News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

San Lironus

Started by Leonis, April 23, 2010, 12:01:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leonis

This first post is to be used to keep track of the character sheets for all of the PCs.

Name: Rollard
Player: Leonis
Strength: 15
Dexterity: 24
Constitution: 16
Wisdom: 26
Level: 3
HP: 99
MP: 26
Attack: 21
Defense: 21
Resistance: 34
Weapon: Staff (+5 ATK)
Armor: Robe (+5 DEF, +8 RES)
Accessory: Feathered Cap (+5% Spell Damage)
Liros: 138
Inventory:
Medicine: Restores 250 HP
Mana Drop: Restores 30 MP
Tome Library: (Organizes all spell tomes owned)
Current Tomes: Fire, Power
Skills:
Spellcraft: Allows Rollard to cast a spell based on the tomes he has recovered. (Power: Varies. MP Cost: Varies)

Name: Mikael Tessla
Player: Nevermore of blood ravens
Strength: 22
Dexterity: 19
Constitution: 20
Wisdom: 21
HP: 136
TP: 24
Attack: 29
Defense: 27
Resistance: 27
Weapon: Pistol (+7 ATK)
Armor: Leather Coat (+6 DEF, +6 RES)
Accessory: Boots (+1 DEF)
Liros: 95
Inventory:
Bandages: Restores 250 HP
Tech Drink: Restores 30 TP
Toolbox: Allows item crafting
Skills:
Stealth: Raises Evasion. (Power: 2. TP Cost: 3. Duration: 5 rounds)
Beastmastery: Unleash a pet onto the enemy. (Power: LV. TP Cost: 6)

Name: Jessie Kross
Player: Kiric Rand
Strength: 16
Dexterity: 23
Constitution: 20
Wisdom: 22
Level: 2
HP: 133
TP: 24
Attack: 22
Defense: 28
Resistance: 29
Weapon: Dagger (+6 ATK)
Armor: Jacket (+8 DEF, +7 RES)
Accessory: Viral Drive (+25% damage to machines while equipped)
Liros: 70
Inventory:
Camjammer: Disables security cameras in the immediate area. Gone after one use.
Skills:
Steal: Attempt to steal an enemy's items. (Power: N/A. TP Cost: 2)
Scan: View an enemy's stats and weaknesses. (TP Cost: 1)

Name: Marcus
Player: Aether
Strength: 27
Dexterity: 24
Constitution: 17
Wisdom: 13
HP: 108
TP: 19
Attack: 35
Defense: 24
Resistance: 18
Weapon: Shortsword (+8 ATK)
Armor: BPV (+7 DEF, +5 RES, -25% Damage from bullets)
Other: Bandana (+1 Crit. Chance)
Liros: 60
Inventory:
Coolant: Removes "Burning" status
Skills:
Triple Slash: Strikes an enemy three times in a row. Each strike is slightly less powerful than a standard attack. (DMG=ATK*(LV^0.4)*3; TP Cost: 4)

Leonis

Rollard awakened to find himself surrounded by concrete structures hundreds of feet high. He picked himself up off the ground and grabbed his red hat, a feather still stuck in it. Though he didn't realize it yet, he was in one of the back alleys of San Lironus' central city. Worse yet, there were two men glaring down at him, one armed with a chain, the other a knife. They apparently didn't like that strange red jacket and hat he was wearing. To the people of San Lironus, Rollard looked like he was going to a Renaissance Fair.

Kiric Rand

Jessie duckedinto one of the allyways of the city. Stealing goods was hard around here, but selling stolen goods, that was damn near impossible. Still, with enough perseverance, he could get anything sold he wanted too. He ducked into a door, finding a local pawn shop, he rung the bell. "Hello, anyone here?" He sat a coin he had "found" earlier. He wanted to get it off his hands before the local authorities found him.
[Floatright]
[/float]
Guardian of Lynnie's heart
-My inbox is sort.of like 7-11. It's not always doing business, but it's always open.-
Flying High or Falling Fast (O/Os)My Ideas! A/A updated 2/11/15

Leonis

The grungy-looking shopkeeper took his cigarette out of his mouth and took the coin that Jessie held out to him. "Hmm...some collectors would like to have this. I give ya 25 liros for this, kid." He handed over the cash to the hacker.

Jessie obtained 25 liros!

Meanwhile, a gunshot was heard in the alley just outside of the pawn shop.

Kiric Rand

Jessie heard the gunshot, and his heard skipped a beat. *Great, some of the local law have followed me, best just lay low for a bit until they pass.* Paranoia had been a survival trait for the hacker all his life, and he wasn't going to stop now. He slid over to a window and peaked out, trying to see whatever he could. If it was the law, he would have to make a break for it, but if it was someone in trouble. Jessie grabbed the hilt of his knife, ready to strike if need be.
[Floatright]
[/float]
-My inbox is sort.of like 7-11. It's not always doing business, but it's always open.-

Leonis

From out the window, Jessie could see three men standing in the alley, two of them backing the third into a corner. The two of them were dressed in leather jackets, the backs of which had stylized letters that spelled out MASSACRE. One of the men had brandished a gun! This could not mean well, as the civilians of San Lironus were prohibited from bearing arms in order to prevent any uprising. The man backed into a corner looked even weirder, as he was dressed in a red coat and trousers; on his head was a stretched-out red fedora with a white feather stuck in it.

"There's rules for people who tresspass on our turf!" One of the leather-clad men said. "You tresspass, you die. Got it? Good, now you die."

Kiric Rand

He couldn't watch anymore. Drawing his knife and quietly slipping out the door, Jessie attempted to sneak up behind the gang member holding the gun. He caught sight of the man being attacked, and planted a finger to his lips in order to tell him to stay quiet. He was far from strong, but in this situation, one clean shot the the neck would take this guy out, and maybe he could take care of the other ganger. slipping behind the gun wielding ganger, knife poised to strike, Jessie waited for just the right moment.
[Floatright]
[/float]

Leonis

The young man in red couldn't help but cry out for Jessie to assist him. This caused the two thugs to turn and notice the thief behind them. "Oh, you wanna play too?" One of them said with a sadistic grin.

BATTLE START!
Jessie
Young Man

vs.

Thug (x2)

Kiric Rand

"Dammit kid, I told you to be quiet. I could have offed that punk with the gun."

Jesie will attempt to stab the Thug with the gun
[Floatright]
[/float]

Leonis

ROUND 1

Initiatives:
Jessie: 22
Young Man: 20
Thug A: 18
Thug B: 25

Thug B swings his chain at Young Man and does 31 damage.
Jessie tries to stab Thug A, but misses.
Young Man hits Thug B with some sort of stick, and does 8 damage.
Thug A shoots Jessie with his pistol for 37 damage.

Jessie: 50/87 HP; 14/14 TP
Young Man: 40/71 HP; 15/15 MP

Kiric Rand

"OK, that hurt"

Jessie will try to stab again.
[Floatright]
[/float]

Leonis

Round 2

Initiatives:
Jessie: 20
Young Man: 18
Thug A: 23
Thug B: 24

Thug B fires his gun at the man in red, but misses.
Thug A hits Jessie with his chainwhip for 28 damage.
Jessie stabs Thug B for 8 damage.
Somehow, the young man throws a ball of fire from his hands! It hits Thug A for 43 damage!
Thug A falls to the ground, burnt to a crisp.

Jessie: 22/87 HP; 14/14 TP
Young Man: 40/71 HP; 13/15 MP

Kiric Rand

"Damn, I was hoping not to use these this early, but I'm hurting over here."

Jessie will use his bandages.
[Floatright]
[/float]

Leonis

Round 3

Initiatives
Jessie: 24
Young Man: 17
Thug B: 20

Jessie uses Bandages, and recovers 65 HP.
Thug B fires his pistol at Young Man and does 35 damage.
Young Man throws a flaming sphere at Thug B, and does 42 damage!
Thug B is defeated!

VICTORY!
Jessie and Young Man received 18 XP and 10 Liros each.
Jessie has gained a level!
Distribute your 7 new stat points now!
Young Man has gained a level!
+2 STR
+2 DEX
+1 CON
+2 WIS
+13 HP
+6 MP

The man in the feathered fedora brushed himself off. "Thank you, kind sir. You saved my life, I think. My name is Rollard. Who might you be? And where am I? When am I?"

Kiric Rand

+2 Stg
+1 Dex
+2 Wis
+2 Con

"Don't worry about it kid, looks like you did most the damage to them." Jessie Searched through the bodies of their fallen foes. *Damn, most of the good stuff is scorched. How did that kid do that?* He stood up, tossing the kid a few coins for saving his life there.

"Name's Jessie. As far as where you are, you're in the middle of San Lironus, the biggest hellhole on the planet." He offered the kid his hand. He had talent, Jessie wanted to keep him close, hell, maybe he had something of value to steal.
[Floatright]
[/float]

Leonis

"San Lironus? Is that what they're calling the kingdom now?" Rollard asked. "I've never seen a place quite like this before...a city made of metal..." He stepped out from the alley and onto the streets, standing in the middle of the road. "Where is Solaryn's Tower? I was just there before I tried using that tome..."

(Note: San Lironus history books have all taught that magic does not exist nor has it ever existed...)

Kiric Rand

Jessie watched the kid walk out. *Kingdom, Tomb, what was he talking about?* He shook his head clear as Rollard walked into the street. A car horn blasting, Jessie dove and grabbed him moments before he was run over. "You damned fool, what were you thinking? You can't just stand in the middle of a road like that. You're going to get yourself killed. Now, start from the beginning. where are you from and what sort of trick was that you just pulled back there?"
[Floatright]
[/float]

Nevermore of blood ravens

Mikael was tired as he left the building where he worked, but he decided on a walk before heading home, and wandered in the direction of a park.

Leonis

As Rollard looked around at the skyline, he noticed a large building that seemed to dwarf the rest, and that was saying a lot considering the other buildings were tens of stories tall; this one must have been at least a hundred!

"Is that Solaryn's Tower? It's about the right height, but it doesn't look like anything I've ever seen..." He was so fixated on the citadel that he accidentally bumped into Mikael, who was on his way to the park. "Oh! Pardon me!"

Mikael looked down at the man who bumped into him and spoke kindly though his thick accent made his words seem harsh "Hey there little man, you should really pay attention, this city is dangerous" He gave a sideways glance at the other "An you, dont be thinking bout nothin stupid, I aint got nothin' wor' the trouble"

Kiric Rand

As Rollard pointed toward the largest building, Jessi got a sick feeling in his stomach. "than, I don't know what tower you are asking about, but that is the Grand Citadel, and I don't think you want to be going anywhere near there. You'd be shot on sight if you're found anywhere near there. It's been Mayor Drake's home since 2025, and that was 12 years ago." He turned to the man Rollard had bumped into. "Look, I'm not trying to make any trouble tonight, just trying to get home when this kid practically fell in my lap."
[Floatright]
[/float]

"Thats a smart thing kiddo, there's enough trouble around here as it is" He looked back at the other. "your an unlikely pair, where did you find a nut who wants to go to the citadel?"

Kiric Rand

"He was being attacked by two gangers and I tried to help, but he did.... something and burnt them to a crisp." He grabbed Rollard by the shoulder as he tried to wander off again. "He seems a little confused, he keeps talking about something called Solaryn's Tower or something. Poor thing must have bashed his head in. We were just going to try and find a place to rest so I can figure out where he's from and what he's doing wanderin around here."
[Floatright]
[/float]

Mikeal looked around shiftily "you mean he does magic?" the words no more than a whisper. "Hey kid, my name is Tesla, now, why dont you two come with me and we can talk about where you came from" He lead them off towards his appartment.

Kiric Rand

"Magic, ain't a such thing that ever existed. I'm guessing he has some kind of flamethrower hidden.... wait, where you two going?" Jessie ran after them More confused than normal about this day. *Things just keep getting better and better around here.*
[Floatright]
[/float]

Leonis

"Wait, what?" Rollard scratched his head under his hat, confused. "You say it's 2037?" He checked his surroundings once more. "But just before I opened up that gate, it was 1337...oh no!" He took off his hat and grasped it tightly, as if it would stop him from having a panic attack. "This...this can only mean...I sent myself into the future!" Eventually though, he snapped out of it and began to follow the two men. "Where are we going?"

(GM's note: The pawn shop sells common supplies, and there is a hotel nearby. Staying at hotels will restore all characters' HP and TP.)

"Kid, I think that gate sent you into something way over your head." He laughed nervously the spies were everywhere and the man from the past would attract alot of attention, they had to hide.

(nice year, way to throw in a 1337 reference)

Leonis

"But what about Solaryn's Tower!? It was under siege!" Rollard couldn't stay still. "That spellbook I used...could it have been the Chronos Tome!? I heard it mentioned before, but I didn't think it actually existed..."

Aether

Marcus eyes the robed Rollard and raises an eyebrow.  He had always enjoyed any of the books he had ever read concerning wizardry and it may just be fun to find out what this one was all about.

Marcus begins to follow the little group nonchalantly.

Kiric Rand

Jessie was moving with the other two, still in disbelief. "What you are saying can't be real. Magic doesn't exist. It's just something we're told as children to make us sleep easier." He shook his head. Maybe this kid just bumped his head preaty bad when those gangers caught up to him."

He looked into his backpack. "My suppiles are getting low, maybe I ought to get some things before we go to far."
[Floatright]
[/float]

Aether

Marcus speeds up a bit, hoping he wont intimidate the little group with a seeming real to life wizard in tow.  He draws in beside the group and looks at them with a smile.

"I could not help but over hear you talking about magic."  Marcus looks at Rollard specifically and then to the Jessie and Mikeal.  "I am a bit of a martial trainee, working with swords with a little kick from the 21st century.  It seems maybe you all can use a little muscle to back up your party.  The likes of this guy," he nods to Rollard, "can get your asses kicked out here in the park at night.  I am Marcus."

Marcus wears an old and beat up olive drab trench made of heavy canvas.  Underneath can be seen a glistening black and form fitting...  Something.  Where the trench ends, boots take over, calf high.  They are rugged and beat up looking.  At his side is a bulge that can not quite be made out, if anything, it looks like a fore shortened sword...

Mikael eyed the newcomer and laughed deeply. "Muscle is something I dont lack kiddo" He paused and thought for a moment, "Although, there is strenght in numbers, and we're certainly gonna attract attention with him dressed like that." He gestured at Rollard and smiled.

Leonis

"You don't believe in magic in this age?" Rollard asked, confused. "Then what is this?" He held up his hand and a flaming sphere began to form in his palm. "I could do more, if only I had more spell tomes!"

The pawn shop is currently selling the following items:

Bandages: 40 Liros (Restores 250 HP)
Tech Drink: 200 Liros (Restores 30 MP)
Antidote: 30 Liros (Removes "Poison" effect)
Defibrillator: 100 Liros (Removes "KO" effect)
Staff: 20 Liros (+5 ATK; Weapon for Rollard)
Pistol: 30 Liros (+7 ATK; Weapon for Mikael)
Dagger: 25 Liros (+6 ATK; Weapon for Jessie)
Short Sword: 35 Liros (+8 ATK; Weapon for Marcus)
Robe: 35 Liros (+5 DEF, +8 RES; Armor for Rollard)
Heavy Coat: 25 Liros (+6 DEF, +6 RES; Armor for Mikael)
Jacket: 40 Liros (+8 DEF, +7 RES; Armor for Jessie)
B.P.V.: 30 Liros (+7 DEF, +5 RES; Armor for Marcus; -25% Damage from bullets)
Unknown Book: 10 Liros (Mysterious symbols are written on the cover...)

Kiric Rand

Jessie looks through the pawn shops inventory, taking note of what is around when a strange book caught his eye. *You don't think....?* He looked over how much money he had. *Damn, just enough, not much of a profit tonight then.* He called over the shopkeep, purchasing a few items before dropping his money on the counter and returning to the rest of the group

Purchased 1 bandage, unknown book, dagger, and Jacket
(would also like to sell the weapon and armor i have now if possible)

"Hey kid, you mentioned tombs, might this be something you know about?" He dropped the strange book in Rollard's lap waiting for his reaction.
[Floatright]
[/float]

Mikael followed Jessie into the shop and wanders around before returning with heavy coat and a pistol before staring intently at the mysterious book.

Aether

"Hey you!  Put that away before someone decides they want to try and kick our asses!"  Marcus bats at Rollard's hand holding the ball of flame.

Marcus enters the store and does likewise, trying to trade his kevlar suit and vibrosword for the BPV and shortsword.  He also throws a bandage in the mix and asks the shopkeeper how much.

Marcus also introduces himself at some point to the group he invited himself into.  He explains that he was bored and wandering the park looking to protect old ladies and that he works for a big fabricating shop in the industrial district as a machinist.  He hints that if someone can provide him with blue prints, he can build just about anything.

Mikael is overjoyed to meet a fellow crafter and immediately engages the newcomer in shop talk.

Aether

Marcus discusses with Mikael the possibilities he had in mind for power suits as he waits for the pawn shop owner to decide whether or not to make a sale with him.

Mikael is of course fascinated by the idea of a power suit but notes that it might be highly impractical for resisting a force so large, and that staying hidden could be more productive.

Leonis

Rollard came into the shop and looked around at what was in stock. He purchased for himself a staff and a robe. Good enough, he thought. He then proceeded to sell his old equipment.

The apprentice's eyes lit up when he was shown the strange book. "This...this is the Tome of Power! Wait until I get a chance to use this!"

Rollard can now cast "Power Up" and "Power Down" in battle.

"So who were those guys that had attacked me earlier? They were wearing matching outfits...were they part of a gang?"

(I have updated the Character Status post, AKA the first post in this topic, to reflect the transactions made)

Aether

Marcus hears Mikael and thinks about it and wonders if the can simply build a magnificent and deadly sword powered by the 21st century.  He also wonders what ideas Mikael has about fabrication.

"Lets go find these bullies, Rollard!"

(I am going to assume that I know names now...  <.<)

" I'm not really sure, there are plenty of people around here that would be more than happy to take down somebody dressed like you." He laughed a little "You really stand out here." he turns to Marcus and states simply "I can take anything and make it better."

Kiric Rand

"Well, I'm glad you all found something to talk about, but I think we need to find somewhere to crash and find out a little more about this kid before we get attacked again." Jessie grabbed his change, starting to head out the door. "I really don't feel like getting nearly smoked again trying to protect him again."
[Floatright]
[/float]

Mikael nodded in agreement "My place isnt to far from here, we should be safe there for a while"

Kiric Rand

"Sure, but somewhere is better than anywhere." Jessie started walking out the door before he almost smacked himself. "The name's Jessie by the way." He held his hand out for all the new people to shake, wondering who would have the most valuable items to swipe later.
[Floatright]
[/float]

Leonis

Rollard agreed to follow the group, making their way through the park. It looks like one of the few tranquil places left on the planet, except for the dangerous stray animals lurking around. A group of them surround the group and attack.

BATTLE!
Rollard
Mikael
Jessie
Marcus

vs.

Stray Cat A
Stray Dog A
Stray Cat B
Stray Dog B

Mikael snorts in ire and shoots at one of the dogs

Kiric Rand

Jessie will attempt to stab one of the cats.
[Floatright]
[/float]

Aether

Marcus greets all around and says anywhere is better than here in a pawn shop in the middle of the night.

