Caperon - Utopia, original races, sandbox with GM event (interest check)

Started by Cynadea, February 19, 2014, 01:07:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cynadea

I have a whole background written here, but the main lines are these:

A very advanced etheral races feeds on energy. Their planet is no longer producing said energy. While looking for alternative away from their planet, they discover a slaver's ship on which someone has discharged that energy they so sorely need. The ship is led to their planet and the slaves are studied to reproduce that discharge. When they realize that it happens during a climax, they change the captivity conditions to optimize the slave's comfort until Caperon II, a moon that is very close to the planet, is terraformed into a utopian planet. The RP setting is generations later, where more races were also added to the planet including humans.

• Terraformed moon to be made idealistic
  • 5 races, 4 playables with distinct differences that make them unique
  • No pregnancy possible. Female genetic material (eggs) removed before they are put on the moon
  • Elders no longer feeding the ethereal beings are taken off the moon and back on the planet to raise the children of their kind so that their original culture is mostly kept intact.

• Ethereal master assigned with character creation.
  • Ethereal may be NPC'ed by GMs only.
  • Sandbox game, with GM event for which player are free to opt in or out.
  • Multiple threads (a few common ones, and private homes if players wish to)
  • Placed under Exotic, extreme.
  • Standard header tags for each post.
  • Wiki will be used to store information and character sheets.

For this game to happen, I need at least 5 serious player.

Would consider a co-gm if someone I know is interested.

Any interest in the game? Questions or suggestions?

Currently MIA, not available for  RP

Ons and Offs ~ Idea thread

ElvenKitten

Cynadea

I've developed the races on the wiki, but nothing is really set in stone. If I get a suggestion that I think makes sense and could work with the world I have in mind then I'll add or modify stuff. Since it's an all-original setting, there's a lot of freedom there.

Currently MIA, not available for  RP

Ons and Offs ~ Idea thread

Ember Star

"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony