Into the Unknown (Sci-Fi, Accepting Characters)

Started by MagicalPen, May 06, 2011, 09:07:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrystal

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

bigwad73

I think I'm going to back out of this one.  Sorry folks.  I hope you have fun, though!
Bad puns!  Horrible jokes!  Odd SF and Fantasy references!  Mastery of useless information!  Expert in old TV shows and movies!  And yes, I'm "mature"!    Ons and Offs   And more    Interests   NEW As and As as of 5/12/16. Look here!!!!

MagicalPen

If you can manage a second character, go ahead.

I'll look to start up this game this week,.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

Chrystal

Character Name: SSgt Madeline McGuire, RM MP

Character Ethnicity: Scottish, although you'd hardly know it.

Character Age: 36

Desired Position: Team Leader, FT2.

Character Description: Maddie is blonde, but not in the head. In fact she's plenty smart and has a lot of savvy. She stands a good 1.85m (6'1") tall, weighs in at 76kg (168 lbs) of solid muscle and takes great pleasure in arm wrestling squaddies in the infantry. She rarely looses! She's not what you would call "pretty", unless you were short sighted, drunk or desperate, though.

Character Personality: Everyone who ever met her described her as "hard-nosed bitch", with the possible exception of her girl-friend - who only ever called her "Mistress". Maddie is a total dominatrix, used to giving orders and having them obeyed instantly. It's how she made it to Staff Sergeant so quickly. Of course, she is fully capable of taking orders too, but is rather inclined to think for herself and is firmly of the opinion that a "Rupert" should leave the running of the platoon to the non-coms. If given an order she thinks is stupid, she will invariably question it.

Character History: Maddie joined the Royal Marine Commandos straight from school, aged 16. It was what she'd always wanted to do. She served with distinction in Iraq and Afghanistan and was still there when the aliens arrived.

Although well inland, she led her men through Pakistan towards the coast, to get in on the action against this new enemy, that appeared to be the common enemy of all mankind.

Her service record and her small success rate against the invaders - but let's face it, no one really had a huge success rate - led to her name being put forward for the mission.

I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Kate

FallenFeather

Hi, did the sniper position actually get taken or is it up for grabs? :)

Kate

there is never such a thing as too many snipers... unless its the enemy.

Certainly help me feel secure :)

Chrystal

FallenFeather

Character Name: Elaine Admete

Character Ethnicity: Texan

Character Age: 27

Desired Position:
Sniper

Character Description: Elaine is a tiny, tiny woman, standing barely above 5 feet tall and only around 105 lbs in weight with a bust of 32C, though just barely. Regardless of being so petite, she’s very athletic. Not strong particularly, but extremely flexible and quick. Her long brown hair is normally tied back, either in a pony tail or a braid while her green eyes are framed by dark, long lashes.

Character Personality: Despite looking adorably young, Elaine is extremely serious, all about the business. She doesn’t have time for games or idiocy. If it were possible, she’d go alone, but the military doesn’t work like that and she’s usually stuck with stupid people. She has little patience or tolerance for what she considers inadequacies and silliness, having little to no humor whatsoever. And no, this is not a, hard shell but deep inside there’s a teddy bear kind of case.

Character History: Elaine grew up in San Antonio, the military city of Texas. Her father was a Marine sniper and her mother was in the Army, both stationed at Fort Sam Houston. She grew up with stoic parents that never showed her their fun sides. Not to say that they didn’t have them, they just kept her with a babysitter when they went out. However, because her parents never played with her, she assumed that they didn’t have fun and whenever they went out, it was due to business. Elaine never played with dolls and other girls like most girls her age. Instead, she either played by herself with puzzles or blocks, or outside in the mud with other boys.

She could remember the exact day that the attack happened: she was playing an important soccer game, one that would decide whether or not her high school would go to state. As always, neither parent was there to watch her. When the invasion hit, all the other kids rushed to their parents while Elaine merely stared up at the sky, watching it turn dark. Despite herself, she started crying, though was unable to pinpoint exactly why. It took her a while before being found by military rescuers, one of whom she recognized. Soon after, she joined the Corps, flying through the ranks and being handpicked to be trained as a sniper due to her fast thinking, sharp aim, and sensibility to know when to take the shot.

Hope that's ok. On a side note: Chrystal, I was reading your other profile and holy cow that girl is anorexic! I'm 5'2" and weigh that much and I'm considered underweight. You can almost wrap two hands around my waist. 5'10" and 98 lbs?! Check this chart Just saying for reference xD

Chrystal

*chuckles* When you're 5' 6" and weigh over 200 lbs, it's difficult to judge what a tall skinny person should weigh. Thanks for pointing that out. If Eyeore has no objections, I'll up her weight to 110 lbs.

FallenFeather

No problem lol

I personally am tiny person and can never figure out what a healthy weight is for tall people. Personally, I think it's a great resource and I use it a lot. xD

Frelance

Nice profile, I can't wait for this to start :)
Evolution is an arms race

Kate

Chrystal

MagicalPen

If the interest is still there, my life has settled somewhat so i'd be able to start this one up again.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Kate

Phantasmatical

Chrystal

I was looking forward to this one when we were planning it and then it never happened.

Unfortunately, I have already committed myself fully again. If one of the group games I am in dies suddenly, between now and when you start, or one of the ones I've said I will join doesn't happen, I will certainly join, but as it is, I'm not physically able to join another group game right now, with the commitments I have already made.

Sorry.

FallenFeather

Still interested! :D Was actually gonna ask you about this in Hades OOC Eeyore but you left before I had the chance  XD

Phantasmatical

I am withdrawing interest from this roleplay.

MagicalPen

Alright, can I get an official show of hands in regards to whom is still interested in this game?

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

FallenFeather

orderNchaos

It there still a push to make this game happen??  I'd love to join.  I think an engineer or some sort of tech role would be fun to play considering how new and strange everything is.

MagicalPen

Yes. Trying to figure out how many people are still interested in it. I've got a confirmed 2 people right now.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry