Digimon: Digital Champions Group RP! Seeking 1M, 1F and several Digimon!

Started by Vergil Tanner, June 07, 2016, 03:18:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynnie

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on June 08, 2016, 04:11:16 PM
Ok, so, interesting choice...but obviously, all choices need to be approved by me to be final, so...he can teach her to come out of her shell and stop living in fantasy...what might he learn from her? And how do you see their personalities both complimenting and contrasting each other?

Also, remember that these Digimon don't start at Champion Level - which is what Sorcerimon is - they start at Trainee level, so she wouldn't be starting out with Sorcerimon, nor would he be her Digimon's "Final Form."

Also also, don't take for red that the other person will definitely get through...they still need to be approved by moi. :P

So her Digimon will get her to come out of her shell and see that humans aren't so bad. She teaches her Digimon that sometimes fantasy is just a way to work through things. Also working together they teach one another how to trust in others and just how easy it is to be a true friend.

I know just couldn't find the trainiee level verison of him >>

pendarious

lets see...what could he and his digimon teach eachother? hmmm.......based on the personality I'm imagining the digimon would teach him to have more faith in both himself and the people around him while he teaches his digimon to be more skeptical of others so I guess one would help the other grow as a person while the other slowly gets over a sense of naivity or something like that. I've admittedly never tried partnering a character with a complimenting digimon before....so this is a bit harder than I expected....
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

Lynnie

Adding that i figured out the evolution track >.> Pagumon is the start

Vergil Tanner

Quote from: Vergil1989 on June 08, 2016, 04:16:01 PM
Exactly.  ;D  Glad one of us could put it into words since I was having trouble doing so lol.  But yeah, the whole ying yang mentality.  ;D

Ok, so, you need a Digimon Rookie that is cool and collected and maybe a touch cold...a Champion who is Calm and Collected but prone to outbursts of rage...and an Ultimate who has the whole Ying / Yang thing going on...hmmm...

Well, the obvious choice would be Renamon as a Rookie, since she's always depicted as cold and blunt (at least at the start of her arc) and that seems to be a "racial trait." As for a Champion...maybe Turuiemon? I know it looks a touch silly, but it's a martial artist much like the Tamer, and it's much more prone to outbursts than Renamon, even with the Martial Training. As for Ultimate.... how about Knightmon? Calm, refined, collected, controlled...but supremely powerful and possessed of an intense fiery passion for what it holds as the moral and just thing to do?

Or we could start from a different point than Renamon, or you could go for the standard Renamon --> Kyubimon --> Taomon, if you want.

Quote from: Lynnie on June 08, 2016, 04:17:21 PM
So her Digimon will get her to come out of her shell and see that humans aren't so bad. She teaches her Digimon that sometimes fantasy is just a way to work through things. Also working together they teach one another how to trust in others and just how easy it is to be a true friend.

I know just couldn't find the trainiee level verison of him >>

Ah, I see...so maybe....maybe her Digimon is a bit TOO quick to trust, so it shows her that trust isn't all bad, and she shows it that it should always be cautious, since there are mean people out there? So he teaches her confidence, she teaches him "street smarts?" :P

As for the Trainee, well, the Rookie could be either Kudamon, or maybe Gomamon? As for Ultimate...how about Andiramon?

Quote from: pendarious on June 08, 2016, 04:24:08 PM
lets see...what could he and his digimon teach eachother? hmmm.......based on the personality I'm imagining the digimon would teach him to have more faith in both himself and the people around him while he teaches his digimon to be more skeptical of others so I guess one would help the other grow as a person while the other slowly gets over a sense of naivity or something like that. I've admittedly never tried partnering a character with a complimenting digimon before....so this is a bit harder than I expected....

Hmm....well, a natural starting point would either be - at Rookie level - Tentomon or maybe even Guilmon, right? Tentomon for the curiosity, intellect but friendliness and Guilmon for the "everybody is a friend!" attitude?
Vergil's Faceclaim Archive; For All Your Character Model Seeking Needs!

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Dubbed the "Oath of Drake,"
A noble philosophy; I adhere...for now.

Amarlo

Digimon: Salamon
Personality: While Salamon is naturally trusting and happy by default, she can be perhaps a little too trusting and open about her thoughts. She is sweet and out going, always willing to make friends but she is also extremely prideful to the point that she often overestimates her own abilities. Combine this with her curious nature and she can sometimes get both her and her tamer into trouble. As a result, she can help bring out the more trusting side in Mei and show her that not all people are as bad as they seem, while simultaneously teaching her independance and to trust in her own capabilities. In return, Mei can teach Salamon the benefits of caution and thinking things through before you act.

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Lynnie

I like Kudamon and Andiramon isn't my style actually >.>

pendarious

hmm....if I had to pick one of those two I'd pick Guilmon
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?

Vergil Tanner

Amarlo:

Oooh, Salimon...nice choice! Who's the Champion and Ultimate gonna be? Mega's will come later :P

Lynnie:

Hrm...well, you have MagnaAngemon, you could have Asuramon, you could have Panjyamon...any of those striking a fancy?

pendarious:

Oh, you don't HAVE to pick either of them; they're just suggestions. ^__^

Everybody:

Well...maybe it would help if I shared mine.

So, Elias's big thing is that he is aggressively protective of Mei, with no care for anybody else...but his passion only has one outlet; rage, violence and aggression. So, his Digimon needs to teach him how to relax and have fun, how to vent in other ways and how to not take himself so seriously all the time...but his Digimon also needs to learn how to be serious when needed, how to focus his indignation and pride into a focused point, a goal, and how to channel his more aggressive urges into something constructive. Basically, they need to both learn how to balance seriousness and mischief, and how to let loose when they can and focus and become serious when they have to. Therefore...I think the perfect Rookie is...

Impmon! And they would of course, at the beginning, be at each others throats what with Impmons constant pranks and mischief that he pulls to try and get a rise from Elias to try and get him to let loose a bit more.

As for the Champion Mode, well, I see that happening when Impmon realises that certain situations require more serious concentration and serious, committed effort...but he'd go too far with that passion and rage and aggression, and become Black Growmon. When they both achieve a "healthy balance" between seriousness and levity, when they both learn how to channel their instincts into various constructive aspects rather than lashing out at everybody around them - whether through violence or mischief - and kinda come down from being their unapproachable, generally unlikeable selves, Impmon's Ultimate would be Beelzemon, who is more capable of snark and humour, but when the shit gets real, he gets serious.

So as you see...both Impmon and Elias are generally unlikeable and lash out at people around them due to their own impulses, urges and selfishness, but Elias does it with raw aggression and taking things too seriously, while Impmon does it with pranks, mischief and general nuisances in an attempt to push people away. They need to learn a better balance between seriousness and humour - which they learn from each other - but they also need to learn not to push people away, which they learn together by growing closer as friends and realising that it IS possible to be close to somebody and not get hurt.

I hope that example makes sense >.>

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

pendarious

I was actually considering a Veemon who if your'e ok with it would ultimately become an Ulforceveedramon

Amarlo

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on June 08, 2016, 04:56:12 PM
Amarlo:

Oooh, Salimon...nice choice! Who's the Champion and Ultimate gonna be? Mega's will come later :P

Me thinks Gatomon -> Angewomon ^^

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Vergil1989

I'm alright with Renamon, Turuiemon, and Knightmon works well enough for me.  ;D  I appreciate that greatly Tanner.  Yay!  I'm a happy little anger management Digidestined!  Lol joking aside, I'm cool and excited to get goin'.  Should I edit this into my profile then?
Taker of the Oath of the Drake
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread
IMPORTANT UPDATE as of October 6th 2016 in A/A page

Kiric Rand

For Morgan, I see his whole quest being about learning that vengance won't solve anything, and that he needs to stop holding on to the past, as it can poison a person's mind and make them dead to the world around them.

To that end, I think his partner should be one that is a little more outgoing, and forgiving, though maybe sometimes a bit too forgiving at times. But there is a time for forgivness and a time for justice to be served. Though at first they have differing ideas of what that justice might be.

I think it would be fitting for him to have a mechanical type digimon, but one who has emotional choice. If we get that far, I think Hiandromon (which I know is a Mega) might be the most fitting. My personal choice would be Machinedramon, but seeing as that one is a bit cold, it may not be the best choice for him learning something.

Guess that means the rookie would be Hagurumon. That is, unless you have any good suggestions
[Floatright]
[/float]
Guardian of Lynnie's heart
-My inbox is sort.of like 7-11. It's not always doing business, but it's always open.-
Flying High or Falling Fast (O/Os)My Ideas! A/A updated 2/11/15

Vergil1989

Andromon might be better since he's not as cold.  If anything, the giant robotic warrior was pretty awesome in his own right.  Just throwing that out there for ya Rand.  ;D
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread

Kiric Rand

Yeah, i was thinking Hagurumon -> Gaurdromon -> Andromon-> (eventually hopefully) Hiandromom
[Floatright]
[/float]
-My inbox is sort.of like 7-11. It's not always doing business, but it's always open.-

Vergil Tanner

Quote from: pendarious on June 08, 2016, 04:59:23 PM
I was actually considering a Veemon who if your'e ok with it would ultimately become an Ulforceveedramon

Well...I haven't decided yet if The Royal Knights are off limits or not, and you'd have to sell me on why that makes sense given the character and Digimon's character arcs. In any event, Ultraforce Veedramon is a Mega, not an Ultimate, so we're not really chatting about that level quite yet. We're basically outlining Rookie --> Champion ---> Ultimate and our rationale behind it. Why do you think Veemon makes sense for your character? What's your thought process there?
And I'm not criticising or anything, I'm honestly asking :P

Quote from: Amarlo on June 08, 2016, 05:02:54 PM
Me thinks Gatomon -> Angewomon ^^

Interesting....reasoning, in terms of Mei? :P

Quote from: Vergil1989 on June 08, 2016, 05:04:42 PM
I'm alright with Renamon, Turuiemon, and Knightmon works well enough for me.  ;D  I appreciate that greatly Tanner.  Yay!  I'm a happy little anger management Digidestined!  Lol joking aside, I'm cool and excited to get goin'.  Should I edit this into my profile then?

