Thundercats are loose! (And back!)

Started by Wolfy, January 26, 2011, 04:59:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inkidu

Quote from: Shjade on March 06, 2011, 01:08:32 PM
I have a hard time even drawing up nostalgia about the Thundercats. Whenever I try, I find myself instead thinking about an [noembed]entirely different set of far more awesome cats[/noembed].

Sword of Omens? I'd rather have a Sword of Rockets.
That was the most awesome show in the history of anything! I loved that freaking jet. :D
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Kunoichi

Heh, the Swat Kats were awesome. ^^ They had a missile for everything.

Wolfy

I want Swat Kats brought back and put on Adult Swim.

And they are the reason why I now hate Ted Turner...he pulled the plug on the show despite it's high ratings because they apparently tried pushing the line too far for a kids show.....>_>

I want it back, damn it. NAO!

Inkidu

Quote from: Wolfy on March 06, 2011, 11:36:54 PM
I want Swat Kats brought back and put on Adult Swim.

And they are the reason why I now hate Ted Turner...he pulled the plug on the show despite it's high ratings because they apparently tried pushing the line too far for a kids show.....>_>

I want it back, damn it. NAO!
Hey it was pretty edgy for a kids show. Still, seeing it on Adult Swim would be epic. That and Pirates of Darkwater...
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Kunoichi

Eh, they still show it on Boomerang, actually.  Plus the episodes are probably also on Youtube...

Shjade

Pirates of Dark Water was...okay, but doesn't hold up as well looking back at it, really.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Kunoichi

On the other hand, if it were to also get a reboot...

desert ashes

I loved the Thundercats!  So excited to see it coming back, hopefully it's as good as the preview. 

Someodd years ago I went to bingo with my grandmother, had been telling her about the Thundercats, and ended up holding up the game when I did the Thundercat call and naturally shot my hand up to thrust up the 'sword'!  A little amusing still.   ::)

make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin
they will lie about you, insult you, hurt you,
betray you, injure  you, set you aflame and
watch you burn. but they will not, shall not,
c a n n o t, destroy  you. because  you, like
R o m e, were built  on ashes, and you, like
a phoenix, know how to rise and resurrect.
· accepting new stories ·
 ·· · ideas & cravings ·· ons & offs ·· poetry ·· a/a ·· stories · ··

let there be beauty born from ashes

Wolfy

Pirates of the Dark Water was the first (Western) Cartoon to ever have an over-arching plot-line, that wasn't about just the "Event of the day" but rather an actual story.

I'd love to see that come back too...cause damn it, I want it finished! >_<

Shjade

I was catching up on Three Panel Soul and stumbled on this.

Seemed the best spot to share it.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Inkidu

Quote from: Wolfy on March 10, 2011, 02:07:10 PM
Pirates of the Dark Water was the first (Western) Cartoon to ever have an over-arching plot-line, that wasn't about just the "Event of the day" but rather an actual story.

I'd love to see that come back too...cause damn it, I want it finished! >_<
I don't think that's exactly true. Though most over-arching plot lines were simply "This will eventually happen, but it can't happen without ending the show" so they were quickly discarded for the adventure of the day.

Ironically, Cartoon Network did run some commercial where they did "finish" Pirates of Darkwater. It wasn't funny. >:[

Jag

I thought this would be nice to show:

Lion-O Tribute

I liked it. The song is Ancient Forest of Elves by Luca Turilli.
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Kunoichi

...Great.  Now I feel compelled to try watching the old Thundercats series on Youtube...

Geeklet

Jag

That was fairly...impressive. ^^ I like seeing Lion-O's dad kicking some ass. Though at the start they mention 'Third Earth', so I'm assuming Thundera = Third Earth this time around...which does explain how Mumm-Ra is there. Also, Mumm-Ra seems stronger, which is awesome.
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Kunoichi

Well, I'm cautiously-optimistic. ^^

Edit: *does some research*

Ah.  So, the story starts after the destruction of Thundera, where a bunch of the population survived and have managed to carve out a kingdom for themselves on Third Earth.  26 episodes are confirmed, and they can finish the story by 52 if need be, but they hope to exceed the original Thundercats' 135 episodes.  Snarf is apparently going to be treated more like R2-D2 or Chewbacca, where he speaks in words that the audience can't understand, but that the other characters can.  Mumm-Ra starts out trapped in stone at the beginning of the series, and will presumably break out at some point.

Oh, and if this does well, we might be getting a Silverhawks cartoon. ;D

Chris Brady

And of course, I'm never going to see any of it, because WB is an American company, and blocks YouTube from showing anything outside it.  Sometimes I hate being Canadian.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming