War of the Five Kings - A Song of Ice and Fire (Game of Thrones) RP

Started by Tyrus, January 03, 2013, 08:27:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrus

"When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die. There is no middle ground." -- Cersei Lannister.

Westeros is in chaos, engulfed by the devastating multi-theater conflict referred to as the War of the Five Kings. With the death of the Usurper, old foes, unresolved conflict and simmering schemes comes to full effect in a bloodbath of murder, theft, regicide, rape, and betrayal.

With the Usurper's two brothers -- Stannis and Renly Baratheon -- both making a claim to the Iron Throne against King Joffrey, the North rising up to govern its own realm with their own king, Robb Stark, and the Iron Islands taking advantage of the chaos in seceding their lands by crowning Balon Greyjoy, the Seven Kingdoms are completely and utterly divided.

Original post: Hey everyone. I'm a big fan of the Song of Ice and Fire book series by author George R.R. Martin, as well as the television show Game of Thrones, also based on his first two books. I'm also a sucker for great roleplay and thought why not combine the two?

Essentially, I'm hoping to see and gather interest in making a group roleplay based in the SOIAF universe, set around the pivotal War of the Five Kings, which stretches out between three books and has started already in the first and second seasons of the television show. I think in this instance, both canon and original characters would be great to roleplay, and with such a rich universe it'll be fun to see what characters, histories and intertwining conflict people can stir up.

I also think, if the story comes to it, that we should set this in an alternate universe to allow some creative freedom with certain characters or battles.

So before I elaborate, I just want to see if anyone is interested. Post here or PM me.

Character Sheet

Character Name: The name of your character.
Loyalist or Separatist: What side of the War you are fighting on and for.
House: Choose what House your character is tied too, whether through family or as a liege lord.  For example, the major Houses are Arryn (The Vale), Baratheon (Stormlands), Crownlands, Greyjoy (Iron Islands), Lannister (Westerlands), Martell (Dorne), Stark (The North), Tully (Riverlands), Tyrell (The Reach).
Faction: Elaborate on any affiliations your character has with certain organizations. For example, the Brave Companions (Bloody Mummers), the Night's Watch, The Kingsguard, Red Priests, Silent Sisters, etc.
Family: Your character's family. Include whether or not your character is part of the major houses through blood, or through being a sworn bannerman, retainer or servant.
Appearance: Written descriptions or image.
Personality: Disposition of your character.
Equipment: Weapons, armor, personal belongings, etc. Give detail.
Skills: Traits, talents, abilities your character possesses. Depending on what house and family your character is a part of, give skills related to them.
Origins/History: Self-explanatory.

War of the Five Kings

Timeline the RP takes place: Second half of 298AL (the end of the first book and the start of the second as well as parallel events in the third book).
Setting(s): King's Landing, Riverlands and Crownlands.
Major differences and points of divergence from the established canon:

• The Arryn family have a daughter as the Eyrie and Vale's eldest heir, Liliana Arryn -- played by xSnorkleRainbow.
  • The Baratheon family have a first cousin as one of the Kingsguard Seven, Edric Baratheon -- played by Tyrus. He takes the position of the obscure Ser Preston Greenfield from the books.
  • The Lannister family have a middle brother, Daevon Lannister -- played by Primarch. He is a returning Westerosi -- now a Red Priest -- from Essos.
  • Jalabhar Xho, the exiled prince of the Red Flower Vale of the Summer Isles, has a daughter, Ajora Xho -- played by jetblackmirror. She is the heir to the Red Flower Vale.
  • Daario Naharis of the Stormcrows has a brother, Casso Naharis -- played by Creative Accountant.
  • Tyene Sand, the third Sand Snake, is played by AstridGolden, and replaces her father, Prince Oberyn or the "Red Viper", as the Dorne representative sent to King's Landing to propose Dorne's terms and response to Princess Myrcella Baratheon's betrothal to Prince Trystane Martell, the marriage of which is also proposed by Tyrion Lannister slightly earlier than in the books.

The Players

Westerosi

The Falcon:
The Kraken:
The Lion:                        
The Stag:

The Sun and Spear:
Citizens of the Free Cities, Essos and the Summer Isles

The Stormcrows:
The Red Flower Vale:
Sex and death. They're different, but the same. To reach that final moment, that climax, you got to give up control - of your body, of your soul. And love? Well, if sex is sweet and death is bitter, love is both. Love will always and forever break your heart.

My RP Request Thread.

jetblackmirror

𝙳𝚒𝚊𝚖𝚘𝚗𝚍𝚜 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚝𝚛𝚎𝚎𝚜,
𝚙𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚊𝚐𝚛𝚊𝚖𝚜 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚜𝚔𝚢.

xPeachyPuff

I would also be very interested, though I haven't read all the books. I'm currently making my way through the 2nd book but have seen all the GoT TV Series. Hope that's alright.

-xSRx

mj2002

Definitely interested. I have no idea what to choose though, house/character wise.

Tyrus

Thanks for the replies everyone!

Quote from: xSnorkleRainbow on January 04, 2013, 12:33:57 PM
I would also be very interested, though I haven't read all the books. I'm currently making my way through the 2nd book but have seen all the GoT TV Series. Hope that's alright.

-xSRx

That's okay. I deliberately left out bigger details in the synopsis as to emphasis the starting point for an alternate take on the events rather than risk spoiling it for those who love the books or series but haven't finished them yet. The War of the Five Kings is a pretty major conflict for the first three books so there's plenty of areas and things we can cover.

For those interested, did you want to RP all in the same area as to make events easier to manage and reply too? Example, our characters may all be from different houses but are generally in the same geographical area (Westereos, the Crownlands/Riverlands/King's Landing, where most of the military, political and personal drama of the War takes place).
Sex and death. They're different, but the same. To reach that final moment, that climax, you got to give up control - of your body, of your soul. And love? Well, if sex is sweet and death is bitter, love is both. Love will always and forever break your heart.

My RP Request Thread.

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: Tyrus on January 04, 2013, 05:47:43 PM
Thanks for the replies everyone!

That's okay. I deliberately left out bigger details in the synopsis as to emphasis the starting point for an alternate take on the events rather than risk spoiling it for those who love the books or series but haven't finished them yet. The War of the Five Kings is a pretty major conflict for the first three books so there's plenty of areas and things we can cover.

For those interested, did you want to RP all in the same area as to make events easier to manage and reply too? Example, our characters may all be from different houses but are generally in the same geographical area (Westereos, the Crownlands/Riverlands/King's Landing, where most of the military, political and personal drama of the War takes place).

That's awesome then (: Glad it doesn't matter too much. I will try my best to get through them asap though haha.

I think that's probably a good idea too. Don't know about everyone else, but yeah, that's my opinion (:

-xSRx

Creative Accountant

I am very interested! I would love to be a Stark but happy to play others depending on numbers or whatever.

My only question would be how all the characters interact given the vastness of Westeros. Is everyone in Kings Landing or do they all have speedy crows and horses?

Ok I just read your reply to someone regarding the point above. I would guess having everyone within a small region would be easiest for interaction between all.

jetblackmirror

I definitely think that's a good idea.
𝙳𝚒𝚊𝚖𝚘𝚗𝚍𝚜 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚝𝚛𝚎𝚎𝚜,
𝚙𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚊𝚐𝚛𝚊𝚖𝚜 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚜𝚔𝚢.

Tyrus

Quote from: Creative Accountant on January 04, 2013, 06:00:23 PM
I am very interested! I would love to be a Stark but happy to play others depending on numbers or whatever.

My only question would be how all the characters interact given the vastness of Westeros. Is everyone in Kings Landing or do they all have speedy crows and horses?

Ok I just read your reply to someone regarding the point above. I would guess having everyone within a small region would be easiest for interaction between all.

I think if there's enough interest and enough players that we could potentially have other stories from different geographical areas running parallel. Swift Ravens and horses should make some form of communication between other groups work, but if there's not enough serious interest,  it would be probably smartest if we keep all characters in the same general region and continent. Unless multiple characters is something people would like to do.

My RP Request Thread.

Jezabelle

Oh man, this is a real toss up for me.

Adore the books and world, but my question is-- who would I be? It seems this is largely noble-centric, but depending on the setting it seems like other sorts of characters (assassins, spies, smugglers, whores, maesters) would help serve to mix things up.

Is this going to be based largely in Kings' Landing? If so, I think there's a lot more room for those kinds of characters. If not I'm still interested, it's just with GoT (aka ASoIaF) there's so much one could be that deciding what you are is very hard.

Tyrus

Quote from: Jezabelle on January 04, 2013, 10:46:05 PM
Oh man, this is a real toss up for me.

Adore the books and world, but my question is-- who would I be? It seems this is largely noble-centric, but depending on the setting it seems like other sorts of characters (assassins, spies, smugglers, whores, maesters) would help serve to mix things up.

Is this going to be based largely in Kings' Landing? If so, I think there's a lot more room for those kinds of characters. If not I'm still interested, it's just with GoT (aka ASoIaF) there's so much one could be that deciding what you are is very hard.

The POV characters of ASoIaF have always generally been noble-born or of high blood, but that does not necessarily mean our characters have to be. King's Landing is a nexus for all types of people as you've listed, which is why I thought it would be the best place to base most of our RP. The War of the Five Kings essentially engulfs the city and the Crownlands surrounding it into dismay and the drama, and the nearby Riverlands is also a good setting, where most of the battles, raids, pillages, and other infantry-perspective drama on the field takes place. It's also close enough to be realistic for certain characters (travellers, soldiers, assassins, spys) to be able to come back and forth and interact with other characters.

I'd love it if you wanted to play a character outside of a noble-centric birth, and I'm sure others would too.

Personally, I'm interested in involving a character in both the political arena of King's Landing and the battlefield; I might be a Kingsguard member. But I also was hoping to play an extreme Outsider; either a Faceless Man from Braavos or an exiled warrior from the Summer Isles. But there's plenty of other possibilities, so I'm just as indecisive as you on who and how to play. :P

My RP Request Thread.

mj2002

Primarch

I'm a big fan of the shoe & books. I'd also agree with limiting locations for now. Perhaps focus on all the houses loyal to one or two factions for now? A thread in King's Landing for Baratheon Loyalists & a thread in Riverun for Stark/Tully rebels (or at least those loyal to the King-in-the-North. Would be much easier then trying to accomadate everyone, like having a thread for a single person that wants to play an Iron Born.

Concerning OCs, I assume we can make our own custom Houses loyal to one King or the other, but what about an OC that's a part of a Great House?

Tyrus

Yes, I agree with that idea. It would be too far-reaching and complex to include everyone equally and easily if we did too much geographical division.

I threw the alternate timeline/scenario idea around, so if you're making an original character that is directly of blood to a Great House, just write a synopsis of the house in general and the canon details, then add your character's history and alternate details on how they belong to the Great House.

So on my count, so far there are 7 interested parties, myself included, in doing this RP. What else do people want to discuss?

My RP Request Thread.

Ascia

Is a Water Dancer allowed? Is a Red Priest/ess allowed? Is a Master of Whisperers allowed? If so, to what level? Are we talking someone that's Varys of Gulltown is okay, but not Varys himself or someone to his equivilant? Will the Others and the Wildlings play into the game at all? Are we allowed to play hugely impactful canons such as a royal?

Are we doing a scripted story within the universe at the timeline of the Five Kings? Are are we doing something more freeform and individual?

Sorry. You did ask for other questions. ^_^

Tyrus

It's an alternate/parallel take on the War of the Five Kings, so I think the story is flexible enough to include such original characters. G.R.R.M's established universe is so rich anyway that it wouldn't be a stretch at all to play as a Water Dancer or Red Priestess caught in the chaos of the war.

If you wanted to play your own take of Varys and his level of power, I think it would be cool so long as the character and subsequent storylines and interactions that spawn from it aren't overly one-sided. Power struggles are pretty much the bread and butter of ASoIaF, so as long as she/he is not too immensely influential and powerful in comparison to the other characters, it would be awesome.

I think seeing as how in the storyline, the Others and Wildings are still far beyond the Wall, they wouldn't play any sort of significant role, unless everyone wants to take the RP into a drastically alternate direction.

I think some players acting as canons is needed and okay.

What I had in mind was something more freeform, individual and flexible.

My RP Request Thread.

Eleah

Oh I've been looking for something like this for awhile! I'd love to play someone caught in the middle of the conflict, just doing her best to try and survive, not having a side originally but forming alliances as the plot progresses. Count me in!

Tyrus

Awesome.  Why doesn't everyone begin to shape up their character profiles and post here?

"Then or now, we swore a vow."

Character Name: Ser Edric Baratheon.
Age/Birthdate: 28 (born 270AL).
Loyalist or Separatist: Loyalist.
House: Baratheon, principal house of the Stormlands and Crownlands.
Faction: The Kingsguard.
Family: Lord Harbert II Baratheon {father}, Ora Wylde {mother}, Steffon Baratheon {Uncle}, Robert Baratheon {cousin, liege lord, former King}, Stannis Baratheon (cousin), Renly Baratheon (cousin).

Appearance: Edric is, at first glance, an intimidating figure. With strong Baratheon blood, he possesses the typical identifiable "Stag" features; black hair, naturally large physique and tall stature, all reinforced further when he is fully armoured in his white Kingsguard armour. His one differing feature is his eyes: he possesses his mother's grey and stormy eyes typical of a Wylde instead of the Baratheon blue. Edric is particularly big across the chest, with broad shoulders and arms thick with muscle.

Personality: In stark comparison to his cousins, Edric is much less boisterous or arrogant in his demeanour. From an acquaintance's point of view, Edric is calm, collected and in control of his emotions and power, as expected of one of the Kingsguard Seven. A friend or family member would agree, as Edric does exert a less flamboyant persona than the booming Robert, extravagant Renly or reserved Stannis. However, he has been known in his later years for his outspokeness within the realms of knights and nobles: Edric is extremely critical of fellow knights who break the code, corrupt lords and the many criminals of King's Landing. He has even angered and made enemies of multiple lords of the Crownlands due to his vocal nature, a trait which even Stannis and Renly have suppressed in favour of remaining high in the ever dangerous game of thrones.

When roused into battle or action, Edric possesses the natural charisma and iconic booming voice typical of a Baratheon, made for commanding and leading men into battle. He is fiercely loyal to his family, the Iron Throne and the Kingsguard, despite his widely differing and opposing political opinions.

However, with what appears to be a natural confidence and an unbiased, undistorted outspokenness comes insecurities. Edric's disdain for weakness, corruption and sin comes from his own shortcomings, failures, and burdens of guilt: he is a lot more critical of his own abilities than his cousins and other brothers of the Kingsguard. He constantly and vigorously trains to forget the many feelings of lust, anger and fear he experiences, and the multiple transgressions in which he never forgets, in an attempt to live by and uphold a code of knighthood that deep down, he knows does not truly exist.

Equipment:

• Kingsguard White Armor, Cloak, Sword and Shield: the traditional garb and equipment of the White Swords. While all of his armour is plain white, Edric has modified his shoulder plates and shield to display the sigil of the Baratheon Stag on the Wylde blue-green maelstrom on gold.

• Morningstar: While Edric is primarily trained in the use of longswords, he has displayed a particular skill and fondness for morningstars in combat, keeping one holstered on his left side during combat.

