posting box

Started by MzNurse, March 21, 2009, 06:40:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MzNurse

I'm having problems with my posting box.  Everything works well until I get to the bottom of posting box. Then, it seems to stop moving.  You can still scroll down to read it, but the minute you start typing, everything below the original bottom goes back to hidden until you type, and then the newly typed letter bounces the entire screen up so you can see it briefly and drops it back down.  Very reminiscent of the old fashioned manual typewriters, but at the same time extremely annoying.

How do I stop this?
Mz's O.O   Mz's Downtimes   Story Ideas  Open for a few new rps. PM me.

Maeven

You can make it bigger by grabbing the little tab thing at the bottom middle of the box; did you try that?
What a wicked game to play, to make me feel this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to let me dream of you.
What a wicked thing to say, you never felt this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to make me dream of you. 

The Cardinal Rule

Vekseid

Quote from: MzNurse on March 21, 2009, 06:40:35 PM
I'm having problems with my posting box.  Everything works well until I get to the bottom of posting box. Then, it seems to stop moving.  You can still scroll down to read it, but the minute you start typing, everything below the original bottom goes back to hidden until you type, and then the newly typed letter bounces the entire screen up so you can see it briefly and drops it back down.  Very reminiscent of the old fashioned manual typewriters, but at the same time extremely annoying.

How do I stop this?

What browser are you using?

MzNurse

@ Maeven: no, I haven't, but I will.

@ Vekseid: IE...uhmmm...whatever the newest version is.  And Windows XP if you need that too.

Vekseid

I assume you mean IE 7 and not 8? You don't have problems with any other website?

Hate not being able to duplicate things : /

MzNurse

No...and its just been recently that I've had problems with this one.  And it is IE8.  Come to think of it, I didn't have this problem till I downloaded IE8...

Vekseid

...people using beta browsers and then complaining of the resulting issues give me headaches :-p

Really would suggest using Firefox : /

jouzinka

IE 8 is no longer a Beta version, Veks. Unless you consider everything by MS to be Beta version. ;D
Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A

Vekseid

Well, IE8 breaks a lot of things, unfortunately : /

MzNurse

One and only time I ever tried firefox it made my puter crash and burn.  I'd rather stick with irritating post boxes....

HairyHeretic

You could also try Opera.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Haibane