Super Dimensional Fortress Macross: Ground Pounders! Interest Check!

Started by Mac84, January 21, 2012, 05:36:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mac84

Howdy Y'all. This is a Interest Check to see in anyone would be interested in doing a Macross RP centered around Destroids.

The setting a couple years after the Megaroad 1 takes off. A couple of Destroid pilots (including Monsters) are combined into a rapid response unit called the 59th Combined Tactical Operations Group (59th ComTOG). They will be encountering different missions from Malcontent conficts to Space fights.

Here is the sight that will be used for the Tech specs of the Destroids: www.macross2.net/m3

specifically the SDF: Macross Section as they have the best specs on the Destroids to be used.

I am looking for people to be Pilots.

The Destroid I am looking at crewing are the HWR-00-MkII Monsters

looking forward to seeing who will be interested.

Robelwell202

Lieutenant Dyson McCrae, reporting for duty.

Prefered Destroid assignment:  MBR-04 Mk.6,  Destroid Tomahawk

http://www.macross2.net/m3/sdfmacross/destroid-tomahawk.htm
Mal:  "Define 'interesting'."
Wash:  "Oh God, Oh God, we're all going to die?"

O/O
A/A
Ideas

Blobbe

Colour me provisionally interested, but I'd need to know in advance what section this game would be going in

pendarious

*chuckles* oh now this is interesting but as far as i can remember SDF-1 only used destroids for defense and didn't send them out to do anything but defend the ship
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

Blobbe

Given the OP, I would assume that this is meant to be after the Zentraedi rain of death, during the reconstruction period. There's a lot more open infantry action fighting insurgents and rebels and a chance for the ground-pounders to really shine.

Mac84

Hello Kayla, and Pendarious,

The Setting is after the launch of the Megaroad.

so there will be back country action as well some space action on a Space cruiser.

the overall plot can still be discussed and hashed out.

Since the Story involves Zentradi and Meltrandi (Aliens) It would be placed in the Light: exotic Group.

Robelwell202

Quote from: pendarious on January 22, 2012, 06:15:46 AM
*chuckles* oh now this is interesting but as far as i can remember SDF-1 only used destroids for defense and didn't send them out to do anything but defend the ship

This is true, but looking at the 'historical' documentation of the various classes of destroid, they were intended to be grounn-force offensive-capable machines.  The only purely defensive design, at least as far as mission-specific in concerned, is the Cheyenne prototype, at least as far as I know.

Either way, I still think it'll be fun.

O/O
A/A
Ideas

pendarious

i never said they weren't designed for ground offensive operations I'm merely saying that the SDF-1 only ever deployed them on the ships deck to act as a defensive measure against the zentradi attack pods. I can honestly say that earth based combat didn't really occur until the SDF-1 returned from it's 1 year voyage around pluto and the outer rim of the solar system. Commander Britai really chased them around. then after the mars incident Kyron hassled the living hell out of them. though to be perfectly honest even then the ground war didn't really pick up until after Kyron destroyed both the SDF-1 and docked SDF-2 in order to get his revenge. then after that happened the SDF-3 was commissioned along with the colony vessles to leave the earth creating a whole new line of macross class ships. it was after the launch of these vessels that the ground war truly began and even then the Destroids were accompanied by a tank variation of the Veritech combat fighres. of course this depends on whether or not Mac here plans to fallow the SDF Macross plotline or the ROBOTECH plot line in the end. And all of this is merely speculation from someone whos watched both and of course can't really remember well just what the ground forces did *shrugs*
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?

Robelwell202

The main differences between RT and Macross

By:  Rob Elwell

1)  The SDF-1 Macross was not destroyed.  There was no SDF-2, but rather, and SDFN-1 Hiyase

2)  The SDF-3 that you're referencing never existed in the Macross universe.  RT imported that from Genesis Climber: Mospaeda.  There have been a total of 12 SDF-N class Macross-Replica fortresses built, as well as several newer classes, including the Stealth-Carrier Flagship class seen in Macross Frontier (Colonization Fleet 25 [Frontier] and 27[Galaxy]) as well as numerous Macross-Quarter carrier vessels.

3)  The Protoculture is a long-dead race that seeded colony worlds roughly a half-million years to a million years before the events of Space War One.  The Macross was orignially a Maltrandi Gunboat, and the Zentradi were seeking it because it was the only ship they could find that had any reflex weapons on it.  (No such thing as a Protoculture Matrix)

Okay, I think I'm done.

O/O
A/A
Ideas

pendarious

I knew all the differences...I just couldn't remember certain aspects of ROBOTECH like the names of the tank varitechs and the likes and when exactly ground combat became a prominent part of UN Spacey's job description.

Robelwell202

There's always been a Ground Combat aspect to the UN-Spacy's Jobe Description, hense why the destroids were designed.  According to canon sources, the destroids were designed in parallel to the Valkyrie-class fighters as a non-transforming ground-combat option.  They just happened to work (or not) as mobile gun-turrets on the deck of the SDF-1 during it's return flight.

O/O
A/A
Ideas

Mac84

Please Gentleman.

no need to Argue.

Your both right. Both During the ROBOTECH and SDF: Macross Series. They seemed to portray Destroids as Clumsy, bumbling hulks that served no purpose beyond being "Bullet Sponges". However looking over their specs from the internet site I provided. Which if I understand correctly are taken from the "Macross Chronicles" Magazines.  They are much more powerful than they are shown to be. That is why I would like to start this RP centered around the Destroids. As a way to show they were not worthless.

There will be ground engagement as well as space engagments

pendarious

well I never intended to argue I was merely pointing out what I remembered.

though I wouldn't call destroids useless....I mean NEVER would I say they were useless....I always thought they were pretty cool. Also I was just saying that any real ground combat wouldn't come into play until the SDF-1 returned from it's one ear trip across the solar system.

Mac84

No worries.

I'll have Create a Discussion and Character thread so we can keep the Game thread Clean. I am still working on ironing out a story though. So please bear with me a bit.

:-)

Robelwell202

<raises hands>

It wasn't my intention to argue, either, but to help smooth out some of the confusion between the two series.

LONG LIVE THE FIN!!

(WHOOPS!!  Wrong board!)

O/O
A/A
Ideas

Mac84

(Smacks Rob with a Blue Fin Tuna)

That's right, Wrong Board.

(Long live the Fin!)

Mac84

depending on how many people we get.

we will have a couple of squadrons

Each player would have his own squadron: Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, Etc.

The squadron leader will be of "Major" rank so no one player is over the others. In Game superiors will be NPC. Used to establish plot and missions.

If players want, they can be subordinate to another player ex. If both people want to play as members of Alpha Company. 

Mac84

Mac84

Mac84

Sessha

Oh what the hell I'll throw my lot in as well. As a note to the above discussion on the badassness of Destroids there was an episode of Robotech where Rick Hunter was caught in an incident where he had to pilot a destroid against insurgent Zentraedi and he kick some major ass. So yeah they be some bad mofos.
Locked, cocked and ready to rock!