Pathfinder/3.5 DnD game using GUCK and BoEF

Started by Zaer Darkwail, July 06, 2010, 03:57:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGlyphstone

TheVillain

To me, I ended up removing a post because it felt kind of dickish. My bad.
My O/O's / My A/A's / My Ideas
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

TheGlyphstone

Ah, k.

I'll go toddle off and make a level 10 character then.

BenedictWolfe

Disclaimer: Yes, the background talks about places in Faerûn, but I'm sure there is something similar to Thar in Golarion. If the character is OK by the DM and if we get a few more females, I'll stay. Otherwise I'll step off to the side to give the other roleplayers some more space.

Name: Lao Dar
Race: Half-Ogre
Height: 8'2''
Weight: 600 lbs

Description: This enormous crossbreed stands 8 feet 2 inches tall and weighs in somewhere around 600 pounds. His build is heavily set with muscles, his shoulders are broad and his posture has a natural hunch to it, courtesy to a bull neck. Surprisingly, his hands are articulate and dexterous with long, nimble fingers. With a yellowish brown hide and black hair tied into tails behind and in front of his pointed ears, his eyes are a grayish yellow and radiate a guarded attentiveness. A slight beard grows along his jawline, chin and under his mouth.

He is dressed browns and grays, giving him a air of a wilderness wanderer. Leather pants and thick cloth tunic ward off the weather and quality boots protect his feet. A vest of plated leather is strapped across his torso and hangs down like a loincloth between his legs. On top of it all he wears a gray cloak, stained along its hem from contact with mud and dirt.

His equipment includes a shoulder slung bag, a chopper strapped to his belt and an enormous 9 foot greatbow that he always carries in his left hand. A quiver peeks out above his right shoulder, out of the side of his cloak.

Personality: In Lao is found the temperament associated with ogres and their half-breed offspring, a weakness to taunts and a madness that comes fast to the ranger. And yet, his upbringing has left him with a code that does not mesh with outbursts or thoughtless actions, a code he strives to upkeep even in his worst moments. That's not saying his born nature is all bad heritage; he has a thirst for companionship even as he shuns the civilized world, he feels compassion and knows mercy.
He comes across as an introverted man who nonetheless holds out a helping hand to those who needs it, even if it is sometimes with tight lips and a stiff back. He'll do what is necessary, but he doesn't need to like it.

Background: Born in the stable of the Peak & Crescent Inn in the town of Glister in the land of Thar, Lao's parentage was a problem from the moment he drew breath for the first time. The midwife who aided his mother Dis in delivering the baby spoke with her friends concerning the child that very night and by next morning most of Glister knew that the woman staying at the Peak & Crescent had had relations with an ogre; a socially condemning act in itself and doubly so in a town on the fringe of ogre territory. The young innkeeper, one Arl Tyldson, found himself faced with some very serious inquiries as to the standing of his establishment, but was bound by his word and couldn't evict a newly made mother and her child. But the decision was made for him by an angry and proud Dis, a woman warrior of the Ride, who took her babe and disappeared one night into the Galenas, not to be seen again for many years.

Dis, of tribe Dar, brought up her son alone in the mists of the Galena mountains, hunting food for herself with her bow and nursing the child as soon as she returned home. The damp and chill of that season would've meant the death of a human babe, especially in the untrained hands of a young warrior, but Lao's mixed blood gave him a fortitude scarcely shared by any human toddler. He pulled through and grew into his early youth under the tutelage of his mother who trained him in the techniques of the wild, the shooting of the bow and the stalking of prey. He became quite adapt early on and aided his mother in collecting furs she could sell in Glister three pr four times a year. A few times she even brought him along with her, but only for brief nocturnal visits, and even then his appearance sometimes lead to trouble.

It was around this time that Dis and Lao for the first time began to travel with other people around the countryside. The first time Dis succeeded in getting them hired as guards on a merchant train on the trail north-west to Ilinvur. Lao had never had so long been in the presence of other people and though they were hardly tolerant of his mixed blood. Still; he learned much from those days that he had not from living with his mother. It was soon after that they came across a band of orcs traveling east being lead by a human man. They observed them from a hidden position, yet were still found by a stranger who called himself Elkhound and bid them help him in bringing down the orcs and capturing the man. He said he was a "bloodhound" and that he had been commissioned to bring the man to justice. Dis and Lao were none too fond of orcs and readily agreed.

That night, the three archers brought down the orc camp's guards one by one until they could enter unhindered and slit the throats of its inhabitants. Unfortunately, one orc was late in falling asleep and raised the alarm, waking up the remainder of the camp. In the flickering light of the campfires the battle was joined and though they fought well and slew all the orcs, Dis was wounded gravely and once the silence had settled she quietly passed on, leaving Lao truly alone for the first time in his life. Almost, anyway. Elkhound was still there and though the human man had slipped away during the fight with the orcs, he stayed to help Lao bury his mother.

