange students and folk from outside of Japan have one thing in common with each other, although many are complete strangers. This thing they have in common is this. . . they are capable of traveling to another dimension. The world of Yamatai, ruled by the Immortal Sorceress Queen, Himiko. Himiko has opened the dimension of Yamatai to Japan. Both Yamatai and Japan are in need of these Chosen Ones. What can these Chosen Ones do to protect and save Earth and Yamatai? Find out. . . apply, and fight.

In Yamatai, things are entirely different. The people of Yamatai are what can be thought of as Japanese, Chinese, Khmer, Korean and Vietnames, Thai, etcetera. Technology is more like a blend of real life and Final Fantasy games. People of other species, like Beast Men and Humans exist along side eachother, martial artists can glide and kind of fly in the air, and can generally defy the laws of physics quite flagrantly. Some of the magical powers and prosperity that comes from being in Yamatai flow from Himiko herself. However, no one has seen Himiko in sixty years. Some say the world of Yamatai is on the verge of Civil War. Some even whisper there are schemes planned for the conquest of the other world, Earth, after the War, though these are just rumors at this time.

When you enter Yamatai, you will enter a world of High Fantasy blended with some Modernity. You will all start in the capital city of Seimei.

I'm expecting this to be potentially Extreme, either with consent or not.

Before I make a character sheet, who's interested?

azzmeister89

This does sound interested, i'll bookmark this one and keep tabs on it.

Chaosfox

I will keep my eye on it for now but it  doe look interesting.
There is no Order only Chaos and all the joys that it brings. 
This way too On's and Off's

Yukina

Tydorei

Interested

I was thinking of the power level being around Hero/Crouching Tiger/Hidden Dragon Level.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBE4b-sNK7M

Yukina

That looked epic. (The emperor-esque guy at the end sounded like a child trying to make chainsaw or engine noises though, lol)

Chaosfox

I loved that movie though I havens seen it in forever
There is no Order only Chaos and all the joys that it brings. 
This way too On's and Off's

Florence

Unsure if I'll have time, but interested :O
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

Interested

alright. . . so, does anyone want to put up a character sheet?