The Summer of '55

Started by Blinkin, March 16, 2013, 09:33:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

azzmeister89

Now that is a fun thought

Blinkin

But something that would be exceptionally unforgiving for the time period. Lesbianism was as fast to get one shunded in the society as homosexuality was, and the act may end up being viewed really badly, along the lines of burning black churches bad, in the 1950's. It may be too far to go with the group of friends, but it's up to the characters.

Something to consider, a boy-friend might view it as bad as if she might if he cheated on her. Its quite a blow to his ego at an age where ego is just about crushed anyway. hehe

Please take this one to the OOC board. As soon as Kate's character is done, we'll try to get the last bits of backstory down and begin.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Siereis

In terms of homosexuality I was mostly joking...probably not going to throw in any of that unless it actually comes up.

My character is done for now so give her a quick glance over and let me know if any changes need to be done or added.  Thanks.

Blinkin

We are still open to 1 more male character, if there are any takers.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

BlackestKnight

I may be inclined to present something, if you need a character...

Blinkin

If you are inclined, you're welcome. If you require a need, there's a post saying we could use one more. :)
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.