Fairy Tail Revolution Interest Check (CLOSED THREAD, CHECK OOC)

Started by SweetRevenge, June 01, 2013, 02:24:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowFox89

Alright, gonna break down the abilities into what I think the descriptions would match to. Let me know if I screwed anything up.

Strength: Physical power. Sword swings, lifting things, etc. The higher the rating, the more damage you can expect to dish out when smacking someone with a pointy stick.
Agility: Dodging physical attacks, like ducking under a sword swing or avoiding a falling tree. Also used for acrobatics.
Speed: How fast you can move and cover distance. The higher the rating, the better and longer you can sprint.
Durability: Physical endurance. How long you can keep up a fight, though you may run out of stamina for casting spells.
Senses: Dodging magical attacks. How reactive you are to a spell based attack such as a bolt of lightning or a fireball.
Spirit: Magical endurance. How much "mana" you have to draw from and how long you can keep slinging spells.
Intelligence: Magical power. How much oomph will your spells have, IE the amount of damage they can do, their size, etc.
Dexterity: Parrying physical attacks. Also used for acrobatics.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Carlissa

Shouldn't Intelligence be how smart your character is instead of how powerful his/her magic is?
"Damn kids doing work. Back in my day we worked 18 hours a day and still had time for 12 hours of fun before a solid 8 hours of sleep in 24 hours".

ShadowFox89

Well, I was trying to find a place for all the stats, without making one more important than the other. Intelligence would also be how smart your character is, yes. I could switch the roles of Spirit and Intelligence in regards to magic I guess.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

SweetRevenge

Inverting spirit with intelligence would work, but the problem is, intelligence would more define how hard cast spells could be. Because Natsu wasn't that smart but holy hell that kid has a lot of magic... Also, I viewed dexterity more at how well you can handle objects like swords, and how well/ fast you can aim/shoot with guns. Things require dexterous hands to accomplish and strength as actual physical strength. Oh yeah, and senses, I was more thinking it meant how well you could perceive things around you, both magically and physically. =/ Just my opinion >.>

ShadowFox89

Note that Revenge's character has extremely high Dexterity....... :P
Call me Shadow
My A/A

SweetRevenge

Not just that, but Annie's profile is a gunner-class mage. Her dexterity determines how good she's with guns. And hey, if strength will determine how good he is with a blade and not dexterity, I'm moving one of those S's >.>

ShadowFox89

I can make Dexterity how accurate you are with attacks in general. That should work.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

SargentToughie

I thought that Dexterity was just generally skill with weaponry in general, like what Revenge was saying. That's why I made it Ralena's highest statistic.
If you're reading my RPs from the outside and like my writing, feel free to drop me a line! I'm always looking for new, fun partners. :D
Ons and offs

AidenWhite

I'll just bump up a few of Lyuk's stats and make him an A-class fighter. I figure since he has 2 C stats, it'll all balanced out in the end.

EDIT: It is time for some ass to be kicked.
My Request Thread + info about me!
My O/O's ~ AidenWhite O/Os - UPDATED: 08/01/2024 (dd/mm/yyyy)
My availability for One on One's (Solos): Available! PM at your own risk.

SargentToughie

Ralena's spirit rating is basically her ultimate balancing factor, in that she's not going to be doing anything except punch you in the face until you fall over.
If you're reading my RPs from the outside and like my writing, feel free to drop me a line! I'm always looking for new, fun partners. :D
Ons and offs

SargentToughie

So whenever we get this RP started, since my character's first post will be her out on a job, does anybody want to be teamed up with her at the start?
Ons and offs

ShadowFox89

Alright, I'll move Dexterity to "general weapon and accuracy awesomeness". Sound fair?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

AidenWhite

SweetRevenge

As of right now, we are about 9-10 people, so probably 2 groups of 3 and one group of 4, 3 groups of 3 and one all alone, 5 groups of 2... Mix and match if need be. I think that we should try to revolve around 4 characters per group, but that will probably be corrected with extra characters from some who expressed multi-character interests... With 12 characters, we can easily make 3 groups of 4 or a group of 5, one of 4 and one of 3... >.> So many options.

I was personally having my character return to the guild from a job. The idea of a festival popped in my head, because we all know Fairy Tail does many of those XD But I think a festival would be best after the end of an arc =P

SargentToughie

Why don't we just put all the characters in a big pool, and then mix/match teams as the RP goes on?
Ons and offs

AidenWhite

Number the characters from 1 to 10 or however many there are and generate random teams.

After every mission we can mix and match, or do the same process.

ShadowFox89

Quote from: SargentToughie on June 08, 2013, 07:40:58 PM
Why don't we just put all the characters in a big pool, and then mix/match teams as the RP goes on?

That works for me.

And Revenge, what I meant about NPCs is that I can write up a story arc for us and write up the NPCs for it. But I would need someone else to actually run the stuff, because I have a hard time staying focused long enough. Blame the severe ADD.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

SweetRevenge

I have one simple question to you all. What would you want the thread named? I think Fairy Tail Revolution doesn't really cut it, personally. I'm also sure that name has already been used for a past Fairy Tail RP before somewhere on E. I'd begin by making the OOC + Character Sheets, where the first page would be reserved for character sheets and the rest OOC. Ca't do that without a confirmed thread name.

The problem is, no one really wants to run the NPC's. Which I understand, being one who doesn't want that want that role >.< Im no good at it, personally.

SargentToughie

I think we could go with a pretty simple name, something along the lines of "Fairy Tail: New Generation!" or something like that. I'unno.
Ons and offs

ShadowFox89

Quote from: SweetRevenge on June 08, 2013, 08:17:56 PMThe problem is, no one really wants to run the NPC's. Which I understand, being one who doesn't want that want that role >.< Im no good at it, personally.

Maybe if we took turns then. Or people volunteer to make mages for a Dark Guild, but we simply don't have the character of the same person in the same spot at the same time :P
Call me Shadow
My A/A

AidenWhite

We could highlight like 3 or 4 actual characters and the rest can RP NPCs then we can rotate.

Carlissa

Quote from: AidenWhite on June 08, 2013, 08:36:13 PM
We could highlight like 3 or 4 actual characters and the rest can RP NPCs then we can rotate.

Easy to say when you're on of the highlighted characters. :/

Not trying to sound mean or anything...
"Damn kids doing work. Back in my day we worked 18 hours a day and still had time for 12 hours of fun before a solid 8 hours of sleep in 24 hours".

SweetRevenge

One option is someone with a character in a different group acts for npc to another group? That could get a little confusing, I admit =/ But it's a solution nonetheless.

Mister Grimm

I've got all the things I need. It's the nature of my breed.
I'm independent, s m o o t h and confident.
Always in command with a graceful element and a tasteful compliment.
Do you know who I am?
I'm a deadly handsome man.

SweetRevenge

You were counted in the 10 players, just fill this in to make your character =J

[center][b][size=20pt]Full Name: Nickname, Age(16+ please) then Gender
Alias (A fancy name your character might be known by, usually gained with great renown. This ain't a nickname, but a name that has a meaning. Something that resembles your character in some way.), _ (D, C, B, A, or S.  ) Rank [/size][/b][/center]

[center][size=15pt][b]~ Physical Info ~[/b][/size][/center]

[left][img]http://image or description goes here[/img][/left]
[center][b]{Appearance}[/b]
(Appearance)

[b]{Tattoo}[/b]
(Where is your guild mark located)

[size=15pt][b]~ Mentality ~[/b][/size]

[b]{Personality}[/b]
(Personality)[/center]

[left][b]{Quirks}[/b][/left] [right][b]{Phobias}[/b][/right]
[left][color=#0E90AA][b]%[/b][/color] Quirk1[/left] [right]Fear1 [color=#6612B4][b]@[/b][/color][/right]
[left][color=#0E90AA][b]%[/b][/color] Quirk2[/left] [right](Opt.) Fear2 [color=#6612B4][b]@[/b][/color][/right]
[left][color=#0E90AA][b]%[/b][/color] Quirk3 (Opt.)[/left]

[center][size=15pt][b]~ Ability Statistics ~[/b][/size]

[center]
Strength:
Agility:
Speed:
Durability:
Senses:
Spirit:(Potency of Magic)
Intelligence:
Dexterity:(skill with objects, most notably weapons)
[/center]

[b]{Magic-Types}[/b]

Magic Type 1 ~ Magic Type 2 (Opt.) ~ Magic Type 3 (Opt.) ~ Magic Type 4 (Opt.)

[b]{Signature Spell}[/b]
[u]Spell Name[/u] - (Description)

[b]{Spell List}[/b]
~Spell-Type 1
~Spell-Type 2
~Spell-Type 3
~Spell-Type 4

(Copy for every spell, more can be approved as the story goes)
Name:
Type: (Melee, Fire, Thunder, Wind, etc) / (Defensive, offensive, passive)
Range:(close, mid and long rage)
Description: (Clear explanation as to what it does, both to the target and the caster. Spells take magic and will eventually put a strain on the user)
Class: (S, A, B, C, D, E, F)

[b]{Non-magic Skills}[/b]
[b]#[/b] Non-magic Skill1
[b]#[/b] Non-magic Skill2
[b]#[/b] Non-magic Skill3
[b]#[/b] Non-magic Skill4 (Opt.)

[size=15pt][b]~ Personal Background ~[/b][/size]

[b]{Biography}[/b]

(Biography)[/center]