News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

The Elliquiy Thermometer

Started by The Great Triangle, June 25, 2008, 12:05:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Great Triangle

One thing that might be helpful as a thing similar to the karma system would be a sort of flag users can put up to indicate whether they are dominant or submissive, and how far they're willing to go. 

The basic way it could work would be a thermometer with a dominant side and a submissive side, both of which could be set at different levels by the user.  Some possible levels could include:

(hidden)
Not Willing to Post
Non Adult/OOC
Vanilla
Bondage
Noncon
Extreme

Having a quick status indicator near a poster's avatar or in their profile could help bring toghether dominant and submissive players, as well as helping avoid going past a player's limits.  (For example for a player playing in a small game of a particular rating who would rather play as if the game was of a lower rating.)  The thermometer could also come in handy during absences or writer's block to help indicate this status. 
Meow!  I'm a kitty; made of fire.

Ons and Offs

Apple of Eris

But what if I'm extreme about some things but not others?

Just for instance say I don't mind excessive violence, but want nothing what-so-ever to do with falling pianos because they freak me out, where do I fall on the thermometer? Or maybe I don't mind goats but hate violence? It doesn't really seem all that helpful to me, just cluttery, but maybe I'm just picky.
Men are those creatures with two legs and eight hands.  ~Jayne Mansfield
To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, then call whatever you hit the target. ~Ashleigh Brilliant

Ons/Offs
Stories I'm Seeking

Cherri Tart

what do you have against goats? and yeah, i mean on some things i would rate high and then on others i wouldn't... does that mean it would just read sort of in the middle? and that would mean that someone might be surprised if i say i want something freaky to happen, cause they wouldn't expect it.  Just thinking out loud, is all. :)
you were never able to keep me breathing as the water rises up again

O/O, Cherri Flavored

Caeli

I dunno... isn't this what Ons and Offs are for? And most people generally do inform their partners and friends if they'll be busy, on hiatus, or otherwise no available.

The thermometer would be a very limited way of explaining what we describe and outline fully on the Ons and Offs. While I do see how it can be useful in some ways (telling at-a-glance how a person identifies him- or herself), I think that it would generally be redundant.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Vekseid

Ons and Offs are a bit clunky, I've drawn up a bit of a schema for something better, but 1: I want to wait for SMF 2 and 2: I need to get the time to do it >_>

Putting sexual orientation and dom/sub/switch/neither in the side profile would be okay, don't think I'd want to go further than that, though.

Xillen