On High Seas: A Game of Pirates, Captives, Sailing, Adventure, Battle, & Booty!!

Started by Urbanzorro, February 11, 2014, 09:18:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juggtacular

Vassus

Coming up with a Scottish Boatswain, if no one minds terribly. Terrible with images, but beyond that, I should be able to rustle something up.
E-Mail: radically.irrelevant@gmail.com

Did you know: "polish" is a word that completely changes it's meaning when you capitalize the first letter?

Juggtacular

Vassus

Bloody terrible with formatting, hope I didn't botch anything up on that front. Beyond that, here he is:

Alexander Brand
by Vassus
Age 32
Gender Male
Orientation Bisexual, somewhat uncomfortable about it
Appearance Details: A stringy fellow, with more dexterity than strength, he has a pale complexion from his homeland, and a scar on his shin from his brother.
Position Boatswain
Personality When there's business to be done, he'll get it done, should he see fit. When he puts his weight into something, there's a good chance it'll move. Otherwise, he can be a layabout. He doesn't make assumptions about his work, which is why he's a boatswain rather than a quartermaster or a captain. Drinks as heartily as any other man, and will romance anyone who will let him. He's a good person, besides the rape, looting, and murder.
Biography Raised in Ayrshire in Scotland, he was raised by his father (who gained wealth trading fabrics) and step-mother along with two brothers. His youngest brother was always up to something, and it evolved from childhood pranks to things more sinister when their father grew elderly and inheritance came up in conversation. There was enough for all three, but there would be much more for the youngest son if there weren't any brothers in the picture.

After killing the middle child, Alexander knew that his youngest sibling was out for blood. After a battle between himself and some street thugs, Alexander killed four men, his brother included. Fleeing justice for what he believed would be entirely blamed on him, he fled to Socrata, an island south of the Yemeni Eyelet of the Ottomans. He decided to return home after five years around the Arabian Peninsula, stealing and finding himself in minor service in the New Order armies of the Turk, picking up some Turkish to go along with the Arabic he learned from his time wandering around the levant, and what French he could remember from his education.

As he gained minor reputation and a price on his head, he decided to try and make it back to Europe, or maybe the Americas. This would not happen, as he was captured by a pirate ship (not unlike our ship), joined up, and rose through the ranks, eventually finding his way to the Vendetta.
Weapons/Equipment A scimitar, a short-barreled rifle (if carbines are available, a carbine), and, of course, a flint locked pistol.
Character's Ons: Including but not limited to: Assertive women, light bondage
Character's Offs: Humiliation, animals, typical things
Player's Ons: bondage, being a switch
Player's Offs: Intense wounds, cutting.

Did you know: "polish" is a word that completely changes it's meaning when you capitalize the first letter?

Vassus

Not Sean Bean, though he may be a better visual representation of my character. Eh, je ne sais pas.

Viper

Viper
by KariaShinzou

Age 20...22...maybe?
Gender Female
Orientation Preference to men, but the right woman will get her gears grinding

Appearance Details:

Eyes: Gold, the pupils slitted like a snake in day light, but become blown out in the dark for night vision

Mouth: On both top and bottom jaw she has dual sets of incisors to complete a set of four fangs. She has a split tongue and it is VERY difficult to understand her to those who don't take the time to understand. (i usually leave the split tongue as an optional effect) Her jaw can unhinge as well.

Hair: Long jet black hair that reaches her knees, gives her the effect of a cobra when fighting.

Skeleton: Her spine consists of 52 vertebrae that are a bit smaller then a normal humans, but makes her torso look strangely long. Her joints are able to bend in uncanny directions so that she can fit through impossible spaces. She can turn her head nearly 180 degrees.

Muzzle(optional depending on story): She wears a metal muzzle that covers her nose and entire jaw, whether put by force or wears it out of discipline, she is almost always wearing one. (like the hannibal mask only not so creepy, more mundane.)

Venom: If bitten, a normal human will feel like they have taken ecstasy x1000 and within a minute their heart will seize up and die. This is a comfort for Viper since she needs to release her venom and her victims die happily. Only blood ignites the release of venom (excluding pure animals). At the same time, this venom attacks Viper's own body, one could spill her guts upon the floor and she would only feel pleasure. She is constantly sensitive, her hair tickling her neck, the brush of fabric upon her skin, to the ground beneath her feet drive her body to insanity. The more she brings up her heart beat, the faster the venom rushes through her body and becomes more effected by the venom. Over time she has learned to function through it.

Position Captive, probably in a cage in the cargo hold...and making lots of noise.

Personality Untrusting, scared, angry, and broke. This viper is in search of somewhere safe, she is always hunted. And though she has gotten a grip of her body, people still seek to hurt, kill, and cage her. She wants a sanctuary, where she can be what ever it is that she is, and not be judged or hated for it.

Biography Ever since Viper can remember, she has been hunted, caged, traded, and sold for no other purpose that she is exotic and dangerous. Viper has no recollection of where she was born or who her parents are/were. Living her whole life to survive, she has always prayed for a place where she could truly free.

Weapons/Equipment Get near her mouth, and its over. Though place anything in vipers hands and she can club or stab anyone to death, but really isn't trained in any weapon other then her fangs.

Character's Ons: For Viper Specifically: A man that can stand toe to toe with her in battle and wear her out. Someone who takes the time to teach her, and kindness, are things that turn Viper into a little kitten.
Character's Offs: Unexpected advanced upon her person (intentional touching without knowledge or permission), being called stupid because she usually cant understand others and it is hard for her to speak with her split tongue. Being judged for what she has attempted to do to survive. Anal. Being caged, or bound in anyway.
Player's Ons: O/O's
Player's Offs: O/O's

She would never intentionally harm an innocent, oh no, not the purring kitten that was viper, if kittens had fangs, were poisonous, and liked to rip writhing bodies to shreds only to bathe in their internals and laugh at their horrified screams

bubby

Vassus

Aye, so was I. Her character's not the worst thing that could happen, though. It could be fun as long as only she and maybe like one other person does it. Urban did mention "fantasy elements" (though whether he intended it for this, who am I to say?).

Juggtacular

The more "fantastical" elements of Pirates of the Caribbean had zombies, mermaids, undead skeletons and fish men under the command of Davy Jones.

Viper

I can dumb her down a lot, I was going to add more to her bio that she is from deep within the uncharted forest of the Amazon.

Rave

I think it's fairly realistic to say she uses poison as a weapon and has sharpened her teeth in such ways that they appear as fangs. The things that just seem a little too much for the general humanity of the characters is the dislodging of the jaw and the spinal chord. She's definetelty interesting, I'd just humanize her a bit rather than dumb her down.

Juggtacular

Ooooh. A suggestion if I may?

Like Rave said, humanizing doesn't have to necessarily mean dumbing her down a lot. Instead of the jaw stuff and all that, why not make her like Copperhead in Arkham Origins? Triple jointed so she can move around like a snake(rare, but has happened in people), filed her teeth to fangs and her nails/toes to claws, etc, etc, etc... And at the end of the day, she's extremely snake like, but still a person. And having been born and raised int he deep jungle, it would be strange to everyone else, but explainable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYxiqIf6rdY

Rave

Caela

Oooooo, now this looks interesting and already has a great group or writers! Am going to have to make a CS and hope it's not full up...or make one and just wait patiently until the Captain is ready to take on new crew or more captives! :D

Caela

Jezebel "Bell" Stanton
by Caela
Age 24
Gender Female
Orientation Heterosexual
Appearance Details: Bell has pierced ears and a strawberry birthmark on her left hip in the shape of a crescent (waxing) moon.
Position Captive, to be caught

Personality Initially Bell seems like a quiet and proper young woman, perhaps a bit more well-read than most people would like in a woman but still well mannered, polite, and seeming to know her station for all of that failing.

Those that know her, know that appearances are most decieving! While she can play at being meek and proper, Bell's natural personality is bright, bubbly, opinionated and outspoken. Being intelligent she all but devours every book her Father can get his hands on for her and particularly enjoys scholarly works and the few, and far between, scientific papers that manage to get written and published.

Biography The only child of a well-off jeweler/goldsmith, Bell, has been rather spoiled and indulged most of her life. While her Father demanded that she be able to pretend to societal customs in public, in private he cared very little for his daughter's particular eccentricities, and, in fact, took pride in indulging them. He ensured that she was far more educated than many young women were allowed and was, quietly, proud of her knowledge, even though he made her hide it when his clients visited his shop, or called at their home to place more personal orders.

His one frustration, brought on by his own indulgence of his daughter, was her refusal to marry a man she didn't love. With his own success he could afford her a substantial dowry and had hoped to make her a match to a member f the gentry who had fallen on hard times and would need the money he would settle on her at her marriage. As his only child, and with his business and monies being un-entailed, she would also stand to inherit quite a sum upon his death as well. Unfortunately, she saw no reason to marry but instead chose to aid her Father in his business, learning to keep his books, which other merchants and ship's Captains he could deal with honestly and which would try and cheat him while also running their household and playing Hostess for him when he held dinner parties.

It mattered very little to her that she was considered a "spinster". In fact she enjoyed the greater freedom this actually afforded her to do as she liked as she grew beyond was was, generally, considered being of good marrying age. It was that freedom however, that allowed her to be on a ship, with the purpose of visiting a Maiden Aunt in Barbados, that would be attacked by pirates and allow them to claim her valuables and herself as booty for their troubles. 

Weapons/Equipment N/A
Character's Ons: Bell is pretty innocent sexually, beyond knowing she finds men attractive there's not much to say.
Character's Offs: She absolutely won't enjoy bestiality, bloodletting (a bit of biting or scratching that breaks the skin is o.k. but being cut on isn't), maiming, underage, or toilet play. Anything else can be experimented with at least once.
Player's Ons: I would like to expand Bell's sexual/romantic horizons and find her in situations in which she is distinctly uncomfortable but that she learns she actually enjoys once she gets past her inhibitions.
Player's Offs: Anything other than what is on the character's off's lists can be negotiated.

Viper

I will modify as soon as possible. Thank you Rave and Jug for the advice. I put her out there as my characters original features just to see reaction and what is liked and disliked. So ill put in the changes and re post a changed application asap.

<3

xPeachyPuff

Posted. I actually wrote a load up and then was about to post it when Marconi posted for Samson, haha! Had to rewrite some parts, so I hope it's alright.

- Rainbow ♥

Rave

bubby

Not sure if things have started or not, but I'm going to have to back out of this game. Apologies.

xPeachyPuff

Noo, Bubby ;-; That's a shame since I was really looking forward to our characters interactions.

- Rainbow

Vassus