Word Help (I feel silly)...Resolved (still feel silly)

Started by Jag, August 09, 2012, 12:48:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jag

I have to put together a lobby cleaning checklist for work since the lobby is my 'area' of the store. The store manager wants me to use 'official terms'. Sadly, I can't think of the right word for this specific area. It's an entryway. A small room that leads from the outside into the inside. It has a rug in it. It's really bothering me that I can't think of this word, yet I hear it daily at work when we tell people to clean it. I know it starts with an 'F', but I can't think of the stupid word. >.<

Can someone help me?

EDIT: Resolved. Thanks, Veks.
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Vekseid

Chelemar

I think you got it in one Veks. :)

Jag

That's it! Thank you!

*snuggles Veks*

I hate that we have to be all official now that we have a new store. The store owner came in and asked me for the 'Line Bar and Pen'. I just stared at him like a moron. Turns out that a 'line bar' is our official term for the damn paper that we have the daily schedule on and he to look at it and have a pen to make some marks on it. >.<

Chelemar

*hugs*  It wouldn't be so bad if everything that was officially re-named made sense, or had at least some guide to follow.

Been through that any time a company got taken over by another. 

It will get easier!

*huggles* 

Jag

Exactly. Why not just call it the 'Daily Schedule'? That makes more sense than 'Line Bar'. I argued with the store owner for about 10 minutes over pieces of wood and what to call them. He called it 'wood lattice'. I told him that it was a 'wood latter' because lattice was like crisscrossed and what not, but these are just pieces of wood stacked above each other with small spaces between them on each end (it's a latter). We eventually agreed to disagree (but I'm right and he's wrong)...my final checklist is going to say 'wood latter' on it and I hope he sees it. >.>