Skills:

• Knight and Kingsguard training: Being of noble blood, Edric received ample combat training from a young age. Combined with his natural strength as a Baratheon, he has grown to become a formidable fighter worthy of the Kingsguard, and is considered by the court and his fellow knights as extremely dangerous with his morningstar. However, he is not as experienced or lethal as his other brothers, such as Ser Barristan the Bold, Ser Jamie Lannister, or Ser Mandon Moore, and is often assigned to less aggressive postings that require indirect intimidation rather than brute force or sheer experience.
  • More to come...

Origins/History: Edric Baratheon was once a particularly passionate young child who, like most children, held a warped view of the world. From childhood, Edric aspired to be a knight, admiring the art of sword, shield and lance after hearing his father's numerous warstories of the War of the Ninepenny Kings. A childhood visit to King's Landing in 278AL on his 8th nameday made Edric more infatuated with the idea of war and glory. Along with his two older first cousins, Robert and Stannis, Edric was insistent of his future as a Commander, Captain or Knight of high honour and valour.

That same year, the then King Aerys asked Edric's uncle, Lord Steffon, to find a suitable bride for Prince Rhaegar in the Free Cities. Edric was dropped off by sea at Tarth to live as a ward under Lord Selwyn Tarth, as planned, despite the youth's insistence to travel with his parents. Edric's father and mother, Lord Harbert II Baratheon and Lady Ora Wylde accompanied Lord Steffon, whose entire ship was later caught in a storm in Shipbreaker Bay from their return to Westeros a few months later, with all aboard perishing. Watching from atop of Evenfall Hall on Tarth as the remains of the ship were retrieved from the ocean, this event shook Edric deeply, and gave him an extreme fear of the sea and anything associated with it.

Due to his young age, Edric was held back on Tarth, despite Lord Jon Arryn, who took care of Robert, offering to reunite him with his older cousin. While his two older cousins eventually went off to fight in Robert's Rebellion, Edric felt weak and hopeless without any of his remaining immediate family around him. Edric proceeded to re-focus his depression, loneliness and fear of the sea into relentless combat training with the master-of-arms and knights of Tarth. He displayed, like his cousins, an aptitude for knight's training, and developed a particular side skill and fondness for morningstars and spiked maces over the traditional sword. He struck a strong friendship with Lord Selwyn Tarth's daughter, Brienne Tarth, who was an outsider mocked for her gender. Brienne was extremely skilled with the sword, besting Edric multiple times as good as any man, but she was still a woman, and considered inferior.

The constant displays of disrespect that several of the Stormland and Tarth knights showed towards Brienne -- and by extension, Edric when he attempted to defend her -- disillusioned him slightly in his views of the concept of the honourable knight. However, his youth and naivety still blinded him to the broader realities of "noble" knights and soldiers, and he eventually joined in the taunting to be accepted. He lost Brienne as a friend in the process, and though he laughed at the time as she walked away with utter contempt of him, he could not erase that memory of the disappointment of him that her eyes had carried.

By 283AL, when Robert took his seat on the Iron Throne, Edric answered the King's invitation to court, though it was no small feat. It took Edric a great amount of mental preparation to board a ship to the mainlands, but his fear soon came back as he stepped aboard. In his shame, he quietly asked the maester's steward of Evenfall Hall to supply him dreamwine for the voyage, as to completely avoid his fear of sailing and the sea. He made it to King's Landing, asleep for nearly three weeks due to a near lethal overdose, the crew all the while fearing for their lives had he died upon their docking.

Seeing the victorious Robert in his prime, Edric was inspired and reinvigorated by his cousin's strength and determination to best his own obstacles. He spent the next 15 years living in King's Landing under Robert's household, and continued his hard training under the Red Keep's Dornish master-at-arms, Aron Santagar, learning the ways of the spear and halberd in addition to the sword, shield and mace. It was through his training that Santagar had reccommended him as a squire to Ser Mandon Moore of the Kingsguard, and while his lord was a brooding man, Edric had felt honoured none the less. While squiring for Ser Mandon, Robert proceeded to send Ser Mandon, Ser Barristan and Ser Eddard Stark to lead the charge in what became known as the Greyjoy Rebellion, and by extension, Edric. Not daring to defy Robert's orders, Edric journeyed to meet his first encounter of true war.

But war never changes. The Greyjoy Rebellion transformed Edric's idealistic views of honour into something more realistic after seeing so many "noble" lords, knights and soldiers rape, kill and steal from the retreating ironborn, but nothing compared to the hydrophobia he experienced. He insisted that he met his fears of the sea head on like any grand knight, and volunteered to be part of the van of Baratheon ships that lead the battle. His feigned confidence almost cost him dearly; Edric nearly drowned while invading Harlaw when his ship, The Stag's Pride, suffered significant damage against the frontline Iron Fleet. Frozen literally and emotionally with fear in his realisation of drowning when his ship broke in half, he grabbed onto one of the common-born soldiers swimming nearby and used him to stay afloat until he reached a piece of debris. The soldier he used drowned from his superior strength and weight.

Edric eventually washed up upon the shore of Harlaw with two other knights who had witnessed what he had done, and who proceeded to threaten him. In a mixture of adrenaline, guilt and desperation, he brutally cut them down, willing to kill innocent men to preserve his outward image; anything to become a knight. Afterwards, led one of the first ground assaults on Ten Towers, helping capture the resisting foothold with some landing Northmen and refusing to stop fighting until his body reached physical exhaustion. For his "bravery", he was nicknamed the Stag's Fury and the Survivor by the soldiers, for being the only known Baratheon man aboard The Stag's Pride, to survive, and the way he had literally crushed through the defending ironborn with his morningstar. He was knighted after the battle, though his feelings of fear and guilt had incapacitated him for the rest of the military campaign. It spurned him to train himself harder in his immense shame, and to try and forget what he had done. He knew on the inside that he was no knight, yet when the Lord Commander of the Kingsguard himself had put his sword on his shoulder, he chose to accept the title and the armour all the same.

Edric's first moment of "glory" came in the Tourney at Lannisport, held a few months later in 289AL: at the age of nine-and-ten, he was one of the youngest men to progress into the final jousts with the exception of Jamie Lannister. He defeated Lord Whent and Kingsguard member Ser Boros Blount -- in better shape and form at the time -- with one lance each, though he lost to Lord Yohn Royce in a ruling of nine versus eight broken lances. Edric also participated in the following Lannisport melee, where he was one of the final five knights standing. He was defeated by Ser Jorah Mormont.

Edric's constant training, and display of strength and humility both in the field and in court eventually convinced Lord Commander Ser Barristan the Bold of his worth. Edric's direct blood relation and supplementary recommendation from King Robert contributed to his eventual entry into the Kingsguard alongside Arys Oakheart a year later in 290AL, much to the dismay of Jamie and Cersei, who both had wished for another Westerling to join their ranks rather than another potentially threatening Baratheon, though Edric did not know anything of their future plot.

Edric's dream to be part of the Kingsguard had become a reality, and this solidified his mental barrier of blocking out his guilt to be the best knight his House and Westeros had ever seen. However, his physical closeness to King Robert over the next eight years, who he had witnessed first hand grow into an obese, roaring drunk, his cruel and despicable second cousin Joffrey, and the presence of Ser Jamie Lannister, the Kingslayer, made him cynical of his vows, of who he was serving, and the concept of knighthood, loyalty and honour. His thoughts soon shifted back to his memories of his father and mother drowning in Shipbreaker Bay, the way he and the Tarth knights had treated Brienne, and the men he had selfishly and dishonourably killed to save himself during the Greyjoy Rebellion. His mental well-being in shambles, Edric resorted to excessive amounts of wine in his off-duty time to drown away his immense burden and emotional instability.

At the onset of the War of the Five Kings, Edric found himself internally split between serving Joffrey, his rightful King, second cousin and favourite cousin's son, and running off to fight for Stannis or Renly. As a Kingsguard member, he knew he could not break his holy vows, but the loyal man within him could not allow his conscience to silently serve Joffrey, who showed himself cruel and incapable, or ignore the whispers of Joffrey being the spawn of incest between Cersei and Jamie. However, his internal cowardice and acknowledgement of his own past crimes spurned him to submit to his duty. His Baratheon blood and known close relationships with Stannis and Renly has kept the Lannisters watching him for any sign of defection, and so he remains serving the Crown, at the cost of his honor and dignity.

My RP Request Thread.

Primarch

Character Name: Daevon Lannister
Loyalist or Separatist: Loyalist
House: Lannister
Faction: Red Priest
Family: Tywin Lannister (Father), Joanna Lannister (Mother, deceased), Jaime & Cersei Lannister (siblings, elder), Tyrion Lannister (sibling, junior)
Appearance:

Personality: If Robert Baratheon was born a Lannister, he is likely to have been as Daevon is. The man is proud and gregarious, he is quick to laugh and quicker to smile. He is fond of banter and wit to know end. His temperament has perhaps been cooled somewhat since he took to the red cloth and became a Red Priest. His faith in R'hllor gives him an almost infinite well of courage to draw from, but it would be a mummer's farce if he claimed to not know fear.

For all his positive traits however, it would take a true fool to forget he is still a Lannister and possesses all of the Lannister cunning. He has not forgotten what his father ordered on Rhaegar's family and if he had half a chance, he would kill Gregor Clegane. He is very aware his father will not live forever, and he is still the Heir to Casterly Rock by every law in the land.   

Equipment:

• Greatsword: Daevon's weapon of choice is a great sword, due to his tendency to set it on fire in combat he doesn't use a particular blade and acquires a new one often.
  • Plate Armour: Daevon wears a heavy suit of plate armour, masterfully crafted. As a Red Priest the suit is all red. He wears a large hooded cloak, he tends to use the cloak over his helm when not in pressing need.
  • Oils: Like other Red Priests, Daevon is known to set his blade ablaze. These oils help him do it.
Skills:

• Knight: Daevon squired under Rhaegar Targaryen for some years before Robert's Rebellion until Rhaegar's death. He is a highly proficient knight (although never actually anointed), if not as technically talented as his elder brother Jaime. Daevon is physically stronger then Jaime however, being of stature akin to Sandor Clegane and this makes him perhaps an equally dangerous foe in his own right. His primary weapon is a greatsword, but he is also proficient with all tradtional melee weapons of a Knight (mace, hammer, axe, flail) and is as comfortable fighting mounted as he is on foot. Being the close friends of Rhaegar, he occasionally learned from Arthur Dayne & others of the then Kingsguard.
  • Red Priest: Daevon has been in Essos since Robert's Rebellion and has spent most of that time becoming a Red Priest. He is capable of performing all rituals associated with a Red Priest, but it is only since the rumours of dragons that his rituals appear to receive the attention of the Red God.
  • Musician: It was not just how to kill a man that Daevon learned from Rhaegar, he also taught him the harp. He is better than many a court bard, but would be of no talent compared to Rhaegar himself.

