Dungeon Crawl Mafia - Game Over (Anyone May post here now!)

Started by RedPhoenix, January 26, 2016, 02:59:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Remiel

Quote from: RedPhoenix on February 11, 2016, 12:18:54 PM
I don't like plurality votes, it takes away the challenge of needing to convince people to vote with you and encourages lurking, so I probably won't ever use those, but giving some buffer time for people to talk and vote on any non-elimination thingys is fine.

Oh, I agree.  I would say: if someone has a majority at the end of the time period, they are lynched.  If someone only has a plurality, nothing happens.

Mintprincess

Vera you needed more votes than me to stay alive anyway? It says whoever has less votes dies. I had two. You had zero.  So voting for me hurt you.  I would say that spell doesn't make a whole lot of sense :/  I think the others that helped hurt look ok but that one just looks hurtful. 

I figured out you were good that day too.

More to come! Damn work!

Derwaysh

It was a gamble... but it worked. In more ways than one. He may just win the Goblin Peace Nobel. 8-)
And I, methinks, am gone astray
In trackless wastes and lone.

Pleased to meet you, hope you guessed my name! | A peek is worth a thousand words!

A/A

Finals Week: Posting delays of up to 1 week/10 days

Mintprincess

Ok! I finally have a moment to really catch up!  THANK YOU RED! I had so much fun with this game even if I stressed out and over thought the end.  I loved my character and the crazy powers and all and all it was quite an exciting game!

I wanted to comment on the time limit things.   I did like that we didn't have to wait the full time if we had decided.  But I can also see how people could come and the day would be done. 

So maybe, if you're giving 4 days for a day, you could say that the earliest the votes will count is at the 48 hour mark and the deadline is the 96 hour mark.  Everyone should be able to be on at least once during 48 hours to be part of the game or they really shouldn't be playing.  That gives everyone a minium time to make an impact.  But after 48 hours if enough votes are cast then we can go ahead and move on and not let things drag.   Thoughts?

I would love to play another one like this (but in a little bit! I need a break).

And everyone was fun and amazing!  And MP YOU ARE GOOD! GUY YOU ARE GOOD!  REMY YOU ARE GOOD!

I can't keep up with ya'lls skill

RedPhoenix

Thank you so much for the nice words minty! :)

And yeah I think a delay followed by a period of majority ends is the way to go.

Right now I do feel like I want to run another eventually, once we have some of the games that are ready to go finish up! :)
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs
I move the stars for no one.

Galactic Druid

I kind of wish I had Vera's powers, they seem like fun and it would have been a blast trying to see if I could get away with using them (probably not).

Red, do you mind if I unstick the thread, now that the game has wrapped up?

I'd play again if you ran another one. Right now I know Perse is trying to get ToS started, and somewhere along the way I still want to run a round of Ultimate Werewolf and playtest a couple of ideas much, much later.

I'm still planning to revive Deception late March as well, assuming we get the people for it.
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

Mintprincess

I would also play again sometime in March.  I can't take anything on between now and when I return from a vacation.  <3

Galactic Druid

Quote from: Remiel on February 11, 2016, 11:26:06 AM
I felt bad for Yugi, because he was the first one eliminated and didn't really get a chance to play.  But that's not your fault; it's simply part and parcel of these types of games, and if there's a better way to balance the elimination dynamic so that more players get a chance to participate, I have no idea what it is.

I meant to mention something in reply to this; it's a real shame that the mechanic that makes mafia games exciting and dangerous is the same one that keeps people from being able to participate the full game. I've been milling over that for ages, as my table hates player elimination mechanics in games.

My first idea ages ago was a game where deceased players linger as ghosts, able to communicate in limited ways, but I could never figure out balanced mechanics for it. The interest check for that one is still lingering in LCS. You could always have a handful of role that resurrect players, or even events at specific floors, or something, but that also means the deceased players have to keep up with a lot of detail in the off chance they get revived or not, plus when they're revived, they're a guaranteed, proven good guy, which paints a HUGE target on their back.

You honestly gave me an idea I really like, Red, for a game set in a futuristic setting akin to The Resistance, offering side missions aside from weeding out the spies that would give both sides chances to gain powers. Rather than dying, eliminated players could be sent to the brig, or left for dead somewhere, etc, and become counter-operatives with their own objectives....

It's an idea that needs a lot of thought to actually become something, and I'm already working on a new game for LCS, but it's an interesting idea...

Anyway, thanks again to you for running it, Red. It was a fun game, and really got some dusty old gears turning...

persephone325

Yugi always seems to die first in these games. I feel bad for him.

*hugs Yugi*
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Galactic Druid

Like I said before, that pretty much had you and any newer players off the table in my book, Perse.

persephone325

Quote from: ThatRPGuy on February 11, 2016, 11:37:34 PM
Like I said before, that pretty much had you and any newer players off the table in my book, Perse.

What did?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Galactic Druid

Yugi's death. I was like "There's no way Persephone would kill yugi night one."

persephone325

Quote from: ThatRPGuy on February 11, 2016, 11:45:37 PM
Yugi's death. I was like "There's no way Persephone would kill yugi night one."

Oh! lmao

Yugi and I are like Romeo and Juliet in these games. We're either on opposite sides, or he gets killed off before I do. XD
I don't know.

RedPhoenix

Quote from: ThatRPGuy on February 11, 2016, 11:19:26 PMRed, do you mind if I unstick the thread, now that the game has wrapped up?

Go for it! :)

Quote from: ThatRPGuy on February 11, 2016, 11:33:05 PMI meant to mention something in reply to this; it's a real shame that the mechanic that makes mafia games exciting and dangerous is the same one that keeps people from being able to participate the full game. I've been milling over that for ages, as my table hates player elimination mechanics in games.

Yeah, I think this is one of those basic things about mafia that when you mess with it you make it a different game unfortunately. Not that different games are bad, but I think eliminating people to silence them (or to make people think you want to silence them) is one of the key parts of it.

QuoteYou honestly gave me an idea I really like, Red, for a game set in a futuristic setting akin to The Resistance, offering side missions aside from weeding out the spies that would give both sides chances to gain powers. Rather than dying, eliminated players could be sent to the brig, or left for dead somewhere, etc, and become counter-operatives with their own objectives....

Sounds fun :)

QuoteAnyway, thanks again to you for running it, Red. It was a fun game, and really got some dusty old gears turning...

Thank you so much! I'm glad it was inspiring! :)

Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs
I move the stars for no one.

yugi006

Quote from: persephone325 on February 11, 2016, 11:34:41 PM
Yugi always seems to die first in these games. I feel bad for him.

*hugs Yugi*

*Hugs back*

Quote from: persephone325 on February 11, 2016, 11:53:53 PM
Oh! lmao

Yugi and I are like Romeo and Juliet in these games. We're either on opposite sides, or he gets killed off before I do. XD

One of these days.

persephone325

I don't know.

yugi006

persephone325

Quote from: yugi006 on February 12, 2016, 03:16:01 AM
That would be nice.  ;)

;) ;)

Also, Remi the good guy!! Hell has frozen over! lmao

JK I feel like I'm the only one who is always like "I'll give Remi the benefit of the doubt until he does something super shady." Like, I start out trusting Remi (and everyone, really) until I get solid evidence that he's a bad guy.

I trust you, Remi!!
I don't know.

Mintprincess

Quote from: persephone325 on February 12, 2016, 03:19:20 AM
;) ;)

Also, Remi the good guy!! Hell has frozen over! lmao

JK I feel like I'm the only one who is always like "I'll give Remi the benefit of the doubt until he does something super shady." Like, I start out trusting Remi (and everyone, really) until I get solid evidence that he's a bad guy.

I trust you, Remi!!
+1!

Although I wavered back and forth on you a bit in this game too but considering how sneaky MP was!!!

Perse it was also great to meet and game with you!

persephone325

Quote from: Mintprincess on February 12, 2016, 07:19:08 AM
+1!

Although I wavered back and forth on you a bit in this game too but considering how sneaky MP was!!!

Perse it was also great to meet and game with you!

Likewise! ^^

Though, at the end, I was like "Wait... Why is Mint acting so shady...? ???" lol
I don't know.

Mintprincess

Not shady! Confused as shit!!!!!   Too much talent between those players!

persephone325

Quote from: Mintprincess on February 12, 2016, 04:37:35 PM
Not shady! Confused as shit!!!!!   Too much talent between those players!

lol Fair enough! :P
I don't know.

Remiel

I was convinced Mint and MP were working together.   It was the only reason I could think of why she didn't just vote for MP and get it over with.

persephone325

Quote from: Remiel on February 12, 2016, 04:47:32 PM
I was convinced Mint and MP were working together.   It was the only reason I could think of why she didn't just vote for MP and get it over with.

That's what I thought, too! I was like "Wait... Why isn't she voting now? She voted before and then retracted it... What's happening??"
I don't know.

Mintprincess

Quote from: Remiel on February 12, 2016, 04:47:32 PM
lol! No way! I did vote for her.  I only pulled it back when she seemed upset that she didn't get a chance to talk. Had one of you voted for her before I did that it would have been over.