Captain Planet Live Action Movie? In our Lifetimes?

Started by Wolfy, July 25, 2011, 11:46:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfy

It's more likely than you think!

http://cleantechnica.com/2011/07/25/captain-planet-hes-our-hero/

Yes...Will it suck? Will it be awesome? Will it have Maati, the most helpful character ever? :D Who knows!

Kunoichi

I think it could be done in a way that would be awesome, but at the same time, I think it would depend quite a bit on how they tried to do it.

Like, Maati could actually be useful if he got creative with the power he had, but if some director just only ever looked at his reputation for being lame and useless, then they might end up trying to give him some other weird powers instead, or else martial arts skills or something else lame like that.

Earth, Fire, Wind and Water, though?  I think modern special effects could make those pretty cool. ^^

NotoriusBEN

yes, because I want a blue-man with a green mullet in red spandex tights saving the day. >.>;;
I'd rather just go at it with fire.

Soon, my pet, soon I will feed you the world...
- Stan Smith cradling a flame on a lighter, American Dad

Oniya

Wolfy, you're supporting this?  I thought you liked Duke Nukem!

*exits, stage left*
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

TheGlyphstone

"I'm here to litter and chew bubblegum....and I'm all out of bubble gum wrappers.

setphaserstofun

If I try to picture a real life Captain Planet I can't get the image of Dr. Manhattan from The Watchmen out of my head.. xD

LunarSage

Ma-Ti was the Planeteer equivalent of Aquaman.  Useful only under very specific and forced circumstances.

I wouldn't mind seeing who they get to play Linka though, heh.   >:)

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: LunarSage on July 27, 2011, 09:32:22 PM
Ma-Ti was the Planeteer equivalent of Aquaman.  Useful only under very specific and forced circumstances.

I wouldn't mind seeing who they get to play Linka though, heh.   >:)

She's 16, you perv. ;D

LunarSage

And she'd be played by a 24 year old in any live action movie, as with all teenage roles.  What's your point?  :P

Besides, I'll readily admit to being a pervert.  I'm male, after all.   (Though I know a loooooot of women who are just as bad if not worse)

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

Morrowclaw

Captain planet to me was always a boring character and I really do see how they can make a two hour live action movie about a guy flying around cleaning up pollution and using teenagers to help him. Unless the plot is really clever and there is decent acting, writing, action and actors...I don't see it working.

Fucking Maati...
Partly for the hell of it
Solely out of boredom
Mostly for the story

Jag

Just...no.

*shakes head*

I don't think even I could sit through it (and I rarely have a bad thing to say about a movie).
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Krysia

I just hope that if they do this movie... mullets don't come back into style. >.>;;

Inkidu

I wanted to find the Robot Chicken skit where Ted Turner was Captain Planet, but Youtube said no. That would be how they need to do.

"Protect the planet or I'll f*****g kill you!"
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Inkidu on August 07, 2011, 12:22:21 PM
I wanted to find the Robot Chicken skit where Ted Turner was Captain Planet, but Youtube said no. That would be how they need to do.

"Protect the planet or I'll f*****g kill you!"

CP Abridged Trailer

Inkidu

If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Wolfy

Come on guys, this is going to be the "Casablanca" of our generation..the "Titanic", the "Dark Knight", the "Avatar"

It's going to revolutionize the film industry, you know it will! :D

TheGlyphstone

I'd allow that it might cause a revolution, in the guillotines-and-torches sense.

Oniya

"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Wolfy

Oh come on, you guys just can't see the potential here like I can. :P

This is so gonna be a good movie, and not just a cheap cash in on nostalgia.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Wolfy on August 07, 2011, 08:13:25 PM
Come on guys, this is going to be the "Casablanca" of our generation..the "Titanic", the "Dark Knight", the "Avatar"

Yeah.. it will be the Super Mario Brothers of our generation.. or perhaps.. our.. House of the Dead.. or.. Bloodrayne!

Oniya

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Oniya on August 08, 2011, 12:44:14 AM
No one's mentioned Ishtar yet?

Oh no..that infers.. something meaningful or useful might have been attempted. :D

Oniya

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Oniya on August 08, 2011, 12:45:58 AM
Good point.  Waterworld, then?

close.. but I think even 'Fish-tar' has more merit.

Inkidu

Quote from: Wolfy on August 07, 2011, 11:03:01 PM
Oh come on, you guys just can't see the potential here like I can. :P

This is so gonna be a good movie, and not just a cheap cash in on nostalgia.
This sounds eerily similar to what you said about another 90s icon that had his revival not too long ago. I hear that didn't go so well either. :D

I liked Waterworld. Sure the premise is just as absurd as all get out, but I'd watch it ten times before I watch Avatar again. Film of my generation, not likely Mr. Cameron, not likely. >,>

Kunoichi

Quote from: Wolfy on August 07, 2011, 08:13:25 PM

...Isn't Avatar the 'Avatar' of our generation, though?

Edit: Or am I explaining the joke? >>;

coolhands

I would be so happy if they follow through and made a movie out of this tv series.  I would watch it, even if it was a terrible movie.