Brave New World Small group

Started by DarkAngel111, March 18, 2014, 03:10:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aiden

I'm interested.

Any chance I could have an ex-con who escaped from a nearby(ish) prison after the infection took the place down? Or maybe this prison became a temporary haven, but it was run by various factions/gangs, the first to go where the guards. Within those few years, supplied dwindled and gang warfare erupted for the remaining resources. Infection spread, some of those gangs went looting but in time the prison was abandoned or perhaps still there for whoever can hold it?

Got to play this guy, you know, cuz Machetes.

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: Aiden on March 19, 2014, 03:30:52 PM
I'm interested.

Any chance I could have an ex-con who escaped from a nearby(ish) prison after the infection took the place down? Or maybe this prison became a temporary haven, but it was run by various factions/gangs, the first to go where the guards. Within those few years, supplied dwindled and gang warfare erupted for the remaining resources. Infection spread, some of those gangs went looting but in time the prison was abandoned or perhaps still there for whoever can hold it?

Got to play this guy, you know, cuz Machetes.

Have I told you recently how much I fucking love you? xD You HAD to use Machete for the pic. xD
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

Aiden

DarkAngel111

Aiden I will need your character's detailed profile. I am a little cautious of ex cons haha
maybe we can see how he fits in?, the group would not accept a excon although I will consider it depending on the crime he has committed his behavior after things changed.

Although if it doesn't work out you are always welcome to make a new character.

Bloodied Porcelain

Not to be a pest, but how are you deciding what the group would and wouldn't accept if you don't even have most of the character sheets yet? >.> Is the group going to vote on things like that, or is one character going to call all the shots?
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

Aiden

Obviously he would not tell the group he was an ex-con.

I was thinking a lifer, follower of the convict code. Was in the penitentiary long before the outbreak and was not gonna leave alive.

He was no saint either, I am thinking he was big in the 80's during the reigning era of the Cocaine days. He has his hands soiled with blood, but he was not a low life. Didn't kill woman/children, no cops, etc.

In prison he was a "veteran" respected by many, but once the outbreak happens, that system went down. So yea, he killed a few guys from his own gang but in the end he had to leave or be killed by these new "inmates" who were more animals than the walking dead.

Once he got out, he said he was just a factory worker/machinist, one of the trades he would have picked up in the prison before the outbreak.

RainyHigh

Name: Malini Pandit

Profession: Computer Retail

Skills:
Resourcefulness, she is an average hunter and tracker (maybe below average, her hunting is a bit lazy i.e. sits on a high rock or tree and wait).
Not a perfect shot (with the bow) but she gets the job done within 40 to 50 feet.
Scavenger is good about being thorough in her searches and scouting out neighborhoods.
Good at making up home remedies for minor sicknesses.

Personality:
Malini is a glass half-full kind of girl.
A bit rough around the edges, but she is loyal.
She has a sick sense of humor.

Weapons:
Machete,
Hunting Bow,
11 arrows (four homemade, 7 original pack),
Quiver.
Has a hunting knife inside boot.

Weakness:
Can sometimes be inconsiderate of others, since she focuses on her own survival.
She is bossy at times and a bit stingy when it comes to bartering.

Fears:
Being eaten alive.
Getting tetanus, salmonella or some other kind of disease/injury.
No doctors around has made her a bit of a hypochondriac.
Has a fear of heights.

History:
Malini was a partier before shit hit the fan. She loved to drink, and drink, and drink some more. So much that she had to start going to AA meetings after she busted a glass beer mug over a pervert's head. She also went through counseling and found out that she has Manic Depressive order. She refused medication, went the natural route, doing lots of meditation, and took up tai chi at the local community college.

Being from a poor Pakistani family, Malini did not have much money given to her for college (she had none) so instead she went to community college for computer technology. That did not last too long as her father had too many medical problems and her baby brother needed to be cared for. 

At the age of 24, the dead began to rise. Over the past four years, Malini has lost her father and her baby brother. Her father died from his medical problems and her baby brother was killed in a car crash (escaping walkers). Malini has been wondering from group to group trying to survive each day. 

For fun, Malini reads books; she tries to keep one on her person, trading them out when she can. Other than that, she makes medicines to keep her hands and mind busy. She still practices tai chi every sunrise to maintain her mental health. 

Malini has a large backpack she always has on her person filled with a change of clothes, a solar powered flashlight, two books, topical salves, band-aids, toothbrush, floss, tampons, brush, and an old plastic bottle, which she refilled with water (it is for emergency only). 

Her current outfit is dark green cargo pants, black ripped tee shirt, black leather vest, blue suede boots, a makeshift leather tie for her machete, her bow and arrows, and sunglasses.
Rainy's Ons and Offs
Currently not open for solo stories

DarkAngel111

Quote from: Aiden on March 19, 2014, 03:51:32 PM
Obviously he would not tell the group he was an ex-con.

I was thinking a lifer, follower of the convict code. Was in the penitentiary long before the outbreak and was not gonna leave alive.

He was no saint either, I am thinking he was big in the 80's during the reigning era of the Cocaine days. He has his hands soiled with blood, but he was not a low life. Didn't kill woman/children, no cops, etc.

In prison he was a "veteran" respected by many, but once the outbreak happens, that system went down. So yea, he killed a few guys from his own gang but in the end he had to leave or be killed by these new "inmates" who were more animals than the walking dead.

Once he got out, he said he was just a factory worker/machinist, one of the trades he would have picked up in the prison before the outbreak.

That is why I wanted your full character sheet. :)

I am not going to call all the shots, but It will be a sensible thing or one that makes sense. If he hides his true self from the group that is a different story. And if over the course it does come out, it will depend on the reputation he has managed to build within the group.

Although as a GM, I do have a right to accept or deny characters. there is a certain flow I would like going. While this is not a system game, it is still controlled and not completely free form, as the story is leading towards the group building a strong hold where they set rules which will allow people to live without fear.

Bloodied Porcelain

Obviously I didn't mean to imply you don't get to accept or deny characters as you see fit, I was just curious if perhaps there was some discussion or set up of group plans I missed somewhere in the thread. :)

DarkAngel111

as of yet there is no set way of deciding who stays or leaves. We need atleast 10 character sheets before we decide on it. Although the idea is of having regular people join in. Not Ex Army and such.

Its easy to survive if you have a strong group to take over. But its a completely different challenge to have a bunch of people with insecurities and weaknesses fill in for each other. if you get my drift?. Everyone will have secrets, there are no open books in real life and there will be none in the game.

My character Lies about being a Cop just so he could gain trust of the people easily. clearly he is dressed up in a Riot outfit and its more believable.

Although I am still branching out on how the 10 come together. One by one? or some of them are from a same group ?

Bloodied Porcelain

I'm still tossing ideas around in my head... each of them brings a different thing (and different amount of that thing) to the table.

One is a country/farm girl who grew up hunting and fishing and knows how to catch/kill, dress, and cook just about anything. She's also pretty well versed in agriculture.

Another is a girl who was a college student when the world ended... was there on a full athletic scholarship. She'd be the scavenging, in-and-out type... the one who send to retrieve something quickly and quietly... and her over all natural athleticism lends itself to just about anything else if she's taught.

The other is a girl who was young when the world went to hell... her grandfather was a survivalist nut who was convinced that the end of the world was imminent and had spent years stocking an old cold war bunker on his property, so when the world went to shit, the family retreated to the bunker and spent just over two years there, and only finally emerged when the last of their supplies ran out a few months before the game begins. She's not been in the world long so she's not super useful, but young and healthy and smart... probably spent a little too much time learning various survival tips from her grandfather... can tie just about any type of knot necessary, knows a lot of misc nature facts if she needs to survive in the middle of nowhere, etc. >.>

DarkAngel111

hmm those are interesting characters all would fit in well with out game I would say.

