ice's requests // MxM characters

Started by icecradle, May 24, 2013, 11:19:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

icecradle

~Behind the scenes
- Looking for MxM (or MMM or M-Harem) characters. Writer gender is irrelevant.
- Anything from Light romantic fluff to Extreme
- My Ons/Offs are here.
- Ongoing plotting and discussion. I have a discord for ooc chatter/plotting.

~ Plot hooks/scenarios

Fear and Obey

Theme: Noir, super-villain, dark, sci-fi thriller, potentially poly
Inspirations: The Truman Show meets Gotham, with influences from Altered Carbon,
The Good Place and Ready Player One.
Characters: Dante Fear, an AI video-game villain/Crime-Lord who is slowly gaining
existential realisation, and one or more human 'players' or henchmen/other characters from
the game. Dante will start off as a dominant character, however ideally I would like things to
become more switchy as the plot progresses.
I'm going to use the name Theo in the descriptions below, but he's a place-holder and very
tweakable.

Synopsis

Nocturnia; a city that comes alive at night, where chaos and crime rule the streets, mobster bosses clash in the shadows of dimly-lit alleyways, femme fatales slink in luring doorways, and dogged alcholic detectives out for vengeance look for the opportunity to catch a break. Here one crime lord seeks to rise above the others. The mysterious figure known only as Mr. Fear has been gathering allies and executing those who stand in his way. He seems on the verge of total domination unless a plucky group of vigilantes can take him down.

Except none of this is real. Nocturnia is simply a total-immersion video game. Mr. Fear is the impossible-to-beat villain. And they really do mean impossible-to-beat... in the five years that Nocturnia has been around, no player has managed to prevent his rise to power. No one has succeeded in winning the game. Eight players begin, and within the space of a few months, Mr. Fear picks them off, one by one, until the final player bears brief witness to his victory, and the game ends.

The game resets. Eight new players begin. History repeats itself.

Mr. Fear is just a video-game villain. He's not real. Just a collection of programmed personality traits. But he's designed to adapt, and as players repeat the game, try new tactics, different routes, chasing down that elusive glory of being the first to defeat Mr. Fear... Mr. Fear learns. Somewhere, despite the frequent resets, part of Mr. Fear's subconscious remembers. Sometimes a player will accidentally let something slip, a mention of the 'real world', a throwaway comment about 'the last time I played...' Part of him is starting to suspect that things aren't quite what they seem.

This is the fourth time that Theo has started playing Nocturnia... but he's pretty much given up on the idea of actually beating Mr. Fear. It's not that he's fallen in love with a video-game character, it's just... something about Dante Fear intrigues him. In an obsessive kind of way. When he starts playing for the fourth time, he's not playing to win. He's playing to stay alive long enough to capture Mr. Fear's attention. Maybe he's deluded, but Dante feels like more than just a programmed NPC; he feels real. And Theo feels a calling to help him somehow.

Can Theo succeed in getting through to Mr. Fear? Will he be the catalyst that Dante needs to put all the clues together? And is there a way... could there ever be a way of breaking free of the game?

story content

On the surface, Dante Fear is a cliche super-villain character, designed to be intimidating, dangerous and infallible. However at the time the plot is set, he's already having doubts about everything around him. If you've seen the Truman Show, that's the general idea - he's been playing out the role he's been programmed to but gradually learning and gaining awareness. At the point the story begins, this is all buried in a subconscious sort of state. He knows something is wrong, there's little bits and pieces that don't add up, but he falls into the pattern that he's been programmed to follow. A catalyst is needed to bring about full realisation.
As written above, the idea is that an obsessed player seeks out Mr. Fear and ends up telling him that this is all a game. If this had happened earlier in the game's existence, Dante would have laughed the notion off, but at the point of the story this revelation confirms something he is already beginning to suspect.
What happens from that point onwards is up for discussion. I can see Dante being angry that he's effectively been trapped in a repeating, pointless existence, and wanting to somehow break free of it. I toyed with the notion of there being the eventual possibility of hacking the game, or channelling the characters' consciousnesses into human bodies somehow... or maybe they just accept the inevitable and live in their short snippets of live forever. Obviously I would want a relationship to develop between Dante and the player(s). While the dynamic of this relationship would begin with Dante as both the dom and top of the relationship, I see that infallible-Dom role as something that Dante seeks to break free from. So I would prefer either Theo to be a switch, or for there to be other characters after the initial catalyst moment.

~Settings
always open to discuss the following:
- Vampire the Masquerade
- Werewolves / Garou
- Fallout / similar post-apoc style.
- Firefly / similar westernesque sci-fi.
- The Outer Worlds / similar dystopian sci-fi
- humans with powers (OCs like Xmen or similar style)
- generic sci-fi/cyberpunk.
- generic demons/demi-gods/gods/aliens/magical superior beings
- modern fantasy
- modern

Not my comfort zone but I might bite:
- historic
- high/traditional fantasy
AA // OO // Requests

icecradle

added 'Groupie' and updated status of the others. =)
AA // OO // Requests

icecradle

added 'Internet Romance?' and 'Phantom House Guest'

also reopened the boarding school plot as that thread has gone inactive and I'd be up for another.
AA // OO // Requests

icecradle

added 'World without women' and reopened 'Groupie'
AA // OO // Requests

icecradle

cleaned this out and added the short roles/scenarios section =)
AA // OO // Requests

icecradle

cleaned out again and added a new idea. Difficult to play, maybe, but I think it has a lot of potential
AA // OO // Requests

D is for Demon

Loki x male OC, eh? Interest check: if you are still looking, PM me.
...by a knight of ghost and shadow, I summoned am to tourney...

icecradle

tweaked a bit and added the Outlaws' hostage.
AA // OO // Requests

icecradle

AA // OO // Requests

icecradle

AA // OO // Requests

icecradle

AA // OO // Requests

icecradle

AA // OO // Requests

icecradle

cleaned out and added plea for fallout =)
AA // OO // Requests

icecradle

AA // OO // Requests

icecradle

updated,
all very generic for the time being, but please pm me if you're interested, I'd love to get back into the swing of things
AA // OO // Requests

icecradle

updated. (added scenarios, and the currently craving bit). lots of muse for cyberpunk/sci fi especially right now.
AA // OO // Requests

icecradle

looking for a couple of threads now so I updated the currently craving bit and threw a sci fi scenario up there.
AA // OO // Requests

icecradle

AA // OO // Requests