WoW: Cataclysm. Can you wait? o3o

Started by Wolfy, July 03, 2010, 02:18:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zaer Darkwail

Finally got my collector's edition in mail and was able play Cata. Started in mountain Hyjal and so far annoying part been fellow gamers.....a 81 worgen rogue ganking along with druid in guest zone where was no Hyjal Warden guards. But very nice guests overall and nice part was; 'I know this is beneath you but can you go collect our wasted warden arrows?'

All talk to you like your mega big hero or something, and it kind of suits for folks who have done WotlK. But annoyed I amalready capped in guild Rep this week -_-

Bayushi

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on December 08, 2010, 11:45:09 PMAll talk to you like your mega big hero or something, and it kind of suits for folks who have done WotlK. But annoyed I amalready capped in guild Rep this week -_-

Don't feel so bad. I don't have ANY guild rep right now.

My guild disintegrated before I got my new PC (while I was off line after the old PC died), then the new PC experienced hardware failures.

So, I still haven't played much WoW. I missed 4.0.3 entirely. >.< No elemental invasion, nada.

But hey, I got my goblin tabard! Just haven't been able to earn any rep with it yet. /sigh wtb Runecloth turn ins back!

Here's hoping the replacement PC gets here on time tomorrow!

GryphonCompanion

I didn't even bother with the Elemental Invasion. I'm happily cruising in at 81.5 atm. My guildies are 83-85, staying up for two days straight in some cases. I told them hell no. Work, classes and writing come first :)
GCs O/Os
GCs A/As (Updated 12/14)
GCs Story Ideas

I have seen slower people than I am and more deliberate … and even quieter, and more listless, and lazier people than I am. But, they were dead.
- Mark Twain

Lyell

Someone should tell NPCs that ammo is no longer required.
When you absolutely, positively have to kill it with fire...accept no substitutes.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Lyell on December 09, 2010, 01:14:02 AM
Someone should tell NPCs that ammo is no longer required.

Indeed, I am glad for that change! Most my income was spent with my alt hunter for arrows :P.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on December 09, 2010, 01:25:15 AM
Indeed, I am glad for that change! Most my income was spent with my alt hunter for arrows :P.

Yeah but it killed my money maker on my pali..

First they ganked potion injectors..then ammo.. Engineers have no AH loving items.

Lyell

We've got those volatile air generators though, right? Gotta be worth something...maybe... Oh, who am I kidding? Being a pally engineer blows, and not in a pleasant way.
When you absolutely, positively have to kill it with fire...accept no substitutes.

Zaer Darkwail

Well, you can always get +12.5 gold with selling the hogs......also you get engineering pets and lots nice trinkets to your char. Palla with rocket boots rock in BG's. But it sucks for my rogue when they miss function. Dangerous oil leak blows my stealth off >_<

Callie Del Noire

That requires you to have the coin to make them, since you can't charge folks to buy the mats and build it for them (too many stupid engineers can simply make if for a 10g tip)

Zakharra

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on December 09, 2010, 04:28:26 AM
Well, you can always get +12.5 gold with selling the hogs......also you get engineering pets and lots nice trinkets to your char. Palla with rocket boots rock in BG's. But it sucks for my rogue when they miss function. Dangerous oil leak blows my stealth off >_<

Didn't they nerf the rocket boots in BGs?

Zaer Darkwail

When I played my rogue in 80 level BG before Cata launch they worked fine. Just occassion disfunctioned.

Saerrael

I'm lvl 83 o.o
And, no, I'm not grinding quests... I'm actually quite enjoying digging (archaeology) and managed to get the first guildachievement that way *laughs*
Tinkering with instances and a shadow/ disc spec (evangelism makes for an interesting rotation!) and managing my mp5 in Holy.... eer.. kinda.. somewhat.. *nod nods* Let's just say I'm no longer sitting down to drink after every group *blushes* I have the feeling Holy will be a lot about Haste/ Spirit balancing. Heal in chakra works, but it's so very slow and massive aoe dmg can mess that rotation up badly.

Oh god, I'm such a priest nerd ^^;;

Aiden

NERD!

I feel the same about shamans and warriors.  XD

Saerrael

*laughs*

Noticed the mp drain, Aiden? Just wondering if shamans have the same problems..

Aiden

I have been focusing on the warrior only, but shaman is second in line to play!

Callie Del Noire

I have noticed a great decrease in the drain of mana in Tankadins.. of course I also notice it can be harder to get agroo on groups starting off. (consecrate's longer cd is a pain at times)

Saerrael

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on December 09, 2010, 08:45:16 PM
I have noticed a great decrease in the drain of mana in Tankadins.. of course I also notice it can be harder to get agroo on groups starting off. (consecrate's longer cd is a pain at times)

Heard a bit here and there tankadin agro is messy/ low. Did see something too, but I normally aren't on the tank when on my priest. (position wise)

Quote from: Aiden on December 09, 2010, 08:43:51 PM
I have been focusing on the warrior only, but shaman is second in line to play!

*still needs to roll a belf warrior*

Callie Del Noire

It all depends on DPS disipline. If you got a guy who opens up with a massive AOE (or 4) before the pali's lighter AOEs make the rounds you can get a mess.

If you get a DPS who smacks down the main target for 3 to 5 seconds worth of Tank AoE, you'll never see any difference.

Saerrael

*nods*

But

I pulled agro as a Holy Priest. And I wasn't critting.

Could just have been a bad tank, of course, but I do see agro being... off. And not just the paladins.

How's the tankadin aoe thread with consecration being nerfed (CDwise)?

Callie Del Noire

Not TOO bad, but slower. You do consecrate (I have to think about when to do it.. I have 'missed' mobs), Holy Wrath, Avenging Shield when it procs and a such works pretty good.. it's just that initial slam that is a bit weaker now.

Saerrael

Hm, sounds like reinstatement of the 5 second rule is in order *grins*
Of course I'm only 83 at the moment, so I can't really tell. Both specs are still.. messy.
*might have to read up on Elitist Jerks*

Lyell

The iLVL requirement is making me want to piss in someone's Cheerios. I've had to give up Wrath purples that are marginally better than some of the Cata greens for the iLvL. I had my mastery, crit and haste perfectly balanced. Now my pally's DPS rotation's been shot to pieces!

Saerrael

Same, Lyell... My 264 gear was better balanced then these 300+ blues are.
And you have to discover the instance entrance. I really didn't find that funny for Throne >.>'

Callie Del Noire

Yeah.. still need to find the last two.. I'm half tempted to make a 'get in line' set for randoms then IMMEDIATELY slip into my T10 purples

Saerrael

My blues are actually better. The balance between the stats just isn't. Going back to ilvl 264 would make my job harder. I think I'm getting used to this 'set'.
And, what the fuck? I have over 300 stam on my pants.. As a clothy caster.. What are they planning for us poor clothies? D: