Spartacus: War of the Damned (Started, Romans needed)

Started by Primarch, February 04, 2013, 04:09:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Primarch

"There is but one path, we kill them all."

Hello all! In the past a Gladiator game based on the Spartacus Starz series has been popular, bubby and I have been in contact and we would be very interested in running a game based on the period the current series is currently. That is to say, the Third Servile War in full and proper swing. We aim to seperate the game to represent both factions, a thread for the slaves in a recently taken city and a thread for the Romans sent to crush the threat in their warcamp. The game is primarily about character relationships and interaction, but it wouldn't be properly Spartacus inspired occasional battle from time to time. Results giving favour to one faction or the other.

"Once again the gods spread the cheeks and ram cock in fucking ass!"

The Rebels will have 3 leader spots open, each leader being equal in status and responsibility for the rebellion. The Romans will also have 3 Leader spots, the Imperator and two Legatus. Other characters are of course welcome, gladiators turned soldiers in the slave army, Roman soldiers, camp followers in the form of slaves and whores plus anything else we come up with and find appropriate.

"Fuck Honour. This is business."

We are not taking reservations on the leadership positions just yet, but if there is sufficient interest we will open the game soon and hopefully start quite soon after. Questions, comments and suggestions welcome. 

"We are truly free when we fight, or when we fuck, which I shall leave to do presently"

**Looking For**

If you are having difficulty in deciding on a character, some players have expressed interest in someone filling a roll for them. Currently:
RubySlippers: "Personal servant, not a slave should be a freedwoman (former slave) or freewoman (a free woman) likely with a history with her like maybe she helped free her family and the former slave stayed on out of affection for the kind mistress or something including being an indentured servant (not a slave but have a debt to repay so would work it off)."

Primarch:

• Wife: Wife to Legatus Severus Gaius Tigurius, ideally younger then the late thirties Legatus. While initially instructed to stay in Rome, gave chase to her husband and now resides in the Followers camp (if much nicer comforts then the slaves & whores). Possibly fleeing some trouble that arose in the short time her husband has left Rome?
  • Son: Tigurius's son, enjoying his first campaign under his father.
  • Slave: The Legatus's favoured slave, follows him around at the camp tending to his meals and grooming, but also tends to his cock (possibly reluctantly, might aide the Rebels later).

SnorkleRainbow would like, for her character Decimus Leonius:
1) A female master, as wife to a well respected Roman lord who took an interest him while in training and 'made' her husband turn him to a house slave.
2) A secret male lover who trains there as a Gladiator.

bubby

AND SO IT BEGINS AGAIN!!

That's right gang, it's time to try this out again! A soon as I saw the first episode of War of the Damned my brain SCREAMED to maybe open up the idea, and Primarch nudged me. The last attempt had a good run, at just about a full year. Can we do that again?

I'm lookin' for some of this...

... and some of this...

...and totally some of this...

.. and I'm sure some of this!

"THERE IS BUT ONE PATH, WE KILL THEM ALL!"

Primarch

sansa

O/O
Hello E friends. For those who've role played with me, I disappeared for a while due to lack of access to a computer and personal issues. Life has calmed down and I now have access to E and inspiration has struck me again. :)

Primarch

Quote from: sansa on February 04, 2013, 07:09:33 PM
I am very interested!

Excellent :D
Got anything in mind for a character?

sansa

Quote from: Primarch on February 04, 2013, 07:20:29 PM
Excellent :D
Got anything in mind for a character?

Well I suppose it really depends on what characters are taken (by you and bubby) and what roles people are interested in playing so I do not pursue to play a character left in the dust! ;P

These two characters would be a preference (in order of my preference!) :D
Naevia – Lucretia's personal and loyal slave. Love interest of Crixus.
Ilithyia – the daughter of senator Albinius and wife of Glaber.
O/O
Hello E friends. For those who've role played with me, I disappeared for a while due to lack of access to a computer and personal issues. Life has calmed down and I now have access to E and inspiration has struck me again. :)

RubySlippers

Oh goddess yes. I would prefer to play an original character and more an friend of the rebels, a sympathizer. I was thinking a Dori a master harlot with money, connections to slavers and slave shippers and the ear to the elite who can be of value to the rebel forces. A Greek freewoman who under roman law would be a citizen of the empire maybe a Jewess who is in her heart devout to god if not well perfect, she would not keep slaves.

Part of the fun is there are so many roles that need to be filled.

Primarch

Quote from: sansa on February 04, 2013, 07:30:35 PM
Well I suppose it really depends on what characters are taken (by you and bubby) and what roles people are interested in playing so I do not pursue to play a character left in the dust! ;P

These two characters would be a preference (in order of my preference!) :D
Naevia – Lucretia's personal and loyal slave. Love interest of Crixus.
Ilithyia – the daughter of senator Albinius and wife of Glaber.

Well we've left most names out of the game so as to allow for OCs, as these games usually have a preference for OCs stepping into important person shoes...I also think Ilithyia would be dead at this point, but we can work something up!

Quote from: RubySlippers on February 04, 2013, 07:46:40 PM
Oh goddess yes. I would prefer to play an original character and more an friend of the rebels, a sympathizer. I was thinking a Dori a master harlot with money, connections to slavers and slave shippers and the ear to the elite who can be of value to the rebel forces. A Greek freewoman who under roman law would be a citizen of the empire maybe a Jewess who is in her heart devout to god if not well perfect, she would not keep slaves.

Part of the fun is there are so many roles that need to be filled.

OCs are certainly welcome!

kckolbe

Is familiarity with the series required?
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Primarch

Quote from: kckolbe on February 04, 2013, 08:06:09 PM
Is familiarity with the series required?

Required? No. Its basically just the final year of the Third Servile War. OCs will be taking the place of the actual heroes and there shall likely be more sex....because Spartacus is like that. Also, when you cut someone, river of blood.

sansa

Ah I took this as more of following the characters. Well lemme rethink things! (:
O/O

Primarch

Quote from: sansa on February 04, 2013, 08:15:28 PM
Ah I took this as more of following the characters. Well lemme rethink things! (:

Certainly, think I'll start as a Roman myself.

Vassus

Tentative interest forming. While I haven't seen the show, I do quite like Roman history, and have never had much of a chance to RP it. I can play Roman or Rebel, whichever one needs a player.
E-Mail: radically.irrelevant@gmail.com

Did you know: "polish" is a word that completely changes it's meaning when you capitalize the first letter?

Primarch

Quote from: Vassus on February 04, 2013, 08:34:15 PM
Tentative interest forming. While I haven't seen the show, I do quite like Roman history, and have never had much of a chance to RP it. I can play Roman or Rebel, whichever one needs a player.

At this point I imagine they both do. But you could certainly hold off on a decision until others express interest in being one or the other.

Primarch

bubby

A good start indeed! It's currently 1 am for me, and I just got off work, so I'm not in the mind set as yet to think any more on things. Primarch is correct in the fact we're looking for OC's here.

I will be playing one of the leading Rebels, because I can rawk that kind of char.  ::) If Primarch doesn't do it while I'm sleeping (since we're in totally opposite time zones), I'll work on a char template tomorrow before work.

Don't be afraid to ask questions!

Desirous

I`m interested and bookmarking this!  ;D

bubby

I'm awake! Kinda... need.... coffee..

Primarch

Character template!

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Faction:[/b]
[b]Position[/b]
[b]Nationality:[/b]

[b]Appearance:[/b]
[center][img]URLHEREPLEASE![/img][/center]

[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Equipment:[/b]
[b]Skills:[/b]

[b]Backstory:[/b]

I shall reserve one of the Legatus positions for myself : D
If anyone wishes to play his personal slave, a son traveling with him or even a favoured whore, feel free to PM me and we can plot something.

bubby

Well I had planned on making my own char, but my mother is coming to visit before I go to work. So this day is a bust.

Primarch

Quote from: bubby on February 05, 2013, 12:40:04 PM
Well I had planned on making my own char, but my mother is coming to visit before I go to work. So this day is a bust.

Damnations!
Well if some others get characters up, I'll take care of getting IC set up.

bubby

Quote from: Primarch on February 05, 2013, 12:46:07 PM
Damnations!
Well if some others get characters up, I'll take care of getting IC set up.

I don't really think we have enough interest yet to start an IC darlin'.

Primarch

Quote from: bubby on February 05, 2013, 12:48:46 PM
I don't really think we have enough interest yet to start an IC darlin'.

I'm an eager beaver, you can hardly hold it against me?

bubby

Quote from: Primarch on February 05, 2013, 01:08:44 PM
I'm an eager beaver, you can hardly hold it against me?

Oh I'll hold it against you all right. Rawr!  >:) I'm eager to m'dear, but I'm picturing a bit grander scope before we actually start. Lol. They will come, I'm sure of it!

RubySlippers

Name:  Deborah the Jewess
Faction:  Rebel
Position  Prostitute, Owner of the House of Deborah a Stabula (large one room open brothel)
Nationality:  Greek

Appearance:

Personality:  A Jewess but Romanized from Greece and well not high up on her peoples social strata she is nevertheless a fine whore bold, eager to please her clients and unabashedly shameless even by Roman standards. Is still loyal in her heart to the one god just well being a whore is her lot and she is good at it. She has her strong points she is rather moral not keeping slaves, not allowing her staff of her brothel to be mistreated, is kind to those who are poor and in need and suprisingly educated for a whore.

Equipment:  Clothes, has a knife and thigh sheath she may or may not have on, her own brothel large one room open one with whores who work for her plying their trade and several former soldiers as guards mostly wounded members of the legions. Support staff of course are all freedwomen or freewomen as well. Her creditworthiness is good she is a shrewd businesswoman and quite comfortable for her lot. Has a nice stone home in Rome near her brothel and the theaters. Has musical instruments and other trappings as well.

Skills:  Literate and speaks greek, hebrew and latin, sexual technique, sexual stamina, dancing, play the lyre, sing, poetry and verse, business (prostitution), housewifery (jewish), investing money, networking, politcs, etiquette, bargaining, knife fighting and throwing.

Backstory:  The daugher of a well-off greek jewish family that fell on hard times she entered the whoring profession in Athens and came to Rome after her family told her to leave, and gave her enough funds to get a good start. Using her funds she quickly established herself as a bold whore after she crashed the party of a Legate clad only in a smile and flowers on leather cords about her form like vines coming out of a hollow thin plaster statue of Lilith the ancient dark Jewish demoness offering herself to the Legate. Since then she was on an upswing for the last year opening her own brothel staffed by eager freedwomen and freewomen, capable guards and some servants that is well regarded and bought a stone home with a garden nearby. Privately she supports the Spartacus slave uprising but is not open about her leanings considering slavery an abomination to god but in public she simply states owning slaves is frowned on by her god so doesn't wish to offend him.