Dungeon Crawl Mafia - Game Over (Anyone May post here now!)

Started by RedPhoenix, January 26, 2016, 02:59:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mintprincess

Quote from: Remiel on February 09, 2016, 08:29:24 PM
Madame Professor raises an excellent point.  It's entirely possible that RPGuy started out as good, and then was converted somewhere along the way.
If that is the case, then he would have either voted out James his dude OR someone converted him last night and I'm back to dealing with a 2 on 3 situation. 

WHO ARE YOU VOTING FOR REMY?  Because you've made ZERO hints, as if you  just want to let it roll.   You've claimed actually no one being evil.   You came out pointing at Perse, fair enough, but as we've 100% cleared her (or I have and am NOT voting for her) and we can't vote for her with my spell, you've basically said the other three of us are good.   

So.

Who are you leaning to?

What about me?  -cries-   Why can't I convert to your church?

Remiel

Quote from: Mintprincess on February 09, 2016, 08:31:38 PM
What about me?  -cries-   Why can't I convert to your church?

Healy McHealton squints at Minty the Dwarf suspiciously.

Well, I don't know.  Do you worship the pagan gods of the earth, my child?

Mintprincess

Quote from: Remiel on February 09, 2016, 08:36:02 PM

I worship the divine gods of uh.... (the sky?)  YES THE SKY.

ANd don't call me your child! HEALY MCHEALER PERSON.  Who have you actually healed?    Vera died of that plague after all. You didn't help her at all!

Galactic Druid

ARE YOU PEOPLE FOR REAL?! Remi is obviously just trying to pull you guys into his RP victory. Why else would be be pushing the single objective of the church of light?

Mint, I don't know if I can lay it out any clearer than I already have; Madame Professor is clearly Evil.

And honesty, Logically, if you really think I'm the last bad guy, it's still not a bad idea to kill MP.

There are 5 of us, and Remi and MP clearly have something going on. If you're good, or you believe perse is good, then it's not possible they're acting together because they're both good and everyone here is a good guy.

If I'm right about Remi and MP, then killing anyone buy Remi or MP loses the game, bringing it to even numbers.

If we kill MP and I'm wrong about her, there's a chance of a night kill, and even if it happens, then it's down to 3 people, which means one more chance.

If we're so sure that I'm evil, and all of you are good, killing me during the day still goes to another round, in which case you guys should definitely kill MP when I'm revealed to be the Paladin. I repeat, for those of you who still don't think I can't be trusted, if you kill me and the game doesn't immediately end in a loss, then you should absolutely kill MP.

Killing Remi, may end up killing an evil player, but I think it's more likely now he's trying to hold the game ransom for his RP victory. I say don't give him the satisfaction for trying that, vote together and end it.

Killing Mint or Perse may end up with the same scenario as killing me, where we go to one more day, but they are clearly not evil, so why bother.

In short, if you look at it logically;

Killing Me, Mint, or Perse has a chance to end the game immediately with a loss for the town players.

Killing Remi may be a wrong answer, but will not end the game early.

Killing MP will not end the game early, barring a possible victory.

Killing MP is still the best option, as it is logically the safest one. Killing me (or Perse or Mint, really, but neither of them are REALLY on the table) is the only option that has the chance of ending the game in an immediate loss.
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

Mintprincess

Quote from: ThatRPGuy on February 09, 2016, 10:22:38 PM
ARE YOU PEOPLE FOR REAL?! Remi is obviously just trying to pull you guys into his RP victory. Why else would be be pushing the single objective of the church of light?

It is rather interesting.  Remy?  Why do you care about church?  Drop the church thing and maybe I'll believe you aren't shady as shit :P

QuoteIn short, if you look at it logically;

Killing Me, Mint, or Perse has a chance to end the game immediately with a loss for the town players.

Killing Remi may be a wrong answer, but will not end the game early.

Killing MP will not end the game early, barring a possible victory.

Killing MP is still the best option, as it is logically the safest one. Killing me (or Perse or Mint, really, but neither of them are REALLY on the table) is the only option that has the chance of ending the game in an immediate loss.

So why not kill Remy?  If he's the wrong answer or the right answer, we would still have the numbers, and by tomorrow, based on who dies, I'm pretty sure you'll have your answer.   

MP, Remy, Please comment on your thoughts on the above scenarios.    Although the real version,

Killing Mint, or Perse has a chance to end the game immediately with a loss for the town players. <---- TRUTH.   

Killing Remi may be a wrong answer, but will not end the game early. <----- This is probably true.  Because if he's the sole the badguy the you are a good guy and telling the truth about MP, which then would be odd to have two good devil worshippers.   And if he isn't the badguy, or the sole badguy the game goes on.     

Killing MP will not end the game early, barring a possible victory. <------  Also true.  If she's the ONLY bad guy, then it's over.  If they are both badguys, then it isn't.  The one thing I DO know is that YOU and HER aren't both badguys.

Killing RPGUY will not end the game early, barring a possible victory IF Remy and MP are not a team. <------  Because if you're the lone wolf, as MP claims we win.   

-----------------

Quote from: Remiel on February 09, 2016, 08:36:02 PM

Cut the crap Remmiers :P   NO one is going to convert to your crappy religion, so give us something real to work with.  <3 ya!

Galactic Druid

Okay, anything I can add after this will just be talking in circles.

Those scenarios were definitely written from the mindset that I'm not evil, I'll give you that, but the scenerio I laid out about mhyself is still accurate. You already acknowledge that you or perse dying is potentially game over, so that's that.

As you've pointed out, me and MP are definitely not working together, and I think it's pretty clear Remi and I are not either. The only people that have a chance of being a pair are MP and Remi, so I go back to my statement that killing me does have a less than zero chance of ending the game in a loss.

If I am evil, then I am clearly the lone wolf, and killing one more player won't stop me from winning. It's still safer to vote for MP than me.

That's all I can really think to say to convince you, Mint. That and my track record this game. If that's not enough to convince you....

Mintprincess

Mhm.  I don't have to rush.  All three of you admittedly have me in a slight bit of a spin and I'm still thinking.  Mostly because if I'm wrong, I'm probably the next to go :P

Galactic Druid

Mint, you are metaphorically killing me. Why does everyone want to hold this vote hostage?

Perse, you worship nature, if it doesn't taint your victory, would you please declare your devotion to the church so Remi will vote with us? He's already promised he would, he just wants that RP victory.

Mintprincess

It's been less than half a day and we have until Friday... am I really holding it hostage?

persephone325

I'm a good guy and win when all threats to the party are eliminated. If pledging allegiance to the church of light doesn't change my win condition, then I'll do it.

On another note, I just find it interesting that Mint was like "I agree with Guy." then votes for MP, and then prods me to do the same. But then suddenly changed her mind and wants to wait. *shrug* I just think it's a little weird.
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Remiel

Quote from: persephone325 on February 09, 2016, 11:14:52 PM
If pledging allegiance to the church of light doesn't change my win condition, then I'll do it.

Healy McHealson perks up.  "Are you ready to accept the Light of the Divine Gods, my child?"

Galactic Druid

I'm a good guy and win when all threats to the party are eliminated. If pledging allegiance to the church of light doesn't change my win condition, then I'll do it.

On another note, I just find it interesting that Mint was like "I agree with Guy." then votes for MP, and then prods me to do the same. But then suddenly changed her mind and wants to wait. *shrug* I just think it's a little weird.

This is the exact reason I mentioned she's the only other possibility. At this point, I really need to get to bed, and can't think of anything else to say on the subject anyway. I've already given a full dissemination on the subject and am ready for my PhD in Mafia.

Mintprincess

I did jump initially.  I'll admit it.   His bolding of her being a devil worshipper was convincing.  But she asked for a chance to explain herself (and I prodded you to participate silly, not vote, I like to hear everyone's thoughts), and so I granted it.  And now I have both their pages of things they've said and done throughout the game to consider, not just one round.   I have spent a lot of time thinking about it.  More than I should lol for a game and my RP partners are probably ready to kill me.  There are just too many small kinks in behavior for me to make a snap decision. That' what I did.  And I got on MP for doing that last round when she jumped the bandwagon on me.

I'm not going to jump the bandwagon. I'm going to think and make my own choice.   

persephone325

Quote from: Mintprincess on February 09, 2016, 04:31:52 PM
-prods Perse- are you so good you can't pick a suspect?

So, you asked me that after you voted for MP and before you retracted your vote for her. Maybe I'm misreading it, but it just sounded like you wanted a vote to close up the day. *shrugs again*

Quote from: Remiel on February 09, 2016, 11:17:03 PM
Healy McHealson perks up.  "Are you ready to accept the Light of the Divine Gods, my child?"

Perhaps... I need some time to think. It's quite a big decision, you know.
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Mintprincess

Quote from: persephone325 on February 09, 2016, 11:31:56 PM
So, you asked me that after you voted for MP and before you retracted your vote for her. Maybe I'm misreading it, but it just sounded like you wanted a vote to close up the day. *shrugs again*

Nope. I was asking if you had an actual condition on your role that prevented you from voting.  The pacifist thing RPGuy talked about before.   Sorry I was unclear.   Phone posts aren't my strong point :P

Remiel

Quote from: persephone325 on February 09, 2016, 11:31:56 PM

"Well, if you do, let me know.  I'll be right over here."

Mintprincess

^^^  Remiel.  The my RP victory is more important than winning the game.   XD

Tell me all my fun crazy effects - the hair, the skin, the chicken, the stone - served an amazing purpose and were awesome for the game and I'll consider selling my vote too :P 

Remiel

Quote from: Mintprincess on February 09, 2016, 11:34:20 PM
^^^  Remiel.  The my RP victory is more important than winning the game.   XD

I have no idea what you are talking about!  I'm just concerned for the souls of my fellow party members, and think they would be much better served accepting the truth of the Light then fumbling about in the dark.

But you do know that you could simply vote for Madame Professor, and make my power-play a moot point.

Mintprincess

Yes I could... Or she could give you the RP victory leaving us in a tie until I decide :P   

CURSE MY USEFUL POWERS!  I liked you better as a chicken.  Anyone else think he was more useful as a chicken?   

RedPhoenix

Votecount!

Elimination

2 - Madame Professor (persephone325, ThatRPGuy)
1 - ThatRPGuy (Madame Professor)

Exploration

(No Votes)

With 5 votes in Play, it will take 3 to decide! The day will end 6 PM PST on FRIDAY, or when a party member has three votes to be thrown out!
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs
I move the stars for no one.

Madame Professor

Remi-- tell me more of this "Church of Light". I worship Nature because I had found it to be most peaceful... In what ways does the church of light bring peace to the world?
The Professor's Research Notes (O/O)  Locked away in the Laboratory (A/A) 
Not currently available for new roleplays
Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.

Remiel

Oh, man.  We bring so much peace.  Peace everywhere.  "Look at all this peace," our people say.  "I don't know what to do with all this peace, there's so much of it."

Madame Professor

Hmm, interesting.

And should one be interested in said peace, what sort of commitment would one have to make? I'm not a weekly folk member kinda gal. I mean, my Irish features tend to scare the herds, anyway, and I prefer to keep my beliefs close with me everywhere, something nature has always done for me. So, what makes the Church of Light so special?
The Professor's Research Notes (O/O)  Locked away in the Laboratory (A/A) 
Not currently available for new roleplays
Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.

Galactic Druid

Remi, I swear, if you throw this game on a subvictory....

Galactic Druid

Wait, it won't even count anyway, since MP doesn't worship nature, but devils. Actually, go ahead Remi. Lose twice and learn your lesson.