Operation A.N.T.H.R.O.

Started by Foxfyr, March 02, 2011, 11:24:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foxfyr

Background:

For years, the government has been performing genetic experimentation as a means for enhancing human potential by splicing their DNA with that of animals.  The program has had so much success that there has been a hidden facility devoted to producing, testing, and training subjects for a variety of purposes.  These can range anywhere from covert-ops military simulations to simple muscle training for improved manual labor.  Anthros are housed within the facility and there are countless security measures to ensure they never leave the grounds.  After all, the genetic testing isn't public knowledge and there would surely be a massive public upheaval should the government's secret be dragged into the limelight.

This RP our characters will have been born and raised with the constant oversight of scientists.  Performance testing are as routine as the communal meals, sleeping in personal rooms, and periods of recess.  I was thinking that something could happen somewhere along the story, either in the beginning or a little later on, that causes significant unrest among the Anthro subjects.  Eventually, a scheme is hatched where a small number manage to escape the facility (our characters included) and the focus then becomes staying ahead of the government agents while at the same time, avoiding being noticed by the general public.  Considering it will be their first time on their own in the world, there is bound to be plenty of room for expanding and developing the story.

---------------------------

We currently have three people enrolled with this RP, two anthros and one human female.  It will be the role of the humans to sabotage the research facility that grants a small number of Anthros a means of escape.  While most go their separate ways, two will stumble across the saboteurs who will help them avoid being hunted down.  It still hasn't been decided about where the group will take up residence, though I'm thinking in a small town, or what sort of affiliation the humans have whether it is an animal rights group, anarchists, or conspiracy theorists (I'll let the two of you decide upon that).

RP Rules:
1) GM (me) has final say over any disputes.
2) Be respectful towards other players.
3) NO ONE-LINE POSTS!  I am looking for a five-sentence paragraph minimum.

If you are interested, please fill out the following character sheet and PM it to me along with any questions you may have.

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b]
[b]Brief Personality:[/b] (A few adjectives)
[b]Short Bio:[/b]

Cast:
Loki Aesir (Male Anthro)
Onudi (Female Anthro)
Fenrir (Female Human)
(Open for Male Human)

Foxfyr

Male Anthro

Name: Isoke
ID Number: 783021
Species: Fox
Appearance:

Basic Personality: Cunning, playful, and mischievous.

Onudi

so, i'm guessing just post here right?

Name: Onudi
ID Number: (6-Digit number that the scientists will refer to you by) 765541
Species: Dog mix
Appearance: http://www.furaffinity.net/view/5094648/  (sorry it isn't too fancy and gorgeous, it's just a personal piece I drew for my own sona!)
Basic Personality: Dominant, Wild, Carefree, and Agile
Parental Advisory Warning
              SEX
             ZONE
           AHEAD!!

Fenrir

Name:  Isabella
Appearance:  Shoulder length auburn hair, dark brown eyes, high cheek bones and an angular face.  Stand's at 5'4 with a small waist and generous curves.  Fair skinned  with one tattoo located on the tender spot of her neck swimming the curve of her ear.
Brief Personality: Cold tough exterior, does not trust anyone other than herself, purposely lashes out at others to keep them at a distance, and is honest with anyone and everyone despite any consequences.
Short Bio: Isabella has lost everyone she loved to the government organization leading the genetic testing on the Anthros.  Her father had been head of the security department and she had her run of the place and, as children do, she developed friendships.  Regardless her father's wishes her friendships were made with the test subjects.  By the time she was fourteen her best friend was known as Fawn, a deer Anthro.  When the scheduled tests for Fawn led to her death Isabella stopped going to the facility and two years later when they killed her mother she vowed revenge... and soon she will have it.

Wants and Won'ts --  (updated 02/20)  |  Ideas and Inventions (open!)
Current CreationsApologies and Absences  -- (updated 04/26)

Akhanu

Hello to all.
I feel interested to what I read so far, but a bit confused to what the male character role is in this, along the lines of whether is he to be part of those who were tending to the experiments and that made sure that all was proceeding well (be that a scientist, or security related, or machinery maintenance personel, etc) or instead one of them who thought that the experimented-upon specimen were being horribly used and mistreated, seeing them as sentient beeings but used as guinea pigs and statistical data collection 'amunition'?
Experience Chan! There's neither distance nor intimacy. Observation is like a family treasure. Whether with eyes, ears, body, nose, or tongue - It's hard to say which is the most amazing to use.
-  Master Xu Yun

Ons and Offs

Foxfyr

I'm giving creative freedom to the human characters for how they get involved with this story.  The male could be an employee who is a sympathizer like Isabella or somebody on the outside who had the experience and know-how to pull a jail break as it were and managed to get into contact with Isabella.  Even though the program is confidential, it is impossible to prevent all leaks and there is bound to be conspiracy theorists or simply people who are skilled at obtaining government secrets.  Their motives could range from getting revenge against the government, wishing to bring genetic testing into the light, simply wanting to do the noble thing of helping the test subjects, or anything else you can come up with.

Basically, if you can think of a way to get the character involved and it makes sense, then I'll be all for it. :-)

Tomalak

How obvious is the genetic alteration?  Are we talking full-on animal-headed people, or subtle feature changes (skin texture, limb length, eye color (or type)?

Also, are the genetic alterations done to existing people, changing their bodies?  Or are we talking about growing new people with altered traits, who have never seen the outside?

I have interest in playing a Mal Anthro, if there is still space.  The above will help me with my application.  Thank you.
My apologies for spotty posting habits this week (the first week in march).  I have been ill, so they may continue.  I'm taking care of myself, so I hope it will pass soon.

Foxfyr

Appearances vary widely based upon the function of the subject ranging from more neko-seque to the full on anthro.  The latter has significantly reduced capabilities of their animal counterparts while the former have all the strengths of both animal and human.  Of course, neko forms will have a lot easier time blending in with the human population.

All test subjects are grown within the labs and the most they've seen of the outside world is the large central courtyard where freetime and certain performance testing is held.  Well-behaved subjects also have access to televisions, though the selection of viewing material is carefully screened by the staff.  Much if it is limited to cartoons or a few other non-animated shows, all of which are pre-recorded, with no material pertaining to society outside of the facility.

As of this time, we are only looking for a human male character.  That may change as the RP progresses and we might feel a need to incorporate a few more characters into the story be them anthros or plain humans.  Should you sign up for the human role that is currently open, you will still be able to take on a second (anthro) character should a position open up.

Tomalak

Quote from: Loki Aesir on March 05, 2011, 09:21:10 AMAs of this time, we are only looking for a human male character.
D'oh!  Because I can read, right?  Gotcha.  Got an idea forming, might be able to fill that space for you.  Where is the facility located?

Also, is there a non-secret direction that the game will be going in the early arcs, so I can avoid poorly fit concepts?
My apologies for spotty posting habits this week (the first week in march).  I have been ill, so they may continue.  I'm taking care of myself, so I hope it will pass soon.

Foxfyr

The facility is located in central Oregon, within a large nature reserve so as to keep the general public from stumbling across it.  The reserve also has restricted airspace which keeps it from being spotted from above.

I do not know for sure what you mean by non-secret.  If you are referring to making the existence of the anthros known to the world, it probably won't happen until later on if at all.  One of the contingency plans should such a thing happen is to destroy all evidence of the program; such as wiping documents, killing specimens, and destroying the facility in one swift action.  This is something Isabella would know.  However, the anthros would naturally seek to explore the world that they had been isolated from for so long, so things can take a wide array of paths from there.

Tomalak

I think I've gotten my answer, though for clarity's sake I will explain my previous question:

If the plot of the early story (after the escape) were a picture, do you have any idea what it would look like?  And would we be allowed to see?

Or, is this more of a sandbox-type game, wherein the characters themselves will decide where to go, immediately out the gate? 

I'm particularly looking for major themes, like you see associated with a book or movie to indicate what type of story you're picking up.

Foxfyr

Oh, I see what you mean now.

I have the general framework planned out, though I prefer to keep much of it hidden from the players for the sake of enticing eagerness to see what will happen next.  Though I am prone to give out hints along the way.  I intentionally keep the storyline somewhat vague because I find it to maintain enough flexibility should the players wish to contribute a side plot (which I am always happy to accomodate).  Also, I will need to know the personality and background of our fourth player before I can solidly build the story, especially the beginning.  When it comes time for the breakout, the method it is done depends entirely upon the characters involved to ensure it is done viably and within the realm of reason.

Tomalak

Can go give me a hint as to things such as how fast/slow the pace of action would be, how often high-intensity action scenes might crop up, whether "thriller" or "Horror" descriptors come up, or other genre keywords or plot descriptors might be appropriate?

I do understand the value of secrecy on tension and mystery - believe me, I think it is underestimated on RPG boards much of the time.  However, I also wouldn't read a whole book without knowing something about it.  And I don't want to just put this one down if I find out I don't like the plot.

Foxfyr

There will be plenty of action in terms of fleeing pursuers, be it car or on foot. Most likely some small combat skirmishes. Depending on what route we take it later on, there could be an adventure arc to it. Drama is likely to reveal itself between isabella and her father, the anthros hearing of their kind in peril, and anthros desperately wanting to see the real world despite all the risk that comes with it. As with any scenario where a few individuals hold up in a small space for a duration, there is the inevitable romance and/or tension.

As far as the pace is concerned, after we establish our characters in the first round of posting or so, things will pick up quickly. Eventually they will calm down for a time as they get settled into their safehouse to work on some character development. Then things will pretty much follow the pattern of peaks and lulls in terms of action and the like.

Tomalak

I'm going to decline to join the game at this time.  I'm having trouble coming up with a human concept that interests me given the constraints of your setting.  Good luck with your recruiting!

P.S. If your game finds itself in need of replacement characters, let me know, the change in setting or plot development might give me what I'm looking for. 

DigitLninja

I have a concept for a human that I like. I'll post him shortly and we can start the game ASAP.
Quotes to Live by:
"The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go" Sanae Hanekoma,The World Ends With You. for Nintendo DS

"A post should be like a mini skirt. Long enough to cover the important parts, but short enough to keep interest." -Someone

oh's and oh's / Double A's Update 1/10 / Short Story:Memoirs of Renamon/ Hey [you], you should check out my 1 on 1's

NINJA VANISH! *disappears in a puff of smoke*

DigitLninja

Appearance:

Name: Master Sergeant Garrison Hawk of the United States Marines

Brief Personality: Brave, kind, righteous, unwavering

Short Bio:
Garrison Hawk was the happiest man alive when he was made a Marine and ecstatic as he quickly rose up the ranks to one of the higher positions. He worked so hard and made a good life for himself including a girlfriend who was also a Marine. That's when he was given the bad news that he was to be stationed in a secret government base, that his rise in the ranks and his hope of a normal life would forever be sealed behind a solid metal door and several tons of concrete and titanium.

Spending a couple of years here as a glorified security guard caused his frustration to grow into anger and watching these human volunteers become experiments and then bodies only made his scope turn toward the people running the facility. Before long Garrison had prepared himself to be placed on the AWOL list and was ready to go down fighting if need be in order to save some of these lost souls before they ended up in the incinerator. That's when he was approached by an angry young human woman who also wanted to do something right. M.S. Hawk quickly became her contact on the inside and came up with an escape plan.

Training: Military Weapons training including - hand to hand, and sniper use.

Weapons: one Combat Knife, one M107 .50 Caliber Long Range Sniper Rifle, one Wilson Combat CQB Elite Pistol.
Quotes to Live by:
"The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go" Sanae Hanekoma,The World Ends With You. for Nintendo DS

"A post should be like a mini skirt. Long enough to cover the important parts, but short enough to keep interest." -Someone

oh's and oh's / Double A's Update 1/10 / Short Story:Memoirs of Renamon/ Hey [you], you should check out my 1 on 1's

NINJA VANISH! *disappears in a puff of smoke*