No, not quite yet. Which Trainee II - the level after the first Trainee, and the level before Rookie - were you thinking? Since that's how you'll first meet your digimon. :P

Kiric:

Hmmm....well, Hagurumon would be difficult, since in all of its canon appearances, it's displayed no sense of self whatsoever, basically being a mechanical tool.

How about...how about the In Training II Caprimon, digivolving to Armadillamon, or maybe Kokuwamon or Gottsumon? If you're set on Hagurumon, though, we can work something out, I'm sure!

Kiric Rand

Actually I like Kokuwamon, plus it still gives me the Gaurdromon -> Andromon path
[Floatright]
[/float]

pendarious

well I was considering Veemon-->Veedramon--->AeroVeedramon---->UlforceVeedramon

from rookie up to mega

but anyways I figured Veemon because he's friendly, outgoing, extremely energetic, focused almsot to one track mind degree, and fairly trusting and open to others. Tomoya on the other hand is cynical but tries to be goofy, often without energy and slow moving, unfocused unless interested, and not as openly trusting. plus there is the fact that Veemon can be Reckless and Tomoya would rather not rush.

I do understand that you aren't criticising so no worries there. IF royal knights are off limits then I'll have to look at Aeroveedramon's other options for evolution

Vergil1989

Ah, hmm, I forgot that part lol.  But yeah, let me think a second.  Had to look up the evolutions for its In Training forms, and Pokomon, a little gold furball with fox ears and a tail was the first one my eyes fell on.  It's friggin cute!

http://wikimon.net/Pokomon

Lynnie

Amarlo

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on June 08, 2016, 05:17:03 PM
Interesting....reasoning, in terms of Mei? :P

Because I wanna!  ::)

But no, seriously. Lmfao. As opposed to her brother, Mei is the more pure of the two. She is afraid to hurt even a fly because of the violence she grew up around at times and doesn't want anyone to ever have to feel the pain she's felt at any point in her life. Because of that she can sometimes allow people to push her around and avoid confrontation to the point of self sacrifice and creating her own misery. Gatomon is very protective and unwilling to let anyone push her around. She will teach Mei the merits of protecting herself, because if she's going to be self sacrifical then other people get hurt in the process anyways - i.e Gatomon or Elias while protecting her. On the flip side, Mei will teach Gatomon that violence isn't always the answer and sometimes things can just be talked out. Which is where it would lead to Angewomon, who has the ability to heal as well as fight. At her Ultimate form, both Mei and her digimon will ideally understand the merits of balancing both rather than going one way or ther other.

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Vergil Tanner

Quote from: Kiric Rand on June 08, 2016, 05:21:02 PM
Actually I like Kokuwamon, plus it still gives me the Gaurdromon -> Andromon path

So you're thinking that Koku's docile, passive personality contrasts YC's aggressively vengeful personality, and that they can grow to meet in the middle somewhere?

Quote from: pendarious on June 08, 2016, 05:23:41 PM
well I was considering Veemon-->Veedramon--->AeroVeedramon---->UlforceVeedramon

from rookie up to mega

but anyways I figured Veemon because he's friendly, outgoing, extremely energetic, focused almsot to one track mind degree, and fairly trusting and open to others. Tomoya on the other hand is cynical but tries to be goofy, often without energy and slow moving, unfocused unless interested, and not as openly trusting. plus there is the fact that Veemon can be Reckless and Tomoya would rather not rush.

I do understand that you aren't criticising so no worries there. IF royal knights are off limits then I'll have to look at Aeroveedramon's other options for evolution

I see...so how do you think they could learn from each other, then, and then how could they grow as people together? :-) And yeah, it might be a bit of a pain, but the Royal Knights are...odd. I'll have to think on it :-)

Quote from: Vergil1989 on June 08, 2016, 05:24:45 PM
Ah, hmm, I forgot that part lol.  But yeah, let me think a second.  Had to look up the evolutions for its In Training forms, and Pokomon, a little gold furball with fox ears and a tail was the first one my eyes fell on.  It's friggin cute!

http://wikimon.net/Pokomon

OH MY GOD IT'S SO FUCKING FLUFFY.

*Ahem*

Quote from: Lynnie on June 08, 2016, 05:26:27 PM
I will have to check them out when I get home

Let me know if you need any help!

Amarlo:

That makes sense! On that note, what would her In Training II form be?

On that note...hmm....Impmon's In Training mode...I'm thinking Pagumon. *nods*

Amarlo

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Kiric Rand

Yeah, both seem docile on the surfae, but Morgan is full of implosive anger. Actually means him and Elias might actually get along later on, considering both are very angry people, they just display it differently

So yeah, I guess Caprimon -> Kokuwamon -> Gaurdromon -> Andromon
[Floatright]
[/float]

Vergil1989

So, should I add that into my profile then or was there anything else we need to go over Tanner?  In any event, I'm loving the line up already.  Yay for awesome Digimon and ideas!

Vergil Tanner

Hmmm....yeah, anybody who has decided on their Digimon and had it approved, go edit the Trainee II form in...NOT the Rookie or Champion; only add those as they're "unlocked." :P