Beyond Hogwarts, Potter-verse (BON-H; Freeform)

Started by Vandren, June 15, 2009, 09:28:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadPanda

Tempting.  Very tempting.
I could always advance Vincent or Kat a year or so...
Voluptas ailuri fulgentis decretum est!
Omnis nimis, temperantia ob coenobitae.
(Jes, tiuj frazoj estas malĝustaj. Pandoj fakte ne komprenas la latinan!)

One on Ones Suggestion Box
Group Game Suggestion Box
Pandariffic Ons and Otherwise
In Memory of Bishrook

Vandren

Quote from: jilorbb on June 19, 2009, 09:52:01 PMI only meant that this school situation didn't fit my own take on the HP universe.

It doesn't necessarily fit my own primary take on the Potter-verse either.  But, then, as a consequence of my profession and training, I'm open to lots of interpretations and such.  That's the nice thing about literature, there are lots of possibilities (in this case, sure, there's no textual evidence, but I'm not trying to make an argument regarding it, so evidence doesn't really need to be there in this case).
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

kckolbe

Well, I really am enjoying your Imperial Academy, and would be up for this.  So all of the characters are graduates of one of the schools and are they all preparing for same or similar jobs, or is it just "graduate" school?  I'm in either way, just curious.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

GothicFires

its like University after high school. you have to decide your own goals and what you want to do.

you can look at what we have done for characters so far here Characters

you don't have to know the harry potter history but you do need to know a little about the universe http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hogwarts#Grading_and_assessment is a start you can probably find links to the schools from there or just google Goblet of Fire... that is if you want to come from one of the other schools beside hogwarts.

Edited to include... you can even play a teacher if you want. But if you run more than one character, one must be a student. If I am wrong I am sure Vandren will correct me.

looking for new games
discord: Agara#3507

Vandren

Quote from: kckolbe on June 20, 2009, 09:12:53 PMWell, I really am enjoying your Imperial Academy, and would be up for this.  So all of the characters are graduates of one of the schools and are they all preparing for same or similar jobs, or is it just "graduate" school?  I'm in either way, just curious.

Basically, think of it as a sort of Hogwarts College (although such things don't necessarily exist in the canon world).  Actually, a college or university from a good century or so back would be a better analogy.  That'd be before practically everyone went to college and really only those who could a) afford to and b) were interested in knowledge for its own sake went to higher education.

As far as info goes, this is the best and most user friendly HP wiki I've found to date.
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

Vandren

I'd forgotten, there is possible canonical precedent for specialized post-Hogwarts education: Wizarding Academy of Dramatic Arts in Beedle.  However, I say possible because this could be an alternative school to Hogwarts' more generalized education.

kckolbe

Lovely, I will start working up a char concept.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Vandren

More players and characters are always welcome.  :)  See the links below.

DarkAngel

I wouldn't mind jumping in this .. If you need another female let me know

GothicFires

We have a more the merrier policy. Create a character and send it to Vandren  :D
looking for new games

Vandren

What she said . . . all PR for the group will henceforth be handled by GF.   ;D

GothicFires

So if i save you time here, does that mean i can occupy your time else where?  O:)
looking for new games

GothicFires

We've got 9 characters and 7 players in the game.

While we are just now getting to the island where the school is located, this game is open any time you want to jump in so come have fun with us

WE'RE MAGICALLY DELICIOUS!
looking for new games

Risa

Sorry for the delay in my character's posting. My mind has been...elsewhere for the last two weeks.

GothicFires

looking for new games

Vandren

No problem, Risa, although that's probably better for the OOC thread.  :)  Offline lives always come first and being "out of it" happens . . . a lot in some cases.

Saku

I wouldn't mind coming on board if you still have the 'more the merrier' policy going on *winks* xD I'll have to think about my character and will probably PM you when I get back on Wednesday ^^ if that's okay :)
I'm back!
"Times change and so must I. We all change when you think about it. We’re all different people all through our lives.
And that’s ok, that’s good, as long as you keep moving, as long as you remember all the people that you used to be.
I will not forget one line of this, not one day, I swear. I will always remember when The Doctor was me."
Ons/Offs! vs Updates! vs Requests

Vandren

The "more the merrier" policy is always in effect.  I'm working things up as one part "sandbox" style and one part guided (varying ratios depending on offline stuff, desires, etc.)

Tyolka

Hey there - I'm new and looking for a place to jump in...and this looks like something I'd love to be a part of.  Is it too late to join? :D

Tyo  O:)

And modified to see the "more the merrier" policy...on my way over to find the school!

GothicFires

looking for new games

GrinningHound

Can I be a Teacher's Assistant focusing on Field Training for Fighting Fire With Fire, an advanced Defense Against the Dark Arts?  :D

GothicFires

I've already set up a character to be the defense against the dark arts teacher. I don't see a problem with you role playing a student actively trying to become her assistant. it should be fun.
looking for new games

Vandren

Quote from: GrinningHound on July 16, 2009, 01:12:55 AMCan I be a Teacher's Assistant focusing on Field Training for Fighting Fire With Fire, an advanced Defense Against the Dark Arts?  :D

You can try . . . a TA in that field is ultimately up to Vivienne (GF's teacher character).   >:)

GrinningHound

It's a University, there's room for more specialized courses, Defense Against the Dark Arts is quite broad.

My guy is probably working on his thesis or some other big project for his degree, and he's going to do that by developing this course. 

Fighting Fire with Fire, powerful and dangerous magic for use in the field against enemies of goodly wizards, be they monster or Dark Wizard (a militant specialty).

It's fine with me for him to be working under GF's character.  I want to lead students on lots of dangerous field trips.  :P  Or, if there are no other players who want their characters in my class, he can just do that in the background, and show up with all sorts of burn marks and bruises and trophies and stuff from his adventures.

Saku

Wow, things are heating up xD I'm gonna have to jump in soon! xD I should be able to get something in at some point either today or tomorrow! I'm currently catching up on posts ugh lol
I'm back!
"Times change and so must I. We all change when you think about it. We’re all different people all through our lives.
And that’s ok, that’s good, as long as you keep moving, as long as you remember all the people that you used to be.
I will not forget one line of this, not one day, I swear. I will always remember when The Doctor was me."
Ons/Offs! vs Updates! vs Requests