News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Airships and Dragons (Pathfinder)

Started by Autocad, January 09, 2015, 12:03:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Florence

STR: 7 (-2)
DEX: 18 (+4)
CON: 14 (+2)
INT: 10 (+0)
WIS: 8 (-1)
CHA: 18 (+4)

Wonder how that might work all in all (that's after factoring in racial modifiers and the extra point from level 4), the lowered Wisdom isn't ideal, but I get +4 to both Charisma and Dexterity, and +2 to Constitution. I don't have a spare skill point for Acrobatics with this build, but for the life of me, I cannot find any trait that makes it a class kill. Mind bogglingly, even Acrobat doesn't make Acrobatics a class skill.

Unless Autocad is willing to homebrew something up for me, I might just have to make do with what I've got in terms of Acrobatics.

Okay, I lied, as I was typing this, I stumbled upon one... but the flavor text for it doesn't really fit Akane. If Autocad's cool letting me bullshit up a totally different explanation for the trait, I can give her Rice Runner:

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/traits/regional-traits/rice-runner-wanshou

Perhaps just take the slave part out and say she grew up in an area that produced a lot of rice and spent a lot of time running about the paddies as a kid.

and then...

STR: 7 (-2)
DEX: 18 (+4)
CON: 12 (+1)
INT: 12 (+1)
WIS: 8 (-1)
CHA: 18 (+4)

I go back to only getting +1 Constitution, but I still manage to keep +4 to both Dexterity and Charisma, and manage to get the +1 to Intelligence that I'd need to get Acrobatics (taking an extra skill point each level), though my Wisdom still suffers.

Taking that gives me a +1 to Acrobatics, on top of making it a class skill... which adds to my +2 racial bonus and brings my Acrobatics up to 14.

(Sidenote, hey, I just noticed that comes from a book that Colin McComb worked on... When the fuck is Torment: Tides of Numenera coming out, I helped back it and damnit, I wanna play it! D8)

(Additional sidenote, holy crap I'm doing a lot of math and shit for this character.)
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

Zaer Darkwail

As tip reckless (combat trait) also gives acrobatics and gives +1 trait bonus with it. Also to get extra HP and SP you can take campaign trait; Looking for your Kin (gives +1 HP and SP atop what else you get from favored class). Not sure of fluff as it does not have any but name indicates your searching for your lost kin.

Florence

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on January 12, 2015, 07:00:48 AM
As tip reckless (combat trait) also gives acrobatics and gives +1 trait bonus with it. Also to get extra HP and SP you can take campaign trait; Looking for your Kin (gives +1 HP and SP atop what else you get from favored class). Not sure of fluff as it does not have any but name indicates your searching for your lost kin.

So it does! I can't believe I missed that. Thanks!

Reckless it is, then!

Edit:

Given that there seems to be more competition for Captain, I think I'll go with this:

If possible, I think Captain would fit Akane, especially as her story and motivation has been evolving in my head. If, however, Autocad takes someone else for Captain, I'll be happy to play her as a Gunner xD
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

Zaer Darkwail

And my case my char could be helmsman instead captain, just would need invest 3 more ranks to profession [sailor] and he would fit in (as he has class features which make seay voyage easier and make sailing checks lower by just singing).

Autocad

Very impressive applications all around, it was difficult to make my decision, but here are the final five (yes, you read that right, I'm accepting five people).

Captain Aaron Windwhisper, male aasimar bard (Zaer Darkwail)
Quartermaster Raji, female human swashbuckler (Chulanowa)
Engineer Mikhail Volkov, male human alchemist (Changingsaint)
Navigator Bonnie Lass, female halfling summoner (Latooni Subota)
Helmsman Shan Zuk, male tengu monk (rikka)

Yup, the roles have been expanded for five crew members as well. Acceptees, make your way over to the OOC thread and finish up your character sheets, if you haven't already: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=221453.0

To everyone else, thank you for your interest and your applications will be remembered in case any replacement players are needed.