Marcus then laughs as he sees them being set upon by a group of stray animals and lustfully initiates a triple slash attack on dog b, since dog a is being attacked already.

Leonis

ROUND 1
Rollard: 19
Mikael: 15
Jessie: 22
Marcus: 25
Stray Cat A: 17
Stray Dog A: 20
Stray Cat B: 24
Stray Dog B: 16

Marcus performs a Triple Slash on Stray Dog B. His attacks hit for 28 and 30 damage, but the last one misses, but Stray Dog B is defeated anyways.
Stray Cat B scratches Jessie for 21 damage.
Jessie stabs Stray Cat A for 16 damage.
Stray Dog A bites Rollard for 19 damage.
Rollard tries to hit Stray Dog A back, but misses.
Stray Cat A scratches Marcus for 17 damage.
Mikael shoots Stray Dog A for 23 damage.

Aether

Marcus lets out a nightly victorious whoop as he kills one dog and heads for stray cat b with another triple slash.

Mikael attempts to catch the remaining dog in hopes of training it.

Kiric Rand

Jessie is going to try and stab stray cat A again
[Floatright]
[/float]

Leonis

ROUND 2
Rollard: 19
Mikael: 15
Jessie: 18
Marcus: 23
Stray Cat A: 20
Stray Cat B: 16
Stray Dog B: 17

Marcus uses Triple Slash on Stray Cat B. 56 damage (CRIT!), Miss, 26 damage.
Stray Cat B is defeated!
Stray Cat A scratches Jessie for 23 damage.
Rollard hits Stray Cat A with his staff for 26 damage.
Stray Cat A is defeated!
Mikael succeeds in trapping and catching Stray Dog!

VICTORY!
All characters gain 20 Liros.
LEVEL UP!
Rollard's Strength increased by 1!
Rollard's Dexterity increased by 2!
Rollard's Constitution increased by 1!
Rollard's Wisdom increased by 3!
Rollard's Max HP increased by 15!
Rollard's Max MP increased by 5!
(All other characters distribute your stats your own way in your next post. I'll calculate your new HP and MP totals accordingly.)
Mikael learned a new skill: Beastmastery!

Kiric Rand

Dex+2
Wis+1
Con+2
Stg+2

(ooc so is that how we are going to learn new skills, is by trying them in combat?)
[Floatright]
[/float]

Mikael scratches the dog behind its ears.
Dex+1
Wis+1
Con+4
Stg+1

Aether

"Blasted strays!"  Marcus mutters eyeing the one that Mikael has befriended.  "You be careful with that thing!  Lets get some shut eye."

Strength: 23 + 4
Dexterity: 23 +1
Constitution: 16 + 1
Wisdom: 12 + 1

Leonis

"Yes, we should get going to your place or wherever that is." Rollard agreed. "Do you have anything to eat there? I technically haven't eaten in 700 years! This wizard needs food badly!"

Aether

<OOC I think we can develop skills with a certain approach to attacks ot actions in combat?  If so, i will work on a charge and possibly something dextorous>

Leonis

(No no, I'll be assigning new skills as you level up, and when other conditions are met as well.)

Mikael led the group into a nearby building and up into his apartment  "of course there's food" he laughed a patted his stomach"You cant support a build like this on nothing" turning to Marcus he spoke with a shine in his eye "In a world where we're surrounded by spies, a stray that nobody will think twice about could be our greatest advantage"

Aether

"Just make sure he aint a gotta rabies..."  Marcus growls as he walks into Michael's pad and finds a spot to lounge.  "What we gonna do about this gang you guys encountered earlier?"

<OOC not a problem, Leonis>

Mikael smiled " do you think I would have tried to catch 'em if it did?" he laughed then continued more seriously "I'm not sure what to do  about the gang I picked these two up after they were attackted. But more importantly what are we gonna do with the kid, magic isnt allowed here, and when somebody finds out about it, you know they're gonna try to kill him, and anybody who's seen him, and that means us."

Aether

"Well, magic is cool, and I would love to learn how to implement some of it into my sword attacks, which really arent this time either.  Maybe we should protect the kid and use him to help us rid this world of evil."

Marcus Spoke in all seriousness, still eyeing the dog, offering it a scratch between the ears when it whimpered up to him.

Kiric Rand

"You guys are insane." Jessie quiped up. "Magic doesn't exist, it can't exist. All this kid did was some simple trick." Shakinghis head, looking at this strange cast. How did he get mixed up in this mess? He was just trying to keep the kid alive soe he could steal from him, now he was caught up with a bunch of crazies.
[Floatright]
[/float]

"You've spent to much time in this city kid." Mikael sighed before continuing "Magic exists and is still acknowledged away from San Lironus, but it was forbidden here, and quickly forgotten." He sat on the floor next to the dog "Back home they said there was a man in town who still understands the secrets of the ancients, but I never met him before the military came and got me"

Kiric Rand

"Ok, if magic still exist, prove it." Jessie was messing with his new knife, cleaning off the animal blood. "Until then, stop talking about it. I've done well without your so called magic, and I will continue to do so."
[Floatright]
[/float]

Leonis

"If I had memorized more spells I could show you more," Rollard said, "But this is pretty much all I know." He raised his arms and a ball of fire began to materialize in the air in front of him. As he concentrated it became bigger and bigger, illuminating the entire room. Everyone could feel its scorching heat as well.

Kiric Rand

"Hey kid, i don't know if you know, but we have a thing called flamethrowers that can do the same thing. I'm sorry, I still don't believe you." Jessie just sat down,  shaking his head.
[Floatright]
[/float]

Aether

"That looks pretty real to me," Marcus sighs as he dozes off on the couch waiting for morning.

While the others slept Tesla tinkered with his tools in the corner. He had a pet project where he was trying to create a large lightweight bullet proof riot shield, but progress was slow.

Leonis

The next morning the team was awakened by the early-riser Rollard exploring the technology of the day. He had figured out how to turn on the TV set, and it was tuned to a government-owned propaganda station. It was filled with hopeful messages from Mayor Albert Drake in between news reports, most of which were very likely either twisted to favor the views of San Lironus or made up as more propaganda, or some combination of both.

"GOOD MORNING CITIZENS." A monotone, masculine voice suddenly spoke up. It was one of the many "eyes" of the sentient AI Frater Major that was required by law to be a fixture in each and every household and apartment in San Lironus. "WE HOPE THAT TODAY WILL BE FRUITFUL IN YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS TO OUR GLORIOUS SOCIETY." The device was spherical in shape and welded to a pedestal that was usually placed in the center of the room, or somewhere where it has the greatest vantage point, and observed its surroundings 24 hours per day. Only those working directly for the government were permitted to move this extension of Frater Major's sight, and it had a motion sensor that would go off if it were moved, which would dispatch a team of enforcers to its location to arrest the lawbreakers.

Mikael hefted his project onto his back and looked to the others "Vell boys, we best be leaving now, before that thing see's him." he gestured at Rollard.

Aether

Marcus was up with the morning sun and he had found coffee and observed Rollard with slight amusement as he found the station he had decided to watch.

"Lets get out of here, I dont have to work for another couple of days ...  We need to find some more leads on this gang perhaps."

Mikael nodded and grabbed a large knife from the kitchen before opening the door and heading out into the concrete jungle of the city.

Aether

Marcus follows Mikael out into the city and grins at the sun, hyped up on his caffeine regiment.

Leonis

As they walked around San Lironus they eventually glimpsed a handful of men in an alley, dressed in leather jackets similar to the ones that attacked Rollard, in the process of beating up a young woman and calling her derogatory names.

Aether

Marcus growls menacingly, "Let that lady go, you bloody bastards!"

Marcus charges and bull rushes the group, grabbing the lady as he goes.

Mikael sighed at his companions impatience before drawing his gun and preparing for combat.

