The City of Darkest Nights - Gotham City - Temporarily Closed!

Started by Lady Lunarius, June 12, 2014, 08:15:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eternal Blade

Thanks. Currently reading up on the wiki, and past posts. Gotta decide where best to fan the flames.

Downfall347

Cool! Well I will start work on catching up on the thread, although currently I am out of town for the weekend with limited internet. As such I likely won't be making any posts till Monday.

As for Slade's age, I decided to change it to 44 but forgot to change it on the sheet > >'.

Writersblockade

Seriously...visited this thread a few times, and absolutely gushed over the character builds. I would like to throw my hat in for Bane. I hadn't noticed him created, and with Ra's on the board, it gives me a chance to play him as the subordinate and build on his path from there. Let me get a feel for him, and I'll post a WIP by tomorrow.
Story Lottery Profile
Here’s my O/Os!

I don't know who this Muse person is, but if it explains away the voices in my head, then I'm all for it!

Divine Tenacity

I am also going to say I've been watching this thread rather closely. I am thinking of giving Hawkgirl a go but I would not know how well she would fit. Another possibility is everyone's favorite Amazon, but I am not sure if she has been claimed yet or not either. Any who just planting a flag expressing interest! Hope to hear from you folks soon! ^__^
Group Games: 0 (pending) | Solo Games: 2  | Post(s) Owed: 2

Check out my Request Thread!

Lady Lunarius

I will be updating second posts tomorrow when I have a computer. Blade has hijacked it for his posts and plotting. I believe Midori that both are available. However didn't Hawkgirl have wings? Sorry only 2 hours sleep under me today I can't remember.
LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
LaLu's Delicious treats!
LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's

Divine Tenacity

Quote from: Lady Lunarius on June 25, 2014, 10:58:33 PM
I will be updating second posts tomorrow when I have a computer. Blade has hijacked it for his posts and plotting. I believe Midori that both are available. However didn't Hawkgirl have wings? Sorry only 2 hours sleep under me today I can't remember.

Yeah Hawkgirl in some universes had real wings, while in others her was made from Nth metal alloy and not real. If the thing about being an alien turns you guys off I would just make it easier for all of us and go with Diana Prince. A younger, naive Diana Prince fresh off the island of Themyscira.

Get some sleep! All play and no sleeps makes anyone feel like crap! :P

Strangefate

With all the sudden interest from new players today, I just thought I’d mention to anyone still looking for character ideas that Harvey Dent could use an Assistant DA (Rachel Dawes?) and Janus/Two-Face could use some followers or henchmen/women for the unfolding gang war with the Falcones.  Some minor bat villains like Killer Croc or Deadshot might work really well in that capacity IMO.   :-)

A/A/Misc
On/Offs

"Vanitas Vanitatum!  Which of us is happy in this world?  Which of us has his desire?  or, having it, is satisfied?" - George Makepeace Thackeray, Vanity Fair

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: Midori Sadi on June 25, 2014, 11:02:54 PM
Yeah Hawkgirl in some universes had real wings, while in others her was made from Nth metal alloy and not real. If the thing about being an alien turns you guys off I would just make it easier for all of us and go with Diana Prince. A younger, naive Diana Prince fresh off the island of Themyscira.

Get some sleep! All play and no sleeps makes anyone feel like crap! :P

Yeah, we're trying to stay away from doing aliens and superhumans.  I don't think an angle with Diana Prince from Themyscria would work.  But that's just my own opinion.  To me, it seems that, with the world we're trying to go for and create, it's just a little too far in the realm of impossibility.
If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

Divine Tenacity

Quote from: GnothiSeauton on June 25, 2014, 11:19:47 PM
Yeah, we're trying to stay away from doing aliens and superhumans.  I don't think an angle with Diana Prince from Themyscria would work.  But that's just my own opinion.  To me, it seems that, with the world we're trying to go for and create, it's just a little too far in the realm of impossibility.

Ah fair enough then. If that is the case, I will withdraw for now and think deeper on a character that will work for this awesome world you folks built here. I shall return with something soon. Thanks for answering my questions so quickly!

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: Midori Sadi on June 25, 2014, 11:24:44 PM
Ah fair enough then. If that is the case, I will withdraw for now and think deeper on a character that will work for this awesome world you folks built here. I shall return with something soon. Thanks for answering my questions so quickly!

No problem!  We're not going anywhere for a while :) 

We're just not really looking to do superpowers and other-worldly creatures.  To include them would put a lot of people at a little bit of a disadvantage if things were to come to combat scenes.  By doing it as a realistic way, it creates more of an even playing field. 

The improbable is fine, just not the impossible.  We're just trying to do this as a more modern, realistic story rather than opening it up to being more comic in appearance.  Doesn't have to be a canon character.  Some people have original characters.  I have one that's all ready to go when we raise the limits on character numbers per participant.
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

Black Howling

^^GM Announcement^^

In light of some recent requests, and the fact that a couple of the GM's are itching for it too, we have decided to allow in Third Characters. However, I'd like to make it clear that if you don't feel you can keep up with three, do not make a third. As always have fun, and enjoy!! This has been your GM announcement. ;)

Writersblockade

Couldn't Sleep. Here's a no pic WIP. If I need to be a little more descriptive in spots, please let me know.

== Character Bio ==
== Personal Information ==
Legal Name: None
Alias: Bane
Sexuality: Heterosexual
Part of Gotham Residing In: Highest probability would be the outskirts, between missions.

== Physical Description ==
Standing 6 foot 2 inches at 240lbs, Bane has the physique of a hard hitting linebacker, along with the same deceptive quickness and agility that would belong on a professional football team. To see him would invoke the terms "brute" and "goon" to those who have not had the fortune (or misfortune) to see him in action. His natural body stance gives off the impression of relaxed control and comfort with command, however, those who were truly perceptive could see the constant pain coursing through him under years of tempered patience.

== Persona ==
Devout, yet free thinking, Bane has accepted the philosophy of Ra's Al Ghul as a means to building his own path within the League of Shadows. He believes that while Ra's strategy and tactics are exemplary, his application of force leaves much to be desired. He is the butcher to Ra's surgeon. Both would believe that the limb should go, though Bane is less caring of the scarring that would occur from its removal.

His education, though undocumented, would be college level. A collection of prisoners to were used to gain valuable experiences and limited linguistic aptitude, namely in Spanish, with some passing Chinese (Mandarin) and Japanese.

Having given himself to the cause, his ideas of want and need are tuned only to the mission. Where this can become problematic depends on what he believes his mission to be at that period of time...

== Key Skills ==
Intelligent, with a strong survivor's instinct that has improve his ability to adapt and cope with changing environments and circumstances.
Scattering of hand-to-hand combat techniques that were later augmented with the more "formal" training by the League of Shadows.
Natural Leadership capabilities

== Advantages ==
Combined education and physical ability makes for a formidable opponent
Backing of the League of Shadows grants him access to the tools he needs to carry out missions.
High Pain Threshold
Obscurity on an international level
   -Known only as Bane
   -The prison's records of him were destroyed
   -Mask hides most of his face
   -No need to acquire an alter ego

== Disadvantages ==
Constant pain (Mask decreases the amount, but does not eliminate it)
Sometimes too direct - Believes that the quickest way to conflict resolution is to resolve the person with the conflict. This can make him a "Bull in a China shop" at times.
Zealot - His belief, though pure, can be blinding. This can, at times, limit his objectivity and adaptive qualities in an effort to force the issue (square peg in a round hole)

== Background ==
Born in a pit of a prison meant for those society would rather forget, Bane was raised by his mother, who survived off the winning the favor of whoever happened to be in power. It was that power that protected them both, until a struggle for the prison's throne resulted in her death. Left alone, Bane survived off of scraps...and hate. Rather than consume him, the hate instead hardened his heart and sharpened his instincts. It was hate that first drove him to survive, until he found his goal. In that goal he found his certainty, his resolve. That resolve left him soaked in a man's blood. He left that blood on for a week as a reminder to the rest of the prison.

Years passed and the bodies piled up. Alliances made, but never friendships. Deals forged, but always broken. The throne, that top spot, still beckoned. A lifetime of pain was the price of its purchase, and he paid it gladly. It was then, while just beginning to reap the benefits of his years of work, that he was approached by the League. They presented him with something more than a throne. They gave him reason. A prison so corrupt as to allow a child to grow within its walls, so vile as to force its sole woman occupant to rely on her body to keep the rest of the wolves at bay. He was a son of that cesspool, and as such deserved to be the one to put it to the torch.

Some nights he could still hear the screams of the dying while he escaped.

That show of deliberate planning and ferocity was his ticket into the League. There his true resolve was tested. His mind, body, and soul brought to a melting point and molded to the League's expectations. 

== Character Extras ==
Face Claim: We'll stick with Tom Hardy, if available!
Ons and Offs:

Story Lottery Profile
Here’s my O/Os!

I don't know who this Muse person is, but if it explains away the voices in my head, then I'm all for it!

Black Howling

Quote from: Writersblockade on June 26, 2014, 04:28:50 AM
Couldn't Sleep. Here's a no pic WIP. If I need to be a little more descriptive in spots, please let me know.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
== Character Bio ==
Part of Gotham Residing In: Highest probability would be the outskirts, between missions.

Standing 6 foot 2 inches at 240lbs, Bane has the physique of a hard hitting linebacker, along with the same deceptive quickness and agility that would belong on a professional football team. To see him would invoke the terms "brute" and "goon" to those who have not had the fortune (or misfortune) to see him in action. His natural body stance gives off the impression of relaxed control and comfort with command, however, those who were truly perceptive could see the constant pain coursing through him under years of tempered patience.

== Persona ==
Devout, yet free thinking, Bane has accepted the philosophy of Ra's Al Ghul as a means to building his own path within the League of Shadows. He believes that while Ra's strategy and tactics are exemplary, his application of force leaves much to be desired. He is the butcher to Ra's surgeon. Both would believe that the limb should go, though Bane is less caring of the scarring that would occur from its removal.

His education, though undocumented, would be college level. A collection of prisoners to were used to gain valuable experiences and limited linguistic aptitude, namely in Spanish, with some passing Chinese (Mandarin) and Japanese.

Having given himself to the cause, his ideas of want and need are tuned only to the mission. Where this can become problematic depends on what he believes his mission to be at that period of time...

== Key Skills ==
Intelligent, with a strong survivor's instinct that has improve his ability to adapt and cope with changing environments and circumstances.
Scattering of hand-to-hand combat techniques that were later augmented with the more "formal" training by the League of Shadows.

== Advantages ==
Backing of the League of Shadows grants him access to the tools he needs to carry out missions.
High Pain Threshold
   -Known only as Bane

== Disadvantages ==
Sometimes too direct - Believes that the quickest way to conflict resolution is to resolve the person with the conflict. This can make him a "Bull in a China shop" at times.
Zealot - His belief, though pure, can be blinding. This can, at times, limit his objectivity and adaptive qualities in an effort to force the issue (square peg in a round hole)

== Background ==
Born in a pit of a prison meant for those society would rather forget, Bane was raised by his mother, who survived off the winning the favor of whoever happened to be in power. It was that power that protected them both, until a struggle for the prison's throne resulted in her death. Left alone, Bane survived off of scraps...and hate. Rather than consume him, the hate instead hardened his heart and sharpened his instincts. It was hate that first drove him to survive, until he found his goal. In that goal he found his certainty, his resolve. That resolve left him soaked in a man's blood. He left that blood on for a week as a reminder to the rest of the prison.

Years passed and the bodies piled up. Alliances made, but never friendships. Deals forged, but always broken. The throne, that top spot, still beckoned. A lifetime of pain was the price of its purchase, and he paid it gladly. It was then, while just beginning to reap the benefits of his years of work, that he was approached by the League. They presented him with something more than a throne. They gave him reason. A prison so corrupt as to allow a child to grow within its walls, so vile as to force its sole woman occupant to rely on her body to keep the rest of the wolves at bay. He was a son of that cesspool, and as such deserved to be the one to put it to the torch.

That show of deliberate planning and ferocity was his ticket into the League. There his true resolve was tested. His mind, body, and soul brought to a melting point and molded to the League's expectations. 

== Character Extras ==
Ons and Offs:

The WIP looks pretty good. Though one thing, Bane should be bigger I think. Maybe around 6'6? Just in keeping with the 'Giant of a Man' aspect, as Canon he is close to 7 foot tall.

Writersblockade

My understanding was that he was only that tall with Venom, which I didn't want to use in the story. I could make him taller, but I'd have to add some poundage ^_^. Let me know, and I'll research some body types
Story Lottery Profile
Here’s my O/Os!

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: Writersblockade on June 26, 2014, 10:07:15 AM
My understanding was that he was only that tall with Venom, which I didn't want to use in the story. I could make him taller, but I'd have to add some poundage ^_^. Let me know, and I'll research some body types

We were thinking along the lines of finding a happy medium, that way he still towers in a way over Batman and also Ra's. Perhaps 6'5" or 6'6" and around 250 - 275 lbs. Then he's still pretty meaty and could swallow Batman in one bite. ;)

(Some say with venom he was 6'8" and 350lbs. Can you say Woah)
LaLu's Delicious treats!

Lady Lunarius

== Character Bio ==
Legal Name:Carmen Angelica Falcone
Alias:Angelica Russo,  "Angel"
Sexuality:Straight
Part of Gotham Residing In: Mid-Town

Angel's physique is only slightly misleading. At 5'7" her slender frame is toned and much stronger than one would think. Preferring a fresh face appearance she wears little to no make up. Her long dark hair falls over her shoulders in straight waves. She was always told by her father that she too after her mother more than she ever took after him. She's yet to decide if he meant that as a good thing or not. When on the beat she chooses clothes that make chasing idiots who run down, choosing comfort and flexibility over appearance.

== Persona ==
At times she's a bit too serious when it comes to her job. Then again, her life is more than the job, its staying alive. At times she can appear paranoid, but that's just comes with having spent the last near decade looking over her shoulder for her father's thugs. Determined to always get her guy she tends to be a workaholic, choosing to rest in the precinct over going home most evenings. At times she may have a bit of a temper, but that just comes with her Italian lineage.

== Key Skills ==
Criminology:
College Education:
Expert Martial Artist:
Expert Marksmen:
Novice Detective:

== Advantages ==
Quick Reflexes:
Empathy:
Intimidate:
Legal Enforcement Powers:
Fit:

== Disadvantages ==
Insomniac:
Over Confident:
Enemies:
Secret:

== Background ==

Born Carmen Falcone. Angel is the youngest daughter of Carmine Falcone and his wife Louisa Falcone. Her mother disappeared when she was six, supposedly returning to Italy for health reasons. Leaving Angel at the mercy of her father and his underground Empire. As the youngest she was the one who her father lavished most his attentions. Taking great care in her raising, he made sure she had all the best tutors and instructors. From the time she was 13 she was taught how to handle a gun, as well as defend herself without a weapon. Some in the family said Carmine was raising her to be his personal body guard, while others said she was to be an assassin. Either way, she spend most of puberty learning how to fight and at her father's side.

When she was 17 her father allowed her to attend Gotham City University where she met Garvise Maroni. The two fell head over heels for each other much to her father's disapproval. After being ordered to break it off, or face the consequences they decided to see each other in secret. For a few months it lasted, their secret affair until one of her father's goons caught sight of them leaving the theater together one night. It was weeks before she found out what had happened to him. Weeks before she realized they'd been noticed. By then it was too late, his face was plastered all over Gotham City Newspapers and on the television.

Torn to shreds, apparently by dogs. Her father's trademark. It was then that Carmen Angelica Falcone decided enough was enough. Legally changing her last name, she dropped all hint of her lineage, having lived in the shadow's most her life and applied to Gotham City Police Academy as soon as she could. Changing her degrees to criminology and giving her father a real slap in the face when she cut all contact with her family. She's not stupid though. She knows her father better than anyone. She's a loose end and her life since has been a constant battle of staying alive and thwarting the assholes her father has spread out in the police force.

== Character Extras ==
Face Claim: Monica Belucci
Ons and Offs: She likes someone who can take charge both in the bed room and out of it. Otherwise refer to player's O/O's.
LaLu's Delicious treats!

Writersblockade

6'6 275lb? Definitely doable! I'll make the adjustment. I'll have to change face claims too lol. I can't even fake Tom being that big!
Story Lottery Profile
Here’s my O/Os!

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: Writersblockade on June 26, 2014, 11:49:47 AM
6'6 275lb? Definitely doable! I'll make the adjustment. I'll have to change face claims too lol. I can't even fake Tom being that big!

That's what she said. ;)

Oh a possible that comes to mind is Nathan Jones but that man is a beasts beast. 6'11" and 300+ lbs...O.o

To be more specific he's 360 lbs of meat and muscle O.O *Hides*
LaLu's Delicious treats!

GnothiSeauton

Just dropping this off here before I head out the door to get some grocery shopping done.

Rebecca "Vyrus" Williams

Legal Name:  Rebecca Abigail Williams

Alias:  Vyrus

Sexuality:  Bisexual, with a preference for females.

Part of Gotham City Residing In:  High-rise apartment in the West Village, Uptown (Clark Street)

Physical Description:The first thing usually noticed about Rebecca is her height.  Shorter than most at just over five foot tall, her lack of height is easily noticed by those who come across her, expecting some sort of tall and lanky nerd.  Her long, dark brown hair is usually straight, occasionally out up if needed.   Her dark brown eyes are always calculating and analyzing her surroundings.  Apart from a few piercings that are hidden by clothes, she has no body modifications or birth marks.

Persona:  To put it simply, Rebecca is adaptable.  When she has to go out in public, she knows how to act and react given a situation and her surroundings.  She knows how to fit in, be the well-adjusted girl who can captivate the attention of others, or the party girl in a club scene.  She knows how to blend in, to be just another face in the crowd.  They're merely masks; masks she wears when she is out, doing things that need to be done, things that couldn't be done from at home from her keyboard.  At home, she holds herself up in the apartment paid for by blackmail money and theft, a high-rise apartment overlooking the Queens River.  It is her command center, her base for pulling off whatever the hell she feels like doing.  At her heart, she is usually a quiet girl, an analytical, calculating young woman who analyzes everything put before her.

Key Skills:  Expert in code writing.  Expert in computers.  Deep-Web Hacker.  Virus creator.

Advantages:

• Extremely Analytical:  Established from many long hours spent looking at codes and cracking codes.  Puzzles are of little difficulty for her as she is able to see things most others can't, and uses it to her advantage.
  • Determined and Strong Willed:  When Rebecca puts her mind to it, she won't stop until she sees it through.  Little, if anything, can deter her from seeing it to it's completion.  Being told something is impossible is often seen as a challenge to her.
  • Amazing Memory:  Her memory is very spot on, able to recall things further back than most people could.  It's a natural gift, something that she uses to her advantage when needed to recall numbers, code, etc.  Not quite photographic, but not far off from it.

Disadvantages:

• Lack of Physical Strength:  She is a computer nerd.  She's someone who doesn't truly see the need or use of physical strength in what she does.  She's fit, can run and keep up, but her strength is low.
  • Vivd Nightmares and Insomnia:  Rebecca suffers from a condition that produces vivid and extreme nightmares in her sleep.  Without the aid of powerful sleeping pills that dull and block the dreams, she usually stays awake and keeps long hours in an effort to avoid the possibility of suffering through the nightmares.
  • Headaches:  Without her medication for headaches, Rebecca suffers from severe migraines.  The medicine helps to dull and prevent them from happening.

Background:  Within the archives of the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the Central Intelligence Agency, MI6, InterPol, and a variety of other organizations, the file on the hacker known simply as “Vyrus” is rather thin on the personal information section.  Little is truly known about the hacker.  Their IP address bounces around the world, back and forth on various Virtual Private Networks and satellites.  Many agencies simply gave up trying to track Vyrus down.  Little is truly known about the hacker, yet there is no shortage of the acts of “cyber terrorism” committed by the Deep-Web Hacker.  From pranks and hoaxes perpetrated and claimed responsibility by Vyrus, to the ever growing number of claimants of blackmail and fraud pulled off by Vyrus, the stack of paperwork on her crimes and actions seems to never end. 

For Rebecca, family was something that never quite found her.  She didn't have a mother and father.  Her father, according to the aunt who had raised her, ran off when he found out her mother was pregnant.  Her mother died not long after giving birth to her.  It was her aunt that adopted her, raised her as she would her own, and raised her as best as she could given the circumstances.

She grew up with her Aunt in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by farms and flat lands.  Computers always fascinated her, even as a younger child.  It became a natural thing for her, taking to them and excelling at a young age.  Computer and Technology classes were always her favorite, always her best subjects.  She could do things even in high school that her teachers couldn't, impressing them and infuriating them.  She passed her classes, even though she knew it would never be a problem.  After she hacked into her teachers' grade books, she knew she didn't have to worry about grades again.

With her skills with a computer, she began to put them to use to make money.  Working her way into the dark depths of the Deep Web, she found work hacking and creating viruses.  The money she made was good, decent enough to help her move out from her Aunt's house and east to Gotham.  But soon she began to move away from hacking and creating viruses as her primary income, instead focusing her attentions on hacking into the computers and phones of the rich and powerful, blackmailing them for more than enough cash to keep her happy.

It was the arrival of "the Bat Man" that began to inspire her to use her skills for good, rather than for her own selfish needs.  To see someone out there making a difference, putting away the dangerous and disturbed, made her want to do her part, using her hacking and virus skills to track down criminals and other unsavory individuals, to bring down the corrupt and evil, to make Gotham and the world a better place.

Face Claim:  Ellen Page

On’s and Off’s:  Mostly submissive in the bedroom.   Enjoys both males and females, but has a natural inclination towards females.

Seeking New Stories

TheBlackThrone

I'll be working on a second character sometime this weekend. I have a project that's due tomorrow so that's where my focus is for today.
The gates are open
Current Time Zone: US MST
Delays: School 20 Feb - 9 May
Current solo request: None.
Current group request: Strings

GnothiSeauton

A little list of characters, writers, and face claims that have currently been approved.  Included at the bottom is a little stat section for those wondering about the gender differences, canon and original character numbers, etc.  If I missed anyone, and I'm sure I have, please don't hesitate to let me know.  I'll be more than happy to make any changes or additions I may have missed.

Also going to go back tonight and update the face claims and canon characters thread to reflect the new additions and pending characters/works in progress/etc.

The Complete Cast of Characters, Writers, and Face Claims

Character Name
Bruce Wayne / Batman
Barbara Gordon / Batwoman
Carmine Falcone / The Roman
Charles Szasz / The Question
Edward Nygma / The Riddler
Gemma Spadafore
Harleen Quinzel / Harley Quinn
Harvey Dent / Janus, Two Face
Helena Bertinelli / Huntress
The Joker
James "Jim" Gordon
Luisa Falcone
Pamela Isely / Poison Ivy
Ra's Al Ghul
Richard "Dick" Grayson / Robin
Ryan Reave
Sandra Woosan / Lady Shiva
Selina Kyle / Catwoman
Slade Wilson / Deathstroke
Vicki Vale
Victor Zsas
Vivian Abasi

~ 
    ~   
    ~   
    ~ 
    ~   
    ~   
    ~   
    ~   
    ~   
    ~   
    ~   
    ~   
    ~   
    ~   
    ~   
    ~   
    ~   
    ~   
    ~   
    ~   
    ~   
    ~   
Writer
Black Howling
SydneyDrew20
Black Howling
Downfall347
Ebb
Lithium
Lady Lunarius
StrangeFate
BarbaraGordon
TheBlackThrone
GnothiSeauton
TheBobMaster
GnothiSeauton
Eternal Blade
PhantomPistoleer
TheBobMaster
Lithium
LadyElizabeth
Downfall347
StrangeFate
Trafalgar
EbonyQueen

~ 
    ~   
    ~ 
    ~   
    ~   
    ~   
    ~   
    ~   
    ~   
    ~   
    ~   
    ~   
    ~   
    ~   
    ~   
    ~   
    ~   
    ~   
    ~   
    ~   
    ~   
    ~   
Play-By / Face Claim
Christian Bale
Deborah Ann Woll
Josh Brolin
Misha Collins
Benedict Cumberbatch
Scarlett Johansson
Brittany Murphy
Michael Fassbender
Gina Carano
Heath Ledger
Gary Oldman
Fiore Argento
Christina Hendricks
Liam Neeson
Ian Somerhalder
Jason Statham
Son Dambi
Missy Peregrym
Jeff Bridges
Meg Chambers Steede
Aaron Paul
Rutina Wesley

Current Numbers

Male Characters:  12
Female Characters:  10
Canon Characters:  18
Original Characters:  4
Pending Characters:  4

Seeking New Stories

Eternal Blade

== Character Bio ==
Legal Name: Ellen Yin
Alias: N/A
Sexuality: Bi-curious
Part of Gotham Residing In: Her apartment in West Chelsea Hills, Downtown Gotham.

== Physical Description == Relatively tall at 5'7, she has a lithe and athletic frame. Dark hair with light brown highlights, and brown eyes. She's quite attractive. She tends towards jeans and tanks when off the job, while on duty she usually wears blouses or T-shirts with a blazer over it and slacks. She generally wears boots. She has been known to put on a dress on dates, but that's not often.

== Persona == Slightly jaded by the things she's seen in her career, and recent events in her life. She has a tendency for sarcasm, and the dark humor most cops develop to stave off the horrors of homicide cases. She's tough and expects her subordinates to do their jobs, regardless of what they might think of her gender or ethnicity.

== Key Skills ==
Skilled Martial Artist
Skilled Marksman, Particularly with pistols.
Experienced Investigator and Interrogator.
Extensive Training in High Speed Pursuit.

== Advantages ==
Intuitive Investigator: Sometimes the pieces of the puzzle just click together for her(GM's discretion.)
Very Quick: Her speed and agility are her greatest physical contributes in a fight in hand to hand, and she's been known to swipe from suspected criminal pockets before.
Observant: She notices minor things, things most people miss.

== Disadvantages ==
Believes in the Justice System: Corrupt city officials(including cops), and criminals who are seemingly above the law bother her immensely. This was how she lost her last position, and in a city like Gotham it's even more of a problem.
Honorable: She keeps her word, and repays her debts. She not beyond manipulation, and omission, but she doesn't lie outright.
Not very Strong: She's built her muscles as well as her body will allow, but she knows she'll never be very strong.

== Background == Ellen's father was a Detective for the Metropolis Police, and all through her young life she wanted to follow in her fathers footsteps. He encouraged her, and taught her what he could throughout her formative years. Not long after she entered college he was killed while on the job, and seemingly the case was mishandled by his fellow officers. She left school early, with just an undergraduate, to enter the force and find out what had happened to her father.

It took her five years, but she finally got high enough she could get access to his case file, but no matter which way she looked at it, it seemed to be a dead end. She looked over it in her spare time, which continued to get cut in half as she advanced to Detective, but it was on what seemed like an unrelated case where she found the break in her fathers murder. Investigating a corporate scandal cover up right after she made detective, she found a file on her father, with more than a few missing details from his murder case file.

Not long after Yin came across this file, the precinct roadblocked the cover up case, and Yin began to work all angles to find out who was behind it. After several threats to have her kicked off the force as she got closer and closer to the truth, she was sent a file with her families information in it along with pictures of her sister, niece and mother with red X's slashed over them. The threat was not subtle, but with her own fellows on the force not backing her or even a part of the conspiracy, and the Feds seemingly willing to ignore it she was forced to back down. Once the fires she'd set had died down she was suspended without pay.

After a few months of hearing nothing, and in a rut of depression, she received an email from Gotham asking her to transfer over to take over the GCPD's Major Crime Unit. She took up the opportunity, believing that it would make her family safer if she left Metropolis.

== Character Extras ==
Face Claim: Jamie Chung
Ons and Offs: Ellen likes to struggle with men for dominance in bed, but ultimately she wants to lose. Her bi curious probably would have been cleared up long ago if she stayed in college longer, but alas...

Black Howling

Lazy, so I'm not quoting posts or the like. But the characters that are completed have been approved by me.

Though Clause standing that Yin's profession needs Approval by Gnothie. She plays Jim, and that division was originally his. He'd have direct power to bring the successor in. Him and possibly Harvey.

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: Writersblockade on June 26, 2014, 04:28:50 AM

Bane
== Character Bio ==

== Persona ==

== Key Skills ==

== Advantages ==
High Pain Threshold
   -Known only as Bane

== Disadvantages ==

== Background ==

== Character Extras ==
Ons and Offs:

Looks good to me so far.  Can't wait to see the finished product.

Quote from: Eternal Blade on June 26, 2014, 08:17:27 PM
Ellen Yin
== Character Bio ==
Legal Name: Ellen Yin
Alias: N/A
Sexuality: Bi-curious
Part of Gotham Residing In: Her apartment in West Chelsea Hills, Downtown Gotham.

== Physical Description == Relatively tall at 5'7, she has a lithe and athletic frame. Dark hair with light brown highlights, and brown eyes. She's quite attractive. She tends towards jeans and tanks when off the job, while on duty she usually wears blouses or T-shirts with a blazer over it and slacks. She generally wears boots. She has been known to put on a dress on dates, but that's not often.

== Persona == Slightly jaded by the things she's seen in her career, and recent events in her life. She has a tendency for sarcasm, and the dark humor most cops develop to stave off the horrors of homicide cases. She's tough and expects her subordinates to do their jobs, regardless of what they might think of her gender or ethnicity.

== Key Skills ==
Skilled Martial Artist
Skilled Marksman, Particularly with pistols.
Experienced Investigator and Interrogator.
Extensive Training in High Speed Pursuit.

== Advantages ==
Intuitive Investigator: Sometimes the pieces of the puzzle just click together for her(GM's discretion.)
Very Quick: Her speed and agility are her greatest physical contributes in a fight in hand to hand, and she's been known to swipe from suspected criminal pockets before.
Observant: She notices minor things, things most people miss.

== Disadvantages ==
Believes in the Justice System: Corrupt city officials(including cops), and criminals who are seemingly above the law bother her immensely. This was how she lost her last position, and in a city like Gotham it's even more of a problem.
Honorable: She keeps her word, and repays her debts. She not beyond manipulation, and omission, but she doesn't lie outright.
Not very Strong: She's built her muscles as well as her body will allow, but she knows she'll never be very strong.

== Background == Ellen's father was a Detective for the Metropolis Police, and all through her young life she wanted to follow in her fathers footsteps. He encouraged her, and taught her what he could throughout her formative years. Not long after she entered college he was killed while on the job, and seemingly the case was mishandled by his fellow officers. She left school early, with just an undergraduate, to enter the force and find out what had happened to her father.

It took her five years, but she finally got high enough she could get access to his case file, but no matter which way she looked at it, it seemed to be a dead end. She looked over it in her spare time, which continued to get cut in half as she advanced to Detective, but it was on what seemed like an unrelated case where she found the break in her fathers murder. Investigating a corporate scandal cover up right after she made detective, she found a file on her father, with more than a few missing details from his murder case file.

Not long after Yin came across this file, the precinct roadblocked the cover up case, and Yin began to work all angles to find out who was behind it. After several threats to have her kicked off the force as she got closer and closer to the truth, she was sent a file with her families information in it along with pictures of her sister, niece and mother with red X's slashed over them. The threat was not subtle, but with her own fellows on the force not backing her or even a part of the conspiracy, and the Feds seemingly willing to ignore it she was forced to back down. Once the fires she'd set had died down she was suspended without pay.

After a few months of hearing nothing, and in a rut of depression, she received an email from Gotham asking her to transfer over to take over the GCPD's Major Crime Unit. She took up the opportunity, believing that it would make her family safer if she left Metropolis.

== Character Extras ==
Face Claim: Jamie Chung
Ons and Offs: Ellen likes to struggle with men for dominance in bed, but ultimately she wants to lose. Her bi curious probably would have been cleared up long ago if she stayed in college longer, but alas...

I like her!  I don't have a problem with her taking over Major Crimes Unit.  I think that could be really interesting.  Approved by me.

Quote from: Lady Lunarius on June 26, 2014, 11:34:02 AM
Carmen Angelica Falcone
== Character Bio ==
Legal Name:Carmen Angelica Falcone
Alias:Angelica Russo,  "Angel"
Sexuality:Straight
Part of Gotham Residing In: Mid-Town

Angel's physique is only slightly misleading. At 5'7" her slender frame is toned and much stronger than one would think. Preferring a fresh face appearance she wears little to no make up. Her long dark hair falls over her shoulders in straight waves. She was always told by her father that she too after her mother more than she ever took after him. She's yet to decide if he meant that as a good thing or not. When on the beat she chooses clothes that make chasing idiots who run down, choosing comfort and flexibility over appearance.

== Persona ==
At times she's a bit too serious when it comes to her job. Then again, her life is more than the job, its staying alive. At times she can appear paranoid, but that's just comes with having spent the last near decade looking over her shoulder for her father's thugs. Determined to always get her guy she tends to be a workaholic, choosing to rest in the precinct over going home most evenings. At times she may have a bit of a temper, but that just comes with her Italian lineage.

== Key Skills ==
Criminology:
College Education:
Expert Martial Artist:
Expert Marksmen:
Novice Detective:

== Advantages ==
Quick Reflexes:
Empathy:
Intimidate:
Legal Enforcement Powers:
Fit:

== Disadvantages ==
Insomniac:
Over Confident:
Enemies:
Secret:

== Background ==

Born Carmen Falcone. Angel is the youngest daughter of Carmine Falcone and his wife Louisa Falcone. Her mother disappeared when she was six, supposedly returning to Italy for health reasons. Leaving Angel at the mercy of her father and his underground Empire. As the youngest she was the one who her father lavished most his attentions. Taking great care in her raising, he made sure she had all the best tutors and instructors. From the time she was 13 she was taught how to handle a gun, as well as defend herself without a weapon. Some in the family said Carmine was raising her to be his personal body guard, while others said she was to be an assassin. Either way, she spend most of puberty learning how to fight and at her father's side.

When she was 17 her father allowed her to attend Gotham City University where she met Garvise Maroni. The two fell head over heels for each other much to her father's disapproval. After being ordered to break it off, or face the consequences they decided to see each other in secret. For a few months it lasted, their secret affair until one of her father's goons caught sight of them leaving the theater together one night. It was weeks before she found out what had happened to him. Weeks before she realized they'd been noticed. By then it was too late, his face was plastered all over Gotham City Newspapers and on the television.

Torn to shreds, apparently by dogs. Her father's trademark. It was then that Carmen Angelica Falcone decided enough was enough. Legally changing her last name, she dropped all hint of her lineage, having lived in the shadow's most her life and applied to Gotham City Police Academy as soon as she could. Changing her degrees to criminology and giving her father a real slap in the face when she cut all contact with her family. She's not stupid though. She knows her father better than anyone. She's a loose end and her life since has been a constant battle of staying alive and thwarting the assholes her father has spread out in the police force.

== Character Extras ==
Face Claim: Monica Belucci
Ons and Offs: She likes someone who can take charge both in the bed room and out of it. Otherwise refer to player's O/O's.

Approved!

Seeking New Stories

ladyelizabeth

I would like to hold Talia Al Ghul and Face Claim Marion Cotillard  ... I'll get her sheet up tomorrow. 

currently dealing with a violent and messy 2 year old mini ><
The Oath of Drake *~*  On/Off's  *~*  A/A's