Justice League Reborn (Reboot)

Started by Jarod1, March 30, 2014, 08:48:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Strifesblaze7

suppose I ought to find a picture of Robin from Arkham city.
Is there a point where nobody cares

assleigh

I'm working on Zatanna's backstory... And a thought occurred to me...do you want everyone in Gotham or will Dick go walkabout to find them. I had the notion that Zatanna was on a cruise ship when Darkseid attacked... So she could have used magic to keep the ship and everyone on it safe, hiding out in a tropical paradise... So would have to be tracked down and convinced to leave her happy place for the harsh life of a hero again.... Or I can have her leave the island of her own accord after ensuring their safety...which could become a plot point if the island gets discovered by Big bad D's forces...
The queerest of the queer ... I know what's good for you (You can touch me if you want)

My ONs and OFFs

Jarod1

No I don't want everyone in Gotham. Dick will come looking for you

Strifesblaze7

But it would make sense to have Tim already be with him right? Seeing as they both work Gotham

Strifesblaze7

Deathnote

That black hood makes him look a little more like Red Robin.  :p

Strifesblaze7

I agree. I just like him in the arkham city style a lot.

Rave

VoluptuousVixen

Vixen, Zatanna, Stargirl and Donna!

Hell four women on a team is usually the MOST they have at any one time. Seems about correct to me....sadly.

Girl Power my sisters!

Deathnote

Well, Jarod did say he would like for there to be a Supergirl.  Maybe he could recruit for just that one last position?  ~_^

Strifesblaze7

I definitely agree at least being split five to five would be nice. Nobody gets left out then lol

Jarod1

I would like a few more ladies I was hoping for the number to be more even.

Strifesblaze7

Well it is only 6 to 4 right now. So supergirl and another lady hero?

Jarod1

Strifesblaze7

Jarod1

Quote from: assleigh on April 01, 2014, 02:22:13 PM
I'm working on Zatanna's backstory... And a thought occurred to me...do you want everyone in Gotham or will Dick go walkabout to find them. I had the notion that Zatanna was on a cruise ship when Darkseid attacked... So she could have used magic to keep the ship and everyone on it safe, hiding out in a tropical paradise... So would have to be tracked down and convinced to leave her happy place for the harsh life of a hero again.... Or I can have her leave the island of her own accord after ensuring their safety...which could become a plot point if the island gets discovered by Big bad D's forces...

I like that idea a lot. My first post will really set things up of what's going on.

Deathnote

Would Darkseid be the only enemy?  I was thinking that with Aquaman out of the way, Ocean Master would move in and attempt to usurp the throne.  He might even attempt to do so via a smear campaign by blaming Aquaman for the "unnecessary" deaths of half the Atlantean army.  He could even have made a deal with Darkseid to secure his position as the new King of Atlantis.  This could lead to a sort of civil war between Garth and Ocean Master.

Jarod1

Quote from: Deathnote on April 01, 2014, 08:14:02 PM
Would Darkseid be the only enemy?  I was thinking that with Aquaman out of the way, Ocean Master would move in and attempt to usurp the throne.  He might even attempt to do so via a smear campaign by blaming Aquaman for the "unnecessary" deaths of half the Atlantean army.  He could even have made a deal with Darkseid to secure his position as the new King of Atlantis.  This could lead to a sort of civil war between Garth and Ocean Master.

I'm definitely open to other villains doing things. Possibly they even forged an alliance with Darkseid. I could see that happening.  They may plan to take power themselves at some point.

assleigh

I had a bunch of odd ideas about Zatanna and the people aboard ship. I was thinking:

- She is hiding in the Bermuda triangle, what better place to keep off the radar?

- Perhaps she's been finding places for people aboard ship to settle... Say dropping off some of the more bellicose women on Paradise Island, perhaps others she brought to Atlantis to strengthen their numbers post battle etc. So there could be little enclaves of reinforcements ready to strike against their oppressors. Maybe she could use her magic to make people Merfolk and Amazons...