Origins/History:
Daevon Lannister was brought screaming into the world in 268 AL, born to Joanna & Tywin Lannister. When he was two years old his mother passed away giving birth to his only younger sibling and as such Daevon has extremely little memory of his mother. Growing up in Casterly Rock he went wanting for nothing but perhaps time to play, for the Maester's lessons seemed to never end.

In 280 AL when Daevon was twelve years old he was sent to squire under Rhaegar Targaryen, in truth living with Rhaegar were some of the happiest years of Daevon's life. While Rhaegar was often dour, he was nurturing and compassionate in a way Daevon was not used to being raised in Casterly Rock and Rhaegar's wife, Elia was kind and motherly to the young Lannister boy.

In 282 AL during the war that would become "Robert's Rebellion" Daevon stayed faithfully at Rhaegar's side as his squire, now having been so for two years. Torin was present at the Battle of the Trident and watched helplessly as Rhaegar was killed by Robert Baratheon. Torin was captured moments later and held for the duration of the war, until he was handed over to Tywin Lannister following his siding with Robert and Jaime's killing of Aerys. When Torin found out his father had commanded the murder of Elia Martell it was the first time Torin drank until he vomited, mourning the loss of not only his mentor but also the woman whom had been like a mother to him. He could not stand that his father had ordered what had happened to Rhaegar's family and spirited away in the night (with no small amount of gold and wine).

Daevon spent three years wandering Essos as a sword for hire until he found himself on the steps of the Temple of the Lord of Light. It was not where he expected to find himself, but it gave him comfort...and purpose.

Between 287 & 298 AL Daevon traveled with the Golden Company, serving as both spiritual guide and warrior. He sat as council to the Commander of the Company for six years. But finally his life in Essos has come to an end. When word of the "War of Five Kings" reached his ears, Daevon knew he had to return to Westeros and House Lannister. There was still a Lion on his breast plate. He did not know how his return would be welcomed. He had heard bits and pieces over the years, that Tywin no longer had care for him after he turned his back on them. But he also heard his father favoured him over Tyrion regardless, he was still Heir to Casterly Rock. He did not know which was true, if either was true.

Daevon has just arrived in King's Landing by the Blackwater, and makes to see his brother and sister. 

xPeachyPuff

Gaaah, just seeing your profile up Primarch makes me want to get one of my own done but I really don't know what kind of character I want to be or which house I want to aline myself with. -Siiiiiigh.-

-xSRx

AdrianZef

Don't know if you want to roleplay with me? The answer is yes, you do. But fine, I guess I'll give you one of these: Ons and Offs, as well as a Wishlist.

Photo

me too. I'll be putting up a character sheet shortly. I've read everything now. I'm pretty damn sure of what I need to do. I MIGHT play a male....
Apologies and Absences

MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA

xPeachyPuff

Character Name: Liliana Arryn.
Loyalist or Separatist: Separatist. (Though she only knows what she's been told.)
House: Arryn - As High As Honor.
Faction: N/A.
Family:
•   Mother – Lysa Arryn (Currently ruling the Eyrie in her youngest son, Robin’s, place.)
•   Father – Jon Arryn. (Deceased.)
•   Younger Brother – Robin Arryn.

Appearance:  
Liliana has always had darker hair than her mother, Lysa Arryn, but it defiantly has a red-tinge to her brown locks that follow her mother's Tully heritage. Her eyes are a bright, light caramel colour that always seem warm and welcoming, again, unlike her mothers in some ways. She is a slim woman with a gentle hourglass figure; according to her father before he passed, he mentioned her taking more after his side of the family than his wives. Her skin is pale and appears radiant and fragile; almost like porcelain. 

Personality: Liliana is a very kind person which can be a great disadvantage in the outside world. Although it is fine for her to be herself around the Eyrie with the knowledge that no one would dare take advantage of her, outside is a completely different matter. Because of her lack of worldly awareness, Liliana can be very gullible and trusts people much too easily, even if they are a complete stranger. Another thing to note about her personality is that she is very generous and will help anyone where she can; she has never understood the phrase 'you can't help everyone'. Because of her never being able to leave the Eyrie walls, Liliana can be very excited to see new things and loves the idea of traveling to see the world. his does not mean she will be uneducated in the real world forever as she can be extremely quick on the up take. Liliana finds it easy to make friends and she has never been refused friendship/companionship, because of this the idea of having to work for friendship is something that really interests her; she'd rather be liked for who she really is than because she's a Lady of the Eyrie.

Equipment:

• A beautiful family pendant that was passed down to her from her father. Apparently it once belonged to his mother.

• She has a wardrobe of many beautiful gowns and such, but currently is wearing an elegant blue gown.

• Liliana has many other things with her that she takes everywhere such as; her bath oils, other clothing items, shoes, hair accessories and some other things that aren't really worth mentioning.

Skills:

Listener:  The Arryn’s have often been good people who are not only true to their word, but are wise as well. With this comes Liliana's ability to listen. Of course, everyone can do so, but some say she has the gift of hearing more than others. She also tries to give advice to the best of her ability and will take time out of her day to listen to all that need the simplicity of an ear.
Singer: Liliana often enjoys spending her free time singing and will occasionally be caught humming a merry tune in the presence of others without her realizing. Her voice is one of the more beautiful in the Eyrie, not only for singing, but speaking as well. Although it's also fair to note that Liliana cannot play any musical instruments.
Sewing: As she was taught from a very young age, Liliana is exceptionally good at sewing, like many young women her age. It is nothing less than expected of her, but it is also something worth noting.

Origins/History:

Liliana Arryn was brought into the world as the first born of the Arryns. The birth was simply and without any ordinary complication, however, it seemed that her mother, like many others who were loyal to the Vale, were dissatisfied with the child's gender; female. Her mother, Lysa Arryn, was more distraught than most and refused the girl while she was barely from her mothers breast. Her father, Jon Arryn, treated her kindly and was loving when he was home but she often heard her parents arguing over how one another treated her. Liliana simply couldn't understand why she was being abandoned by her mother; the woman who gave her life. As a result, Liliana was sent from King's Landing back to be raised in the Eyrie by the Maester. Although she rarely saw her mother, everyone treated her as the Lady she was and the girl was taught just as she would should she have been a boy. Liliana enjoyed the Maester's lessons and was extremely interested in Westeros and it's history; no doubt that the Maester took a quick liking to her as not only did she enjoy his sessions, she picked knowledge up extremely quickly. Not once was she permitted to leave the Eyrie, so it was all so new and exciting to her. (Still, to her latest name day, she has not left the Eyrie.)

When she reached her 10th name day, her mother declared it public knowledge that she was once again pregnant and could 'feel' that this time, it was a boy. Again, 9 month's past and Liliana still rarely saw her mother and things returned to normal despite the good news. Just before her 11th name day, the babe was born and it was indeed a boy. The Eyrie rejoiced, no more so than her mother; he would carry on the Arryn name.

Before she knew it, years had passed and she had become a woman. Of course the first night she bled gave her quite the scare but her Septa was kind enough to explain everything about her journey into womanhood. Her mother didn't even seem to take note that she had now become a woman and was ready to bare a child and get wed; in all honesty, Liliana was glad of that. Robin, her baby brother, was very sick growing up and even though he had had six name days he still did not move from his mothers breast. It was strange to see, not only for Liliana, but the other men and women of the Eyrie. Of course, nothing was said. Then the terrible news that her father had been killed in King's Landing shook the castle into a state of disarray. Her mother seemed completely set on the idea that he was murdered, but she would not share her reasoning with anyone and refused to attend court and such for a long period of time. Things didn't seem to get any better in the few months after the death of her husband and things were defiantly not looking up in the slightest.

--------------------------------------------------------------

So I'm throwing this up since I had sudden inspiration and simply couldn't wait. I hope she's alright so far, not sure what everyone will make of her but again, I hope she's alright. I have more to add to the profile, but considering it's like....5:30am here...I think I should complete it another time. If anyone has feedback, I would love to hear it.

-xSRx

Photo

King Joffrey of the Houses Baratheon, and Lannister, The First of his Name, King of the
Andals and the First men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, and Protector of the Realm.
Of the crown, and loyal to the crown, eternally empowered over all of his kingdoms
House Baratheon and Lannister
Faction: Royal
Family: He is the son of Robert Baratheon and Cersei Lannister *wink wink*
Personality: Joffrey is a proud young man. Some may call him unfair, but they have serpents attached to their tongues. He approaches situations with the even, firm mind of a King. He knows who and when to punish those responsible and favor those with whom he is indebted to. At times, he has trouble with his manners. However, Joffrey favors courtesy over rash judgement, and cruel behavior. *wink wink*
Equipment: Everything in the entire world belongs to him. He chooses to wear the finest armors, the most deadly of swords, and a crossbow with remarkable strength. Oh, yes, and the gold crown.
Skills: Joffrey is a gifted swordsman, a cunning conversation, a natural cook, a first-class hunter, a fantastic writer of poetry and song, a master of tactical warfare, and the most impressive lover any woman has ever had the pleasure of meeting. He's trained to be a member of the kings' guard as well, but Joffrey tries to keep it from the public knowledge, in fear that it would make the people nervous, a king brave enough to protect himself with a sword and shield.

Origins/History: Joffrey was the first born son of the King Robert Baratheon. His loyal mother raised him as best as she could as she tried to keep track of her wild husbands bad temper. His two younger siblings are Myrcella and Tommen, also proud children of Robert Baratheon. The mother to all of these children is Cersei Lannister, she and the King married politically, the throne had been Usurped from the mad Targaryen King.

Before he was king, Prince Joffrey accompanied his parents to Winterfell to see his betrothed Sansa Stark. It was all part of King Robert's plan to further strengthen the allegiance between House Baratheon and House Stark. Joffrey was charming and polite towards Sansa, as well as everyone else. And, he showed the utmost sypmathy toward the yound Bran Stark, when the poor boy feel from a tower in the city walls. The poor boy wass severely injured. He cried when he spoke with the young boy's parents, his future father and mother in law, the Stark family, and the king of the North.

Later, while on the Kingsroad to King's Landing, Joffrey was walking with Sansa, peacefully informing her how precious and special she was. He went on about her until she told him to stop. He managed to talk of his martial training, and the preparation that had been taken for his ascension to kingship. Of course Joffrey ended up back onto his beloved Sansa. He could only imagine what she may look like in his chambers as naked as she had wanted to be, as his wife, as the queen of the seven kingdoms. They were near the water, when suddenly they were attacked in an unprovoked manner by Ary.a Starks gigantic Dyre wolf and the pissed moron son of a butcher! Joffrey was accused of lying, but his father defends him, and the Stark's agreed to forget about the incident in return for the death of Nymeria. The wolf couldn't be found, Sansa's direwolf Lady was executed instead. Joffrey and Sansa both believe that the wolf needed to die in order for their love to manifest in a healthy way. So, they made a swift return to King's Landing in order further prepare for their future.

Ok, I'm totally serious about this. I think Joffrey needs to be a PC, and I was so excited to do it, I just jumped on the oppurtunity instead of bringing it to a discussion.

My actual plan: I have to write this or everyone is going to think that my profile above is a gigantic joke. I honestly think I could have stopped with the picture and the bold name, and everyone would have had enough information to know exactly who I was going to play. Especially since I would have wrote something like this either way. I plan on playing this young king as sadistic as he's supposed to be; as delusional as he's supposed to be, as evil as he's supposed to be, and so on. However, I will have a lot of power in my tiny sixteen year old hands, and my Joffrey might not do what G.R.R.M's Joffrey did. He might not be too bad of a guy.

But, he will be.
Apologies and Absences

MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA

Eleah

Not quite done yet! Still got her history to come, how she ended up as a bandit and all that...

Character Name: Ella Pyke (aka. Greyfeather)
Loyalist or Separatist: Neutral, until further notice. Ella is more concerned about her own fortunes than the disputes of lords so will ally with whoever is winning, or betray whoever is losing.
House: House Greyjoy.
Faction: The bandits of the Kingsroad.
Family: Lord Donnor Saltcliffe (natural father), Sharra (mother), Alreon the Fletcher (grandfather and caretaker), Arron (uncle).
Appearance:

Personality: A born and bred Iron Born, Ella is a far cry from the typical southron lady. Determined, realistic, resourceful and unforgiving when needs be, Ella is the product of the hard life offered to most bastards and the harder one offered to bastard girl's of the Iron Islands. A black sheep on the island of Saltcliffe, despite her grandfather Alreon's best intentions, she was quick to give up on silly, childhood dreams having to work (or steal) for the things she wanted.

Despite all this though, the girl was never prone to icy dispositions and steely gazes. Quick to laugh at her nuncle's jokes and fond of wearing a sly grin, Ella learnt to mask her discomforts and grievances under a cover of cool sarcasm; for weakness is always quick to be punished on the Iron Islands. Her quick tongue helping to deflect the insults of children growing up and, later, the bawdy jokes the men of the local tavern would direct at her.

Equipment: Leather breeches and tunic under a chain vest, a carved shortbow, a quiver of goosefeather arrows, a worn shortsword.
Skills:

• Archery: Growing up in a family of fletchers, it would be surprising if Ella had no skill with the bow. Instead, years of practice and testing the arrows her family produced have moulded her into a formidable marksman. The ability to shoot from nearly any position (uphill, downhill, from in a tree, from horseback, etc) and confidently hit a moving target is a valuable skill for a bandit and one that she puts to good use. Ella has always favoured shortbows, partly because it fits her lithe build, but also for the power the shortbow brings to make up for it's lack of range.
  • Fletching: Taught the family craft, Ella is an expert on making arrows, repairing arrows and looking after the bows that fire them.
  • Banditry: While not exactly a skill of itself, the ability to be a successful bandit is down to a whole bunch of seperate skills; navigating and surviving in the wild, planning ambushes, camouflage, horseriding, hunting, staying clear of authorities, keeping an ear out for information and similar things. While she may not be a highwayman of renown, Ella is a quick learner and has managed to keep herself afloat so far.
  • Silver-tongued: Not only does Ella have a quick tongue, she's particularly good at using it to persuade, deceive and convince people with it. Of course, some of this could be down to her talent at flirting with men, but in the end it all comes back to well-picked words.
  • Sailing: Every single Iron Born worth his or her salt knows how to handle a vessel on the waves, catch the wind, tie knots, row and swim.
  • Stealth: Ella's lithe build makes her particularly good at sneaking around people and staying in the shadows. A skill that was particularly useful when the village bullies would seek her out to pick on the girl.
Origins/History: Self-explanatory.