Leonis

A tall, bald thug looked up from what he was doing and cracked his knuckles as he saw the ones trying to stop him. "Well, what have we here? A group of some goody two-shoes trying to stop us, huh? That's fine with me."

He stepped forward to challenge you while the other men stood back to cheer him on. Apparently they were confident enough that he could take on four men at the same time...

BATTLE START!

Mikael hucks his kitchen knife at the foe

Kiric Rand

Jessie will try and pick the foes pocket
[Floatright]
[/float]

Aether

Marcus will continue his charge and try to free the woman.

Leonis

(I also forgot to say that the big guy's name is Brutus)

ROUND 1

Marcus frees the young woman from harm. She flees from the scene.
Jessie tries to pickpocket Brutus...and steals some Bandages!
Brutus punches Jessie for 41 damage.
Mikael hits Brutus with his dagger for 32 damage.
Rollard swings his staff to hit Brutus for 24 damage.

Kiric Rand

"Ow, you little bastard!"

Jessie will try and backstab Brutus
[Floatright]
[/float]

Mikael doubletaps aiming at his head.

Aether

Marcus, having freed the girl, now swings low across the back of the legs of the gang leader saying, "Die you pig!"

Leonis

ROUND 2

Rollard casts a fireball at Brutus, doing 73 damage.
Jessie stabs Brutus for 20 damage.
Brutus whips out a chain and strikes Marcus for 34 damage.
Marcus slashes at Brutus for 37 damage.
Mikael fires his gun at Brutus and does 32 damage.

Aether

Marcus is amazed and invigorated by the magical prowess of their new friend and calls out for any sort of power boost as he launches into a triple slash attack.

Mikael sicks his dog on Brutus

Kiric Rand

Hessie swings his dagger again, attempting to strike a vital area if possible.
[Floatright]
[/float]

Leonis

ROUND 3

Jessie swings his dagger, but Brutus evades the attack.
Brutus is powering up for his next attack!
Rollard casts Power Up on Marcus. Marcus' Attack increased by 13!
Marcus used Triple Slash on Brutus, hitting for 52, 50, and 39 damage!
Mikael sics his dog (name?) on Brutus, who is bitten for 49 damage.

Kiric Rand

Jessie will attempt to strike Brutus in a vital area again
[Floatright]
[/float]

Aether

Marcus lets out a mighty "Yalp!" and feels powerful, triple slashing Brutus again!

Mikael shoots slowly aiming for the eye.

Leonis

ROUND 4

Brutus releases a haymaker punch at Mikael, dealing 83 damage!
Jessie strikes Brutus for 23 damage.
Rollard casts Power Up on Mikael, increasing his Attack by 13!
Marcus Triple Slashes Brutus for 90 (CRIT!), 40, and 42 points of damage.
Mikael shoots Brutus for 51 damage.

Mikael sits in a daze from the hit and tells the dog to "Get the bastard"

(the dogs name is Dog)

Aether

Marcus watches as his companion is punched most viciously and attempts to grapple Brutus and wrack his body with several body blows to the mid section.

Kiric Rand

Jessie, in a fit of rage, attempts to grab brutus as well, attempting to jab his dagger into Brutus' eye

(I'm just attacking, but i wanted to add a little flair to it.)
[Floatright]
[/float]

Leonis

ROUND 5
Marcus hits Brutus for 54 damage.
Marcus' Attack returns to normal.
Rollard throws a fireball at Brutus, hitting him for 83 damage.
Brutus punches Rollard for 49 damage.
Jessie stabs Brutus with his knife for 43 damage. (CRIT!)
Mikael has Dog bite Brutus for 55 damage.

Kiric Rand

Jessie is going to use the bandaged he stole from brutus to heal Mikael
[Floatright]
[/float]

Aether

Marcus watches as Brutus is easily able to move about the battlefield with his attacks and is very angry.

TRIPLE SLASH!

Mikael shoots again

(sorry guys, I had to go out of town unexpectedly)