The following morning the two of the them set out on the trail of the man, Lao left with nothing else to do than help the Illuskan tracker from the North in bringing down his quarry. The hunt itself was uneventful, but served to create a bond between the two rangers and in Elkhound Lao found a teacher to instruct him in the more advanced arts of forest craft. He learned the skills of bowyering and fletching, improved his tracking techniques and became familiar with many of the stranger creatures of Faerûn, if only by word of mouth. The two traveled in each others' company for almost two years, tracking criminals and hunting the humanoids of Thar, until Elkhound was slain by an ogre mage deep in the moors. Though dealt a harsh blow once more, Lao did not give up his personal war against the brutes of that land, now having been given yet another reason to fight on.

He is not always found in Thar, however. It has happened that he's been called abroad by tracking, by commission or even by adventurers he's acquainted in Glister or along the roads. He bow is strong and not entirely unknown in the Vaasan cultures.

fallensaviour

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on July 10, 2010, 01:58:34 PM

We have summoner already and also conjurer.

actually...after i started thinking about it i was kinda leading towards a gnome pally...so unless you have a problem with that i can switch over to that and open up the summoner slot

Zaer Darkwail

We use 2d6+6 for appearance. So 12 it is. Also fallensaviour if you plan to hange to gnome pally it works also (we could get some 'tank' and comical relief in same package ;)). So summoner spot is open to someone if they want it.

TheVillain

Hey, 12 is above average man. Not much more, but more.
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

TheGlyphstone

Yeah, but 14 is more above average, so I was hopeful. ;D

On a related note..I've been playing 3.5 for a long time, and optimizing 3.5 characters for most of it. But Perform(Sexual Techniques) has to be the weirdest thing I've ever optimized. :o

Edit 2: Work-in-progress sheet: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=223093

RubySlippers

In GUCK its Sexual Prowess and is always a class skill.

And well a girl needs a hobby?  :-*

TheGlyphstone

I thought we were using the BoEF Perform rules, because GUCK is so ridiculously complicated? I skimmed over the first few paragraphs of that, and felt like I was going to have to compile a spreadsheet. BoEF has charts, which are easier to read and much more straightforward (as well as longer...under GUCK, the average character has to start making Constitution checks to keep going after 1-2 minutes of sex. ???

GUCK is also a .txt, which is harder to read than the PDF.

RubySlippers

They have fast and dirty rules.

And are you reading the newer rules for GUCK.

Must I add Zaer GUCK is FREE, the other isn't. Is it fair to use rules that not all players have access to?

TheGlyphstone

Probably not. The one I was reading was a .txt file that didn't even contain the words 'Sexual Prowess', or feats. It seemed entirely concerned with how likely you were to get pregnant, lots of dirty spells, and a huge critical hit table to represent men getting hit in the crotch. Plus a very complicated system of counting in rounds based on your physical stats to determine how long you could have sex for (Str, Cha, Con, and Dex were all important in varying degrees). Do you have a link to the new one?

And BoEF is free too...technically. *wink wink nudge nudge* Besides, limiting our rules to only things everyone has guaranteed access to is basically a restriction to the SRD, which is boring.

RubySlippers

http://carnal.orfinlir.de/

New and Improved GUCK, and there is a simple version for sex I usually just take ten and assume a partner (partners) and my character have a good time unless I want to get more technical.  ;D

Its a PDF also.

TheGlyphstone

That's much better than the .txt version. I suppose it'll work as a general baseline, assuming some intercompatibility with BoEF for items/spells and the like - though it's sad that under GUCK, my character can go for 14 minutes before making saves to continue, while BoEF let him keep it up for 3 hours at minimum). The simplified rules are good too (though my bard is apparently handing out Religous Experiences on a regular basis ;D).

EDIT: Correction..I found the Quick Recovery sex trick. Taking 10 lets me make the DC35 check automatically, so I guess he's an unstoppable woman-pleasing machine..

Ixy

I've added background and brief description, modified abilities to be Sexual Prowess rather than the others I was using, and added Sexual Tricks.   Wow... looks like fun :) 
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=222861

I still need spells and 1 more feat.  I'd like a fun one or two, so if anyone has suggestions, I'd appreciate it!

RubySlippers

Endurance, so you can keep going and going and going before passing out might be good.  ;D

TheGlyphstone

The BoEF statboosting feats* are fun, though if we're using GUCK for duration checks, they'll need to be modified.

*There's one for each stat, including Appearance - after 20 minutes of sex, you get a +2 enhancement bonus for 24 hours. Each can be taken up to 3 times, adding a cumulative +2 but requiring another 20 minutes. Unfortunately, it's basically impossible to go for an hour straight with GUCK, so hopefully Zaer cuts down the time required...maybe  5 or 10 minutes per?

If you don't have Endurance, though, that'd probably be a better pick. Depends if you want the flavorful aspect of going longer, or the mechanical boost for afterwards when we go kick some monster ass.

ulthakptah

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs50/f/2009/324/9/8/Garrett_the_Thief_by_doubleleaf.jpg
Albin Moreau
5'11" 183 lbs. Amber eyes, with Brown hair that's short and tidy
Neutral Evil, Human, Male, Rogue 6/Assassin 4, Hp 69, AC 19, Touch 13, Flatfooted 16

STR 18 +4
DEX 17 +3
CON 14 +2
INT 18 +4
WIS 12 +1
CHA 13 +1
APP 15 +2

Base +7/2 Fort +3 Ref +7 Will +3

Skills: Acrobatics 10, Appraise 5, Bluff 10, Disable Device 10, Disguise 10, Fly 5, Intimidate 5, Perception 10, Sexual Prowess 10, Sense Motive 10, Sleight of Hand 10, Stealth 10, Use Magic Device 5

Skill Tricks:Hidden Blade, Acrobatic Backstab, Opening Tap

Sexual Tricks: Powerful Lover, Creative Lover, Dexterous Lover, Intuitive Lover, Forceful Lover, Quick Recovery, Sexual Expertise, Stunning Pleasure, Intense Lover, Coordinated Lover

Language: Common, Undercommon, Draconic, Sylvan

Traits: Armor Expert, Stealthy Escape

Class Features: Rogue Talents; Bleeding Attack, Fast Stealth, Trap Spotter, Sneak attack +5d6, trapfinding, Evasion, trap sense +2, Uncanny dodge, Improved Uncanny Dodge, Death Attack, Poison Use, Save Bonus against Poison +2, Hidden Weapons, True Death

Feats: Improved Unarmed Strike, Deflect Arrows, Quick Draw, Two-Weapon Fighting, Improved Two-Weapon Fighting, Double Slice,

GUCK feats: Control Hornyness, Horny Blast, Arousing Sneak Attack

Weapons: Crossbow, hand (20) 1d4 19–20/x2 30 ft. , Rapier 1d6 18–20/x2, +1 Adamantine dagger 1d4 19-20 x2 10 ft. , Daggersx3 1d4 19–20/x2 10 ft. , Sap 1d6 x2 nonlethal, Boot Bladex2 1d4 19–20/×2, elbow Bladex2 1d4 ×3, Knee Bladex2 1d6 19–20/×2 sleeve Bladex2 1d4 19–20/×2

Worn: +1 Mithral Breastplate +6, max dex +5, check -1, Hat of Disguise, Goggles of Minute Seeing, Eyes of the Eagle, Cloak of the Bat, Explorer’s Outfit (Lead Lining), Ring of Prowess, Ring of Sustenance, Boots of Striding and Springing

Items: Handy Haversack, Goggles of Voyeurism, Chain (10 ft.), Crowbar, Flint and steel, Grappling hook, Lantern, bullseye (Oil 3 pints ), Manacles, masterwork, Mirror, small steel, Rope, silk (50 ft.), Sackx2, mk Thieves’ tools

GP:615.5

Skystomp

So... is there room for one more? Looking for a decent D&D/Pathfinder game.

However, my concepts tend towards the unusual and leave people feeling cold because they go against set trends.

Human/half elf Ranger from out of the Dutchy of Alkenstar who uses a Rifle instead of a Bow and has a T-Rex as a partner.
or
Human Necromancer out of Osirion.
The only way you fail, is by not trying.
Linkara "I read it and I wish I hadn't!"

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: ulthakptah on July 10, 2010, 09:19:51 PM

Neutral Evil, Human, Male, Rouge 6/Assassin 4, Hp 63, AC 19, Touch 13, Flatfooted 16

If ever there was an appropriate time for this typo to rear its ugly head, now is it. ;D

ulthakptah

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on July 10, 2010, 09:48:20 PM
If ever there was an appropriate time for this typo to rear its ugly head, now is it. ;D
Thanks for pointing that out I'm real bad at spelling, it's fixed now

TheGlyphstone

I only pointed it out for the humor value, not any comment on your spelling.  ^-^

TheVillain

Arg, main PC not so fixed after all.

Screw it, got a quick errand to run then I'll start making Jakk's sheet with what I can improvise.