If you can't reach a conclusion well we can discuss them :) And see what the group needs

RainyHigh

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on March 19, 2014, 04:36:08 PM
I'm still tossing ideas around in my head... each of them brings a different thing (and different amount of that thing) to the table.

One is a country/farm girl who grew up hunting and fishing and knows how to catch/kill, dress, and cook just about anything. She's also pretty well versed in agriculture.

Another is a girl who was a college student when the world ended... was there on a full athletic scholarship. She'd be the scavenging, in-and-out type... the one who send to retrieve something quickly and quietly... and her over all natural athleticism lends itself to just about anything else if she's taught.

The other is a girl who was young when the world went to hell... her grandfather was a survivalist nut who was convinced that the end of the world was imminent and had spent years stocking an old cold war bunker on his property, so when the world went to shit, the family retreated to the bunker and spent just over two years there, and only finally emerged when the last of their supplies ran out a few months before the game begins. She's not been in the world long so she's not super useful, but young and healthy and smart... probably spent a little too much time learning various survival tips from her grandfather... can tie just about any type of knot necessary, knows a lot of misc nature facts if she needs to survive in the middle of nowhere, etc. >.>

All three sound pretty awesome. To be stingy as another character in the group, the awesome cook sounds so appealing.
Rainy's Ons and Offs

FetzerDelRayne

Sam Jones would most likely actually connect most with the third one because he was only lightly fed information via YouTube before things went to hell, so she would know things he didn't, and he would know better how to apply the things she knew.

Bloodied Porcelain

I'm working on a sheet now. I'm combining the first and third ideas. I should have it done soon, depending upon how long her history takes me to finish.

scribus1000

I'm interested in this too now, going to keep an eye on this topic.
I have taken the Oath of the Drake for Group RPs.
My Ons & Offs (Updated 6/3/2022) and Ideas are here.

The Peak Elliquiy Experience™:
Quote from: roulette on March 15, 2014, 06:59:18 PM"What? Ewww... Well, maybe... actually." -adds to own O&Os-

DarkAngel111

I am in love with the character already! :)

Skye is exactly the kind of person we need in this game. She is probably at the top of the list to get selected. :)

On a different note why don't we discuss what we should do about the relationship of the survivors with each other.

I was thinking maybe some joined by themselves others were in pairs or more?.

It would give the game a little more twist, say two characters who trust each other more than the rest of the group. Everyone has seen betrayal. So no one wants to take anything for granted. At least not in the beginning, A few close calls, a few hard decisions, everyone starts to band together.

So we will need connections, you choose whether you want your character to be with some one already when they join the rest or you want them to join by themselves.

Anyone who wishes to join James before they form a group should PM me :). we already have around 4-5 characters I think? A couple more on the way?.

Bloodied Porcelain

I've been discussion connections with Aiden between Skye and his guy should he get approved. :)

FetzerDelRayne

Totally in love with skye too...Makes me want to revamp Sam.  As far as entering a group, or how the group finds each other.  While Sam has found and built his little hideaway, that doesn't guarantee that it stays hidden, or safe.  In this world it's only one mistake that's needed to be found.  He could be wandering.  After all, that's how he has survived before making a home, keep moving or start dying.  Skye and Aiden's ex-con could wander through his area.  Maybe get in trouble, and Sam puts an arrow through a walker to help them.  Maybe they stop at his waterfall to drink, and run into a group drawn by the noise?  Sam, being a nerd, would definitely feel SOMETHING was wrong with Aiden's character, or at the very least would be extremely intimidated.  The looks, the tats, and the overall Aura you have to have in prison to survive is something Sam would be very aware of.  Not that he would hate the guy, but he'd be meek around him.

Malini would represent that girl that Sam could never approach before the end, but would have the biggest crush on, even finding reasons to go to her store a couple times a week had he ever seen her.  Now in the end, he'd be much the same way, likes her, but can't find a way to approach.

James would represent both the 'cool guy cop' that Sam always wanted to be, and with his gang history, the type of guy he always hated as well.  Although, if they get past introductions, I thinks Sam has a good chance to connect with each in his own way.  I'm super excited.  Hope I get accepted.

DarkAngel111

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on March 20, 2014, 04:20:18 PM
I've been discussion connections with Aiden between Skye and his guy should he get approved. :)

he should get approved, as soon as he posts a character sheet.

Sam is approved aswell. So would Malini, For now since we only have 5-6 people in the group. We cannot start off yet. Although we do require a couple more female characters.

DarkAngel111

Edited the first post to add some more details on Available weapons for the group etc. Will add more detail soon.

Bloodied Porcelain

It might not be a bad idea to let people start getting things together and posting IC, starting off before the group meets up... You don't want to wait too long for new characters or people will lose steam.

DarkAngel111

I realize that, but atleast 2 more profiles are needed.
So far we have 2 females. 2 more pending and atleast one more profile needed which will be a temp character for the first few posts.
I will give it a couple of days before starting IC thread.

RainyHigh

Quote from: DarkAngel111 on March 20, 2014, 11:21:44 PM
So would Malini, For now since we only have 5-6 people in the group.

Hey if there is something I could improve on or if you have suggestions for things you want me to change let me know.
Rainy's Ons and Offs

GnothiSeauton

Name:  Sarah Shaw

Profession:  Sale Associate at Walmart, former Surgeon

Skills:  Doctor, Experienced Surgeon

Personality:  Quiet.  Reserved.  Able to be friendly and approachable, but keeps to herself.

Weapons:  .357 Magnum Revolver.  Scalpel.  Small pocket knife.

Weaknesses:  Lack of hunting skills.  Poor accuracy with firearms.  Addiction (pain killers, prescription drugs). 

Fears:  Being alone.  Being trapped.  Having to rely on herself.  Finding pain killers and other drugs and being unable to resist temptation.  Relapsing.

History:  Life had not always been easy for Sarah.  Somewhat normal childhood, good grades in school, went to medical school on scholarship and student loans.  It had been her one passion in life, to help save lives and be closer to the magic which was life.  She moved to New York, found a husband, and was steadily becoming one of the city's best surgeons to go to.

But all it took was one accident, one fateful car accident, which changed her life changed for the worse.  It had been easy to see the lure and power of the opiates prescribed to her.  They had been soothing, comforting in a way nothing else had.  The warmth it provided, the escape from the stresses and pain of her job, dealing so closely with life and death, was enticing, captivating to her mind.  Even after the pain of her accident went away, when the broken bones began to heal and her mind clear, the opiates remained. 

For a while she hid it well, masking the effects of the drugs as nothing more than fatigue and stress from her job.  It had been her little secret, a small stash of pills and drugs she easily could get from her job.  Yet, as well as she hid it, with one misstep, it all came crashing down.

When her addiction was discovered, it had meant the end of her career.  With it coming to light of how she could get the pills so easily, it was quickly ended with the revoking of her medical license.  All around her, the world of happiness she had built came crashing down.  There were no pills to dull the pain of being abandoned by her husband.  There wasn't a stash to help cope with the loss of her friends, the people who began to view her like some sort of social plague, a tainted presence which could and would raise questions if another doctor friend had been seen with her.

It was only with the grace and generosity of her father that she was able to get her life back in order.  Put into a rehab clinic, she tried her best to get clean, and clean did she become.  Back to the small town Sarah grew up in she went, using what money she had saved to try and start a new life.  A small house of her own.  A job as a sales associate at the local Walmart.  It had seemed, for the first time in a long time, that Sarah was finally getting a grip on her life.

And then the outbreak.  What progress she had made on getting her life back on track and making herself the way she had used to be before the drugs was quickly put on hold.  When the outbreak began, she grabbed what she could place into the shoulder bag she carries with her everywhere, along with the gun she was given by her father for self protection.  Where she's going, she doesn't really know.  Anywhere seemed better than where she was.
If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories