One Last Time

Started by Snowangel, May 12, 2012, 02:24:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snowangel

Rayme looked at her bank account one more time then looked at her roommate. "I don't know how we're going to make rent next month," She said said the distress clear in her voice.
If you were the winter, I know I'd be the snow
Just as long as you were with me, when the cold winds blow.

Oath of the Drake
O/O's

Push the button!!!

Tsumi Okazaki

Saeko froze. Going back to the dorm wasn't an option. Not only had their rooms been most likely filled, but the people there were complete tards. Fumbling around for a solution she begins grasping at straws. "Can we ask the Landlord for an extension? Would he have a problem if we are just a little late?"

Saeko truly didn't wish to be booted out but at this point it was to late to cut corners in order to save the money. They would have to get by this month and hope for the best, then they could focus on reducing the cost.
She thought about calling her folks for some cash but the tensions at home would make that a certain no. "What are we going to do?" she asked softly.

Snowangel

"Well we do have that one room," She reminded her roommate. They had got a really nice two bed room apartment for relatively cheap rent until their previous landlord died. Now his son own the apartment building and was apparently trying to squeeze it dry. The room that Rayme had mentioned was suppose to be a laundry room but the washer and dryer didn't come with the apartment. Rayme being to cheap to put up funds, that she now didn't have, to purchase new ones had opted for going to laundromats. "We could probably make it into a room and get another roommate," She said going over to the room in question. "It doesn't look to bad," She looked at her roommate, "What do you think?" 

Oath of the Drake
O/O's

Push the button!!!

DarkNevaeh

Damien sighed as he checked the time.  He hated this.  The dorms were cheap but horrendous and he'd been suffering them for the last couple of years.  But no more.  He needed out.  His roommate was horrible, smelled like he hadn't bathed in weeks and spent a lot of his time getting high.  Damien shook his head as he turned to the bulletin board once more.  His paper where he was looking for a place with better roommates was already up from last week but no one had taken any numbers, and there was no one else who seemed to need a roommate.  Damien sighed and began walking back toward the dorm.

Hopefully something picked up soon...

Tsumi Okazaki

Saeko shifted slightly. A new roomie would would certainly make things easier, but what if they got someone completely unbareable? She knew they would be stuck with them for some time. Saeko was fully immersed in college, so couldn't go out and get a job. And she knew her room mate was most likely in the same situation.

With a sigh she nods and says "That would be the quickest way to solve this." Looking at her roommate she said "But who?"

Snowangel

"Um.. Well I could make some flyers and post them around campus," Rayme said looking as the time. "I have an hour before my next class, I could do it now." She looked back at her roommate. Even though they have lived together for months she hardly knew anything about her roommate. It was very unlike Rayme not to at least be good friends with someone she sees almost everyday and night. She had just been so consumed in her new relationship and new courses that she neglected to get to know her roommate. "We could hold interviews so we don't have to live with someone that we don't get along with," She told Saeko.

Oath of the Drake
O/O's

Push the button!!!

Tsumi Okazaki

Her roommate's last comment made her laugh "Yes, that will work out well. Have you ever seen Parental Control?" she said reffering to a dating show in which the parents, unapproving of their child's jerk of a partner, held interviews to find two canidates that each of them liked. One for the mother and one for the father. Then they had the child go out on a date  with each while it was filmed and made the current boyfriend or girlfriend watch the date live with them. Then the child picked their partner and the losers left.

"These things usually end badly." she said refering to the interview process and the fact that some were complete characters. "And if we do hold them it CERTAINLY wont be here!" she said, feigning wide eyed horror at her Rayme. "What if they try to come back after hours!"

Snowangel

"Oh, I didn't even think of that," She told Saeko. Now she was at a loss of what to do. "What do you suggest?" She asked now concerned about night time visitors. She had started to make a roommate wanted poster but stopped and gave Saeko her full attention.

Oath of the Drake
O/O's

Push the button!!!

DarkNevaeh

Damien made a detour before heading back toward the dorms.  There was one more spot with bulletin boards and that was the Student Union, a place where students went to hang out between classes, usually for the small mass of resturaunts they had.  His stomach was rumbling unhappily and he decided that checking the boards there while grabbing some grub would be a good idea..  Off he went, checking his cell phone, hoping she didn't call or text him.

Tsumi Okazaki

Turning her mind fully to the problem she says "Well.... we could still do interviews with people. Have anyone that was interested just meet us somewhere we felt safer on a day that we were both out of class." Slowly mulling the problem over, she chewed her bottom lip. "There is the college library. Its completely empty every I go there." She thought for a few minutes more and realized that even with just fliers out, they would have to meet with the person eventually.

Sighing she said "Yeah.... Guess an interview is the best way...." But with this they could find ground that was important between the three of them and know what was to be expected. "Yeah we go with your idea. Make a flyer then post it on the board with the interview location. We will stay between such and such hours." nodding to herself she said "If we approve of them then we can always bring them back here and show them the place."

Snowangel

"Awesome," She said now excited. "We could do the interviews at The Grind," She told her. Seeing that her roommate had no idea what she was talking about she explained. "It's a coffee shop I always stop by on my way to class," really excited now she continued, "It's perfect because its right by the bulletin boards and it's public so we wont get kidnapped." Almost finished with the flyer she told Saeko, "I'll just put my cell number on it and we can scheduled accordingly." "Well I've got to get to class soon so," she went to the printer and retrieved the copy she mad and handed it to her. "What do you think?"

Oath of the Drake
O/O's

Push the button!!!

Tsumi Okazaki

She looked over the flyer and nodded grinning like a cat that had just found a new toy "Yep! That'll do it." Smirking evilly she said, "Sure you don't want to add anything? Like, 'Hottie in need of new boy toy. Current one broken'?" she laughed at her own joke then ushered her friend out the door agreeing to meet her at The Grind on the designated time, then turned around and hit the books once more.

DarkNevaeh

Damien was hanging out at the Grind, sipping on some iced tea.  He checked over the boards and sighed again, shaking his head.  Nothing, nada.  He sat down near them and sipped his tea, nibbling on a cookie.  He checked his phone and sighed as it buzzed in his hands.  She was texting him again.  He set the phone down a little hard and ignored it, but the buzzing continued.  She was just not letting up, was she?

Snowangel

Driving to campus Rayme wished that Saeko hadn't mentioned her boyfriend. She hadn't even revived a text from him since she declined his invitation to a party the previous weekend and today was Tuesday. Sighing she pulled into a copy place and made 15 copies of the flyer. She decided that she would put the flyers up after class because think about what a jerk her boyfriend had been lately made her depressed. Coffee and cookies would be the perfect cure. Walking into her favorite coffee shop, that she found her freshman year, Rayme noticed him immediately. She had noticed him around a few times and he was a frequent visitor in her favorite dreams. Something about his thoughtful gray eyes just made her just want to... 'Oh crap' she thought to herself. 'I've been staring for way too long,' She blushed horribly. Hoping he didn't notice she made a b line for the counter. Ordering her usual with a cookie and handing the barista the flyer she made, she picked a table and waited for her order.

Oath of the Drake
O/O's

Push the button!!!

DarkNevaeh

Damien finally grabbed his phone and texted her back.  He was really getting sick of this.  It was over, didn't she see that?  He reached for his drink...and realized it was empty.  He blinked nad shook his head and went to the counter.  "Hey sweetheart," he said kindly with a smile to the barista.  "Can I get a refill please?  Thanks."  He paid and waited for his tea to refill, looking down at the paper on the counter as he did.  'Roommate needed' it said.  Damien smiled wide.  Finally!  He pulled out his cell phone, ignored the new text and quickly dialed the number.  Thanking the barista for his drink, he went back to the table and waited for the phone to ring.

Snowangel

Munching contently on her double chocolate, she felt her phone vibrate. For a fleeting moment she thought it might be her boyfriend but she pushed it out of her head. "Hello?" she ask tentatively because she didn't recognize the number. 

Oath of the Drake
O/O's

Push the button!!!

DarkNevaeh

From across the dining room, his voice could be heard as well as on the phone.  "Hello?  Hi, my name is Damien and i was wondering about the room for rent?"  His back was turned to her so he didn't realize who he was talking to.  "I saw your flyer at the Grind."

Snowangel

Seeing as the only flier that she had past out was at the Grind she knew he wasn't lying. Rayme looked at the counter and saw someone standing near it. "You wouldn't happen to be at the Grind at this moment would you?" She asked making her way to the counter.

Oath of the Drake
O/O's

Push the button!!!

DarkNevaeh

Damien blinked and turned around, watching a girl walk up to the counter on her phone.  "Why, yes I would be actually...just not standing at the counter."  He smiles and waves from his table as he stands up.  "And your name might be?"

Snowangel

Clicking her phone shut, she approached the table of Mr. Gray eyes himself. Her day was starting to look up. "Hi, I'm Rayme St.James," She said giving him her biggest smile. "And you are?"

Oath of the Drake
O/O's

Push the button!!!

DarkNevaeh

Damien stands and smiles right back, offering his hand to shake.  "Damien Guerrera.  It is very nice to meet you, Miss St. James.  Would you like to join me?  I've still got half a double chocolate chip cookie left." 

Snowangel

"Rayme," She said shaking his hand. "You can call me Rayme," she felt a pang of longing as she caught a gimps of the clock. "Trust me when I say that I would love nothing more that to share that cookie with you but if I don't get a move on I'm going to be late for class," She said as she grabed one of the fliers out of her bag. "This already has my number on it and here," She penned out her roommates number, "is my roommates number. Give her a call and set a time for you two to meet." Swinging her bag back over her shoulder she gave the cookie along with the gorgeous man one last look and said, "It was nice meeting you."

On her way to class she called her roommate and filled her in but left out the part where she all but fawned over him. Not needing the teasing that was sure to come if she did.   

Oath of the Drake
O/O's

Push the button!!!

DarkNevaeh

Damien watched her leave with a smile.  He looked at the flier in his hands and the two numbers on it and relaxed finally.  "Finally..." he said to no one in particular.  He picked up his cell phone and dialed the now penned in number.

"Hello?" he said when the other line picked up.  "Is this the roommate of Miss Rayme St. James?  I was told to call and set up an appointment I guess>  Concerning the apartment?"

Tsumi Okazaki

"Oh?" she said over the phone as she lay sprawled across the bed over her books. Her feet in the air and crossed at the ankles, bobbing back and forth as she spoke. The fact that Rayme was calling her over the first applicant she had met instead of waiting for her to meet him at the interview told Saeko more than she realized.

"So I'm assuming you already saved his number to your speed dial?" she said, the humor clear in her voice as she rocked side to side conspiritorially. "Make sure you call me if you get the need to skip class!" Grinning she hung up with the woman and looked at her books then her phone. She really needed to finish her work, but if Rayme was interested in the man even in the slightest then it was probably worth checking out.

Flipping open her phone she dialed his number.

DarkNevaeh

As he moved to dial the phone, it buzzed in his hand, alerting him to a phone call.  Assuming at first that it was her, he was about to answer the phone in frustration...when he realized it was the same number that now penned on his flier.  He smiled and answered the phone.  "Hello?  Are you Miss Rayme St. James' roommate?  I was going to call you to set up an appointment."