- I'd envisioned her training some folks aboard ship magic, simple stuff, ley line healing and communications' so they could serve as medics and spies behind enemy lines.
The queerest of the queer ... I know what's good for you (You can touch me if you want)

My ONs and OFFs

Jarod1

I like those ideas though from the sounds of it Atlantis might not be all that safe.

mia h

Name : Stargirl
Alias : Courtney Whitmore

Powers : None
Abilities: Cheerleading, Gymnastics, Variety of martial arts but skills are more defensive than offensive. Some basic engineering knowledge.
Equipment:
Cosmic belt : Gives the Courtney enhanced strength & agility. It also allows Courtney to project 'Shooting Stars' which can disrupt electrical devices, such as the human nervous system.
Cosmic staff : Produces anti-gravity allowing Courtney to fly or levitate other objects. Courtney can also use the staff to fire energy blasts or construct force fields

City of Operation: L.A.

History: The technology that powers both the belt and staff was created by Courtney's stepfather Pat Duggan, a stepfather that Courtney didn't want or like. During one of Courtney's regular attempts to dig up some dirt on Pat she found the belt and staff hidden in an old steamer trunk and she decided to "borrow" them. It didn't take long for Pat to discover the theft but he agreed to let Courtney keep the belt and staff if she would let me train her. Over the six months that Courtney was active as a hero, she decided that Pat really wasn't that bad after all.
As one of the few heroes on the West Coast, Courtney realized there was very little she could do to stop Darkseid's forces from taking over, so she formed her own resistance cell of sorts. By day Courtney and her family make contacts and gather intel, by night Stargirl makes hit and run raids against Darkseid's forces, trying to bring a little hope to maybe the most cynical city on the planet.

Appearance:
If found acting like an idiot, apply Gibbs-slap to reboot system.

assleigh

Quote from: Jarod1 on April 02, 2014, 12:59:25 AM
I like those ideas though from the sounds of it Atlantis might not be all that safe.

all the more reason to drop off some reinforcements to them...maybe specifically passengers with military/logistics backgrounds. Also any of the young, elderly or injured Zatanna could offer to take back to her Bermuda Triangle hidey hole. I figured she knew its 'secret' through her occult lore... I figured, literally, there be monsters and other magical weirdnesses there so it's really a place of last resort to go to.

My ONs and OFFs

Kristen

(Edited to include the segment: Abilities apologies everyone heh.)

Hello everyone. I'm not sure if this fits in as I've just recently begun reading this topic so feel free to let me know if the below isn't something you're looking for in this story.

Name: Dr. Pamela Lillian Isley
Alias: Poison Ivy

Powers:
-Plantlife/Green-life manipulation
-Mind Controlling Pheromones

Abilities:
- Mild to intense hypnosis depending on the dose of spores that her victim is exposed to. As a personal RP preference, I love non-con but I hate the idea of a victim's character being turned into a mindless zombie. If a character falls under her 'spores' in this type of story, it'll play out as a type of puppetry control that forces their bodies to obey Ivy's command but keeps their mind perfectly intact. Mind control can be sloppy in a story sometimes and so I like the idea of keeping the mind of any character exposed to it fully in the hands of their writer.

NPC's... I figure might not be so rough to have fully exposed to her desires if they're exposed hehe. In terms of a writer-controlled character though, any hypnosis would be temporary and while it's done, their character would be fully aware and able to object, wanting to object, maybe hating what they're doing and trying desperately to stop it, only to find their bodies obeying the commands given to it. This is all something that can be discussed later.

- Vine control. Poison Ivy uses vines in general like an extension of her own body. Serpentine in nature, flexible, accessible and convenient, wherever she is, she's never far from a few underground snaking plants eager to keep her safe and serve a purpose.

- Plant control. Unlike vines... plant control reaches to flowers, trees and other green-life. Ivy can influence their growth, performance, amplify a trait or reduce it at a will. Almost as though she's talking to it and influencing it one way or the other. Scented flowers can be influenced to amplify their scent by a considerable amount if she's trying to impact a target walking through that area. Bushes can shift, growing, entangling, trees can extend a branch or shorten them... leaves can thicken or thin.

- Outfit plant manipulation - This is a bit of an extension on her branch manipulation. If she's wearing her plant-themed outfit, she can use the segments that form 'bracelets' or 'armbands' which are actually thin branch-lines in and of themselves to expand, or contract. Fabric of her plant-based attire can morph and thin out, extending from her body like another limb or coiling back, hugging her frame reverting to it's original form as a simple outfit.

City of operation:
To be determined hehe.

Notable personality traits and History:

An expert in the study of botany; Pamela's made a living in the study of plant-life. Frustrated with the limits of her position... providing studies and results for those in higher authority to decide what to do with it, to tank products or to take on particular tasks that Pamela disagreed with, she found herself only as efficient as her arguments were. To those who weren't held accountable to her arguments, this was horribly inefficient. This was a problem that Poison Ivy never had.

Without the inhibitions that Pamela Isley had to obey, Poison Ivy was capable of using her abilities and her ambition to further her cause. Her cause was environmentalism to the absolute maximum degree. Becoming a prominent eco-terrorist, lines were drawn in the sand that blurred right and wrong. To protect the world itself... the view was that the earth had to be saved. The earth sustained the population, and not the other way around. Right now the population was damaging the earth seemingly without remorse or any kind of long term plan to fix their habits.

As time evolved, 'right' and 'wrong' became defined more and more by the people affected in her ambition. For Poison Ivy, nature was to be protected and even strengthened in order to maintain it's existence. This drove a series of tests and experiments on her part that looked to strengthen the aspects of nature itself. Faster growing plants, stronger set vines... even poisonous thorns. Poison Ivy was not a murdering psychopath who had the time to go around killing one person at a time. No... she found such an idea to be horribly inefficient. Poison Ivy decided to allow nature to defend itself against mankind's most effective means of pollution and destruction.

Her initial plan was to develop a product that could be dispersed over a large plot of land and effect the growth of the trees, the flowers, the grass, the vines, amplifying their effects but also rendering them considerably tougher to 'manage' by those people trying to cope with this ever-growing 'park' of hers. Her experiment was an early success as those who tried to restrict the growth of the park with their weed wackers and pesky flame-throwers found themselves becoming targeted by the park itself, vines sprouting, grabbing at them. The aura of certain plants giving off a scent that was irritating and causing hallucinations.

Within the first few days, Poison Ivy's even acquired several 'squad' members who'd fallen under the influence of her spores and the vapors that identify her work among the garden. Using her pheromones and her spores, she finds herself able to amass supporters here and there to use them at her leisure...

Poison Ivy observed her test run with amusement. Unfortunately, there were still too many people... and as this was a test run, it was far from an overwhelming or surprising challenge that no one had time to solve. Eventually, the call was answered and the growing park-land found itself under one hell of a pest-control assault. Planes flying overhead dropping gas and fuel. Fire was intensely targeted to burn up the growing plantlife that was becoming considerably out of control to any simple squad of people going in trying to reduce the size of the vines and plants. Large numbers of teams approached the forest with their flame throwers and the planes did their work targeting the plants at the center that the teams could never get to.

Poison Ivy watched as her experiment shriveled beneath the furnace of man's resolve.

The fire was put out after... but her growing park had been reduced to nothing. It was a keen lesson for her, that man was more than a corrupt force, it was a virus... a disease that had to be humbled to such a point that it once again lived in tandem with nature. It wasn't something they could do while there were so many humans on the planet driven by trying to get what 'they could get' out of it until the world ended. Her plan was to bide her time and prepare the mass production of the entity that allowed her to strengthen the parks and plantlife. When time was right, she would distribute the entity to several parks at one time... and her goal would be to have the world immediately engulfed with the problem of so many parks growing at once.

With only 1 park as a test run, it was no surprise that it was eventually subdued and destroyed, but it wasn't a total failure, it showed her how resilient her entity made the plants, how fast and strong the vines grew, how the plant-life expanded on it's own accord, threatening to grow towards the nearest city, engulfing the streets, the buildings, the paved walkways... they couldn't have it and so everything was thrown at stopping this 'natural' phenomenon. Would they be equally successful if faced on multiple fronts with the same problem?

Poison Ivy was betting not.

This is where the invasion comes in. Poison Ivy observes the invading force with it's impressive strength and power. She doesn't care for the invaders one way or another, but the world is quickly forced to pick sides and those who don't are driven into hiding or just waiting to make the choice. Poison Ivy takes the side of the invader. This decision is fueled not only by her personal distaste for mankind over the last few years, but also a mathematical assumption.

War means casualties. Casualties means a reduction in population. And a reduction in the population means that when she does decide to make her play to fuel her precious gardens with her serum... with her produced entity that strengthens and amplifies the capacity and growth of plant-life, there will be no one ready to stop it. A war, won by either side... in her mind will leave one side defeated, and another needing time to recuperate.

She ties her fate not to the invaders, nor the defenders... she ties her fate to the planet itself. The one element that's been here longer than anything else.

Thank you for having a read. She's not a hero character in the slightest so I completely understand if it's not something you guys are looking for. I had a couple of minutes and thought I'd throw up a bit of a profile when I found myself inspired by the setting on the first post hehe. Have a great day and I look forward to dropping back. Whether I participate or not in this story I do have to say I like the collection of writers that have taken an interest in this so far. It'll be a great read.

- Kristen -
Ons/Offs | (NEW) Apologies and Absences

assleigh

Here's my first take on Zatanna, hope you like :)
Zatanna, Mistress of Magic

Name: Zatanna Zatara
Alias: Zatanna
Powers: Zatanna is a homo magi, a human born with the affinity to manipulate magic. Her unique genetic structure allows her to use the magic she was born with as well as learned magic. As a tribute to her father, and as a focus for her spells, she casts spells by speaking backwards. For example, saying "pots" would cause the target of the spell to stop in their tracks.
Abilities: Zatanna has all the skills of a world famous stage illusionist, a successful costumed adventurer and an accomplished occultist.

• Prestidigitation: Zatanna is a greatly skilled magician and an expert illusionist, therefore performing extraordinary (real)tricks and incredible illusions on stage is super simple to her.

• Hypnosis: Zatanna can hypnotize anyone and command them to do anything she pleases.

• Hand-to-Hand Combat (Advanced): Zatanna has received extensive training from her time with the Justice League and from her father who always told her to rely on her wits as well as her fists should her magic fail.

• Occultism: As a chronicler of magic she possesses an extensive understanding of occult lore due to her mystic background.

• Polyglot: Able to speak English and many other languages and her signature "Backwards Speech".

Weaknesses
  • Mnemonic Incantation: Zatanna casts her spells by saying the words of her incantations backwards. Mnemonic incantation is the most complicated of the mystic arts. She must be able to speak or read backwards in order for her to focus her spells.
  • Vulnerability to Magic: Powerful enchantments against beings of magic, like gods, are able to restrict her as well, preventing her from accessing enchanted places or dispel the adverse charm

Background: Zatanna was, of all places, on a cruise ship when Darkseid attacked. She had her hands full keeping herself and everyone aboard ship safe from Darkseid's forces as they swept through the world bringing low the mighty. She hardly had time to mourn the passing of so many of her friends before she was busy trying to give the people around her hope, hope for a safe, epaceful refuge from the conflict, hope for a way to fight back, depending on their skill sets and principals. Some she took to Paradise Island, women who sought refuge from the war and others who would fight alongside the Amazons like sisters born of a single spirit even if miles away. Others she took with her to a place of refuge, dangerous in its own way, but 'safe' from the newcomers to the world. Her eldritch studies had taughther the secret way past the dangers in the Bermuda Triangle to the island at its heart. There the remainder of the passengers and crew settled, some chosing to be trained by the Mistress of Magic in the fundimentals of her arcane art, the passive magics that draw on the power flowing free in the world, ley lines, both to heal the suffering and share information, once deployed these brave souls will form the backbone of a spy network that will share invaluable information with Zatanna so she could plan an effective resistance to Darkseid's campaign of conquest.

My ONs and OFFs

VoluptuousVixen

WOWZA, Ivy looks so sexy in that Pic!

And just to clarify we have seen ivy play on the side of Angels when it suits her.

In many of the Batman Story's she has teamed up with him when it suited her.

She also was a anti hero with Catwoman and Harley in Gotham Sirens before the new 52.

And in the new 52 she started out as a member of the Birds Of Prey.

So I could totally buy her been a member of a post apocalyptic world JLA.